CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Maz 22-06-2022 02:09 PM

And yet you are managing to post ok on the BBS.

Maidstoned Eagle 22-06-2022 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16497074)
Gary Lineker in general, but him claiming that he has been subject to racism is particularly annoying. He'll claim to be trans next if it flogs more crisps/diverts attention away from some of the more colourful rumours that have surrounded him for years.

Im not sure, is this you attention seeking?

PeterH 22-06-2022 02:27 PM

Buckle up, this is going to be quite a ride.

Martin H 22-06-2022 02:36 PM

Sundae glasses with a simple at the bottom that prevents you getting the last bit of the sundae. Wtf is that it all about.

Johnnieboy 22-06-2022 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 16497701)
Sundae glasses with a simple at the bottom that prevents you getting the last bit of the sundae. Wtf is that it all about.

It's the ice cream version of Colman's Millions

Hedgehog 22-06-2022 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16497425)
Yes. Obviously you expect it from feckless wankers like Wolfie or El Angular but it is disappointing when otherwise sensible BBSers indulge in such shite. I'll let Hedgehog off though as he is both American and extremely agèd.

Oi, you pick on me, but let a guy whose post you quote that makes no sense get off scot-free?

And I'm honored I get an "è" in a sentence about me! :p

obasizzler 22-06-2022 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceeby (Post 16496999)
Any adult that smells of BO. Even outside, some people can make 100 sq ft of street stink. The malodorous feckers.

:lux:

west country boy 22-06-2022 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16497976)
Oi, you pick on me, but let a guy whose post you quote that makes no sense get off scot-free?

I assumed he was so enraged he mistyped "Please" instead of "People". Maybe I'm getting soft in my dotage.

art malice 22-06-2022 11:26 PM

Heading off with my sister to scatter my dad’s ashes around a tree we planted for my brother to find it being fenced off all summer for enjoyment

Skin Up 22-06-2022 11:29 PM

Gary Lineker self-identifying as black is along with Neville Southall picking adult babies as a hill to die on and Matt Le Tissiers free thinking adventures just show we were one of the last countries to ban heading the medicine ball on the training ground.

west country boy 22-06-2022 11:31 PM

:D

Ant.Palace 23-06-2022 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stange555 (Post 16497002)
Leeds UTD fans and their massive car stickers. Why is it always them?

This is so true.

And the arsehole drivers always seem to have a Brighton one

Freddy the Fish 23-06-2022 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 16497572)
Over zealous dental assistants who constantly pinch the side of your lip against your teeth whilst they use the suction probe.
Dentist is drilling my tooth, the drill is squirting water around my teeth and the assistant thinks she is hoovering the front room of her house with a bloody Dyson! Not gently removing any excess water from my mouth!!!


I had a molar prepared for a crown last week and I so understand where you're coming from. :)

Hedgehog 23-06-2022 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 16497572)
Over zealous dental assistants who constantly pinch the side of your lip against your teeth whilst they use the suction probe.
Dentist is drilling my tooth, the drill is squirting water around my teeth and the assistant thinks she is hoovering the front room of her house with a bloody Dyson! Not gently removing any excess water from my mouth!!!

Is it safe? ;)

RazorsEdge 23-06-2022 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16500058)
Is it safe? ;)

Dyson? Yes very safe, that is why I never use it :)

Danny_Cheviot 23-06-2022 05:43 PM

Not really an annoyance - but TV companies who show F1 highlights and don’t play The Chain.

It’s WRITTEN in stone……….

mrB 23-06-2022 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny_Cheviot (Post 16500086)
Not really an annoyance - but TV companies who show F1 highlights and don’t play The Chain.

It’s WRITTEN in stone……….

Its a classic

norwoodeagle 23-06-2022 11:35 PM

Weare8 commercials with Rio Ferdinand

Bipe 24-06-2022 06:31 AM

Just Rio Ferdinand mate, the guy is a complete arsewipe. I mean using the death of your wife to raise your media profile when you were busy shagging anything that moved while she was dying takes some front to start with.

