CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Terrace Bickle 07-11-2016 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13306125)
Roundabouts.
Why the f*ck don't people know how to negotiate them anymore?

Like someone said earlier on this thread, they're too busy on Facebook. The amount of clueless drivers does appear to be on the increase, but it must be horrendous being a learner or inexperienced driver these days.

CT_Palace 07-11-2016 06:28 PM

The wife.


Can't find her passport.
Me: Where do you think it could be?
Her: In a folder
Me:Where's the folder?
Her: I think it could be in a box in the office
Me thinks: ok perhaps take a look in the box.

She procedes to turn the bedroom over

3hours later:
Me: have you found it yet?
Her surrounded by an almighty mess: no, I think I'll have to get a new one
Me: so it wasn't in the box in the office?
Her: I haven't looked there yet


Guess where it was?

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::grrr::grrr::grrr:

Chocky 07-11-2016 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13306125)
Roundabouts.
Why the f*ck don't people know how to negotiate them anymore?

Even worse when they hire a car in Spain and go mental when faced with a roundabout. Some just stop in the middle of it to work out why their brain is a complete c*nt.

Reps AJ 07-11-2016 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 13306207)
The wife.


Can't find her passport.
Me: Where do you think it could be?
Her: In a folder
Me:Where's the folder?
Her: I think it could be in a box in the office
Me thinks: ok perhaps take a look in the box.

She procedes to turn the bedroom over

3hours later:
Me: have you found it yet?
Her surrounded by an almighty mess: no, I think I'll have to get a new one
Me: so it wasn't in the box in the office?
Her: I haven't looked there yet


Guess where it was?

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::grrr::grrr::grrr:

Was it in the bedroom?

cappuccinoeagle 07-11-2016 07:20 PM

Ashley Barnes ex Brighton twat
Pardew

Wolfnipplechips 07-11-2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy (Post 13306130)
The Pardew haters. I can't tell them apart from the Brexiteers.

There is an alarming correlation.

Not sure if statistically robust but .....

gcwhite 07-11-2016 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy (Post 13306130)
The Pardew haters. I can't tell them apart from the Brexiteers.

Hold on Ruskin.

I am not a Pardew hater but I did vote leave.

glenn.f 07-11-2016 07:40 PM

That bleeding horrible phone interference noise down your speaker. All the way home tonight when i had my phone music running through my auxilliary lead it was going off constantly. Once i'm clear of the city and along the A47 it gets ten times worse and drives me crackers.

Ruskin Old Boy 07-11-2016 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 13306276)
There is an alarming correlation.

Not sure if statistically robust but .....


My sociology dissertation at Sussex University got a first. The statistics in it were robust though I'd be the first to admit that the principles behind my conclusions were based on one of Durkheim's more anthropological texts.

Would I get a first today for it, probably not but my annoyance is probably higher.

Wolfnipplechips 07-11-2016 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy (Post 13306394)
My sociology dissertation at Sussex University got a first. The statistics in it were robust though I'd be the first to admit that the principles behind my conclusions were based on one of Durkheim's more anthropological texts.

Would I get a first today for it, probably not but my annoyance is probably higher.

I haven't got a clue what you're on about ROB...:p

I also got a first for my dissertation at the University of Brighton......but I can't remember what that was about either.:D

Ruskin Old Boy 07-11-2016 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 13306475)
I haven't got a clue what you're on about ROB...:p

I also got a first for my dissertation at the University of Brighton......but I can't remember what that was about either.:D

Anyone who's studied Durkheim will know what I'm talking about. :sunglasses: :vader: :D

Chester 07-11-2016 09:55 PM

My work colleague washes everything up in the sink apart from my mug. Its harder to wash around it than it is to actually wash it I think.

I dont even want her to wash it but its now a battle of wills as to who relents first. Today she has to battle against a new foe in a second mug i have added.

Your move lady.

Yoda 07-11-2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chester (Post 13306494)
My work colleague washes everything up in the sink apart from my mug. Its harder to wash around it than it is to actually wash it I think.

I dont even want her to wash it but its now a battle of wills as to who relents first. Today she has to battle against a new foe in a second mug i have added.

Your move lady.

Do you wash her mug when it's your turn to do the washing up?

BB Bob 07-11-2016 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy (Post 13306489)
Anyone who's studied Durkheim will know what I'm talking about. :sunglasses: :vader: :D

Pretentious.......moi?

:D

WLYWLYAWYPWF 07-11-2016 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chester (Post 13306494)
My work colleague washes everything up in the sink apart from my mug. Its harder to wash around it than it is to actually wash it I think.

