CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 15-01-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Palace On Tour Day.

A random away game to celebrate being a Palace fan. Balloons, streamers, displays etc.

Look out for tasty_snacks to post a new thread about it.

I've been in touch with Steve Browett and there should be something up on the CPFC site very soon and in the home programmes for the next few games.

There's also the Twitter that i'm using to update and answer questions as well as the Facebook event group.

Great work Paul. Hope it all goes to plan, should be w aonderful atmosphere. Shame I couldn't plan ahead for this one. Enjoy.

pauldrulez 15-01-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Great work Paul. Hope it all goes to plan, should be w aonderful atmosphere. Shame I couldn't plan ahead for this one. Enjoy.

Next year then :p

Hopefully a yearly occurrence now.

peagle 15-01-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
#1: I'm sure his team-mate Damien Woody really appreciates that comment

#2: Welker was there for one game before it the most overrated incident of all time occurred.

Haha yeah but thats just copying Welker's style now anyway :D I think Mangold should be taking his time worrying about how he's gonna play Wilfork rather than talking trash tbh. Loving the Cromartie song too! :afro: Hype surrounding this game is gonna make it fierce.

pauldrulez 15-01-2011 04:54 PM

And Bart Scott has gone over the top with his comments. It's led to NFL VP Ray Anderson getting involved.

"Be very careful what you say about our coach. His [Welker's] days in a uniform will be numbered. Put it like that."

Threatening his health because he made some foot joke references.

Stay Classy New York.

Funk Butter 15-01-2011 07:37 PM

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playe...=QB&season=reg

Proof that Matt Ryan is the most valuable quarterback in the NFL.

Quote:

Win Probability Added (WPA) – The difference between a team’s Win Probability (WP) at the start of a play and the WP at the end of the play. WPA is the measure of a play’s impact on the outcome of a game. An individual player’s WPA is the sum of the WPA of the plays in which that player was directly involved. Being directly involved is defined as an offensive player who ran, threw, or kicked the ball, was targeted by a pass, or flagged for a penalty. Defensive players are credited for WPA when they tackle or sack the ball carrier, are credited with an assisted tackle or sack, cause a fumble, defend a pass, or are flagged for a penalty.

pauldrulez 15-01-2011 09:31 PM

Looking forward to tonights games.

2 great, close matchups.

It's also nice to put away the NFC Beast theory.

Playoff teams = 2 x AFC East, 2 x AFC North, 2 x NFC North, 1 x NFC South, 1 x NFC West

saxoneagle 15-01-2011 10:15 PM

I don't think the West team can be counted :p

ardeo 15-01-2011 10:32 PM

Beast hasn't been active for a couple of season, was so called because of 4 good teams, and skins have been terrible last two years. Not even a wildcard team this year either.

Come on the Ravens

pauldrulez 15-01-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
I don't think the West team can be counted :p

They beat Who Dat nation, so they count :p

pauldrulez 15-01-2011 10:36 PM

As a Pats fan, I root for the Steelers because should we beat the Jets, Brady has the best of the Dick Le Beau defense over the years.

As an NFL fan, I root for the Ravens. One because I hate Nick Halling. Two because I don't like Big Ben

pauldrulez 15-01-2011 11:02 PM

That serves Ryan Clark right.

He does dangerous hits week after week, this week he's managed to hurt his teammate.

And the commentator was right, Ray Lewis has lost a step this year and is mainly getting by on reputation as a top LB.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 15-01-2011 11:24 PM

Hilarious TD by Ravens.

pauldrulez 15-01-2011 11:43 PM

Tomlin is about ready to explode.

oz_da II 15-01-2011 11:52 PM

7 taking a pounding. :p

oz_da II 15-01-2011 11:55 PM

What changed in a week?

Quote:

Jan 10, 2011
Sean McDermott may not be safe from public scrutiny, but his job is secure heading into the offseason.

Asked flatly if McDermott would return as defensive coordinator for the Eagles, And Reid replied:

Yeah.

Youre dealing with a guy who is a tremendous worker and a very smart individual, said Reid. I look at it a little different than what [the public does] in that, Ive seen him work with young guys, and Ive seen him work through injuries, Ive seen him stay positive through those situations and still put us in a position to win football games. And knowing that he is going to do nothing but improve as a coach just like all of us with experience. And so I have a lot of respect for him and the way he does business.
Quote:

Jan 16th, 2011
Less than a week after Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid said that defensive coordinator Sean McDermott would return in 2011, the Eagles have fired McDermott, according to sources.

jazman 16-01-2011 12:10 AM

Not long been in and enjoying the latter part of the half ... hope the Steelers can make a game of it now otherwise the ravens will be out of sight ...

pauldrulez 16-01-2011 12:17 AM

Ravens look like they're putting it all together at the right time.

I still don't think Flacco is great, but he's effective with this running game and defense

jazman 16-01-2011 12:25 AM

I think he is the right fit for the Ravens ... he's a far better QB that a lot of people give him credit for. I like him.

pauldrulez 16-01-2011 12:32 AM

Here they come

Vince Hilaire's Afro 16-01-2011 12:34 AM

Anyone's game in the 4th - Ravens keep blowing leads.