CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

elliott 29-01-2009 05:06 PM

There's a set of every NFL jersey fonts in one zip file.

That is included.


I think I've already had my contribution about Kerry Collins. It's disgusting. Chad was selected above KC but from what I've heard (a few media sources have discussed it), he wasn't invited.

nookiebear 29-01-2009 06:09 PM

Wouldn't listen to what Mooch has to say

pauldrulez 29-01-2009 06:17 PM

I think I read somewhere about all the reserve players for the ProBowl who may pull out.

I'm hoping Ray Lewis pulls out because I believe Jerod Mayo is first reserve although i'd need to check it again.

davematt 29-01-2009 07:36 PM

Doesnt seem to be much talk on here in regards to Sundays Big One.

How are we seeing it? I am going to back the Cardinals for the first team in this post season. Have written them off in every game and they have come through them in remarkable fashion. Their offence is geared up to really cause that Steelers D lots of problems.

Will be a great game and I cant wait; if its half as good as last years we are in for some great football.

peagle 29-01-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt
Doesnt seem to be much talk on here in regards to Sundays Big One.

How are we seeing it? I am going to back the Cardinals for the first team in this post season. Have written them off in every game and they have come through them in remarkable fashion. Their offence is geared up to really cause that Steelers D lots of problems.

Will be a great game and I cant wait; if its half as good as last years we are in for some great football.

Will go down to the wire imo. Was getting fully clued up yesterday on Total access on Sky Sports and they seemed sceptical of the Cardinals chances. But I could see them doing it as they have looked brilliant the last couple games and post-season. So I'm looking forward to a good close match on Sunday, planning on staying up again this year so Monday should be fun!

jazman 29-01-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt
Doesnt seem to be much talk on here in regards to Sundays Big One.

How are we seeing it? I am going to back the Cardinals for the first team in this post season. Have written them off in every game and they have come through them in remarkable fashion. Their offence is geared up to really cause that Steelers D lots of problems.

Will be a great game and I cant wait; if its half as good as last years we are in for some great football.


Yes, I agree. Too much draft talk when th ebig one is first up ...

Interesting interview with John Madden who is calling the Superbowl this year. His summary was that you have to think about the teams in terms of their offence and defence and kinda rate them. He said he'd put the Steelers defence 1st, Cards offense 2nd, Steelers offence 3rd and the the Cards Defence ... but he went on to say it's all guesswork anyway ...

I'm rooting for the Cards. No other reason that the fact that they have never won a Superbowl and I like an underdog. But I did tip the Steelers early in the season so it's not all bad ....

jazman 29-01-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I'll teach you in my remaining time on the thread Jaz ;)

Does that mean I'll end up preaching about the Pats all the time???
:eek: :sob: :clown: ;)

peagle 29-01-2009 09:01 PM

The problem in rating them like that is that its naturally not representative of them compared to the other. I.e. the Cards offence is being rated on its own as opposed to how it will fare against the Steelers Defence. Could be interesting to see what happens therefore as diferent match ups occur.

pauldrulez 29-01-2009 09:04 PM

Welcome peagle my fellow Patriot :hi:

I am backing the Cardinals as I have the whole post-season.

If they establish the run, the game is over for the Steelers IMHO.

Just because of the Play Action Passing as well as the ability of the Cards defense.

saxoneagle 29-01-2009 09:12 PM

Want: Steelers to win. Big.

Think: Cards to win by 4.

pauldrulez 29-01-2009 09:17 PM

Really?

I'm the other way.

Think: Steelers to win big.

Want: Cardinals to destroy the tossers. For Brady.

saxoneagle 29-01-2009 09:20 PM

How about at least one post without a f*cking Pats mention? I manage it.

peagle 29-01-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
How about at least one post without a f*cking Pats mention? I manage it.

So far I haven't mentioned them once in three posts! Impressive eh! lol this obviously doesn't count. I think steelers could win it but it won't be big.

pauldrulez 29-01-2009 09:23 PM

I done that one deliberately to wind you up.

Whenever I didn't mention the Pats I got nothing back at all whether about Superbowl, Draft, Pro Bowl, Dolphins or whatever.

I hate the Steelers. I hate Joey Porter and I loved it when we ruined 15-1 for them.

Go Cardinals.

jj62255 29-01-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
If they establish the run, the game is over for the Steelers IMHO.

Just because of the Play Action Passing as well as the ability of the Cards defense.

I have a really hard time seeing them do that with James and Hightower. I'm sure they'll be throwing it most of the game, and I just pray Taylor and McFadden can avoid silly pass interference calls like against the Ravens, they practically gifted them 2 TD's although one of them was a bit dubious. The key for the Steelers D is, as the Eagles failed to do, to keep pressure on Warner, he really can't be left in pocket for long or he willl punish you.

But actually I'm a little sad we're playing the Cardinals, would have backed them against anyone but the Steelers.

saxoneagle 29-01-2009 09:30 PM

The Steelers are an excellent team. The Cardinals are a decent enough team who have hit a hot run of form.

I'd much rather a team who has been consistent over the season than one who limped into the play-offs at 9-7.

What is the worst regular season record of a Superbowl Champion?

jj62255 29-01-2009 09:33 PM

The 1988 San Francisco 49ers and 2007 New York Giants both had a 10 - 6 record and won the Super Bowl.

Could be a new record :eek:

peagle 29-01-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
The Steelers are an excellent team. The Cardinals are a decent enough team who have hit a hot run of form.

I'd much rather a team who has been consistent over the season than one who limped into the play-offs at 9-7.

What is the worst regular season record of a Superbowl Champion?

I can see why you would rather that but the nature of the system means that Cardinals have every right to win it and therefore many will support them as seeming underdogs. Though actually in many ways they are favourites considering how well they have done in the post-season.

The question is will the Cardinals let the fact that everyone now sees them as VERY serious contendors as opposed to reasonable outsiders affect them?

saxoneagle 29-01-2009 09:37 PM

In the same way I was glad when the 8-8 Chargers lost, I'll be glad when the Cardinals do, too.

pauldrulez 29-01-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj62255
I have a really hard time seeing them do that with James and Hightower. I'm sure they'll be throwing it most of the game, and I just pray Taylor and McFadden can avoid silly pass interference calls like against the Ravens, they practically gifted them 2 TD's although one of them was a bit dubious. The key for the Steelers D is, as the Eagles failed to do, to keep pressure on Warner, he really can't be left in pocket for long or he willl punish you.

But actually I'm a little sad we're playing the Cardinals, would have backed them against anyone but the Steelers.

James isn't tired, Hightower has sucked since the start of the season but has been pretty good at Short Yardage.

If they can establish this then they are fine. If not, then the Steelers can throw a million exotic blitzes at the Cards and they are fine.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.