CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Vince Hilaire's Afro 12-01-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
If they don't get an agreement, it'll be ridiculous.

I can only speak of the owners i've heard talk about it.

Mr. Kraft wants a deal done. The Jets guy (Woody Johnson?) wants it done.

I wonder who doesn't want to agree to it?

I also wonder which teams will be buggered if/when the salary cap returns.

I think all the owners want an agreement, but don't want to sell themselves down the river (as they felt they did last time).

Panthers chief Jerry Richardson is the main man for the owners in negotiations, and he's been very downbeat about the chances of reaching agreement. As I've said before, he's completely run the Panthers' roster down in anticipation of this happening, too.

jazman 12-01-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Masturbation joke...

Trust you to lower the tone ... ;)

Anyway, this lockout is starting to really get rather worrying. I always thought that they would sort something out once the season is over but nothing looks close as yet. It would be a complete failure on all parts if it was allowed to happen. The worry is that it has happened in other US sports so can happen again.

pauldrulez 12-01-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Trust you to lower the tone ... ;)

Anyway, this lockout is starting to really get rather worrying. I always thought that they would sort something out once the season is over but nothing looks close as yet. It would be a complete failure on all parts if it was allowed to happen. The worry is that it has happened in other US sports so can happen again.

I reckon it'll be done by the start of April.

I don't see the Owners letting it happen.

And some of the players can't afford for it to happen.

pauldrulez 12-01-2011 08:56 PM

I despise him as much as any player in the NFL.

But, at least he's honest.

Terrell Suggs everybody.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/phot...PmYeaZ6LDbU%3D

AddiscombeEagle 12-01-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
I can't remember what game it was (probably a Sunday or Monday nighter) but they were severely running out of steam by the end of the game. Gettin old!

It was in Houston, the legs had gone completely.

peagle 12-01-2011 10:14 PM

Loving Suggs :D Genuine hate is great for sport. It's a rivalry and NFL players get that!

However, wtf the Jets are thinking going after Brady this week I have no idea! They must be crazy! I mean, I know I'm biased as I have a crush on him and his flowing locks, but really thats the player that winds you up?? Cromartie is the latest, his reason for being mad at BRady:

"He's doing the pointing at our defensive line and stuff like that".... HES F^CKING CALLING PROTECTIONS YOU KNOB!!!


I hate the Jets so much :(

jazman 12-01-2011 10:58 PM

The Jets aren't so bad. The Crazy Gang of the NFL ... ;)

peagle 12-01-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
The Jets aren't so bad. The Crazy Gang of the NFL ... ;)

I get why people would like them, and if they were just any other team I'd find they're banter and trash talk really amusing. But when they're your rivals and that's aimed at you three times a season... it brews anger. Would you rather be the Pats who quietly go about their business and talk on the pitch, or the Jets who have to try to abuse their opponents and talk trash to intimidate and put them off? No brainer, come on BB's boyssss!

jazman 12-01-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
I get why people would like them, and if they were just any other team I'd find they're banter and trash talk really amusing. But when they're your rivals and that's aimed at you three times a season... it brews anger. Would you rather be the Pats who quietly go about their business and talk on the pitch, or the Jets who have to try to abuse their opponents and talk trash to intimidate and put them off? No brainer, come on BB's boyssss!

The Jets always have something to say. It's banter, all part of the game, probably no different to what goes on during a game on the pitch ... the Pats should know better than to get involved. The Jets are a dream for the press.

pauldrulez 12-01-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
I get why people would like them, and if they were just any other team I'd find they're banter and trash talk really amusing. But when they're your rivals and that's aimed at you three times a season... it brews anger. Would you rather be the Pats who quietly go about their business and talk on the pitch, or the Jets who have to try to abuse their opponents and talk trash to intimidate and put them off? No brainer, come on BB's boyssss!

The Pats talk on the pitch.

Bill keeps them quiet during the week, let's them off the leash gameday.

I'm fine with that

pauldrulez 12-01-2011 11:06 PM

I'd add that I think this is deliberate by the Jets.

Take the pressure off Sanchez and make yourselves the target.

That's what Rodney Harrison used to do to protect Tom when he was younger.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 12-01-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddiscombeEagle
It was in Houston, the legs had gone completely.

Yep, that was the one. The game couldn't end quick enough for them.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 12-01-2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
I get why people would like them, and if they were just any other team I'd find they're banter and trash talk really amusing. But when they're your rivals and that's aimed at you three times a season... it brews anger. Would you rather be the Pats who quietly go about their business and talk on the pitch, or the Jets who have to try to abuse their opponents and talk trash to intimidate and put them off? No brainer, come on BB's boyssss!

I would rather be of the opinion that both teams are chock full of wankers! :p

pauldrulez 12-01-2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Yep, that was the one. The game couldn't end quick enough for them.

Am I right in saying that they won that game as well?

Vince Hilaire's Afro 12-01-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Am I right in saying that they won that game as well?

I think so, but if I recall correctly, they were way ahead, and Houston were catching them big time. If the game had gone for an extra 5 minutes, they'd have lost by 20 or 30 pts ;)

AddiscombeEagle 12-01-2011 11:23 PM

We lost a massive lead, legs were gone but luckily josh Wilson got a pick of their first offensive play in overtime, reckon we would have lost it, if they had stayed on the field much longer without turning it over

Suggs t shirt is fantastic. I want one.

Latvian Eagle 12-01-2011 11:40 PM

I can't believe in 2003 the Oakland Raiders tried to take the Panthers to Court about not allowing us to wear black and silver in California because it's their colours...

Stupid pricks! :D

jazman 12-01-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
I would rather be of the opinion that both teams are chock full of wankers! :p


Hahahaha :o

ardeo 13-01-2011 08:07 AM

I don't like Pats or Jets, but think i'll be siding with Pats for this game. Hoping for Ravens to beat the Steelers too as my pre-season superbowl pick.

Falcons Packers is game of the weekend for me!

Vince Hilaire's Afro 13-01-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
I can't believe in 2003 the Oakland Raiders tried to take the Panthers to Court about not allowing us to wear black and silver in California because it's their colours...

Stupid pricks! :D

I think they tried to do the same with Tampa and their lame pirate logo too.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.