CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 05-01-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
I agree, he does. The build up to the ProBowl on NFL Total Access is all very positive and looks very good for the fans if they can get there and see it. I guess having it in Miami is much more accessable than Hawaii ....

If we get to see Total Access in the UK :grrr:

I want NFL Network in the UK :lux:

pauldrulez 05-01-2009 10:00 PM

Without any laughter at Joey Porter at all, I give you the votes for Defensive Player of the year.

Defensive Player of the Year voting
Player Team Votes
James Harrison Steelers 22
DeMarcus Ware Cowboys 13
Ed Reed Ravens 8
Al Haynesworth Titans 5
Troy Polamalu Steelers 2

saxoneagle 05-01-2009 11:07 PM

DeMarcus Ware? Bullsh*t.

pauldrulez 05-01-2009 11:52 PM

Delighted as I wanted Harrison for MVP.

Coolio = legend btw.

jlmatthews 06-01-2009 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi

You're not seriously suggesting that after one good season Cassel has proved himself the better player?

He may not be better now, but he can certainly be better in the future.
IMHO, Palmer's had a few good years mixed in between shit. I'd be surprised if he had a good season again.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Has anyone else seen the Facebook groups Jason has just joined? :D

:D

:hi:

:lux:

jlmatthews 06-01-2009 03:00 AM

:D :lux:

***2009 LIONS SCHEDULE***


September
14..........Squirrel Rapids Middle School
21..........Cub Scout Troop #101
28..........Detroit Blind Academy


October
05..........Spanish American War Vets
12..........Crippled Children's Home
19..........Eloise Mental Hospital
26..........Girl Scout Troop #353


November
02..........Detroit Venereal Disease Clinic
09..........Troy Boys Choir
16..........Korean Amputees


SPECIAL MONDAY NIGHT GAME


December
08..........Flint Boys Club

***RULE CHANGES FROM LAST YEAR***


1. When playing polio patients, the Lions must not disconnect knee braces.


2. When playing the Blind Academy, the Lions must not hide the football
under their jerseys.


3. A touchtown (this is when the ball is actually carried over the goal line
for all you Lions fans that have never seen this) is still worth 6 points.


4. The Lions will be allowed 20 men on the field at all times.


5. The Lions will be allowed to substitute with band members at any time.


6. The Lions will be awarded 10 time outs as opposed to 3 for the opposing
team.


7. The Lions will be awarded a first down with each gain of three yards or
more, instead of the usual ten yards.



***NAME CHANGE***


The Detroit Lions will be changed to the "Detroit Tampons" as they are only
good for one period and have no second string.



***COACHING CHANGES***


Rod Marinelli will be replaced by Monica Lewinsky. She will no doubt blow
a few, but she certainly won't choke on the big ones.

Latvian Eagle 06-01-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Without any laughter at Joey Porter at all, I give you the votes for Defensive Player of the year.

Defensive Player of the Year voting
Player Team Votes
James Harrison Steelers 22
DeMarcus Ware Cowboys 13
Ed Reed Ravens 8
Al Haynesworth Titans 5
Troy Polamalu Steelers 2

There was only ever one winner of this category for me...

And he came third! :grrr:

AddiscombeEagle 06-01-2009 12:14 PM

I would have liked Reed to have won it as well, but I can’t argue with Harrison. I also have enjoyed watching the other fella at the Steelers whose name I can never remember, he has curly long hair. Polimario or something like that.

Latvian Eagle 06-01-2009 12:29 PM

Troy Polamalu! :D

AddiscombeEagle 06-01-2009 12:50 PM

Thats the one.

Latvian Eagle 06-01-2009 12:56 PM

I'm sure the Steelers have another guy with equally as big hair but I never catch his name!!!

elliott 06-01-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
There was only ever one winner of this category for me...

And he came third! :grrr:

Same...

pauldrulez 06-01-2009 04:55 PM

I personally think that Harrison deserved it with Reed and Polamalu behind him. Then Ware and Haynesworth. Then Jerod Mayo, Brandon Merriweather and Randy Moss(he played 1 snap). And then Joey Porter :hi:

:D

jazman 06-01-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
If we get to see Total Access in the UK :grrr:

I want NFL Network in the UK :lux:

Wednesday only. They mentioned it on Sunday nught and reasons. Still sucks.

jazman 06-01-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
DeMarcus Ware? Bullsh*t.

Most sacks and our best D once again even though he suffered injury. No suprise surely?

AddiscombeEagle 06-01-2009 06:13 PM

Surprised NFL Network isn't offered a pay per view channel on Sky. Surely it would have a decent take up.

pauldrulez 06-01-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Wednesday only. They mentioned it on Sunday nught and reasons. Still sucks.

We also miss Saturday.

And NFL Gameday.

I would pay a fiver a month like MUTV for example, to watch NFL Network. The runup to the Superbowl, Combine, Draft etc etc is excellent.

I've tried for weeks to find it online but cant.

And I agree with Addiscombe. I reckon they could get 50000 subscribers at least.

jazman 06-01-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
We also miss Saturday.

And NFL Gameday.

I would pay a fiver a month like MUTV for example, to watch NFL Network. The runup to the Superbowl, Combine, Draft etc etc is excellent.

I've tried for weeks to find it online but cant.

And I agree with Addiscombe. I reckon they could get 50000 subscribers at least.


Don't talk to me about NFL Gameday. That caused hassle in our household ;) .... Agreed, an un-tapped market with PPV NFL network surely ...

jj62255 06-01-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
I'm sure the Steelers have another guy with equally as big hair but I never catch his name!!!

That would be LG Chris Kemoeatu, big Hawaiian fella

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...HV6xN/610x.jpg

pauldrulez 06-01-2009 07:35 PM

You know what makes sense...

Quote:

2008 Offensive Player of the Year voting
Player Team Votes
Drew Brees Saints 22
Adrian Peterson Vikings 9
Peyton Manning Colts 9
Philip Rivers Chargers 6
DeAngelo Williams Panthers 2
Michael Turner Falcons 1
Steve Smith Panthers 1
That doesn't


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.