CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

beef 25-02-2022 09:44 PM

Also the people who press the button and cross before the lights change

Blind_Eagle 25-02-2022 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 16293894)
Able bodied adults that press the wait button and use the light controlled crossing….in roads that aren’t bloody busy!!

Just use your eyes and cross the road using your own judgement you robot, instead of making me stop in my car, when you had ample time to safely cross before I arrived and then after.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beef (Post 16293962)
Also the people who press the button and cross before the lights change

You poor, poor inconvenienced car drivers.

I really feel for you being inconvenienced for maybe a minute by a pedestrian, whilst sitting in your climate controlled environment, listening to your music of choice in a dry comfy seat whilst they try to cross a road.

davech 25-02-2022 10:29 PM

Jerks that set off from lights like Lewis Hamilton (usually in BMWs) and nearly mow me down as I am doing my best to cross the road before my crossing light goes red again (I don't always make it - one day I will not make it at all)

I never try to cross even if the road appears clear as guaranteed some idiot will appear at the speed of light trying to beat the lights. It's a lottery out there.

And don't get me started on cyclists at lights again......

beef 25-02-2022 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 16294002)
You poor, poor inconvenienced car drivers.

I really feel for you being inconvenienced for maybe a minute by a pedestrian, whilst sitting in your climate controlled environment, listening to your music of choice in a dry comfy seat whilst they try to cross a road.

You’re overestimating the Citroen Saxo

beef 25-02-2022 10:33 PM

Drivers who don’t stop at zebra crossings are the worst

Davy64 25-02-2022 10:47 PM

Pointless corporate group calls on teams. Just do the 'kin work.

Nostrils 25-02-2022 11:26 PM

Ordering a soft drink in a pub and being offered ice. You say yes and they fill the entire ******* glass with it. Ten minutes later you're back in the queue for a refill :hmph: In truth, I'm usually more annoyed at myself for forgetting to say "just one piece please". In addition, I get slightly annoyed by the look of cheeky **** the bar person gives you at this request (I might be misinterpreting this look tbf).

Hedgehog 25-02-2022 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 16294054)
Ordering a soft drink in a pub and being offered ice. You say yes and they fill the entire ******* glass with it. Ten minutes later you're back in the queue for a refill :hmph: In truth, I'm usually more annoyed at myself for forgetting to say "just one piece please". In addition, I get slightly annoyed by the look of cheeky **** the bar person gives you at this request (I might be misinterpreting this look tbf).

Things must have changed in The UK... back in my day, you were begrudgingly given a single ice cube for your G & T or orange juice.

Woe be tide anyone who asked for 2 cubes!

Ice was apparently more valuable than the drinks they were going in...

Nostrils 25-02-2022 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16294062)
Things must have changed in The UK... back in my day, you were begrudgingly given a single ice cube for your G & T or orange juice.

Woe be tide anyone who asked for 2 cubes!

Ice was apparently more valuable than the drinks they were going in...

:D

Did they only have that little bit of freezer at the top of the fridge then though?

Hedgehog 25-02-2022 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 16294065)
:D

Did they only have that little bit of freezer at the top of the fridge then though?

Yep, with one of those ice trays that took 24 hours to turn water into ice...

KYLIE MINEAGLE 26-02-2022 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 16293894)
Able bodied adults that press the wait button and use the light controlled crossing….in roads that aren’t bloody busy!!

Just use your eyes and cross the road using your own judgement you robot, instead of making me stop in my car, when you had ample time to safely cross before I arrived and then after.

Never realised you lived in Southern Sydney and had come across Mrs KM :D

El Aguila 26-02-2022 12:56 AM

I always hit the button and cross anyway. It helps slow traffic down. I’m very public spirited.

PeterH 26-02-2022 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16294062)
Things must have changed in The UK... back in my day, you were begrudgingly given a single ice cube for your G & T or orange juice.

Woe be tide anyone who asked for 2 cubes!

Ice was apparently more valuable than the drinks they were going in...

That day in question...is it when they used to tow ice from the Arctic???

Hedgehog 26-02-2022 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16294125)
That day in question...is it when they used to tow ice from the Arctic???


Correct

big bad John 26-02-2022 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16294062)
Things must have changed in The UK... back in my day, you were begrudgingly given a single ice cube for your G & T or orange juice.

Woe be tide anyone who asked for 2 cubes!