Pidster 24-06-2022 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipe (Post 16500960)
Just Rio Ferdinand mate, the guy is a complete arsewipe. I mean using the death of your wife to raise your media profile when you were busy shagging anything that moved while she was dying takes some front to start with.

^

KYLIE MINEAGLE 24-06-2022 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16500058)
Is it safe? ;)

I got it Hedge.

The Addonians 24-06-2022 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16496942)
Grown men who smell of BO at work

I work in the construction industry and a large number of guys will wear the same work clothes all week regardless of how hot/sweaty they have been. Some days it's unbearable.

RazorsEdge 24-06-2022 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipe (Post 16500960)
Just Rio Ferdinand mate, the guy is a complete arsewipe. I mean using the death of your wife to raise your media profile when you were busy shagging anything that moved while she was dying takes some front to start with.

Yup, I just can’t stand that bloke. A massive wanker.

Missed the drug test or ran from the dressing room as sports reported at that time said and took a mandatory ban, cheated on his wife and only he knows if he is not cheating on his current.

Bipe 24-06-2022 03:53 PM

Since we're digging out Rio 'super injunctions' Ferdinand let's add to the list his conflicts of interest seeing as he never discloses them himself when waxing lyrical on BT Sport:

Relationship with Sports Direct to sell his range of leisurewear that and then slags off the Newcastle fans who wanted Mike Ashley gone.

Represents a number of top footballers via his PR and marketing agency, most notably Raheem Sterling who according to Ferdinand is the best player on the pitch whenever he plays.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 25-06-2022 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16502108)
Yup, I just can’t stand that bloke. A massive wanker.

Missed the drug test or ran from the dressing room as sports reported at that time said and took a mandatory ban, cheated on his wife and only he knows if he is not cheating on his current.

Sounds like Prime Minister material to me.

Maidstoned Eagle 25-06-2022 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 16502827)
Sounds like Prime Minister material to me.

Sounds like Paul Mc*****ey

KYLIE MINEAGLE 25-06-2022 07:55 AM

Why? Did he cheat on his wife when she had cancer ? First I've heard,

pallet 25-06-2022 08:48 AM

Was alledgy having an affair with airline stwsrdess
Excuse my spelling and not sure if they are called something more PC days like airplane hosts

Eagle's Nest 25-06-2022 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16503121)
Was alledgy having an affair with airline stwsrdess
Excuse my spelling and not sure if they are called something more PC days like airplane hosts

Cabin crew :p

Latvian 25-06-2022 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16503121)
Airplane

*"Aeroplane" please, old bean :p

pallet 25-06-2022 10:09 AM

Sorry cabin crew and Aeroplane. I prefer tbe 70s 😬

bigend1 25-06-2022 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16503121)
Was alledgy having an affair with airline stwsrdess
Excuse my spelling and not sure if they are called something more PC days like airplane hosts

I can speak with some authority on it.

Official title is biscuit slinger

Pidster 25-06-2022 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigend1 (Post 16503184)
I can speak with some authority on it.

Official title is biscuit slinger

I believe WCB refers to male cabin crew as “Air mincers”.

RazorsEdge 25-06-2022 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigend1 (Post 16503184)
I can speak with some authority on it.

Official title is biscuit slinger

Used to be a trolley dolly in my days

RazorsEdge 25-06-2022 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 16502827)
Sounds like Prime Minister material to me.

Yes very much so

PeterH 25-06-2022 11:21 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz-TZF4uhfc

N Herts Eagle 25-06-2022 11:52 AM

Who ever owned my rescued Cocker Spaniel. Used as purely a breeding bitch. Then at 6 turfed out. She is beautiful dog but so terrified of everything. Will not take a treat whatever I have tried. Is content with just any little bit of attention. Walking her is beautiful and easy. Except when she sees any other dog when all she does is avoid at any cost.
Its going to be a long slog of giving her the love reassurance confidence that sge deserves . Keeps me fit occupied doing it and she gives me therefore as much as i give her. She is more chilled with the wife but not vastly so.
Worked out that she probably made the breeder/farmer 50k in her breeding days. Showing just a little care treating her to a touch of kindness us not much to ask in return.