I dont even want her to wash it but its now a battle of wills as to who relents first. Today she has to battle against a new foe in a second mug i have added.

Your move lady.

I'd wash her mug then rub my bell end around all 360 degrees of the rim. :p

Salad_Burnet 07-11-2016 10:38 PM

I'm annoyed by work colleagues who use washing up liquid to clean their mugs. What, did you mix an oily dressing in it for your lunch or something?

Water and a couple of hands are all that's needed to clean out a mug, not detergent.

Chester 07-11-2016 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 13306522)
Do you wash her mug when it's your turn to do the washing up?

If its in the sink of course, i wash everything up like a normal person whether its mine or not.

Oli28 07-11-2016 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chester (Post 13306548)
If its in the sink of course, i wash everything up like a normal person whether its mine or not.

Sod that

Chester 07-11-2016 10:48 PM

Its only an office of 4 people so its hardly a chore (apart for one person it seems)

Yoda 07-11-2016 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chester (Post 13306548)
If its in the sink of course, i wash everything up like a normal person whether its mine or not.

Any idea why she's avoiding your mug then?

Seems odd behaviour if there's no reason.

Chester 07-11-2016 11:27 PM

Its a Palace mug too :(

Have i just found out i work with a weed? Eurgh.

Honestly, we get on fine as colleagues so no issues there its like some bizarre tick she has

KYLIE MINEAGLE 08-11-2016 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy (Post 13306394)
My sociology dissertation at Sussex University got a first. The statistics in it were robust though I'd be the first to admit that the principles behind my conclusions were based on one of Durkheim's more anthropological texts.

Would I get a first today for it, probably not but my annoyance is probably higher.

Having just read that I feel like Prince George in Blackadder where Doctor Johnston (Robbie Coltrane) is trying to explain his dictionary. Just throw in some mother tongue and we're there.:confused:

Terrace Bickle 08-11-2016 06:13 PM

Grown (able bodied) adults who claim they are unable to change a fluorescent tube. WTF have they been doing all their lives.

Oldtown Eagle 08-11-2016 06:49 PM

While this thread is popular. Do you ever wake up with the hump, angry over nothing in particular, but just fancy fighting the pillow and cannot shake it off all day. I will be better tomorrow.

sherrifbart 08-11-2016 07:10 PM

I used to work with a woman who used to randomly steal other folks food,milk etc.from the fridge,when one of the lads confronted her about it she was very "so what"about it,the lads didnt want to report her for it,but a couple of the wilder young bucks deceided to take revenge,As she was always in before anyone else,they doctored the milk left in the fridge,they added spit,snot piss ,knob wipings,and for good measure,two sleeping tablets,When every one else arrived at starting time,the woman was found looking absolutely green with sickness,and spent the rest of the day snoring at her desk,a bit harsh,possibly dangerous,but the thieving stopped there.

Terrace Bickle 08-11-2016 09:39 PM

******* Christmas adverts, I've only just finished trying to ignore Halloween and Guy Fawkes night.

fioreuk 08-11-2016 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 13307699)
While this thread is popular. Do you ever wake up with the hump, angry over nothing in particular, but just fancy fighting the pillow and cannot shake it off all day. I will be better tomorrow.

Every flucking day.

andyocpfc 08-11-2016 10:01 PM

Bed decorations. We have two cushions and a bed runner at the bottom that lays on top of the quilt. We're the only two that ever see it and have to put it on and off everyday [emoji3]

Oli28 08-11-2016 10:09 PM

The fact that my house is still bloody freezing despite having had the radiators on all evening.

Terrace Bickle 08-11-2016 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oli28 (Post 13308048)
The fact that my house is still bloody freezing despite having had the radiators on all evening.

Close the windows?

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 09-11-2016 08:59 AM

Toilet visit frequency and purpose chat at neighbouring breakfast table.
Oh the glamours of cheap hotels in the north.

firesign 09-11-2016 09:54 AM

Clingfilm

pallet 09-11-2016 10:06 AM

Hate Clingfilm. Who invented it and why does it never never come off the roll thing?

Olympian2 09-11-2016 12:02 PM

Over attentive waiters/waitresses who stand two feet behind me and top up my drink every time I take a sip.

I'm 47, I can pour my own ******* drink, thanks.

Chocky 09-11-2016 03:05 PM

Everyone at the Clinton rally in tears and shock, the same image as people who had just watched the Space Shuttle blow up.

richdeniro 09-11-2016 03:32 PM

Hysterical people on social media especially from grown adults who have lived through tons of elections and don't seem to realise that it isn't the end of the world and life generally does go on.

