CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 29-12-2008 09:42 PM

Scrap that.

Not Dorsey, Ryan Clady, Gosder Cherilius and Sam Baker.

I looked it up to see if I had one too many but discovered one other > Duane Brown

So you were correct saxon :)

31 – New England Patriots Selection forfeited [7]

:D

Yes, we thought it was unfair having two first rounders so we gave it up...

saxoneagle 29-12-2008 09:43 PM

Clady is awesome.

pauldrulez 29-12-2008 09:45 PM

Also,

if Favre had any balls, he would say bye to the ProBowl without pulling out through injury.

Come on Brett, at least (this time) retire with dignity.

pauldrulez 29-12-2008 09:47 PM

From what I have seen of Ryan Clady, he does look pretty good tbh.

Glad we didn't get Branden Albert however. Didn't see much of the Chiefs admittedly and they dont have the greatest team but our OL held up well.

Cassel did take the most sacks in the league. And took some big shots as well.

Benzhiyi 29-12-2008 10:55 PM

Lovely:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=34290

And quote of the day, from Channing Crowder:

"Chad beat the hell out of the Jets, who let him go to bring in somebody else," said the Dolphins linebacker. "They got rid of him because they thought somebody else was better and now he came back and beat the hell out of him and them at home to win the division championship.

"I love it. I love the Jets' decision to get rid of him. We had all the talent in the world and needed a guy who is a rock, not an off-the-wall, crazy-spinning, underhanded-toss guy."

pauldrulez 29-12-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Parcells could be one-and-done in Miami due to sale of Dolphins
Associated Press

DAVIE, Fla. -- The possibility Bill Parcells might leave the Miami Dolphins after only one season surfaced just as the team he rebuilt earned a playoff berth for the first time since 2001.

Parcells' contract allows him to leave after one season and still receive the $12 million remaining on his four-year deal if the team is sold, owner Wayne Huizenga confirmed.

The sale of a majority share to New York real estate billionaire Stephen Ross is expected to be completed shortly after the season. Parcells would then have 30 days to leave without sacrificing the money due him in the final three years of his contract.

Surprising Miami plays host to Baltimore in a first-round playoff game Sunday. The Dolphins are 11-5, a dramatic turnaround from last year's 1-15 record.

Huizenga and Ross said they hope Parcells will stay. Coach Tony Sparano smiled but declined to comment Monday when asked whether he has any leverage with Parcells that might keep his boss from departing.

The Dolphins' revival began a year ago when Huizenga hired Parcells as executive vice president of football operations. Parcells managed similar turnarounds as a coach, taking over losing teams with the Giants, Patriots, Jets and Cowboys and transforming them into winners.

Parcells has a history of being on the move, and he has held three jobs in the past two years. He quit coaching after the 2006 season with Dallas and was a TV network analyst in 2007. He spent four years with the Cowboys, three with the Jets and four with the Patriots.

Ross bought 50 percent of the Dolphins last winter and is expected to soon exercise an option to purchase up to 95 percent.
Cleveland. Book it if he leaves.

pauldrulez 29-12-2008 11:06 PM

Ben, I like post 24 on that thread the best. The reply to "Go get em Vernon"

:D

Benzhiyi 30-12-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Cleveland. Book it if he leaves.

Or a return to New Jersey...

pauldrulez 30-12-2008 12:32 AM

Possibly, but Cleveland already has the foundations for a re-build. It depends on what Parcells wants as a re-build.

Cleveland with some good players.

Jets with in all likeliness, no Quarterback.

Strathclyde Eagle 30-12-2008 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
My guesses from the limited knowledge of College Football that Strathers knows about although his help has been good on that thread.

I'm hardly knowledgeable about college football. Just too many teams, games and players to know that much about it IMHO. Plus some players who you never would have thought would be busts (e.g. Reggie Bush). Personally I find it pretty difficult to see who will transition well to the next level.
Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
I know someone will disagree but based on that, Oakland would take Crabtree and I like the look of a Russell, Crabtree, McFadden lineup.

I was using that more for draft order than anything else. A lot of time and hurdles to negotiate before any picks are made in anger.

jlmatthews 30-12-2008 01:13 AM

Is Bush a bust though? We all knew he was never going to be an every down, run it up the middle back, but he is utilized well in NO and was having a whale of a season before he got hurt. I'm not ready to class him as a bust yet. But just barely not yet. When he's healthy, he's a game changer.

Strathclyde Eagle 30-12-2008 12:14 PM

Fair point, bit harsh to call him a bust. Certainly wasn't quite what I expected though.

jazman 30-12-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
I agree. I think the trouble is how you define a "weak" division giving how cyclical the NFL can be with teams. Look at the NFC South, this is the first year since expansion that the bottom team from the prior year didn't win the division, and even this year Atlanta were only one game out of doing so.

The AFC and NFC Wests are weak, but then last year, the AFC East was weak. The Packers made the play-offs last year, nearly went all the way, struggled to 6 wins this time around. Similarly, the Browns only missed the play-offs last year on tie-breakers and went 4-12 this year. Conversely, the Jets, Phins, Ravens and Falcons all turned around from last year.

It is all so open, who knows what will happen in each year?

Not that I can find it right now, but didn't I tip the Falcons to have a good season with Ryan (although I'd tipped a "good" season as about 7-9!)

Agree completely. I'm not sure how this season compares with others but I have thoroughly enjoyed it and it's mainly thanks to you guys on here. The banter and the fact that I have learnt a lot since I came to this thread has been a great addition to the action ... :p

elliott 30-12-2008 01:23 PM

I believe I tipped the Falcons to get the first draft pick (and go 1-15).

So I was close-ish!

saxoneagle 30-12-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
I believe I tipped the Falcons to get the first draft pick (and go 1-15).

So I was close-ish!

Indeed, you at least predicted correctly that they would play 16 regular season games ;)

saxoneagle 30-12-2008 02:06 PM

Cowher is going to Cleveland. He won't if Parcells goes there.

Besides, the new Fins owners are already in discussions with Parcells to stay on for at least one more year with an IMPROVED offer on the $9m pay-off he'd get if he walked now (I believe his deal was $12m over 4 years so he's already had the first $3m).

jazman 30-12-2008 02:07 PM

I guess this is known as the silly season ... I see Jason Garrett is lined up for an interview with the Lions. Note that he had interviews last season but Jones made him highest earning offensive coodinator. Shame we weren't the top offense this season :rolleyes:

saxoneagle 30-12-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Fair point, bit harsh to call him a bust. Certainly wasn't quite what I expected though.

Not sure what you expected then!

Bush did well this season before his injury - he was making good yardage as an every-down back with Deuce out and was picking up good yards on receptions too. He's a great open field runner so as a #2 RB who can join 4/5 receiver sets he's ideal in NO, IMO.