CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Latvian Eagle 13-01-2011 12:38 PM

Yes they did... Pathetic bunch those Raiders... Apparently they infringe their copyright and team image...

jazman 13-01-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
Yes they did... Pathetic bunch those Raiders... Apparently they infringe their copyright and team image...

But other teams in other sports started to follow suit with the colours, not least the LA Kings ...

Funk Butter 13-01-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
I can't believe in 2003 the Oakland Raiders tried to take the Panthers to Court about not allowing us to wear black and silver in California because it's their colours...

Stupid pricks! :D

Al Davis like nothing more when he wakes up in the morning than filing a lawsuit.

pauldrulez 13-01-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
Al Davis like nothing more when he wakes up in the morning than filing a lawsuit.

Like in 2009 when he accused the Patriots of tampering with Randy Moss (oo er, missus)

The league asked him to clarify his comments and promptly fined them for slander.

peagle 13-01-2011 08:51 PM

Browns just hired Shurmur (Ram's Offensive coordinator) as head coach.

pauldrulez 13-01-2011 08:52 PM

McDaniels to St Louis?

He and Spafs would be a great dream team along with Bradford

peagle 13-01-2011 08:57 PM

I was thinking about what effect this would have on Bradford but I'm reckoning probably very little. It's not like they'd been successful and he'd only been with him for a year. Maybe means he loses something very slightly this year but I'm not sure as an overall offence they would have been looking to build directly on last year too much. He has bigger problems personnel wise than his coordinator.

saxoneagle 13-01-2011 09:56 PM

John Fox coach at Denver, as tweeted by John Elway!

Vince Hilaire's Afro 13-01-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
John Fox coach at Denver, as tweeted by John Elway!

He simply couldn't turn down another team without a QB.

jazman 13-01-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter

More than actually waking up? ;)

AddiscombeEagle 14-01-2011 08:48 AM

Come on Saturday, ravens time.

Neil 14-01-2011 09:46 AM

Baltimore/Pittsburgh has the potential to be the most boring game to grace the history of modern sport.

Having said that now, it'll probably be a blinder.

pauldrulez 14-01-2011 12:28 PM

I hope they beat the holy shit out of each other.

Broken bones, suspensions, injuries, the lot.

And after the recent Jets outbursts, I see no way that with 2 weeks rest and planning, that the Patriots lose Sunday.

Unlike most games this year, I am not emotionally prepared to lose this game. (This is what Pats Fans have been saying all week on the radio and now I agree)

Sanchez in Foxboro. 1 TD, 7 INTs.

Need Vince, Mayo and Spikes to step up and cut out the run. Double Holmes with Arrington/Safety. McCourty 1 on 1 downfield with Edwards. Whack Keller off the line with Cunningham and Ninko.

Simples. (squeak)

Neil 14-01-2011 12:45 PM

I tend to agree with you Paul, but they could be a little rusty/over-confident.

Swanny32 14-01-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
Baltimore/Pittsburgh has the potential to be the most boring game to grace the history of modern sport.

Depends what you find boring about games, for me I love seeing a defensive battle which is exactly what this is going to be.

Pissed off the Falcons and Packers game is on late, I want to watch it live but I really can't be arsed to stay up and watch it. I'll sky+ it but I know what I'm like, I'll check the score when I wake up on Sunday morning and probably not bother watching it.

Swanny32 14-01-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil

By the way, I'm liking the new motivation for NFL and posting on here, always nice to have other people join in with the banter. :lux:

Swanny32 14-01-2011 12:51 PM

Not sure if anyone is interested on here but Stigma has set up a new Betting Masters champions league, great fun as you actually compete against individuals to see who has the best luck and can pick a winner. Well worth giving it a bash if you haven't done so before.

jazman 14-01-2011 01:31 PM

I kind of disagree with Paul, the Pats winning is not a foregone conclusion. The bye week for teams can have quite the opposite effect when compared with a team winning a wild card game going into the next fired up and in form off the back of a win ...

Looking forward to all the games this weekend ... I'm plumping for Pats, Ravens, Bears and Packers.

Latvian Eagle 14-01-2011 01:36 PM

Having gradually dragged us down over the last two years I'm really susprised the Broncos have taken on John Fox! :D

Swanny32 14-01-2011 01:40 PM

I don't think the Pats winning is a forgone conclusion and an upset could well be on the cards in this game but let's face it, the Jets aren't as good as Rex Ryan makes them out to be, end of. If the Pats don't win then I'll be very surprised.