Ice was apparently more valuable than the drinks they were going in...

Remember that scorching summer of 76. There was a drought and in London it didn't rain for 45 days. Of course the pubs were packed and the publicans in a lot of places around by us were charging 2p for ice. Doesn't sound a lot but we were in an era that, when the guvnor put the ale up a halfpenny the locals would boycott the joint for a week. They'd then wander back in and spend the next 6 months moaning about it. There'd then be a peaceful lull until the next half penny hike.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 26-02-2022 05:38 AM

Jeez. I remember when beer went up ,a1p a pint in the public bar of The Bricklayers Arms in Dartmouth Road. Pricks always used to moan at me and the other bar staff as if it were my fault and the extra was going in to my pocket. That summer of 76 was something else.

bubbs11 26-02-2022 05:59 AM

I’ve got a picture of my 3 yr old self in the summer of ‘76, holding up a massive bunch of grapes we’d managed to grow in our Thornton Heath back garden.

ozzieEagle 26-02-2022 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 16294137)
Jeez. I remember when beer went up ,a1p a pint in the public bar of The Bricklayers Arms in Dartmouth Road. Pricks always used to moan at me and the other bar staff as if it were my fault and the extra was going in to my pocket. That summer of 76 was something else.


Hmmm that's close.... Did you ever do those Magdala progressive music nights in East Dulwich around that time ?

pallet 26-02-2022 02:21 PM

Profitiering. See petrol and desiel prices have already got up

in-exile 26-02-2022 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beef (Post 16294010)
Drivers who don’t stop at zebra crossings are the worst

Well if a zebra walks out then I'm definitely stopping!

LN1 26-02-2022 02:46 PM

Stopping for Zebras on crossings is black and white. Zebras have been complaining about this for so long they are a little horse.

gold76 26-02-2022 03:15 PM

That team line up..

(Yes you can all **** me off at 5pm if we win)

Hedgehog 26-02-2022 10:25 PM

Getting a letter in a standard white envelope that the address appears to be hand written in almost childlike hand writing, but upon closer examination would appear to be a font on a computer generated address.

And yes, it contained an advertisement...

Sneaky bastards.

cranesparkeagle 26-02-2022 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 16294799)
Well if a zebra walks out then I'm definitely stopping!


Good to see that in black and white

PeterH 26-02-2022 10:39 PM

Those stag beatles flying across the garden at head height in Brockley in 1976 were somewhat annoying...lots of things weren't though.....remember we are talking a time pre video recorder, pre Sony Walkman, pre PC, pre Space Invaders and Pacman, pre cellphones and pre feckin social media. However did we manage to get by...

Cars didn't all look the feckin same, either.

CT_Palace 26-02-2022 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold76 (Post 16294923)
That team line up..

(Yes you can all **** me off at 5pm if we win)

Seeing it was a draw you’re only a **

PeterH 26-02-2022 10:41 PM

I had also just started Brockley County while I think Thicky Pete got let into Roger Manwood because they had quite a few remedial sections..

wedgetail 26-02-2022 10:44 PM

Central heating stopping working on a weekend

JimmyAG 26-02-2022 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedgetail (Post 16296167)
Central heating stopping working on a weekend

Think of all the gas you are saving...

gold76 27-02-2022 11:02 AM

shitty boxing judges

LN1 27-02-2022 07:14 PM

Yesterday when entering the Whitehorse had my small shoulder bag which I have for stopping over the previous night searched. Albeit only a cursory search I was allowed through but the steward next to him blurted out 'I would have searched him better'. Both me and the original steward looked at him expecting him to burst out laughing but no he sternly repeated him statement. I was already going through the turnstile when he repeated it so tough. Next time I see him I will make sure he has to search yesterday's underwear handed to him. :veryangry

PeterH 27-02-2022 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LN1 (Post 16297007)
Yesterday when entering the Whitehorse had my small shoulder bag which I have for stopping over the previous night searched. Albeit only a cursory search I was allowed through but the steward next to him blurted out 'I would have searched him better'. Both me and the original steward looked at him expecting him to burst out laughing but no he sternly repeated him statement. I was already going through the turnstile when he repeated it so tough. Next time I see him I will make sure he has to search yesterday's underwear handed to him. :veryangry

Next time ask him why he doesn't get arsehole tattooed on his forehead. Tell him that it will save him the bother of opening his mouth.

