CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ashes 2021 - 4-0 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=285220)

Aki Aki Aki 22-12-2021 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16165588)
Speaking of the devil.....

Labuschagne has now replaced Joe Root as No.1 in the Test rankings. I suppose congratulaions are in order. If only we could unearth a No.3 like him.

Poor South Africa, another one they lost out on :D

davech 22-12-2021 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 16165619)
Poor South Africa, another one they lost out on :D

But at least they got Keppler Wessels back :p

art malice 22-12-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16165558)
Silverwood has said he would pick the same two teams again.

Idiot. We're f*cked. Get rid asap.

The rumoured four changes for Melbourne would suggest they've fvcked up.

He's basically saying 'I'd fvck it up again me'.

sherstonpalace 22-12-2021 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16165558)
Silverwood has said he would pick the same two teams again.

Idiot. We're f*cked. Get rid asap.

Isn't that the definition of madness? Doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome?

davech 22-12-2021 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherstonpalace (Post 16165662)
Isn't that the definition of madness? Doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome?

Like Rory Burns as an opener?

sherstonpalace 22-12-2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16165666)
Like Rory Burns as an opener?

Or Pope coming down the pitch to Lyon, surviving on review, and then.....coming down the pitch to Lyon.

Tomo 22-12-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16165588)
Speaking of the devil.....

Labuschagne has now replaced Joe Root as No.1 in the Test rankings. I suppose congratulaions are in order. If only we could unearth a No.3 like him.

He probably is the best batsmen in the world but he’s played 2 tests in 10 months!!

Wolfnipplechips 22-12-2021 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16165558)
Silverwood has said he would pick the same two teams again.

Idiot. We're f*cked. Get rid asap.

Kinell. What’s the point of him then?

Wolfnipplechips 22-12-2021 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 16166316)
He probably is the best batsmen in the world but he’s played 2 tests in 10 months!!

Even Rory Burns has scored more runs than him this year….

davech 22-12-2021 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16166477)
Kinell. What’s the point of him then?

Errrrrrr........................

Can I get back to you on that?

art malice 22-12-2021 07:59 PM

I wonder if they’ve analysed data on how much each individual player would be affected if Silverwood admitted selections were wrong

davech 23-12-2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16166504)
Errrrrrr........................

Can I get back to you on that?

Sorry, I know it's bad form to quote yourself, but I have slept on this and I am still no closer to an answer.

The nearest I can get is to compare him to last year's mince pies....

RazorsEdge 23-12-2021 06:01 PM

I am hearing Burns is dropped for Melbourne test… I think they need to drop the other 10 too

desperado 23-12-2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16168189)
I am hearing Burns is dropped for Melbourne test… I think they need to drop the other 10 too

We have seen Burns and the word dropped in the same sentence far too often in this Ashes series

Philipw 23-12-2021 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16168189)
I am hearing Burns is dropped for Melbourne test… I think they need to drop the other 10 too

For who though?

RazorsEdge 23-12-2021 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philipw (Post 16168256)
For who though?

Rumours are pointing towards Crawley.

RazorsEdge 23-12-2021 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desperado (Post 16168228)
We have seen Burns and the word dropped in the same sentence far too often in this Ashes series

Lol

Butterfingers is not far behind when it comes to droppings

RazorsEdge 24-12-2021 08:45 AM

Root has given a speech apparently there is nothing to loose.

Bairstow in for Pope, Wood in for Woakes and toss between Leach or Broad. I would have thought that would be a no brainier/

But Bairstow has had a bad test run recently so not sure about that/

Part of me wants us to fight and win or draw this test but apathy is creeping in

Worksop Palace 24-12-2021 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philipw (Post 16168256)
For who though?

Me mum

RazorsEdge 24-12-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16168650)
Me mum

:)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.