CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 16-11-2008 09:59 PM

Safety for the Steelers.

Gutted, BB has them as his fantasy DST :grrr:

I like the way that Warner who he has is choosing to throw nearly every snap. And when it goes to Fitzgerald I get more points than he does :D:)

pauldrulez 16-11-2008 10:00 PM

The Jacksonville drive seems to have lasted four and a half hours. They are still going I think.

pauldrulez 16-11-2008 10:04 PM

Damn you Strathers, you got the 8000th post ;)

I only just noticed.

I managed to get 7999, 8001,8002 and I guess this is 8003

Strathclyde Eagle 16-11-2008 10:05 PM

Ted Ginn done everything

(Sorry, I just like that song.)

BTW, tip for the Raiders. When it is 4th and 5 you might not want to put a linebacker on a WR. That's why he was open to make the catch.

pauldrulez 16-11-2008 10:05 PM

Mike Singletary 21-3 Jim Haslett

Strathclyde Eagle 16-11-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Safety for the Steelers.

Gutted, BB has them as his fantasy DST :grrr:

Fumble recovery from what I can make out. Could have had even more points had the Steelers recovered it.

Latvian Eagle 16-11-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Atlanta-Pittsburgh, can't remember the yeah though.

Was something like 34-all though. Odd that there wasn't any scoring in OT.

Correct... The game was in 2002 according to Nick Halling. So 6 years ago since the last tied game!

pauldrulez 16-11-2008 10:17 PM

28-3 to the Niners now. As I said earlier, I hope Singletary gets the job full time. He is a legend in my eyes already :)

And with the safety/fumble recovery. It was knocked out of Rivers hands and recovered by a Charger in the end zone so it is a safety but is also a fumble recovery. I'm confusing myself now because of you :hi:

Strathclyde Eagle 16-11-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
28-3 to the Niners now. As I said earlier, I hope Singletary gets the job full time. He is a legend in my eyes already :)

You need to see if there is any of his playing highlights on YouTube. He was a legend on the field first.

nookiebear 16-11-2008 10:24 PM

Evening all

God, how bad were the Bears? Apart from Forte

How does the Eagles' draw affect their play-off chances? they're still effectively one extra game behind the Skins and Cowboys now

pauldrulez 16-11-2008 10:30 PM

35-3 to the Niners now and its not even at the half.

Latvian Eagle 16-11-2008 10:37 PM

I still can't believe how bad the Seahawks are this year.

I fancied them in the Post season last year! And I thought they might sneak something this season. I know they've had injuries, but my word they are bad!

Panthers 8-2! I think we're a dead cert for the play offs, but I can't see anyone but the Giants winning the NFC! :eek:

Jay_eagle 16-11-2008 10:50 PM

eagles drawing with the bengals puts them in a very tough position if they're going to make the play-offs.

jlmatthews 17-11-2008 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nookiebear
Evening all

God, how bad were the Bears? Apart from Forte

:sob:

I quit watching halfway through the third. Worst we've played all year.

LLCOOLSTEVE 17-11-2008 12:37 AM

Why on earth was that last second TD wiped off in the Steelers game??

jlmatthews 17-11-2008 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Why on earth was that last second TD wiped off in the Steelers game??

Because the player made an illegal forward pass instead of a lateral so the ball was dead as soon as he passed it forward.

nookiebear 17-11-2008 09:59 AM

Well, what a load of rubbish from the Skins offense last night

The Skins D is playing so so well but what's the point when the offense can't stay on the field? Our D is getting beaten because it's on the field for so long

Zorn's offense is in trouble. The running game is seriously banged up (but a brave effort from Portis, playing injured). There's no back-up if Clinton needs a breather though. Betts isn't fit and Alexander isn't working.

Teams have sussed out Zorn's passing game. For the West Coast O to work, you need every wide receiver stepping up to the plate. Last night, the Cowboys shut down the slant, and there wasn't much else on for Campbell.

The two rookies WRs have been a major disappointment this season, Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly, and the No3 WR Thrash has had such a poor year. Campbell rarely throws to him anyway.

The dink and dunk passing game is predictable now.

And as for the Skins offensive line. How can they be so good when helping the running game, but they offer Campbell little protection. He was having to run all over the place yet again.

Campbell needs more options and better protection

Small positives from last night. The defense was great, Hall did well against TO, and Devin Thomas at least caught a few, including one on third down for a first.

I'll be estatic with a 9-7 finish now. The SKins have got the Eagles and Giants at home and have to go to Seattle and Baltimore

Credit to Dallas - they shut down the Skins passing game, they protected Romo and they found a way to run on the Skins, which took the pressure off the pinkie.

Swanny32 17-11-2008 10:15 AM

not happy with the draw against the Bengals yesterday, we really could have done with winning that, especially with the Cowgirls beating the Skins as well. I was keeping track of the play on my iPhone, there seemed to be numerous opportunities for the Bengals to kick the 3 points in OT but never did so could be an interesting watch on Gameday tonight.

Not really sure how that leaves us for the play-offs, personally after some of the results we have had this season I don't think we are good enough however I heard someone say that NFC East may have 3 teams put into the playoffs because of the strength of the division, anyone know if this is the case?

If not, then we really have to go unbeaten for the remainder of the season, run in for is is:

@ Ravens
Cardinals
@ Giants (GULP!)
Browns
@ Redskins
Cowgirls

I reckon we can win our three home games but he road games, including the Ravens are going to be really tough!

ardeo 17-11-2008 10:27 AM

Happened last year I think Swanny, when we finished bottom (I think), but less likely to happen this year.

But theoretically NFC East could claim both wildcards, but a draw against the Bengals will not help with that.

I watched most of the game, worst i've seen McNabb play, 3 interceptions shows how badly he played, and a fumble too for good measure.

Swanny32 17-11-2008 10:31 AM

where did you watch it?