Hedgehog 27-02-2022 11:56 PM

I appreciate it's somewhat of a middle class/First World problem in these uncertain times, but I was just checking out using reward mileage for a possible trip... it all looked good, so I went and had something to eat. When I got back to my computer it had logged me out of the airline site, so had to do a new search... the numbers came back that it would take more miles than the first search - odd I think.

So I log out and try again, and it comes back with different numbers again - very confusing. Also make you wonder which one is the real number.

Pretty sure it's not operator error, as I checked and double checked it was the same date and the same flights.

P.S. I think I've moaned about this before now I think about it.

Isle of Wight 27-02-2022 11:57 PM

The categories have been renamed this year to make them "fully inclusive".

Best actor and actress are now best male identifying role and best female identifying role. Oh Fukc off :grrr:

GorBlimey 28-02-2022 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16297428)
I appreciate it's somewhat of a middle class/First World problem in these uncertain times, but I was just checking out using reward mileage for a possible trip... it all looked good, so I went and had something to eat. When I got back to my computer it had logged me out of the airline site, so had to do a new search... the numbers came back that it would take more miles than the first search - odd I think.

So I log out and try again, and it comes back with different numbers again - very confusing. Also make you wonder which one is the real number.

Pretty sure it's not operator error, as I checked and double checked it was the same date and the same flights.

P.S. I think I've moaned about this before now I think about it.


People who moan about the same thing more than once! :D


Seriously, clearing out your cookies whenever you search sometimes helps

StonePenge 28-02-2022 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16296161)
Those stag beatles flying across the garden at head height in Brockley in 1976 were somewhat annoying...lots of things weren't though.....remember we are talking a time pre video recorder, pre Sony Walkman, pre PC, pre Space Invaders and Pacman, pre cellphones and pre feckin social media. However did we manage to get by...

Cars didn't all look the feckin same, either.

Yeah, I felt guilty sitting in Honor Oak Park with my remote directing the stag beetles to do that. Sorry.l.l

KYLIE MINEAGLE 28-02-2022 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16297428)
I appreciate it's somewhat of a middle class/First World problem in these uncertain times, but I was just checking out using reward mileage for a possible trip... it all looked good, so I went and had something to eat. When I got back to my computer it had logged me out of the airline site, so had to do a new search... the numbers came back that it would take more miles than the first search - odd I think.

So I log out and try again, and it comes back with different numbers again - very confusing. Also make you wonder which one is the real number.

Pretty sure it's not operator error, as I checked and double checked it was the same date and the same flights.

P.S. I think I've moaned about this before now I think about it.

I think you got short shrift from someone who thought you were being entitled.

PeterH 28-02-2022 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StonePenge (Post 16297443)
Yeah, I felt guilty sitting in Honor Oak Park with my remote directing the stag beetles to do that. Sorry.l.l

I believe it waa an old and probably dead tree in a neighbours garden that was their equivalent of a pre-match boozer.

PeterH 28-02-2022 03:40 AM

Going to a petrol station which is disguised as a supermarket and waiting to fill up while some inconsiderate sod decides to do their weekly shopping.

strawberry mivi 28-02-2022 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16297473)
Going to a petrol station which is disguised as a supermarket and waiting to fill up while some inconsiderate sod decides to do their weekly shopping.

AATOT

Fen Eagle 28-02-2022 03:20 PM

Peter H, I 100 hear and agree with you.

LN1 01-03-2022 03:19 PM

I've been waiting for an operation for over a year and received a letter this morning that said as I have missed an interview prior to the Operation it (the Op) has now been cancelled. Strangely I knew nothing about the meeting or the date of the operation!?

To add insult to injury the last line of the letter states 'as we have not heard from Mr (LN1) we believe everything is now fine and the procedure is not required'.
Wow! I'm glad I went for DIY surgery kit off EBAY, it worked a treat! The NHS is great but that last line was soooo annoying.

Kipungu 01-03-2022 04:12 PM

Every email from a service provider I've been getting for the last 2 months is a price hike. FFS.

I'll be forraging for vermin to eat come April.

The only thing keeping my bitter, twisted soul going will be the suffering of Brexiteers.

Terrace Bickle 01-03-2022 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16297429)
The categories have been renamed this year to make them "fully inclusive".



