CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

ardeo 13-09-2013 09:23 PM

Although I agree with paul to a certain extent, that it is tough to have so many key receiving options missing, Gronk has been injured forever, Amendola has an injury prone history, leaving Edelman and a load of rookies. Just seems strange that you hadn't got an ok WR from a couple of drafts ago ready to step in so at least they have some kind of chemistry with Brady. It may pay off at the end of the season, but currently Thompkins and Dobson look out of their depth, and i'm not sure Brady will have the patience to keep throwing them the ball, especially if Pats start losing games.

Strathclyde Eagle 13-09-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi (Post 11285281)
At least we remain united in our ability to laugh at the Jets. 53 new clowns, same old circus. I mean, Clyde Gates. BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

:D

Oh, hang on, I've just remembered which team wasted a 4th round pick on him. :sob:

BTW, while I dislike having a namesake on the Patriots who will inevitably score against the Fins, the guy made some amazing catches while he was at Marshall. I think he'll come good, just hopefully not against the Fins.


pauldrulez 13-09-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo (Post 11285385)
Although I agree with paul to a certain extent, that it is tough to have so many key receiving options missing, Gronk has been injured forever, Amendola has an injury prone history, leaving Edelman and a load of rookies. Just seems strange that you hadn't got an ok WR from a couple of drafts ago ready to step in so at least they have some kind of chemistry with Brady. It may pay off at the end of the season, but currently Thompkins and Dobson look out of their depth, and i'm not sure Brady will have the patience to keep throwing them the ball, especially if Pats start losing games.

Brady got a team with Reche Caldwell as the leading receiver to the AFC CG.

Dobson and Edelman are much better options than he is!

People forget that Gronk and Hernandez was the offense. Because one is a ****, we're ****ed. I'd wager that we'd have kept Welker and got Amendola if the Hernandez issues had occurred now.

ardeo 14-09-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 11285444)
Brady got a team with Reche Caldwell as the leading receiver to the AFC CG.

Dobson and Edelman are much better options than he is!

People forget that Gronk and Hernandez was the offense. Because one is a ****, we're ****ed. I'd wager that we'd have kept Welker and got Amendola if the Hernandez issues had occurred now.

Dare I say Brady isn't quite the player he once was? Still a great qb but not as flawless as before.

Also when did the pats last draft a decent wr? Seems to have been a long line of failed drafted wrs.

Fair enough that pats made TEs so important, but seemed to forget you still need WRs.

Swanny32 15-09-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo (Post 11285880)
Dare I say Brady isn't quite the player he once was? Still a great qb but not as flawless as before.

Also when did the pats last draft a decent wr? Seems to have been a long line of failed drafted wrs.

Fair enough that pats made TEs so important, but seemed to forget you still need WRs.

And running backs.

pauldrulez 15-09-2013 09:16 AM

It's not the talent, it's a very difficult system to pick up.

For me, if the problem is that they are dropping the ball, then at least they are getting open to drop it.

I'll take that over someone not getting open, because once they stop thinking about where they're supposed to be, and remember how to catch, they will be just fine.

And Ridley and Vereen are more than decent as Running Backs

pauldrulez 15-09-2013 09:19 AM

And when you play pretty much the same 5 or 6 players, you don't really need to have great WR's.

Last year, Welker's was 3rd or 4th option to open the season.

Gronk, Hernandez, Lloyd, Edelman, Welker, Ridley.

This year, it will be: Gronk, Amendola, Vereen, Edelman, Ridley. And then you have the rookies

AddiscombeEagle 15-09-2013 09:48 AM

No Pats fan but a win is a win. Winning is all that matters, breeds confidence and momentum. Getting to the play offs playing the best football doesn't mean anything, getting there is what matters.

Being 2 - 0 and having not played well is a good start. Form will come and wins are on the board.

Funk Butter 15-09-2013 07:19 PM

Of course Eddie Lacy limps off the field. Here's where my fantasy teams start the downward spiral.

Funk Butter 15-09-2013 07:28 PM

Michael Vick once again showing his wonderful passing touch. [/sarcasm]

LLCOOLSTEVE 15-09-2013 07:32 PM

has red zone stopped working for anyone else via sky red button??

SteveyHawking 15-09-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE (Post 11289492)
has red zone stopped working for anyone else via sky red button??

It did a little while ago but it's working again now.

Funk Butter 15-09-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 11289478)
Of course Eddie Lacy limps off the field. Here's where my fantasy teams start the downward spiral.

Just saw the play where Lacy was knocked out. Not only should Brandon Meriweather expect a fine, but he ended up knocking himself out when he tried to do the same to James Starks.

CT_Palace 15-09-2013 08:08 PM

How bad is the Washington defense??

pauldrulez 15-09-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 11289563)
How bad is the Washington defense??

They start Brandon Meriweather.

Terrible defense, and an awful player.

LLCOOLSTEVE 15-09-2013 08:40 PM

That looked painful for Floyd

SteveyHawking 15-09-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE (Post 11289639)
That looked painful for Floyd

Hopefully it's not as serious as it looked. :(

Funk Butter 15-09-2013 10:05 PM

My bet is Rivers screws this up.

SteveyHawking 15-09-2013 10:11 PM

Good to see Chip Kelly is as bad with timeouts and challenges as Andy Reid was.

Funk Butter 15-09-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking (Post 11289805)
Good to see Chip Kelly is as bad with timeouts and challenges as Andy Reid was.

Actually, whoever the coach for the Chargers is did his best to screw up the end. Kelly needed to use those timeouts to stop the Chargers from using all the clock. Titans coach will end up not using any of his 3 TOs and the Texans will kick the game winning FG with no time left.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.