CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Latvian Eagle 29-07-2009 03:09 PM

Isn't Kolb meant to be the future?

I know he came in one game last season but wasn't that against Baltimore? Even experienced QBs suffer at the hands of Ed Reed.

ardeo 29-07-2009 03:12 PM

Kolb is alright, could turn out to be good. Looked OK in a very difficult game against the Ravens last year when he played the second half. Prefer him to Vick anyway. Better passer IMO

Swanny32 29-07-2009 03:21 PM

I don't think Kolb has the character to be a good QB. His body language is always pretty negative, haven't really seen him running so can't comment on that but think his throwing from what I saw last season is poor. He doesn't have the backing of the home crowd either which is going to knock his confidence and make things very difficult for him, i'd be happy to see him replaced by someone like Vick but would Vick be happy with a place on the sidelines.

That being said, I would love to be proved wrong and Kolb become a good if not great QB for us.

jazman 29-07-2009 03:33 PM

I think teams are lucky to have a decent QB as back up. But I think QBs are a different breed in the fact that they have to be playing regularly to have any sort of form ... I still have nightmares about Brad Johnson from last season .. :sob:

ardeo 29-07-2009 03:34 PM

Was pretty sure he had quite a lot of support last year, a lot of fans were calling for him to replace McNabb. Bit early to tell really what he will be like in terms of leading the team, clock management, etc. But is a better back up for McNabb than we have had for a few years and we may see him towards the end of the season (either when we are 13-0 or 6-7 :)).

jazman 29-07-2009 03:36 PM

We now have a Lions reject QB as back up but a promising one picked up in the draft, under the radar somewhat ...

Swanny32 29-07-2009 06:02 PM

From what I have read on the eagles forum there are a lot of fans that want rid of kolb, however there are also a few that like him. Ill make my mind up once I have seen him a bit more but I don't think he is good enough.

peagle 29-07-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nookiebear
especially as he's banned for the first six games, isn't he?

The way i read the conditions on Vick's reinstatement, he is banned for all but the last 2 pre season games, then the commissioner will decide again whether he faces a ban for any more games (i doubt he will).

jazman 29-07-2009 10:24 PM

Cons and big egos usually ended up in Dallas the past few years. I'm glad that fashions seems to have passed .... .. for now ..

Swanny32 29-07-2009 10:50 PM

Yeah, peagle is right there.

jazman 30-07-2009 08:03 AM

So Favre is retired .... for now ... I can't help but laugh at that Vikings fan with the Favre jersey ... :D

peagle 30-07-2009 12:52 PM

I just had that feeling about favre but i think he will still make one final stint in the league at some point. Watch this space.

jazman 30-07-2009 12:56 PM

They mentioned last night that it will be a test if a QB gets injured early on ... will he be called upon?

peagle 30-07-2009 01:58 PM

I think we could get a situation where a team has to choose between a call to favre or to vick and i think i'd dial the old guy every time there. The only other thing which may change that is the type of offence as each would have to learn quickly.

Latvian Eagle 30-07-2009 02:05 PM

Speaking of QB's I was looking through each teams QBs at the current time... I expect in certain cases there are some that will be cut when the rosters need to be trimmed but here's the list as it stands.

Carolina Panthers:
Jake Delhomme
Josh McCown
Matt Moore
Hunter Cantwell (R)

Atlanta Falcons:
Matt Ryan
Chris Redman
DJ Shockley
John Parker Wilson (R)

New Orleans Saints:
Drew Brees
Joey Harrington
Mark Brunell

Tampa Bay Buccaneers:
Josh Johnson
Luke McCown
Byron Leftwich

Seattle Seahawks:
Matt Hasselbeck
Seneca Wallace
Jeff Rowe
Mike Teel (R)

Arizona Cardinals:
Kurt Warner
Matt Leinart
Brian St. Pierre
Tyler Palko

St. Louis Rams:
Marc Bulger
Kyle Boller
Brock Berlin
Keith Null (R)

