CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 31-12-2012 08:14 AM

Yay for laying Dallas

kayjay 31-12-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Yay for laying Dallas

:p

OscillateWildly 31-12-2012 09:59 AM

So the Bears are not playing post season football.

But on the plus side, neither are the Cowboys or the Giants.

Need to think about who I am cheering for now. Obviously it won't be the ******* bastard Packers.

Latvian Eagle 31-12-2012 10:28 AM

Wild Cards I'm going for Seahawks, Packers, Texans, Ravens.

jazman 31-12-2012 10:36 AM

I hope you're all happy. The result you wanted. A least we had a chance of reaching the post season unlike some.

Amidst the carnage, too many injuries to contend with. Carrying an injured Ware and Bryant into the game and then Austin going down just compounded matters. And while you know I have backed Romo throughout I have to say that enough is enough. That's no excuses, we were there and with a real chance but it was brutal and I'm gutted. But I'll get over it, it's the hope that kills you. Well see what happens from here ...

Good luck to all those left in. I'd rather like an emotional Colts win or perhaps the Vikes.

jazman 31-12-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II

The Rocco tackle on Harris made me laugh. The yellow flag was thrown and those Skins on the sideline were questioning why ... :D ... I think he thought he was back playing Aussie rules!

oz_da II 31-12-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
The Rocco tackle on Harris made me laugh. The yellow flag was thrown and those Skins on the sideline were questioning why ... :D ... I think he thought he was back playing Aussie rules!

He was a lazy forward, that may be his first ever tackle.

jazman 31-12-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
He was a lazy forward, that may be his first ever tackle.

Not quite, he did another like that earlier in the game ...

oz_da II 31-12-2012 10:51 AM

Ok, his second ever tackle. ;)

Latvian Eagle 31-12-2012 10:54 AM

Do Denver wear orange instead of blue again?

Chiefs first ever number 1 draft pick. :eek: Any clues / early ideas who they or Jacksonville will draft?

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 31-12-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
I hope you're all happy. The result you wanted. A least we had a chance of reaching the post season unlike some.

Amidst the carnage, too many injuries to contend with. Carrying an injured Ware and Bryant into the game and then Austin going down just compounded matters. And while you know I have backed Romo throughout I have to say that enough is enough. That's no excuses, we were there and with a real chance but it was brutal and I'm gutted. But I'll get over it, it's the hope that kills you. Well see what happens from here ...

Good luck to all those left in. I'd rather like an emotional Colts win or perhaps the Vikes.

:o ........ Awww I feel bad now Jaz...... For all of a second!!! :moo: :p :hi:

Funk Butter 31-12-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
Do Denver wear orange instead of blue again?

Chiefs first ever number 1 draft pick. :eek: Any clues / early ideas who they or Jacksonville will draft?

Luke Joeckel? There isn't a slam dunk #1 this year and no QB worth the top pick. It will come down to the combine, it looks like.

LLCOOLSTEVE 31-12-2012 06:30 PM

Quite surprised Lovie Smith got fired

OscillateWildly 31-12-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Quite surprised Lovie Smith got fired

That was always on the cards. We've had three good seasons in nine years and while he was always got our defence sorted (not surprising from a former LB and a defensive co-ordinator) he never quite got the hang of the offence and that's why we under performed.

The feeling was that he had one last chance this year and he would have stayed had we got into the playoffs but that would have been papering over the cracks.

We need a decent OL and we need to figure out whether Cutler is a good enough QB. I am still sure that he has all that it takes.

Swanny32 31-12-2012 07:21 PM

Black Monday has lived up to it's name. Very excited to see who we get in to replace Reid.

Latvian Eagle 31-12-2012 07:46 PM

Where are Vince Young and JaMarcus Russell these days? :o

Vince Hilaire's Afro 01-01-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Quite surprised Lovie Smith got fired

It seems Gruden's alleged interest in returning to NFL coaching has given some big market teams itchy feet.......?

Latvian Eagle 01-01-2013 12:35 PM

With all the talk of Reid out at Phili and Lovie out in Chicago we seem to have over looked those other teams who've ditched GM's and/or Head Coaches.

Cleveland
Kansas City
Buffalo
Jacksonville
San Diego
Arizona

Funk Butter 01-01-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
With all the talk of Reid out at Phili and Lovie out in Chicago we seem to have over looked those other teams who've ditched GM's and/or Head Coaches.

Cleveland
Kansas City
Buffalo
Jacksonville
San Diego
Arizona

Just read an article about how Spanos is looking at his next head coach to be one that could play well in LA. The new mayor has said he's not going to kowtow to the Chargers on a new stadium deal.

Latvian Eagle 01-01-2013 02:25 PM

Los Angeles Chargers... Doesn't sound right to me. :hmph:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.