CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

elliott 05-11-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Based on this year, he'd be ay above Manning Sr.

Manning snr is pretty old now.

And had almost no weapons at his disposal at the Aints.

Just a thought.

pauldrulez 05-11-2008 05:25 PM

I have to say Bens rating are better than mine (obviously).

But I have 3 changes.
Orlovsky is better than Brad Johnson now although if you use the 25% historical then you have a point.

I would swap Cassel and Rosenfels around.

And has Ryan been two levels higher than Flacco?

saxoneagle 05-11-2008 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez

And has Ryan been two levels higher than Flacco?

Yes.

pauldrulez 05-11-2008 05:50 PM

Fair enough, I would have said one level ahead, but he has had that game-winning drive. Well, throw ;)

Actually, looking at the stats, Flacco has been worse than I thought. I thought he was 7-7 TD-INT but he is 5-7 whereas Ryan is 9-7

Flacco does have a 43yd reception :D It almost killed him though

Latvian Eagle 05-11-2008 06:46 PM

Not surprising... Flacco is huge! :D

nookiebear 05-11-2008 06:48 PM

Is Culpepper in the list?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Benzhiyi 05-11-2008 09:03 PM

Yes, if you read it. ;)

pauldrulez 05-11-2008 10:35 PM

After our earlier posts and me slagging off Russell and Saxon saying its an early bust, I thought you might want to see this frim NFL Live Chat:

Quote:

Robert Sherwin, England 03:39 PM ET
Hiya Brian I'm a Raiders fan i am worried about our team do you think they can win anymore games? And do you think they can perhaps in 2010 and beyond get back to their winning ways?
Quote:

Brian Baldinger, NFL.com
The quarterback can't play. He's a bust. Darren McFadden is a bust. He won't stay healthy in this league. He's had only one good game. They have drafted poorly. They are easily scouted. The defense plays schemes that don't make sense. They play the ends out wide, and play the safeties too deep. Al Davis always believes that you have a deep safety, but Atlanta exploited that with Michael Turner. And to just see how bad Russell is, you have to look at what Matt Ryan did in that game. Russell just doesn't know what he is doing.
And you said I wrote players off too early :D

jazman 05-11-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Can't find any info on the Cowboys looking at another QB, only a reference to possibly getting Simms last pre-season. :( Any other ideas?

I've been looking and listening as well, but not a lot other than the Simms story I mentioned earlier.

Swanny32 06-11-2008 02:00 AM

Awwww Ben, McNabb and Eli are so low in your estimations, why? How can you have them both lower than Roethlisberger, he has been next to useless in the games i have seen him in.

I know i'm an Eagles fan so i'm going to be biased to an extent but i'd have McNabb higher up that list and definitely ahead of Ben "I've got a name that doesn't fit on my shirt" Roethlisberger.

Swanny32 06-11-2008 02:01 AM

Oh and Romo, stick in way down, do you give out Z grades?:D

jj62255 06-11-2008 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Awwww Ben, McNabb and Eli are so low in your estimations, why? How can you have them both lower than Roethlisberger, he has been next to useless in the games i have seen him in.

I know i'm an Eagles fan so i'm going to be biased to an extent but i'd have McNabb higher up that list and definitely ahead of Ben "I've got a name that doesn't fit on my shirt" Roethlisberger.

He's been playing with 3 or 4 different injuries lately, it's the offensive line thats been letting him down pretty bad, but very nice to see a decent backup in Leftwich coming on to save the day, much better than Batch. Oh and a defense out of this world :lux:

saxoneagle 06-11-2008 02:43 AM

Yep, bit harsh on Big Ben who can't do much when the OL keeps collapsing. If anything, they tried harder to protect Leftwich in the second half than they did for Ben in the first...

saxoneagle 06-11-2008 02:48 AM

Current poll on NFL.com:

Who is the best wide receiver in the AFC East?

58% Randy Moss, Patriots

23% Lee Evans, BIlls

9% Ted Ginn, Jr, Dolphins

10% Jerricho Cotchery, Jets

Moss is by far the vest receiver and Welker is much better, IMO, than any of the others in the division, too.

jazman 06-11-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Oh and Romo, stick in way down, do you give out Z grades?:D

Yeah yeah ... ;)

jazman 06-11-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Moss is by far the vest receiver and Welker is much better, IMO, than any of the others in the division, too.

I thought they wore jerseys not vests ... ;)

saxoneagle 06-11-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
I thought they wore jerseys not vests ... ;)

It was late and didn't have my PA handy to do my typing for me.

jazman 06-11-2008 01:16 PM

Quote:

It was late and didn't have my PA handy to do my typing for me.

Don't tell me Paul went to bed early? :eek:

saxoneagle 06-11-2008 01:28 PM

My PA is fully literate :p

Strathclyde Eagle 06-11-2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Current poll on NFL.com:

Who is the best wide receiver in the AFC East?

58% Randy Moss, Patriots

23% Lee Evans, BIlls

9% Ted Ginn, Jr, Dolphins

10% Jerricho Cotchery, Jets

I'm not sure Ginn is even the best WR on the team. Camarillo's been pretty clutch lately (not that I think either of them starts ahead of Moss and Welker).

While maybe only Evans breaks into the Pats WR corps I'd also suggest that no NE RB gets into any other AFC East team's backfield (maybe Faulk on 3rd downs & 2 minute drills, but that's it).