CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Adlerhorst 08-01-2011 11:46 PM

They really are up for this now.

saxoneagle 08-01-2011 11:54 PM

That 12th man stuff is bullshit - all home fans make noise in the NFL and Seattle and KC aren't alone in having noisy fans like commentators and analysts would have you believe. Sorry, I don't buy it.

saxoneagle 08-01-2011 11:55 PM

Oh, and if you think NO can't play in noise, then you haven't heard the fans at their home games!

pauldrulez 08-01-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
That 12th man stuff is bullshit - all home fans make noise in the NFL and Seattle and KC aren't alone in having noisy fans like commentators and analysts would have you believe. Sorry, I don't buy it.

The proof really is in the pudding.

There are more false starts in Seattle from opposition teams than any other stadium.

KC are up there as well.

pauldrulez 08-01-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Oh, and if you think NO can't play in noise, then you haven't heard the fans at their home games!

I have.

When the Saints are on offense, it's deadly quiet.

Like when the Colts are on offense, there is a sign shown on the big screen saying "Peyton at Work" and they know to be quiet.

HOLY SHIT

GO SEAHAWKS

peagle 09-01-2011 12:08 AM

wont last, cream rises to the top.

pauldrulez 09-01-2011 12:10 AM

Saints haven't been all that this year.

Seahawks receiving the Kickoff. They get a TD on their opening drive and this is going to be tough for the Saints.

The Hawks D has come to play.

AddiscombeEagle 09-01-2011 12:10 AM

Wow what a half.

pauldrulez 09-01-2011 12:11 AM

I hope the 2nd game is like this.

I'm so ill but i'm being kept wide awake

saxoneagle 09-01-2011 12:17 AM

Paul - no stadium is ever quiet. We've had this discussion before when you've whinged about the Pat's quiet support. Sure, some are louder than others, same as any sport, but I think you're over-looking two major things which affect most teams, especially from a dome, who play in Seattle over their own stadiums:
Weather
Outdoor conditions

Add to that homefield advantage in the NFL is, seemingly, a lot more important than a lot of other sports and it doesn't take a genius to see that teams on the road are jittery and keen to get going to try and get an edge, any edge, on the home team.

Latvian Eagle 09-01-2011 12:18 AM

Some neat plays by the Hawks... Even Matt Hass looks decent for a change!

:lux: Go SEATTLE!!!

pauldrulez 09-01-2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

Paul - no stadium is ever quiet. We've had this discussion before when you've whinged about the Pat's quiet support. Sure, some are louder than others, same as any sport, but I think you're over-looking two major things which affect most teams, especially from a dome, who play in Seattle over their own stadiums:
Weather
Outdoor conditions

Add to that homefield advantage in the NFL is, seemingly, a lot more important than a lot of other sports and it doesn't take a genius to see that teams on the road are jittery and keen to get going to try and get an edge, any edge, on the home team.

Fair enough.

I, unfortunately, can't speak from experience, yet.

I'll go with your opinion.

Other than the Dolphins. Was it 6-2 away from Miami and 0-8 at Landshark or whatever it's called now?

peagle 09-01-2011 12:22 AM

Quote:

Weather
Outdoor conditions

Gillette can be loud (I've been led to believe, haven;t been there yet :( )!

Obviously homefield is huge in America, the Saints have travelled over 2000 miles for this one to a different time zone! That'll always help isolated teams and Seattle are fairly lonely up in the North Wst corner. However I think it'd be naiive to say that Seattle wasn't louder than average and it has a proven effect. It correlates that it has been measured the loudest (though I'm surprised a non-dome would be) and also is the greatest false-start stadium.

Latvian Eagle 09-01-2011 12:25 AM

I love Qwest Field...

Best looking Stadium in the NFL in my opinion! :p

pauldrulez 09-01-2011 12:25 AM

Anyone up for a NFL BBS'ers on Tour Day next year?

Cowboys meet the Patriots at Gillette.

With a bit of luck, we could combine it with an Eagles game. With a massive bit of luck, it could be Dolphins @ Eagles.

Latvian Eagle 09-01-2011 12:26 AM

I remember the Seahawks played someone in the wild card game 3 years ago and the wind was so strong that the guy receiving from a punt almost missed the ball as it just dropped out of the sky without warning.

saxoneagle 09-01-2011 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Fair enough.

I, unfortunately, can't speak from experience, yet.

I'll go with your opinion.

Other than the Dolphins. Was it 6-2 away from Miami and 0-8 at Landshark or whatever it's called now?

1-7 at home, 6-2 away. If they'd beaten us they'd have been 1-7 and 7-1, the first ever team to do so... :cool:

saxoneagle 09-01-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Anyone up for a NFL BBS'ers on Tour Day next year?

Cowboys meet the Patriots at Gillette.

With a bit of luck, we could combine it with an Eagles game. With a massive bit of luck, it could be Dolphins @ Eagles.

If it is after October 21, I could be persuaded, depending on whether I have a job by then! :(

Adlerhorst 09-01-2011 12:30 AM

Loved that.

pauldrulez 09-01-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

If it is after October 21, I could be persuaded, depending on whether I have a job by then! :(

Here's hoping then :p