Isle of Wight 25-06-2022 11:59 AM

It comes with time and is simply wonderful when they get there. Every little step is a pleasure in its self. One of the things I regret with my remaining dogs is they won’t let anyone in. I have to wait until they are gone before I can help again. Well done on what you are doing, all of you will benefit.

Isle of Wight 25-06-2022 12:41 PM

Booking fees for tickets

£1.99 “handling” fee
£3.99 “delivery” fee
£1.99 “ticket” fee

It’s a ******* automated E ticket you bastards

RazorsEdge 25-06-2022 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16503214)

:D

thefox 25-06-2022 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16503121)
Was alledgy having an affair with airline stwsrdess
Excuse my spelling and not sure if they are called something more PC days like airplane hosts

Coppell ?

N Herts Eagle 25-06-2022 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16503319)
It comes with time and is simply wonderful when they get there. Every little step is a pleasure in its self. One of the things I regret with my remaining dogs is they won’t let anyone in. I have to wait until they are gone before I can help again. Well done on what you are doing, all of you will benefit.

Its a three way street. I do the early morning walk or more correctly plod. But it forces me out whatever the weather and however I feel. She has no worries about the walking stick. So we plod along occasionally stopping for a distanced chat with other dog owners.
Wife does the long walk either afternoon or evening depending on how hot.
The Cocker does not even recognise a treat or more that its for her. She eats her food as if she not going to be fed again.
Its going to be slow even on basic training though she has over the last few days shown an understanding of a whistle. That when i whistle its food time or walk time. Having had a Boxer or Terriers its an eye opener having a totally chilled dog. I have heard one bark since we had her. Visitors she will sit next to the wife not move. I have a feeling she is very wary of males.
As you say its time gives me something to do and every little win will mean so much. Mind you i have a multitude of treats she has ignored. Very tempted to take her to Pets at Home and raid the pix and mix with her see if there is anything she likes.

Maidstoned Eagle 25-06-2022 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 16503099)
Why? Did he cheat on his wife when she had cancer ? First I've heard,

No, he's a cun t though

davech 25-06-2022 06:25 PM

Create And Craft channel on Freeview starting their Christmas programmes....

RazorsEdge 25-06-2022 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16504196)
Create And Craft channel on Freeview starting their Christmas programmes....

Oh wow, will let me wifey know, she will be glued to that.

Paulinmorden 26-06-2022 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16504340)
Oh wow, will let me wifey know, she will be glued to that.

Mine already is and earlier spent £90 on the Red Robin set or something like that. However come December we will still be in Clinton's buying the cards though she's had 6 months to make them. :wallbash:

Hedgehog 26-06-2022 01:26 AM

Not defending it, but don't these home shopping networks usually have a "Christmas in July" event.

God knows why I would know that, other than channel surfing I guess.

Martin H 26-06-2022 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16504687)
Not defending it, but don't these home shopping networks usually have a "Christmas in July" event.

God knows why I would know that, other than channel surfing I guess.

Come on, come clean, it was in your diary and you are all spent up now until October :)

Hedgehog 26-06-2022 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 16504689)
Come on, come clean, it was in your diary and you are all spent up now until October :)

I can't wait to get my glow in the dark reindeer set up... will put right in the spirit! :rolleyes:

Latvian 26-06-2022 08:00 AM

BBS moaners. Seems so personal in close season. Bring back the pre-season action before we have a full on BBS Peoples' Front vs. People's Front of BBS civil war.
Moaning about whether Luka deserved a 5 or a 6/10 never gets quite as serious.

