CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

TopKnot 13-01-2020 08:39 PM

Tv ads for Nationwide which just consist of old people rambling for 30 seconds

Timbo 13-01-2020 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 15058105)
White trash wearing pyjamas out to convenience stores, petrol stations, take-aways and the like seems to have had a bit of a revival this winter. Including men. Just no.

Is it acceptable to wear pyjamas in the back garden?

BringbackShipps 13-01-2020 08:46 PM

Going in to a McDonalds and having to stand among a bunch of tw*ts holding cooler boxes and motorcycle helmets while I wait 30 minutes for a f*cking cheeseburger because of the lazy, obese people ordering a McDonalds from their greasy armchairs.

Phil's Barber 13-01-2020 08:47 PM

Strongbow Dark Fruits. It stinks.

GorBlimey 13-01-2020 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BringbackShipps (Post 15058928)
Going in to a McDonalds and having to stand among a bunch of tw*ts holding cooler boxes and motorcycle helmets while I wait 30 minutes for a f*cking cheeseburger because of the lazy, obese people ordering a McDonalds from their greasy armchairs.

People who buy "food" from McDonalds.

F*ck off and help save the planet.

BringbackShipps 13-01-2020 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 15058934)

Forgot to add...enviromentalists. :D

Worksop Palace 13-01-2020 08:56 PM

Quote:

:supergrin:

Prince Phillip 14-01-2020 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 15058923)
Is it acceptable to wear pyjamas in the back garden?

As long as it's yours I see no problem.

PIE "N" MASH 14-01-2020 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 15058105)
White trash

What's that all about then.

Brummie Allan 14-01-2020 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 15059437)
As long as it's yours I see no problem.

pyjamas or garden?

Brummie Allan 14-01-2020 08:18 AM

Opening a thread and start reading posts then I realise I'm on post 10 of 30,710 and 6 years ago

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 14-01-2020 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brummie Allan (Post 15059448)
Opening a thread and start reading posts then I realise I'm on post 10 of 30,710 and 6 years ago

You can change settings to open the most recent first.

cezar 15-01-2020 08:10 PM

I hate TV ads - they are to long and stupid, so i purchased netflix and don't watch ads anymore

Maidstoned Eagle 17-01-2020 01:23 PM

Spanish bureaucracy, here is my experience of switching my UK/EU licence to a Spanish one. Something I didn't need to do until a bunch of blinkered, right wing ****wits voted for a Brexit. The "Kaz" in this rant is my wife.

Go to Trafico in October to sort licence as bloke Kaz employed is rubbish. Can't do mine AND kazs as we needed 2 separate appointments. Hand my licence in, hear nothing, go back in December, because useless **** employed by Kaz is a useless ****, to find out what's happening. Useless **** doesnt turn up, therefore Bureacratic shitehawks wont give me info as I need useless **** there to give permission to bureaucratic shitehawks to process application. They do tell me that some paperwork needed signing, which I signed.

Useless **** still hasn't heard anything so go to see bureaucratic shitehawks again today, this time useless **** turns up with sob story that it's his birthday and he was supposed to be out with friends. I give him a look that tells him no ****s are actually being given. Wait 1 hour until bureaucratic shitehawks decide to tell us that my licence hasn't been processed as it is missing a photo...a photo THEY have lost. They didnt attempt to inform us of this until now. Go with Useless **** to get photo. Go back to bureaucratic shitehawks and hand photo in. Make useless **** tell bureaucratic shitehawks to start process now and make me out a temporary licence. This causes much huffing and puffing and stomping from bureaucratic shitehawks. I tell them that I need a temporary licence and that they have had MY licence since October and if I got fined I Would be denouncing the whole of Trafico. Bureaucratic Shitehawks nervously laugh, as does useless ****. I assure them both that I am absolutely ******* serious. Half an hour later I emerge with temporary licence and am told that "no, they cannot mail a new licence to my po box address and it has to be collected " I assure them that this is something they must definitely CAN do as they dispatched my wife's licence in December to our p.o. box.

Leave trafico, Useless **** then decides this is a good time to discuss his fee........I will let you guess how that conversation went.

CP-RJW 17-01-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brummie Allan (Post 15059447)
pyjamas or garden?

Back garden or ‘back garden?’