Best actor and actress are now best male identifying role and best female identifying role. Oh Fukc off :grrr:

What about the gender neutral! [emoji2959]

Prince Phillip 01-03-2022 08:27 PM

Four packs of beer and the replacement of plastic rings to hold them together with what is seemingly a cousin of superglue. I'm looking at you San Miguel.
(Happy to save Flipper, though - don't get me wrong)

Tripod 10 01-03-2022 11:09 PM

The way my other half talks to our new cats in a weird voice.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 02-03-2022 02:13 AM

Stopping for petrol , cars behind me backing up on to the main road, and the silly cow at the head of the island decides to go and buy a cup of coffee. FMD

Hedgehog 02-03-2022 02:32 AM

I'm noticing a new phenomenon (well not sure I've noticed it in the past) of people repeating the line that has just been spoken to them.

Example: Today I was passing two women that seemed to know each other. Lady one says, "Out getting some sun"? Second lady says, "Out getting some sun".

Really noticing it on TV shows, especially these fixer up or renovation shows.

It might be an American thing.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 02-03-2022 02:51 AM

Must not respond. must not respond.:D

dweedman 02-03-2022 03:48 AM

I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers

big bad John 02-03-2022 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16301316)
I'm noticing a new phenomenon (well not sure I've noticed it in the past) of people repeating the line that has just been spoken to them.

Example: Today I was passing two women that seemed to know each other. Lady one says, "Out getting some sun"? Second lady says, "Out getting some sun".

Really noticing it on TV shows, especially these fixer up or renovation shows.

It might be an American thing.

Never really thought about it, but after a minute of thought came up with these greetings that seem to get the same response as the question.

All good? All good. All good in the hood? All good in the Hood. Do you want some? Do you want some? Sorry. Sorry. (only in England and probably not anymore) Wassup? Wassup? Strictly by North Americans who despite talking in loud decibels do not know the art of carrying on a conversation. At least the Brits can BS
back and forward about the weather before they feel comfortable enough to talk about the couple up the road.
Goodnight - Goodnight

Hedgehog 02-03-2022 04:40 AM

OK, I'm going to have to keep my ears open for more examples... I don't think you guys are on board with this. :)

KYLIE MINEAGLE 02-03-2022 06:32 AM

Oh ! I am Iam.

Nostrils 02-03-2022 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripod 10 (Post 16301085)
The way my other half talks to our new cats in a weird voice.

What sort of weird voice? Like Skelator, Venom, or maybe Kenneth Williams?

strawberry mivi 02-03-2022 03:26 PM

Trying to get a perspective on the Ukraine thing via the BBS and the same wankers keep going on about Corbyn and/or Brexit.
Why can't they just shut the **** up for a change?

I'll stick to pprune and arrse.

Ant.Palace 02-03-2022 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fen Eagle (Post 16297923)
Peter H

Harsh, but fair

big bad John 02-03-2022 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant.Palace (Post 16302082)
Harsh, but fair

That's very naughty what you just did. If this was ice hockey you'd be receiving an Instigator penalty. But it's not hockey so poor old Fen might be in for a verbal battering for something he didn't do.

cappuccinoeagle 02-03-2022 11:21 PM

The fact that Sam Matterface seems to be ITV’s number one commentator

art malice 03-03-2022 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 16303045)
The fact that Sam Matterface seems to be ITV’s number one commentator

Always looking for the 'legacy' line.

Go the Big Ron route and then we'll talk.

RazorsEdge 03-03-2022 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 16301319)
Must not respond. must not respond.:D

lol

PeterH 03-03-2022 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant.Palace (Post 16302082)
Harsh, but fair

If peeps get annoyed by me, they need to look at themselves. I am aware of Ant's edit.

pallet 03-03-2022 02:22 PM

Hula Hoops not being in a red packet anymore. Is there nothing left in this world that is safe anymore???

Johnnieboy 03-03-2022 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16304033)
Hula Hoops not being in a red packet anymore. Is there nothing left in this world that is safe anymore???

Are you sure you're not looking at one of their wacky new spin offs?

https://www.hulahoops.com/our-range/

west country boy 03-03-2022 02:45 PM

Wrong’uns who cuss excellent television programmes :veryangry

Sick Bucket 03-03-2022 02:54 PM

English people using the word cuss!

Isle of Wight 03-03-2022 04:54 PM

Call centres that can’t quite understand English. I am full of admiration for people that can speak more than one language as I am useless. However, I do wish call centres would be UK based. It’s not the word but the understanding, even if they are American, I have to double think what I am saying to put it in child like phrases to communicate. Takes twice as long as it needs too.

west country boy 03-03-2022 05:15 PM

People who moan about the English language changing.