Yes, I know I'm moaning but it is because you're all wankers and c**ts x

Sharkba1t 26-06-2022 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian (Post 16505010)
BBS moaners. Seems so personal in close season. Bring back the pre-season action before we have a full on BBS Peoples' Front vs. People's Front of BBS civil war.
Moaning about whether Luka deserved a 5 or a 6/10 never gets quite as serious.

Yes, I know I'm moaning but it is because you're all wankers and c**ts x

I rate your message a 4.75 out of 10.

Latvian 26-06-2022 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 16505156)
I rate your message a 4.75 out of 10.

Your reply is a 4.74! :veryangry

RazorsEdge 26-06-2022 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulinmorden (Post 16504675)
Mine already is and earlier spent £90 on the Red Robin set or something like that. However come December we will still be in Clinton's buying the cards though she's had 6 months to make them. :wallbash:

Haha, I know what you mean :

Johnnieboy 26-06-2022 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16504340)
Oh wow, will let me wifey know, she will be glued to that.

She might want to get an adult to help her if she's at risk of getting glued to the telly?

Olympian2 26-06-2022 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 16505273)
She might want to get an adult to help her if she's at risk of getting glued to the telly?

This immediately made me reflect that I have not seen a pair of round-nose scissors for years...

in-exile 26-06-2022 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by may blunderer (Post 12062215)
People who try to get their train ticket to go through the barrier 10 times causing a queue behind them. If it it didn't work the previous nine times IT AIN'T GONNA WORK NOW!

Lucky 11 ...?

in-exile 26-06-2022 12:03 PM

The 1905 Gammon!
Traffic warden types .... go audit the much more shitter other clubs claims out there!

gold76 26-06-2022 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16496261)
Paul Weller is an absolute arse. He annoys me, although I am a fan of the Style Council.

Stanley road wasn't too bad, but tis true a bit of a tit

in-exile 26-06-2022 12:15 PM

Style Council shit .... the Jam good .....Paul Weller a pound shop Steve Marriott..

little al 26-06-2022 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Addonians (Post 16502068)
I work in the construction industry and a large number of guys will wear the same work clothes all week regardless of how hot/sweaty they have been. Some days it's unbearable.

Some never take their ppe home to wash. Rank.

britabroad 26-06-2022 05:46 PM

Golf Boy.
But it is good that he is here anyway. Need different perspectives.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 26-06-2022 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Addonians (Post 16502068)
I work in the construction industry and a large number of guys will wear the same work clothes all week regardless of how hot/sweaty they have been. Some days it's unbearable.

Try sharing a van with a morbidly obese **** who is obviously too fat to wipe his arse properly. Everytime I ask for the all clear at a right turn he has to lift his arse up to move his head and the stench of sweat and rancid bum gravy permeates the cabin.

Martin H 26-06-2022 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 16506549)
Try sharing a van with a morbidly obese **** who is obviously too fat to wipe his arse properly. Everytime I ask for the all clear at a right turn he has to lift his arse up to move his head and the stench of sweat and rancid bum gravy permeates the cabin.

Sounds as if at some point you will just risk it. Sounds as if he might soften the blow of any accident but don't do it...... :).

WLYWLYAWYPWF 26-06-2022 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 16506623)
Sounds as if at some point you will just risk it. Sounds as if he might soften the blow of any accident but don't do it...... :).

Knowing my luck we would get side swiped and I'd end up with him sitting on my face.:eek:

Oldtown Eagle 26-06-2022 07:11 PM

What is it with petrol stations and their .9 of a penny? Just come clean and round it up.

Jonboy 26-06-2022 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 16506894)
What is it with petrol stations and their .9 of a penny? Just come clean and round it up.

However much your head reads £99.99, you heart reads less than a ton.

Chris K 27-06-2022 09:26 AM

First day back at work after holiday and waking up from a jetlagged sleep 4 minutes before your first meeting. Right now everything annoys me

Oldtown Eagle 27-06-2022 08:39 PM

Brighton. Not just them, but visited a mate in Sussex County hospital today. Everything is just a confusing mess. Traffic was atrocious, people just oblivious and stepping off the pavement. One guy on roller skates in the middle of a main road with a double decker bus bearing down on him. Never again.