CP-RJW 17-01-2020 08:05 PM

This ‘all cops are pigs’ attitude the ‘radical’ left has. I can understand not liking the police as an institution, particularly in somewhere like the US. But I’m not so keen on the Nazis either, does that mean I have to hate Oskar Schindler?

It’s just modern day politics in a nutshell, always black and white to many people. No nuance.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 17-01-2020 08:13 PM

Smelly arse/fanny waft when you're going at it doggy style.

Nostrils 17-01-2020 08:33 PM

Washing the garlic crusher :hmph:

Bipe 17-01-2020 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 15063690)

Oh to savour that aroma just one more time before I die...

PALACEWU 17-01-2020 08:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 15063693)

Do the funky chicken :love:

PALACEWU 17-01-2020 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cezar (Post 15061543)
I hate TV ads - they are to long and stupid, so i purchased netflix and don't watch ads anymore

Post of the thread.

Worksop Palace 17-01-2020 08:41 PM

Quote:

Hedgehog 17-01-2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 15063693)

Is that a euphemism?

bigend1 17-01-2020 08:43 PM

Quote:

Omfg I hate that!

Once you notice it you can’t think of anything else :sob::(

You gotta make it seem like you are going for a sexy change of position to get away from it. It’s not over then though because you have to avoid making it obvious you are thumbing in the resulting semi! :D

Reps AJ 17-01-2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Well said, but dont let it get to you. You dont want to be too stressed when you fly off to Hong Kong for your holiday.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 17-01-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

I never expected my dog to bathe herself, so I don’t really know what you’re annoyed at

GorBlimey 17-01-2020 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 15063779)
Well said, but dont let it get to you. You dont want to be too stressed when you fly off to Hong Kong for your holiday.

I'm not.

I sent a message to Meghan and Harry arguing that we should initiate a campaign against the riff raff using their hard earned to spend on leisure travel.

We've agreed to discuss the topic in more detail when we meet up in the Caribbean - they're a bit too busy "existing" in Canada right now.

Worksop Palace 18-01-2020 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 15063856)
I'm not.

I sent a message to Meghan and Harry arguing that we should initiate a campaign against the riff raff using their hard earned to spend on leisure travel.

We've agreed to discuss the topic in more detail when we meet up in the Caribbean - they're a bit too busy "existing" in Canada right now.

Don’t do drugs kids

Reps AJ 18-01-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15064247)
Don’t do drugs kids

Be kind. He's got a lot on his plate complaining about people eating McDonald's killing the planet whilst arranging to fly half way round the world for a holiday.

Worksop Palace 18-01-2020 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 15064273)
Be kind. He's got a lot on his plate complaining about people eating McDonald's killing the planet whilst arranging to fly half way round the world for a holiday.

An excellent point my dear old thing

Nostrils 18-01-2020 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15063709)
Is that a euphemism?

You might just be right spikey one.

Another thing that's p!ssing me off, is customers now using WhatsApp, especially late evening and weekends, maybe because they can see when I'm 'online' and therefore available. They contact me via landline, mobile, text, email and now ******* WhatsApp, I'm expecting a carrier pigeon tapping at my window one morning.

I guess my main gripe's more about some, not all, people having no respect for out of hours contact, or even worse "Sorry to contact you on a Sunday, but" No you're not, you don't give a damn. 7:30-19:00 Monday-Friday and Saturday morning is more than enough time unless it's an emergency.

chrisophiex 18-01-2020 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 15064295)

Another thing that's p!ssing me off, is customers now using WhatsApp, especially late evening and weekends, maybe because they can see when I'm 'online' and therefore available. They contact me via landline, mobile, text, email and now ******* WhatsApp, I'm expecting a carrier pigeon tapping at my window one morning.

I guess my main gripe's more about some, not all, people having no respect for out of hours contact, or even worse "Sorry to contact you on a Sunday, but" No you're not, you don't give a damn. 7:30-19:00 Monday-Friday and Saturday morning is more than enough time unless it's an emergency.

Totally agree. However, sometimes I guess people just want to get into the queue, and message you while they remember.

I’ve learned to stop looking at messages and voicemails after 6...but WhatsApp does feel intrusive because I associate it with friends, not customers.