JohnInTheUSA 09-11-2016 03:51 PM

Right now? America

Salad_Burnet 09-11-2016 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe (Post 13308816)
Toilet visit frequency and purpose chat at neighbouring breakfast table.
Oh the glamours of cheap hotels in the north.

What is 'purpose chat'?

Martin H 09-11-2016 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet (Post 13309642)
What is 'purpose chat'?

Stop it - You really shouldn't dolphin to someone else's business....... :D

Icy 09-11-2016 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richdeniro (Post 13309438)
Hysterical people on social media especially from grown adults who have lived through tons of elections and don't seem to realise that it isn't the end of the world and life generally does go on.

Good shout. Some of the over the top reactions by the press and public over here are ludicrous. Most have no idea of policies and are purely going on personality and public opinion anyway. Yes, Trump is a bit of a **** but Hillary isnt much better.

The really ******* annoying ones are the idiots that think this is some kind of class / race / anti-facisim war and Trumps election is some kind of call to arms.

CT_Palace 09-11-2016 07:53 PM

Holiday season coming up and therefore all the new movies about to be released are being advertised on tv.
Apparently EVERY ******* one, we're told, is the "best film of the year".

Polak 09-11-2016 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 13308027)
Bed decorations. We have two cushions and a bed runner at the bottom that lays on top of the quilt. We're the only two that ever see it and have to put it on and off everyday [emoji3]

We've got exactly the same. I've always thought what the **** for and it must only be us who goes through this daily palaver so glad to see you go through it as well. I assume that you take no part in this nonsense and expect the crap to be removed from the bed when you want to lie down otherwise it gets launched across the room. I showed my wife your post and she said that's nice. Well, she would, wouldn't she.

Oli28 09-11-2016 10:05 PM

The Last Leg (c4 comedy show).

TopKnot 09-11-2016 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oli28 (Post 13309948)
The Last Leg (c4 comedy show).

agreed, its crap. none of the people on it are funny. don't know how its still on.

Panther 09-11-2016 10:26 PM

Jeremy Vine and his sodding graphics.

Hedgehog 10-11-2016 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 13309796)
Holiday season coming up and therefore all the new movies about to be released are being advertised on tv.
Apparently EVERY ******* one, we're told, is the "best film of the year".

And they all seem heavy on the special effects.

Reps AJ 10-11-2016 02:52 AM

People who bomplsin about specific TV programmes. There's a gazillion other sides to watch, or go read a book

Far East Eagle 10-11-2016 02:53 AM

People on social media who will shoot down anyone pro-Trump/Brexit and label them a fascist etc. and then wonder why people don't openly support Trump/Brexit. Liberal fascists.

Far East Eagle 10-11-2016 02:55 AM

People, including waiters who don't know that 'testing the wine' in a restaurant is to see if it is corked and corked alone. "Oh this one is lovely" "Is that to your taste, sir?" Idiots.

nash84 10-11-2016 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Far East Eagle (Post 13310116)
People, including waiters who don't know that 'testing the wine' in a restaurant is to see if it is corked and corked alone. "Oh this one is lovely" "Is that to your taste, sir?" Idiots.

Hahahaha...especially when it is screw cap

nash84 10-11-2016 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 13306558)
Any idea why she's avoiding your mug then?

Seems odd behaviour if there's no reason.

Women have been avoiding my mug for years. Still haven't understood why? May be the untrimmed beard

GorBlimey 10-11-2016 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 13309796)
Holiday season coming up and therefore all the new movies about to be released are being advertised on tv.
Apparently EVERY ******* one, we're told, is the "best film of the year".

People who call Christmas the "Holiday Season" or the "Holidays".

It's f*cking Christmas and if you're so politically correct that you cannot call it Christmas then f*ck off!

I'd wish you all a Merry Christmas but it's far too early and another thing that annoys me is people who do that too early and those that wish you a "Happy New Year" in the middle of January.

F*ck right off!

Chris K 10-11-2016 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 13310150)
People who call Christmas the "Holiday Season" or the "Holidays".

It's f*cking Christmas and if you're so politically correct that you cannot call it Christmas then f*ck off!

I'd wish you all a Merry Christmas but it's far too early and another thing that annoys me is people who do that too early and those that wish you a "Happy New Year" in the middle of January.

F*ck right off!

I've heard more people complaining that it's not Christmas, only November than I have heard say it's Christmas or bringing it up in conversation.

Ps Happy New Year

Jordan's Jacket 10-11-2016 01:00 PM

Metallic pin poppies (I'm certian people put them in their drawers and reuse them each year).

