CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

SteveyHawking 21-09-2011 05:34 PM

Thank God the Eagles are changing their linebackers around. Chaney to the middle where he played well last year and Matthews to the weakside where he played more often than not in college. Should help a bit. :)

Vince Hilaire's Afro 21-09-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
After seeing the video put on by VHA I now get it ........ :D ;)

Sorry oz da, didn't see your post.

Swanny32 21-09-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
Thank God the Eagles are changing their linebackers around. Chaney to the middle where he played well last year and Matthews to the weakside where he played more often than not in college. Should help a bit. :)

Still think we need to get someone else in. But a step in the right direction none the less

Swanny32 21-09-2011 08:14 PM

Finally found some decent priced tickets for the return of Kevin Kolb to the Linc on November 13th....$200 a seat, lower tier on the 20-30 yard lines......look hard enough you'll find what you want. Yay!

elliott 21-09-2011 11:21 PM

Made it onto Uniwatch today!

Well chuffed.

jazman 22-09-2011 07:25 AM

I really don't think that hit by Robinson on Jackson is as bad as you guys make out, if you watch it Jackson moves his head just before Robinson hits him which means it ends up being a helmet to helmet hit whereas it would have been under the helmet. As you guys will know, thats how these players are taught to tackle head first under the chin ...

saxoneagle 22-09-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
I really don't think that hit by Robinson on Jackson is as bad as you guys make out, if you watch it Jackson moves his head just before Robinson hits him which means it ends up being a helmet to helmet hit whereas it would have been under the helmet. As you guys will know, thats how these players are taught to tackle head first under the chin ...

And if it was, say, a Pats player who was hit by an Eagle they'd find it funny.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 22-09-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
And if it was, say, a Pats player who was hit by an Eagle they'd find it funny.

Stupid comment Saxon :hmph:

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 22-09-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
I really don't think that hit by Robinson on Jackson is as bad as you guys make out, if you watch it Jackson moves his head just before Robinson hits him which means it ends up being a helmet to helmet hit whereas it would have been under the helmet. As you guys will know, thats how these players are taught to tackle head first under the chin ...

:rolleyes:

Personally the Maclin one was in my eyes worse ........ Launching at the player like a missle with arms back (no intention of tackling with the arms) from the side aimed squarely at the chin ....... could have easily broken Maclin's neck :hmph:

saxoneagle 22-09-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Stupid comment Saxon :hmph:

Sure, cos you lot never bitch like whiny little girls when the Eagles receive bad treatment and laugh at others misfortune, do you?

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 22-09-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Sure, cos you lot never bitch like whiny little girls when the Eagles receive bad treatment and laugh at others misfortune, do you?

Examples please (laughing at others misfortunes) with respect to player injuries please .......................... Or are you going to bring up booing Santa Claus :S:

jazman 22-09-2011 12:58 PM

Romo busting his shoulder was met with a lot of jovality last season to name but one ... ;)

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 22-09-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Romo busting his shoulder was met with a lot of jovality last season to name but one ... ;)

But that was doing the Cowgirls a favour though Jaz ;)

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 22-09-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Romo busting his shoulder was met with a lot of jovality last season to name but one ... ;)


......... and besides, The Cowgirls don't count! ;) :hi:

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 22-09-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Sure, cos you lot never bitch like whiny little girls when the Eagles receive bad treatment and laugh at others misfortune, do you?

I seem to recall quite a bit of sympathy when Wes Welker had his bad injury......... :moo:

Probably more than Leonard Weaver got when he totally busted his knee against Green Bay which looks to have finished his career ......... Still did we bleat about that misfortune at the time .......... or was it an unlucky accident when he ran in to the immovable object that is Clay Matthews?

Now a blatant cheap shot by Dunta Robinson (two years running) fully deserves bleating about!!! ;)

saxoneagle 22-09-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
But that was doing the Cowgirls a favour though Jaz ;)

Oh, so it is funny when it is someone else then? :)

pauldrulez 22-09-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Romo busting his shoulder was met with a lot of jovality last season to name but one ... ;)

And when he broke his pinky. :moo:

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 22-09-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Oh, so it is funny when it is someone else then? :)

Ah as previously explained ......... Romo going down was a plus for the Cowgirls!!!

And also as previously stated The Cowgirls are the exception!!!!

:moo:

Wouldn't wish anything bad on the Cheatriots!!!!! :cool: :hi: ;)

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 22-09-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
And when he broke his pinky. :moo:

:D :moo:

jazman 22-09-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
......... and besides, The Cowgirls don't count! ;) :hi:

:D :o Wouldn't expect anything less from the Greenies ...


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.