Joe85 03-03-2022 05:25 PM

Anyone who, at the end of a meeting, holds everyone up by not only asking a question with the most glaringly obvious answer, but fleshing it out just to be seen to have some form of input into a meeting. I's every ******* time at the moment.

Ready to just sack it all off.

Isle of Wight 03-03-2022 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16304165)
People who moan about the English language changing.

Who’s moaning about that?

Aki Aki Aki 03-03-2022 06:39 PM

Knighthoods ... to make them even more worthless, dumb Gavin Williamson has just got one FFS :wallbash:

Bizarro 03-03-2022 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 16304238)
Knighthoods ... to make them even more worthless, dumb Gavin Williamson has just got one FFS :wallbash:

Jesus we really are scraping the barrell if this useless twat's got one.
When's my turn, i'm more deserving than him

west country boy 03-03-2022 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16304232)
Who’s moaning about that?

Sick Bucket. Apparently using a word that has been used in American English for over two centuries gives him the vapors.

Isle of Wight 03-03-2022 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16304321)
Sick Bucket. Apparently using a word that has been used in American English for over two centuries gives him the vapors.

And what is this wonderful word that can send a man to rage ? ……. So I can find opportunities to use it ;)

west country boy 03-03-2022 09:59 PM

Are you even reading this thread IoW?! It's "cuss".

Isle of Wight 03-03-2022 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16304668)
Are you even reading this thread IoW?! It's "cuss".

Sigh I’m having a bad day :confused: certainly not the one where I will making any life changing decisions. No which way is up again?

Tripod 10 03-03-2022 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 16301375)
What sort of weird voice? Like Skelator, Venom, or maybe Kenneth Williams?

Skeletor would be less disconcerting. Its a kind of low, fast paced voice that goes up in tone at the end as though waiting for the cat to either confirm the conversation or answer back.

Lingfield Eagle 04-03-2022 12:13 AM

People who treat public places as work space. Popped into Macdonald's for a quick coffee and spent the whole time having to listen to some woman having a Zoom call with her work colleagues.

gold76 04-03-2022 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 16303045)
The fact that Sam Matterface seems to be ITV’s number one commentator

He has that desperate want to be your fwend type banter, akin to that ginger thunde***** Chris Evans

Still rather him than Clive I love the wankers Tyldesley

gold76 04-03-2022 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16304033)
Hula Hoops not being in a red packet anymore. Is there nothing left in this world that is safe anymore???

What the actual ****?

We need a steward's inquiry here..

I need evidence, KP foods, get in the sea mother****ers

gold76 04-03-2022 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16304051)
Wrong’uns who cuss excellent television programmes :veryangry

I resemble that remark

Midsommer Murders
The one show
Death in paradise

They can all get to ****

Polak 04-03-2022 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 16303045)
The fact that Sam Matterface seems to be ITV’s number one commentator

And that he was indulging with Natalie Sawyer. What was she thinking?

west country boy 04-03-2022 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold76 (Post 16305459)
I resemble that remark

Midsommer Murders
The one show
Death in paradise

They can all get to ****

I have no idea what a "Midsommer Murders" may be but Midsomer Murders (aka "Barnaby" in foreign" parts) is f~cking well skill.

stange555 04-03-2022 01:01 PM

My car is a Kia Cee'd - it's okay in an unexciting kind of way, however over the past year it has really started to annoy me. Firstly, the headlight bulbs keep failing, the lights are pretty useless when they do work, but I get them fixed, okay for a week, then "pop" another bulb gone.

But the really annoying thing is, tyre noise.

I changed the front tyres about a year ago, and noticed that the road noise had increased, to the point where it was really loud. I sent the car off to the dealer about a year ago and asked them to have a look "probably the tyres" they said, "we can't find anything else wrong". So, after putting up with it, and waiting to find a decent financial time to do it, I spend £390 having all four tyres replaced on my drive. Chap doing the tyres said "is your car really noisy?" yes says I. "not surprised" said he. The alignment was really badly out. He couldn't remedy it on my drive and suggested I get Kia to look at it. So, I call Kia this morning to book it in for a service. I explained what the tyre guy said and that they need to sort it. "oh we can't" says Kia, "we don't have the equipment". Firstly, wtf? Really? Secondly, why didn't they tell me that they couldn't check everything when they first saw the car with the problem? I could have got it sorted independently and not spent £££ on tyres!!