They also look crap

art malice 10-11-2016 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 13310150)
People who call Christmas the "Holiday Season" or the "Holidays".

It's f*cking Christmas and if you're so politically correct that you cannot call it Christmas then f*ck off!

I'd wish you all a Merry Christmas but it's far too early and another thing that annoys me is people who do that too early and those that wish you a "Happy New Year" in the middle of January.

F*ck right off!

That's you knocked off his holiday season card list

CT_Palace 10-11-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 13310150)
People who call Christmas the "Holiday Season" or the "Holidays".

It's f*cking Christmas and if you're so politically correct that you cannot call it Christmas then f*ck off!

I'd wish you all a Merry Christmas but it's far too early and another thing that annoys me is people who do that too early and those that wish you a "Happy New Year" in the middle of January.

F*ck right off!

Oh **** off you knob.
Having your home away from home here in the US you should know the period from Thanksgiving through to Christmas New year is called the holiday season (plural) because there's more than one public and/or religious holiday in short order.

Wolfnipplechips 10-11-2016 01:44 PM

Excessive nasal hair.

Chocky 10-11-2016 03:02 PM

I know I've bangs on about this twice but Idris f*cking Elba. 'Ahh man'. It's got to he stage now I bastard hate him almost every ad break ever sometimes twice with that poxy Sky Q box. Akin to someone knocking on your door 20 times a day trying to sell you shit you don't want. 'Ahh man'. Please stop FFS and go and solve some bastard murder before I murder you myself you f*cking c*nt.

Steamy 10-11-2016 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket (Post 13310644)
Metallic pin poppies (I'm certian people put them in their drawers and reuse them each year).

They also look crap

They are generally made with the year on them now; you can spot the re-users.

I tend to go through about 5 paper poppies a year through damage or them falling off and me not noticing. Am quite happy wearing the metal pin this year.

Steamy 10-11-2016 03:08 PM

People 'writing open letters' to their sons/daughters/younger selves, when what they are actually trying to do is make a statement in a newspaper, magazine, etc.

nickgusset 10-11-2016 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 13310811)
I know I've bangs on about this twice but Idris f*cking Elba. 'Ahh man'. It's got to he stage now I bastard hate him almost every ad break ever sometimes twice with that poxy Sky Q box. Akin to someone knocking on your door 20 times a day trying to sell you shit you don't want. 'Ahh man'. Please stop FFS and go and solve some bastard murder before I murder you myself you f*cking c*nt.

He only gets away with it in the gusset household because he was Stringer Bell.

Nostrils 10-11-2016 03:10 PM

Dustbinmen building a barricade of bins in front of my van every Thursday - we tip the b@stards at Christmas as well!

EagleSE24 10-11-2016 03:11 PM

Sitting down for a nice relaxing poo at work when a fat person comes in and sits in the next trap. Having to listen to them huffing and puffing as they squeeze one out and expend more energy than at any other point during their day ruins what should be a great moment. Being paid to shit.

Chocky 10-11-2016 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleSE24 (Post 13310836)
Sitting down for a nice relaxing poo at work when a fat person comes in and sits in the next trap. Having to listen to them huffing and puffing as they squeeze one out and expend more energy than at any other point during their day ruins what should be a great moment. Being paid to shit.

Do to him what they do on those prank videos. Tell him there's no toilet paper in your trap and ask him to hand you some paper under the divider. Dip your hand in a jar of Nutella then as you take the paper from him wipe it on his hand. Mind you the fat bastard would probably immediately know its chocolate spread and lick it off his hand. Therefore I suggest using real shit.

foresthillbilly 10-11-2016 04:18 PM

twats like this. You want kids ? Then pay for them

I've also spent shed-loads at restaurants, but never thought to ask for 'freebies' (think of the children. No, you look after your own kids)

publicity-minted twot of a father. Spend your money , like the rest of us hard-workers (without children)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/215754...-old-daughter/

Salad_Burnet 10-11-2016 05:19 PM

People in Christmas clubs when it's time to cash in, and then brag about it relentlessly. Who really needs to spend more than one month's salary at Christmas-time anyway? Two, if you count November. They're like those obnoxious children you see waiting for other children to finish their sweets before disclosing to all and sundry that they've got loads left. The bloke at work has just cashed in 4,000. Unless he's a guilt-ridden child molester, he really doesn't need to go without 400 a month the rest of the year to pay for his two kids at Christmas time. It's bollox.

art malice 10-11-2016 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 13310718)
Excessive nasal hair.

Especially in soups

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 10-11-2016 06:38 PM

Things that annoy you
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13310830)
Dustbinmen building a barricade of bins in front of my van every Thursday - we tip the b@stards at Christmas as well!