Maidstoned Eagle 18-01-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Imagine, people wanting a blow job outside of.office hours...disgraceful.

art malice 18-01-2020 11:11 AM

Quote:

Change your WhatsApp setting so they can’t see you’re online, the nosy wankers

Stellavista 18-01-2020 11:15 AM

The tons of Eco shit I get sent on social media, about the effects of HS2 on biodiversity in the rural areas of the planned route. None of these middle class yoghurt knitters gave a shit when my children's school was demolished in Euston to make way for it.

Nostrils 18-01-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 15064359)
Totally agree. However, sometimes I guess people just want to get into the queue, and message you while they remember.

I’ve learned to stop looking at messages and voicemails after 6...but WhatsApp does feel intrusive because I associate it with friends, not customers.

Exactly, it's the Whatsapp thing that does me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15064436)
Imagine, people wanting a blow job outside of.office hours...disgraceful.

Like I say, it's only emergencies that are acceptable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 15064439)
Change your WhatsApp setting so they can’t see you’re online, the nosy wankers

Interesting, thanks. I changed the 'last visited' thing, but didn't realise you could do that!

Stellavista 18-01-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

You want to be paying that goat herder a few more shekels to keep his animals clean.

art malice 18-01-2020 11:56 AM

Think it’s on ‘last seen’ from memory

Nostrils 18-01-2020 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 15064501)
Think it’s on ‘last seen’ from memory

:p

Crofty 18-01-2020 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15063709)
Is that a euphemism?

crushing the garlic washer?;)

cantspell 18-01-2020 09:28 PM

Micah Richards - embarrassing today shite pundit

Olympian2 18-01-2020 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantspell (Post 15066468)

Beat me to it. He’s as thick as mince. Could barely contain his disgust when we equalised.

Grudgingly admits that Aguero is a decent player & then is wanking himself about him as soon as he scores twice.

Leopald Stotch 18-01-2020 10:32 PM

My music is all stored digitally. That is how I know I have over 20,000 songs on file. But it really pisses me off that there is still so much music that I have never experienced.

Every so often I will find something I have never heard before, and that will take me on an amazing journey through a previously unheard porthole. And as much as I love this, I just can't help but feel sad that there is still so much I am missing.

Roadblock 18-01-2020 10:32 PM

Quote:

Thought it was just me. He's all over 5 Live's coverage as well. Unlistenable. It also annoys me that he's my son's namesake.

cappuccinoeagle 18-01-2020 10:35 PM

Quote:

Seems a nice chap, but states the bleeding obvious.

CP-RJW 18-01-2020 10:55 PM

I was watching a channel which had Tim Sherwood in the studio. Anyone know who the Irish sounding commentator was? Utter wanker spunking over City.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 19-01-2020 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadblock (Post 15066535)
Thought it was just me. He's all over 5 Live's coverage as well. Unlistenable. It also annoys me that he's my son's namesake.

Exactly how do you become an expert pundit ? Is it a case of stating the bleeding obvious in a knowing voice a la Jim ,what am I here for Beglin .

Maidstoned Eagle 19-01-2020 11:02 AM

Spanish commentators on Dazn love us. :D

PIE "N" MASH 19-01-2020 03:32 PM

All this "county lines" bollox.We get more like the septics every week:jerkit:

pallet 19-01-2020 03:53 PM

As normal the Police blow the issue out of proportion to try and again more funding

BERT'S HEAD 19-01-2020 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 15068014)
As normal the Police blow the issue out of proportion to try and again more funding

Tight git Sting, he's worth millions.

remmer 19-01-2020 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopald Stotch (Post 15066534)
My music is all stored digitally. That is how I know I have over 20,000 songs on file. But it really pisses me off that there is still so much music that I have never experienced.

Every so often I will find something I have never heard before, and that will take me on an amazing journey through a previously unheard porthole. And as much as I love this, I just can't help but feel sad that there is still so much I am missing.

I've always thought about this. The amount of music grows exponentially year by year. In the '50s and '60s there was a finite amount of 'modern' music which someone could, in theory, know all about. Now, when you include all the music of the past 50/60 years, that is impossible.

Maidstoned Eagle 19-01-2020 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopald Stotch (Post 15066534)

Listening to any of Paulos reccomendations will soon cure you of this.

