CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 10-10-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
This thread is getting ******* ******** and my interest is certainly waning.

Oh get over it you big girls blouse .... ;) And while I'm at it, I'll raise you the Toolio insult as well ... :o

jazman 10-10-2011 10:52 PM

And biggest suprise for me yesterday and raised eyebrows was the Niners running up the score over the Bucs. But there was alot to be joyous about in the NFL yesterday, it's a very refreshing season when you see the likes of the Raiders get their win for the late Al Davis, the Panthers running the Saints close, the Seahawks beating the G-Men, KFC beating the Colts in their back yard. This is a season where we could see a (if not two) suprise teams making the SB.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 10-10-2011 11:04 PM

The Panthers are running everyone close, jazman, but ******* it up every time! In more and more inventive ways, too. This week it was a blocked extra point after a TD (2nd week running), and calling a timeout when NO were about to run out of time to take their field goal (which they duly then went on and despatched). We're ******* mental, mental I say!

jazman 10-10-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
The Panthers are running everyone close, jazman, but ******* it up every time! In more and more inventive ways, too. This week it was a blocked extra point after a TD (2nd week running), and calling a timeout when NO were about to run out of time to take their field goal (which they duly then went on and despatched). We're ******* mental, mental I say!

Yes, but at least you are getting in to that position. You weren't even close last season. Progress with a very promising young QB.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 10-10-2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Yes, but at least you are getting in to that position. You weren't even close last season. Progress with a very promising young QB.

Yes, people are a lot more excited this season, but the frustrations are starting to come out a bit at silly mistakes costing games.

pauldrulez 10-10-2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman

This.

Look at it on the plus side, VHA. You're very close this year to the top 2 teams in the division but losing games.

It just means you'll be able to add one more impact player (likely on D) in the 1st round next year and have a decent pick in the 2nd too. (I'm presuming you haven't traded either)

How's Darius Butler doing for you guys?

SteveyHawking 10-10-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Better than getting trounced each week like last year! Newton is looking the real deal, Smith has returned with a vengeance and now Williams is finally bringing something in the run game. LaFell and Olsen also add to a pretty potent offense too. Sort out the D in the draft and free agency and a .500 plus season beckons next year. :)

Funk Butter 11-10-2011 03:15 AM

This might be the ugliest 1st quarter in NFL history.

Funk Butter 11-10-2011 03:23 AM

Congrats, Lovie. That is one stupid replay challenge you went for there.

saxoneagle 11-10-2011 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
This might be the ugliest 1st quarter in NFL history.

Not pretty, is it?!!!

saxoneagle 11-10-2011 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Biggest Surprise (good, team) - Away from the Bills, I go for the San Francisco 49ers. Alex Smith with a 104 QB rating. The Niners D as good as any in the league. And Frank Gore running with a purpose. Harbaugh has had as much of an impact in his 1st year as NFL Head Coach as his brother did in 2008. Redskins are #2 in that.

Biggest Surprise (good, player) - Cam Newton. The real deal.

Biggest Surprise (bad, team) - Eagles. I bought into the hype. I always had questions about Vick, but I thought Shady McCoy and the majority of the defense would be heading to the Pro Bowl.

Biggest Surprise (bad, player) - Tough one. I'm going to go away from the obvious and say Matt Ryan. He's got all the weapons in the world. He should be carrying the team on his shoulders, but 1 play stood out for me last night. 3rd down, he scrambles and slides 1 yard short of the 1st down with the game falling away from the Pack. Grow a pair Matt, dive for the 1st, take the hit. Keep the drive alive. Chris Johnson is my #2 here. Josh Freeman at #3.

Quarter-point MVP: Rodgers.
Offensive Player: Megatron
Defensive Player: Jared Allen (NFC North doing well here)

Rookie of the Year: Newton.

I agree with all of that, pretty much everything. FFS :D

I don't think you can include the Colts in the biggest surprise argument on the bad side as they are nothing without Peyton, something we've known for years.

saxoneagle 11-10-2011 04:14 AM

Quote:

Yes, people are a lot more excited this season, but the frustrations are starting to come out a bit at silly mistakes costing games.

I'm liking the Panthers... next year. A lot.

A massive learning curve for Newton is well on the way and a poor season (record wise) is not a bad thing as it allows more building around Newton. You won't be number 1 pick but you'll be top 5, I imagine.

saxoneagle 11-10-2011 04:16 AM

Some things I've read recently reckon that Carolina or Rams can get THREE first rounders for the #1 pick should they get it and not want it.

Say Rams pick 1 and Colts pick 2... would the Colts give up that number 2 pick plus two more years first rounders to get Luck? IMO, no chance, I just can't see it. However, someone will give up a lot and there are plenty of QB needy teams right now.

If the #1 pick falls to Rams or Panthers, I see the Vikings being the most needy and willing to give up the most.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 11-10-2011 04:38 AM

Quote:

This.

Look at it on the plus side, VHA. You're very close this year to the top 2 teams in the division but losing games.

It just means you'll be able to add one more impact player (likely on D) in the 1st round next year and have a decent pick in the 2nd too. (I'm presuming you haven't traded either)

How's Darius Butler doing for you guys?

Not seen much of Butler tbh... But I tend to close my eyes most of the time when our defense is on the field ;)

saxoneagle 11-10-2011 05:15 AM

:lux: I'm actually going to win a Fantasy matchup!

1-4 baby, 1-4

And no longer ranked 16th ;)

pauldrulez 11-10-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

:D

My NFL bets aren't looking too shabby so far.

Doubles and Trebles on the first TD Scorer for their team.

Had AJ Green and Fred Jackson who are winners. Also had Arian Foster.

I've got Megatron and Vincent Jackson in the late games :D

Expecting a touchdown from the Riddler at any point in the game as well

Other than the Riddler.

Green, Jackson, Megatron. 70 profit.

LLCOOLSTEVE 11-10-2011 09:13 AM

I said the Panthers would be ok this year and that they had a good O line :)

LLCOOLSTEVE 11-10-2011 09:15 AM

And im not sure you can say Freeman has been a dissapointment Paul, yes this weekend he was poor but the were 3-1 before that! 17-0 down at HT against Vikings and he leads to to a 24-20 win with a great 2nd half performance!

jazman 11-10-2011 09:41 AM

Interesting match up last night in my fantasy game against Ardeo;

Hester, Best & Van den Bosch v Johnson & Pettigrew.

I should be safe with those three players and just under a 20 point head start.

LLCOOLSTEVE 11-10-2011 09:44 AM

Do you know the score??

Best, Pettigrew and Megatron all scored TD's