Les Butler 28-06-2022 10:06 AM

Diet...A whole packet of Mcvitties chocolate biscuits meant for someone else just sitting there,some weed and the late-night munchies......Grrr

Isle of Wight 28-06-2022 10:10 AM

That rather than speak to my my doctors have implemented a "chat bot " that i have to go to that end up saying you need an appt when all i was trying to do was get a fking appointment in the 1st place. Every part of life now wants to to talk to computers not people. Doctors, banks, supermarkets, airlines, etc etc

CT_Palace 28-06-2022 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16509735)
That rather than speak to my my doctors have implemented a "chat bot " that i have to go to that end up saying you need an appt when all i was trying to do was get a fking appointment in the 1st place. Every part of life now wants to to talk to computers not people. Doctors, banks, supermarkets, airlines, etc etc

Skimpflation

Oldtown Eagle 28-06-2022 08:55 PM

Dentist bills. Without the merest hint of emotion, the receptionist says “that will be £700 today,” What we need is a lie down in a darkened room.

big bad John 29-06-2022 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 16510850)
Dentist bills. Without the merest hint of emotion, the receptionist says “that will be £700 today,” What we need is a lie down in a darkened room.

Told ya not to eat sweeties and to use Colgate.

Hedgehog 29-06-2022 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 16510850)
Dentist bills. Without the merest hint of emotion, the receptionist says “that will be £700 today,” What we need is a lie down in a darkened room.

Dentist are just sadomasochist who you pay so they can get their rocks off! :eek:

It's a sort of inverted prostitution. You pay them, and they get the gratification.

PeterH 29-06-2022 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Butler (Post 16509733)
Diet...A whole packet of Mcvitties chocolate biscuits meant for someone else just sitting there,some weed and the late-night munchies......Grrr

Which of those things are the annoyance..

diet

biscuits

ownership of the biscuits

drug habit

or your lack of self control.

Les Butler 29-06-2022 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16511052)
Which of those things are the annoyance..

diet

biscuits

ownership of the biscuits

drug habit

or your lack of self-control.

I had lost a few pounds, Peter, so it was disappointing, but chocolate digestive biscuits dipped in my tea seem's to be my undoing, causing my lack of self-control, eating someone else's chocolate biscuits.

I'm okay with the drug habit. It makes your posts bearable, even somewhat comedic,which is nice:D

I did get another packet of chocolate digestive biscuits today, and so far, so good;)

The biscuits today, untouched so far so good.
https://i.postimg.cc/RVKc0FVk/bic.jpg

Hedgehog 29-06-2022 04:54 AM

Does it really need the English and French on the packet... Hell just the picture pretty much says it all!

El Aguila 29-06-2022 07:30 AM

I like that oven.

JJ 29-06-2022 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16511042)
Dentist are just sadomasochist who you pay so they can get their rocks off!

Not always (and realise you're joking) I think my dentist is a rare exception: he's the best I've ever had, and now all my family and a few friends also go to him.

About 7 years ago I had to have a root canal. Had 4 appointments with him as he tried to deal with the infection, which would normally take 3 visits, but it still wasn't quite right and I still had some pain. So he referred me to a specialist (endodontist), and said that because he hadn't been able to fix it, he wouldn't charge me the $1,000. I thought that was bloody decent of him.

Les Butler 29-06-2022 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16511058)
Does it really need the English and French on the packet... Hell just the picture pretty much says it all!

Laws have just been passed here that give Language police (yes we have language police) more power than police, the right without warrants to go into any business to check if English is necessary on their computers, if not you can be fined. Also, Trudeau has let Quebec change the Canadian Constitution, making French the only official language in Quebec taking all kinds of rights of English-speaking Canadians away.