GorBlimey 19-01-2020 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15067549)
Spanish commentators on Dazn love us. :D

Watching football with a Central/South American commentary is a batshit crazy experience that everyone should have at least once in their lives - especially if it's Palace.

Wonderful! :D

WLYWLYAWYPWF 20-01-2020 02:23 PM

Untuck it dot com adverts and whole concept. Is there anyone that f*cking stupid they'd pay extra for a shirt thats designed to be untucked? I keep thinking the ads are a parody on a sketch show.

Hedgehog 20-01-2020 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 15069539)
Untuck it dot com adverts and whole concept. Is there anyone that f*cking stupid they'd pay extra for a shirt thats designed to be untucked? I keep thinking the ads are a parody on a sketch show.

The concept seems on par with new jeans with ripped knees.

My own annoyance of the day is getting a song stuck in your head on repeat cycle...

chateauferret 20-01-2020 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15069685)
The concept seems on par with new jeans with ripped knees.

My own annoyance of the day is getting a song stuck in your head on repeat cycle...

Depends which song it is. I'm currently stuck with Cadiz from the Suite Española no 1 by Albeniz. Not too bad.

Jim Cannon 20-01-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 15069539)

Good call

Hedgehog 20-01-2020 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 15069878)
Depends which song it is. I'm currently stuck with Cadiz from the Suite Española no 1 by Albeniz. Not too bad.

Not sure I've ever got a classical piece stuck in my head... I'll have to give that a try!

Sounds far more civilized than Donna Summer's Love to Love You Baby!

Hedgehog 22-01-2020 09:16 PM

The hoops you have to go through when someone changes their email address.

Not blaming the person, as I'm sure they are not very happy about it... but all my devices, despite changing and deleting the old address from contacts and address books, still they insist on using the old one, and then adding the old one back into the contacts as an alternative.

Finally figured out you have to remove the old one from a recalled list which you access via the information icon and scroll the the bottom off of the screen.

I know, I know... who emails anymore? Me apparently.

Hedgehog 23-01-2020 06:54 PM

Along the same lines, and maybe this should be on the iPhone thread, the way the iPhone groups an email string together under one email.

The sequence seems somewhat hard to follow, and easy to miss an email that a person sends you in the string.

Knowing you saw something, but now it seems to have disappeared has lead to some thoughts that I'm going crazy more than once, which is probably true anyway, but that's another story.

TopKnot 23-01-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15076188)
Along the same lines, and maybe this should be on the iPhone thread, the way the iPhone groups an email string together under one email.

The sequence seems somewhat hard to follow, and easy to miss an email that a person sends you in the string.

Knowing you saw something, but now it seems to have disappeared has lead to some thoughts that I'm going crazy more than once, which is probably true anyway, but that's another story.

Untick ‘organise by thread’ in the email settings

Hedgehog 23-01-2020 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 15076211)
Untick ‘organise by thread’ in the email settings

Doh! Well that was too easy.

Thank you!

little al 23-01-2020 11:23 PM

Don't buy Apple

ulysses 24-01-2020 12:40 PM

People very helpfully saying "Oooh, look, you've gone all red!" when I go red.

Sick Bucket 24-01-2020 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 15068207)
Watching football with a Central/South American commentary is a batshit crazy experience that everyone should have at least once in their lives - especially if it's Palace.

Wonderful! :D

I watched the City game with Argentinian commentary...

GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAALL, GOOOAL, GOOOAAAL de Kris Tal PAl leeece!!!!!

CT_Palace 24-01-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 15076877)
I watched the City game with Argentinian commentary...

GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAALL, GOOOAL, GOOOAAAL de Kris Tal PAl leeece!!!!!

Then you weren't listening properly. They never say Palis as we pronounce Palace.
Always phonetic in Spanish so - Palas with the A's pronounced as in hat. (although they do drop the final E, strictly spanish speaking it should be palaceh)

Maidstoned Eagle 24-01-2020 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15076915)
Then you weren't listening properly. They never say Palis as we pronounce Palace.
Always phonetic in Spanish so - Palas with the A's pronounced as in hat. (although they do drop the final E, strictly spanish speaking it should be palaceh)

I like the Dazn commentators continually calling Max Meyer "Maximillian" :D

Hedgehog 24-01-2020 04:19 PM

It was a while back, but pretty sure while watching a Palace game on a Mexican feed, they called the Holmesdale Fanatics, Palace Hooligans!