BERT'S HEAD 04-03-2022 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16305647)
I have no idea what a "Midsommer Murders" may be but Midsomer Murders (aka "Barnaby" in foreign" parts) is f~cking well skill.

Have just realised I don't watch any British crime dramas, think The Professionals or Sweeney was the last.

Wayne Andrews is God 04-03-2022 01:40 PM

People who park selfishly and dont minimise the waste of space in the bay. I saw this guy earlier park slap bang in the middle between two cars when there was enough space for two cars if he had parked efficiently, he even went back to the car to get something so he could of observed the bad parking. So oblivious to the fact that parking is premium on that busy road.

Had to restraint myself from saying something to him. He was 200 yards away so would have been abit much.

Isle of Wight 04-03-2022 02:07 PM

Don’t it’s a constant problem. Now cars are so fat people want two spaces as the parking spaces are now deemed “too small”.

cappuccinoeagle 05-03-2022 05:28 PM

Minor annoyances today- wonky legged tables in cafes. Also Neighbours ending in June, a guilty pleasure after a day’s graft

pallet 05-03-2022 08:21 PM

Miserable people.
Idoits st Wolves putting stupid stickers on the away seats.

EastbourneEagle 06-03-2022 01:14 PM

The chubby kid in the On the Beach advert. Smug, greedy little bastard

Nostrils 06-03-2022 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastbourneEagle (Post 16310547)
The chubby kid in the On the Beach advert. Smug, greedy little bastard

Never seen the ad, but this made me laugh :D

Joe85 06-03-2022 02:32 PM

Parents spectating a their kids Sunday league football team, who seems to be unable to resist screaming garbage cliches at a bunch of 15yr olds.

Just shut up you ******* clowns.

Al the Post 06-03-2022 02:36 PM

A young James Corden, fat twat.

Joe85 06-03-2022 04:54 PM

The UK Passenger Locator Form is utterly ridiculous.

Santos-er 06-03-2022 05:58 PM

Americanisms creeping into coverage of English football.

Admittedly, it's mostly in the comments sections of sites like the BBC and Guardian, but it still ******* annoys me. Words like "cleats" and "roster" have no place in our sport, nor referring to the names of teams in singular form.

art malice 06-03-2022 06:04 PM

Single Girl by Lush.

What a load of SHIT.

El Aguila 06-03-2022 06:09 PM

Harsh.

west country boy 06-03-2022 06:28 PM

I saw Miki Whatserface at Camden Town tube station many years ago. She was very comely indeed. I also saw Miles Hunt in almost the same spot during that era and he looked like a prize c~nt. He was always incredibly annoying in interviews as was/is Bobby Gillespie.

El Aguila 06-03-2022 06:37 PM

Well there you go.
I don’t imagine I’ve ever listened to a Lush album all the way through, though, unless it was a test pressing.

big bad John 06-03-2022 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santos-er (Post 16310803)
Americanisms creeping into coverage of English football.

Admittedly, it's mostly in the comments sections of sites like the BBC and Guardian, but it still ******* annoys me. Words like "cleats" and "roster" have no place in our sport, nor referring to the names of teams in singular form.

Wait until they start calling our mob Crystal. The amount of times I've watched a Palace match in a saloon and some loud yank shouts, "Come on Crystal." I've noticed loads of U.S terms creeping into English commentary. We're getting used to the 'period' being used but in the last few years certain subs have been referred to as closers. "Hughes has come on to close the game out." etc Some chump(unless he's ours) standing on top of the ball by the corner flag is running the clock down. Basketball at its finest.
Not to worry folks there's more coming your way.

PeterH 06-03-2022 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 16310864)
Wait until they start calling our mob Crystal. The amount of times I've watched a Palace match in a saloon and some loud yank shouts, "Come on Crystal." I've noticed loads of U.S terms creeping into English commentary. We're getting used to the 'period' being used but in the last few years certain subs have been referred to as closers. "Hughes has come on to close the game out." etc Some chump(unless he's ours) standing on top of the ball by the corner flag is running the clock down. Basketball at its finest.
Not to worry folks there's more coming your way.

'Not to worry folks there's more coming your way.'

'saloon' - might have negated your whole post.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.