San Francisco 49ers:
Alex Smith
Shaun Hill
Damon Huard
Nate Davis (R)

New York Giants:
Eli Manning
David Carr
Andre Woodson
Rhett Bomar (R)

Dallas Cowboys:
Tony Romo
Jon Kitna
Rudy Carpenter (R)
Stephen McGee (R)

Philadelphia Eagles:
Donovan McNabb
Kevin Kolb
AJ Feeley

Washington Redskins:
Jason Campbell
Todd Collins
Colt Brennan
Chase Daniel (R)

Chicago Bears:
Jay Cutler
Brett Basanez
Caleb Haine

Detroit Lions:
Matt Stafford (R)
Daunte Culpepper
Drew Stanton

Green Bay Packers:
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Flynn
Bryan Brohm

Minnesota Vikings:
Sage Rosenfels
Tavaris Jackson
JD Booty

Denver Broncos:
Kyle Orton
Chris Simms
Tom Brandstater (R)

San Diego Chargers:
Philip Rivers
Billy Volek
Charlie Whitehurst

Kansas City Chiefs:
Matt Cassel
Brodie Croyle
Tyler Thigpen
Ingle Martin

Oakland Raiders:
JaMarcus Russell
Jeff Garcia
Bruce Gradowski
Andrew Walter
Charlie Frye

Baltimore Ravens:
Joe Flacco
Troy Smith
John Beck

Cinncinati Bengals:
Carson Palmer
Jordan Palmer
JT O'Sullivan

Cleveland Browns:
Brady Quinn
Derek Anderson
Brett Ratliff
Richard Bartel

Pittsburgh Steelers:
Ben Roethlisberger
Charlie Batch
Dennis Dixon
Mike Reilly (R)

Houston Texans:
Matt Schaub
Rex Grossman
Dan Orlovsky

Indianapolis Colts:
Peyton Manning
Jim Sorgi
Curtis Painter (R)

Jacksonville Jaguars:
David Garrard
Todd Bouman
Paul Smith
Todd Boeckman (R)

Tennessee Titans:
Kerry Collins
Vince Young
Patrick Ramsey
Alex Mortensen (R)

Buffalo Bills:
Trent Edwards
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Gibran Hamdan
Matt Baker

Miami Dolphins:
Chad Pennington
Chad Henne

New York Jets:
Mark Sanchez (R)
Kellen Clemens
Erik Ainge
Chris Pizzotti (R)

New England Patriots:
Tom Brady
Kevin O'Connell
Matt Gutierrez
Brian Hoyer (R)

Strathclyde Eagle 30-07-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
I don't know why Baltimore would be interested... Flacco had a great Rookie season and he can only get better, and I really rate Troy Smith as their back up! They've just taken on John Beck from Miami too... So where does he fit really? There's a couple of teams who have only two QBs on their rosters at the moment. I'd still say the most likely is the Jaguars who were the other team mentioned on Total Access last week.

The Ravens got John Beck? That's their problems solved, they don't need another QB.

(As long as they never play in Buffalo. Or any of the other 31 NFL cities for that matter.)

Latvian Eagle 30-07-2009 06:28 PM

He's only third string though... Smith is more than adequate cover for Flacco IMHO.

I think I've only seen Beck play once, I know he played a few times at the back end of the 2007 season but is he really that bad?

elliott 30-07-2009 06:59 PM

I think there's a lot of talent in that list.

Beck has none.

oz_da II 30-07-2009 07:17 PM

I hope Oakland has a good pensioners' bus pass system for Garcia.

I remember watching him in the CFL in the early 90's.

Strathclyde Eagle 30-07-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
I think there's a lot of talent in that list.

Beck has none.

Nonsense. The Bills probably haven't had a QB who contributed so many points to them in one quarter since Jim Kelly.

Ignore the fact he was a Fin at the time. ;)