Vince Hilaire's Afro 24-01-2020 07:02 PM

Is there a ‘modern’ car whose space under the driver’s seat isn’t a black hole for any contents of your pockets that might fall out?

You’ve got to pull over just to retrieve your phone or crack pipe

CT_Palace 24-01-2020 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15076947)
I like the Dazn commentators continually calling Max Meyer "Maximillian" :D

To be more topical to the thread title is how they pronounce Zaha that annoys me.
Not Zarhar as we say but Zaka (a as in hat remember, and that slightly guttural H that Spanish speakers use that makes it sound like a K)

Mind you, they do a much better job with Guaita than most English commentators :D

Son of Selhurst 24-01-2020 10:12 PM

Quote:

Chocky? Is that you, sir?

Hedgehog 24-01-2020 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15077255)
... Mind you, they do a much better job with Guaita than most English commentators :D

I was going to ask you how they pronounce his name. :)

PeterH 24-01-2020 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15077145)
Is there a ‘modern’ car whose space under the driver’s seat isn’t a black hole for any contents of your pockets that might fall out?

You’ve got to pull over just to retrieve your phone or crack pipe

Good call.

CT_Palace 24-01-2020 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15077280)
I was going to ask you how they pronounce his name. :)

Gwa-ee-ta
The gua sound has a very soft g. You've probably heard it when a Spanish speaker says "well" or "what" - there's often a soft g at the beginning. Here in Chile babies get called guaguas The sound a baby makes when crying, that sort of caricature waa-waa-waa-waa is written guagua and used as a word to mean baby. So you see the g has to be really soft to make that "waa" sound of crying, not a hard G.

Hedgehog 24-01-2020 10:52 PM

Thanks... So there's a lot of guagua on this site? :rolleyes:

CT_Palace 24-01-2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15077301)
Thanks... So there's a lot of guagua on this site? :rolleyes:

guaguas - plural = babies (if that's what you meant)

And one last thing about Guaita. the "ta" at the end has no hint of an er (schwa), ar, or ah sound. It's a straight ta with the a as in hat.

Maidstoned Eagle 25-01-2020 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15077255)
To be more topical to the thread title is how they pronounce Zaha that annoys me.
Not Zarhar as we say but Zaka (a as in hat remember, and that slightly guttural H that Spanish speakers use that makes it sound like a K)

Mind you, they do a much better job with Guaita than most English commentators :D

Hmm, can't say Ive heard that.

pallet 25-01-2020 07:56 AM

Streaks on instagram (i think) my daugthers and wife have to do them everyday or its the end of the world

bubbs11 25-01-2020 08:29 AM

Arabic commentators.

Only decent stream for our game I could find the other day was with an Arabic speaking commentator. Really off putting cos he never shut up. All you hear is an incessant barrage of very loud and aggressive guttural speech with an undertone of menace that quite frankly makes you a little scared. Yes the ‘war on terrorism’ has done its job.

All I could understand were the players and team names. He repeated the words ‘Crystal Palace’ every 10 seconds or so, and there was one point where he seem to list as many English football teams as he could in one minute. Lord knows what he was talking about...sorry I meant Allah knows.

Coastal Palace 25-01-2020 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15077424)
Arabic commentators.

Only decent stream for our game I could find the other day was with an Arabic speaking commentator. Really off putting cos he never shut up. All you hear is an incessant barrage of very loud and aggressive guttural speech with an undertone of menace that quite frankly makes you a little scared. Yes the ‘war on terrorism’ has done its job.

All I could understand were the players and team names. He repeated the words ‘Crystal Palace’ every 10 seconds or so, and there was one point where he seem to list as many English football teams as he could in one minute. Lord knows what he was talking about...sorry I meant Allah knows.

It's ;like they've been told to never stop talking and come up for breath.

ExiledStirling 25-01-2020 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15077424)
Arabic commentators.

When you hear two people speaking Arabic it always sounds like they are coming to blows. Then you find out they were talking about how mild the weather is for this time of year.

CT_Palace 25-01-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15077397)
Hmm, can't say Ive heard that.

To be specific, Argentinian commentators

Maidstoned Eagle 25-01-2020 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15077513)

Puta che.

