CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

oz_da II 07-02-2011 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnInTheUSA
What's going on with Terry Bradshaw's hair?

It hasn't changed much since he was a player. :eek:

t_appletart 07-02-2011 04:21 AM

Humph.

CT_Palace 07-02-2011 04:21 AM

Relieved not to see that prime example of an athlete and fine upstanding member of the community Big Ben collecting that trophy!

Chester 07-02-2011 04:21 AM

Quote:

What's going on with Terry Bradshaw's hair?

You haven't heard about his and Hulk Hogans comeback?

RUSSELL 07-02-2011 04:24 AM

Why are the winners World champions?

JohnInTheUSA 07-02-2011 04:25 AM

Someone just said it looks like he has Abe Lincoln's beard on the back of his head....

Sorry, I'm a little drunk after a Super Bowl party with my Steeler mate here in in Pa. Am finding this all a little ridiculous

Hedgehog 07-02-2011 04:30 AM

I went into this game thinking I was completely neutral, but it appears from my reactions I must have wanted the Steelers to win this.

The truth comes out when you get down to it I guess.

GodstoneEagle 07-02-2011 04:34 AM

Rodgers will be back and will win this again. Gun. EO.

SteveyHawking 07-02-2011 04:54 AM

Well that was a fine game to watch & a great way to end the season. Well done the Packers & it's nice to see back to back NFC wins! My sleep patterns should now return to relative normality until September (hopefully).

greybot 07-02-2011 05:11 AM

Only really watch the final (unless the jaguars make the knockout stages, which is like never) and it was awesome. Reminds me why I used to love NFL in my teens. :p

Funk Butter 07-02-2011 05:48 AM

Quote:

Holy Shit! Have you seen how big Troy Aikman's hands are? Like one of those foam hands...

Almost as big as Uma Thurman's.

AddiscombeEagle 07-02-2011 08:52 AM

Tired!!!!!!!

Neil 07-02-2011 09:05 AM

Could only watch up until the end of the first quarter as I needed to be in work early today, but sounds like it was a great game. Will tune into the highlights tonight. Congrats to Green Bay - I bet Mrs JM is pleased this morning Jay!

pauldrulez 07-02-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
My Superbowl pick: Ravens (even though I think Flacco is being overhyped again) and the Packers.

:)

Other than the Ravens not getting there, 2 from 3 is right.

I'm alone in liking the halftime show obviously, but I like the BEP, so that's obvious.

Rodgers is elite.

Roethlisberger drops in the alltime ratings with losing a Superbowl and joins Manning in blowing the final drive.

I called it before the game on Twitter. Tramon Williams is a monster CB.

Stellavista 07-02-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
:)

I'm alone in liking the halftime show obviously, but I like the BEP, so that's obvious.

I don't dislike the BEP, but that was truly sh*t. You need a big rock n' roll show for the Superbowl, and this was very poor karaoke.....

oz_da II 07-02-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista
I don't dislike the BEP, but that was truly sh*t. You need a big rock n' roll show for the Superbowl, and this was very poor karaoke.....

Wasn't one of the songs from the movie Dirty Dancing? :eek:

jazman 07-02-2011 01:22 PM

Pleased that the Cheese Heads won in the end. Pretty good game for a Super Bowl as well. The game pretty much went the same way as the Packers season, hit by injuries but just kept on going ...

And please, next year if there is a season, get someone who can actually sing to do the anthem and a rock band for half time.

jazman 07-02-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
Could only watch up until the end of the first quarter as I needed to be in work early today, but sounds like it was a great game. Will tune into the highlights tonight. Congrats to Green Bay - I bet Mrs JM is pleased this morning Jay!

Yes, she got up to watch the second half this morning which is when she crashed out ... I did at that stage too but I seemd to just wake up again just as the 2nd half kicked off. My body clock seems finely tuned ... ;)

pauldrulez 07-02-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Wasn't one of the songs from the movie Dirty Dancing? :eek:

Yeah, they changed it and got it to Number 1 around the world

pauldrulez 07-02-2011 01:28 PM

Rock Bands? Great. That'll keep everyone awake and it's original... anyone got some suggestions?

Note: I was asleep by the 2 minute Warning and woke up as Rodgers made it 28-17. Before drifting off again.

Could there be a worse time to be ill?