JimmyAG 29-06-2022 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Butler (Post 16511301)
Laws have just been passed here that give Language police (yes we have language police) more power than police, the right without warrants to go into any business to check if English is necessary on their computers, if not you can be fined. Also, Trudeau has let Quebec change the Canadian Constitution, making French the only official language in Quebec taking all kinds of rights of English-speaking Canadians away.

Wow, that's really taking the biscuit (sorry, "ça prend vraiment le biscuit" :moo2:)

Maidstoned Eagle 29-06-2022 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Butler (Post 16511301)
Laws have just been passed here that give Language police (yes we have language police) more power than police, the right without warrants to go into any business to check if English is necessary on their computers, if not you can be fined. Also, Trudeau has let Quebec change the Canadian Constitution, making French the only official language in Quebec taking all kinds of rights of English-speaking Canadians away.

Duck that.

BERT'S HEAD 29-06-2022 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Butler (Post 16511301)
Laws have just been passed here that give Language police (yes we have language police) more power than police, the right without warrants to go into any business to check if English is necessary on their computers, if not you can be fined. Also, Trudeau has let Quebec change the Canadian Constitution, making French the only official language in Quebec taking all kinds of rights of English-speaking Canadians away.

Met a student from Montreal a few years back and I was very surprised she could hardly speak a word of English.

Johnsonpen 29-06-2022 12:53 PM

For some reason whenever i have gone to Canada on holidays I have avoided all the French speaking areas.

Jim Cannon 29-06-2022 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Butler (Post 16511301)
Laws have just been passed here that give Language police (yes we have language police) more power than police, the right without warrants to go into any business to check if English is necessary on their computers, if not you can be fined. Also, Trudeau has let Quebec change the Canadian Constitution, making French the only official language in Quebec taking all kinds of rights of English-speaking Canadians away.

Les you are speaking english on your computer, let’s hope nobody dobs you in or you might be back here soon, after a stretch in the slammer

Les Butler 29-06-2022 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 16511420)
Met a student from Montreal a few years back and I was very surprised she could hardly speak a word of English.

Go outside of Montreal,Quebec City and you will be hard-pressed to find anyone speaking English. That's where the separatists/anti-English get their majority votes. We have had language peace here for many years but this gov't is playing to the fears of the lowest and dragged us back to the 70's

This annoys me lol, just a little more on it.

If I had kids it's illegal to send my kids to English school.

Historic anglophones

Services in English will be restricted to those who are eligible to attend English school in the province, or to those who attended English school in Canada outside Quebec.

I am not eligible as I am classed as an ethnic immigrant even with Canadian citizenship.

The notwithstanding clause

Among the most contentious points of the bill is that it sets aside basic rights of equality guaranteed in the charters of rights and freedoms of both Canada and Quebec, which means that those who feel their rights are infringed will not be able to use the overridden articles of the charter to challenge it.

Immigrants have six months to learn French

The law states that agencies of the government can provide services in a language other than French to immigrants coming to Quebec, but only for the first six months after their arrival.


Language watchdog powers and small businesses

The law extends the language charter to small businesses with 25 or more employees, when the previous threshold was 50 employees. The Office québécois de la langue française would also be granted powers of search and seizure without needing a warrant to inspect businesses and ensure they are complying with the law.

New powers for the French-language minister

The minister responsible for the French language would be in charge of ensuring compliance with the law. Among the minister’s powers would be to withhold grants or subsidies promised to municipalities if there is a suspicion they have not complied with the French-language charter.

Law and contracts

Business contracts must be drawn up in French, and if there are versions of a contract in two languages, the French will take priority if there is a discrepancy. A company’s pleadings in court will have to be in French, or translated into French. All judgments in court will be in French or translated into French, and judges will no longer need to be bilingual.

Services in French

Services to the public must be provided in French, and employees must not be required to speak English unless a company has demonstrated that it is essential for an employee’s job, and that the company has done all it can to avoid a requirement to speak a language other than French. The bill also makes it easier for those who aren’t served in French or employees who feel their right to communicate in French was violated to make complaints.