Maidstoned Eagle 25-01-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15077445)
When you hear two people speaking Arabic it always sounds like they are coming to blows. Then you find out they were talking about how mild the weather is for this time of year.

You wanna hear Andalucians having a chat.

bubbs11 25-01-2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15077445)

These foreigners really need to have a volume button insterted in their vocal chords. My Greek Uncle and Auntie were like fog horns. Remember once being over their place when I was younger; my cousin had brought over his girlfriend for the first time and after a few minutes she started to look very uncomfortable and quite frankly, terrified. She said to my cousin, ‘Oh it’s terrible. Why are your parents fighting?’; he looked bemused, ‘What do you mean fighting? They’re just chatting.’

CP-RJW 25-01-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15077534)

Yeah as far as stereotypes go, Hispanic women would take the loudness crown.

Salad_Burnet 25-01-2020 07:00 PM

Costa Coffee trying to palm me off with a stale raspberry and almond bake. Try it again and I will complain to central office. It's outrageous. There were loads of cakes there, all it does is put people off buying one because they don't want to risk being given one that's stale, so for all their salvaging and penny-pinching, it's actually a false economy.

Lombardarian 25-01-2020 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet (Post 15077926)
Costa Coffee trying to palm me off with a stale raspberry and almond bake. Try it again and I will complain to central office. It's outrageous. There were loads of cakes there, all it does is put people off buying one because they don't want to risk being given one that's stale, so for all their salvaging and penny-pinching, it's actually a false economy.

Reminds me of a Mexican takeaway place to Sutton high street a while back. They started out with great interest and long queues at lunchtime but I refused to go there as they were so needlessly stingy even items like red peppers - which cost relatively next to nothing. It closed down after a year after having so much potential

chateauferret 25-01-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15077513)

Goooooooooooooooooooooooool gol gol gol gol gol gol gol *gasp* *puff* gol gol gol gol goooooooooooooooool gol gol *cough* *splutter* gol de eh ... ¿que?

I was in Corsica during the 1996 Euros and I watched one of the France matches on the village television set which they had set up in the main square. The commentary was pathetic. It went on in a low mumble the whole time along the lines of "euh il porte maintenant les jolies euh bottes jaunes, n'est-ce pas, qu'elles sont jolies, elles, mais il semblait préferer les bleues, eh bein, je suppose parce-qu'elles aussi, elles sont assez jolies, mais je ne sais pas, euh, moi, quelles sont les plus belles. Euh, Claude, qu'est-ce que vous pensez, vous, euh, les bleues ou les jaunes? Eh? Quoi?" And so on and so on for two hours without drawing breath or saying anything.

cappuccinoeagle 25-01-2020 08:39 PM

People, mainly on Facebook , making jokes about Coronavirus. Not great.

ExiledStirling 25-01-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 15077991)
People, mainly on Facebook , making jokes about Coronavirus. Not great.

I cannot believe they were all bad, surely at least one made you snigger.

Maz 25-01-2020 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15077534)

Or perhaps ask Arabs what English speakers sound like. One once told me it was like listening to a yard full of chickens.

norwoodeagle 25-01-2020 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15077622)
Yeah as far as stereotypes go, Hispanic women would take the loudness crown.

My Portuguese neighbours would give them a run for their money.
No matter what time of day or night, the volume is at 11.

Stellavista 25-01-2020 09:26 PM

'Hipster Breakfast'. What the F**k is a 'Hipster Breakfast'? Beard shavings on cornflakes?

PIE "N" MASH 25-01-2020 09:33 PM

Popped into Wimpy today for breakfast,absolute shite.Will never go again:frown:

Stellavista 25-01-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH (Post 15078036)
Popped into Wimpy today for breakfast,absolute shite.Will never go again:frown:

Do they still do the weird curvy sausage thing?

Maidstoned Eagle 25-01-2020 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15078008)
Or perhaps ask Arabs what English speakers sound like. One once told me it was like listening to a yard full of chickens.

Nah, Im.good thanks.

PIE "N" MASH 25-01-2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15078039)

Yes they do,Dawn had it on her plate.Deep fried and tasteless.

BERT'S HEAD 25-01-2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15078039)

The infamous Bender Brunch is now a Bender in a bun.