College access and new requirements

The total number of students allowed in English-language CEGEPs would be capped at 17.5 per cent of the total provincial CEGEP population, and access to English-language programs in French CEGEPs would be reduced.

Mandatory French-language exams that students must pass in order to graduate from French CEGEPs would be extended to francophones and allophones studying at English CEGEPs.

BERT'S HEAD 29-06-2022 02:09 PM

That is very interesting Les, but shocking also.

Les Butler 29-06-2022 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 16511502)
That is very interesting Les, but shocking also.

It is, on the ground everything feels ok until you need services, going to the hospital, going to court or school.

Trudeau has just sacrificed the English Canadians in Quebec by allowing Bill 96, this is what you get when you give into separatists in appeasement, they just make it a separate country from within.

Scotland, maybe not language but have fun ;)?

El Aguila 29-06-2022 02:24 PM

Sounds like Catalonia. Eventually businesses start leaving and you turn into an ethnically pure theme park.

Les Butler 29-06-2022 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 16511476)
Les you are speaking english on your computer, let’s hope nobody dobs you in or you might be back here soon, after a stretch in the slammer

Used to be a joke at work that I should be able to speak at least one of the official languages of Canada with my South London accent, but that's gone now.

I have 3 or 4 years to go work-wise and I am easily under the 15 employees so will probably make a decision on where I will retire too soon. I fancy Worthing ;)

cranesparkeagle 29-06-2022 02:57 PM

Motorcyclists with L Plates aggressively weaving in and out and acting like they know it all. Half of them seem to be employed by pizza shops. Do they actually get taught how to ride safely?

west country boy 29-06-2022 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 16511552)
Sounds like Catalonia. Eventually businesses start leaving and you turn into an ethnically pure theme park.

They don't even speak real French in Québec do they?

Hedgehog 29-06-2022 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ (Post 16511220)
Not always (and realise you're joking) I think my dentist is a rare exception: he's the best I've ever had, and now all my family and a few friends also go to him.

About 7 years ago I had to have a root canal. Had 4 appointments with him as he tried to deal with the infection, which would normally take 3 visits, but it still wasn't quite right and I still had some pain. So he referred me to a specialist (endodontist), and said that because he hadn't been able to fix it, he wouldn't charge me the $1,000. I thought that was bloody decent of him.

You are right of course, I was a tad over the top.

I too had a root canal many years ago, and within days it got an abscess, and the tooth had to be pulled.

The dentist who did the root canal, sent me back my check still uncashed straight away which I thought was pretty decent of him.

On the other hand, he may have been covering his butt in case I blamed him for the abscess (which I didn't).

RazorsEdge 29-06-2022 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnsonpen (Post 16511434)
For some reason whenever i have gone to Canada on holidays I have avoided all the French speaking areas.

Where do you go then? California?

El Aguila 29-06-2022 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16511642)
They don't even speak real French in Québec do they?

Let's face it, they speak pretty ropey English over there, as well.

west country boy 29-06-2022 03:29 PM

Leave it oot.

Reps AJ 29-06-2022 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16511663)
Leave it oot.

Leave it oot, eh

west country boy 29-06-2022 04:17 PM

May as well quote the Jerry Sadowitz bit that led to him being punched out on stage:
Quote:

Hello moosef~ckers! I tell you why I hate Canada, half of you speak French, and the other half let them. Why don't you speak Indian? You might as well speak the language of the people you stole the country off of in the first place.

Hedgehog 29-06-2022 07:02 PM

When I enter my password into my banks website and hit enter nothing happens. I have to actually drag the cursor and click on the "Sign On" button.

Not sure any other websites requiring a password do this.

I know, first world problems.

RazorsEdge 29-06-2022 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16511958)
When I enter my password into my banks website and hit enter nothing happens. I have to actually drag the cursor and click on the "Sign On" button.

Not sure any other websites requiring a password do this.

I know, first world problems.

I use the tab key, saves me fecking round with the mouse


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.