We have guerrilla bin-men, that hilariously adopt stealth mode and career down the road 4 hours earlier than the standard 1130 every so often revelling in the peculiarly light workload that day and befuddled why so many vexed people in dressing gowns are visible in their mirrors prowling the streets.

T.C. 10-11-2016 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13310830)
we tip the b@stards at Christmas as well!

Why?

:confused:

cappuccinoeagle 10-11-2016 06:49 PM

Fireworks still going off this week
Metro and Standard - waste of paper
Farage
Trump

Nostrils 10-11-2016 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.C. (Post 13311033)
Why?

:confused:

Because they take my vastly overloaded bins, heavy cardboard (which they're not supposed to) and occasionally bits and pieces from my van that are, strictly speaking, trade waste, which again they could refuse to take. I know quite a few people that tip.

We also give the postie a fiver for not pinching our bills.

Isle of Wight 10-11-2016 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13311041)
Because they take my vastly overloaded bins, heavy cardboard (which they're not supposed to) and occasionally bits and pieces from my van that are, strictly speaking, trade waste, which again they could refuse to take. I know quite a few people that tip.

We also give the postie a fiver for not pinching our bills.

Tip the dustmen or tip their trade waste?

Chris K 11-11-2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steamy (Post 13310824)
People 'writing open letters' to their sons/daughters/younger selves, when what they are actually trying to do is make a statement in a newspaper, magazine, etc.

Oh very much so, just write a ******* statement. Stop thinking you're better and more intellectual than everyone else and that your point of view is so much more important than the thoughts a normal person would say directly to their kid should be heard by all. If it was Morgan Freeman, fair play. Everyone else can bugger off though

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13311041)
Because they take my vastly overloaded bins, heavy cardboard (which they're not supposed to) and occasionally bits and pieces from my van that are, strictly speaking, trade waste, which again they could refuse to take. I know quite a few people that tip.

So essentially you're paying him for breaking the rules?

Maidstoned Eagle 11-11-2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris K (Post 13311719)
So essentially you're paying him for breaking the rules?

Would the word "bribe" be a better substitute?

Maidstoned Eagle 11-11-2016 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Far East Eagle (Post 13310115)
People on social media who will shoot down anyone pro-Trump/Brexit and label them a fascist etc. and then wonder why people don't openly support Trump/Brexit. Liberal fascists.

Fascist

Worksop Palace 11-11-2016 01:32 PM

'Comedians' that go on for 20 minutes too long

Was at a dinner last night. John Siles (Nobbys lad) was the after dinner speaker. Was funny for 15 minutes. Should have sat down after 30. Went on and on and on for 50 and became tedious. Why do these feckers not know when to STFU and sit down ?

Terrace Bickle 11-11-2016 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steamy (Post 13310822)
They are generally made with the year on them now; you can spot the re-users.

I tend to go through about 5 paper poppies a year through damage or them falling off and me not noticing. Am quite happy wearing the metal pin this year.

Surely the people who wear them may have donated again.

Nostrils 11-11-2016 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 13311121)
Tip the dustmen or tip their trade waste?

Ha! The Dustmen.

I'd like to add, there's nothing bad like asbestos, just the odd bit of plastic pipe or lagging.

Nostrils 11-11-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13311800)
Would the word "bribe" be a better substitute?

'Bribe' is such an unsavoury word, I prefer reward.

Tony Montana 11-11-2016 01:57 PM

Homes under the Hammer and the music. It really grips me for some reason

Presenter - this house has mouldy walls
Music - the most obscure song you've ever heard which mentions mould walls somewhere in it's lyrics.

It's like someone has gone onto google and literally typed, lyrics with "XXXXXX" in it.

This happens around 12 times per show.

Nostrils 11-11-2016 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 13311847)
Homes under the Hammer and the music. It really grips me for some reason

Presenter - this house has mouldy walls
Music - the most obscure song you've ever heard which mentions mould walls somewhere in it's lyrics.

It's like someone has gone onto google and literally typed, lyrics with "XXXXXX" in it.

This happens around 12 times per show.

There was another DIY show that used to be on BBC1 that had a shocking theme tune (the one with LLB and was pretty notorious for being sh!t). I later found out the composer's other work was pretty good.

That's it really.

RobertCPFC 11-11-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 13311847)
Homes under the Hammer and the music. It really grips me for some reason

Presenter - this house has mouldy walls
Music - the most obscure song you've ever heard which mentions mould walls somewhere in it's lyrics.

It's like someone has gone onto google and literally typed, lyrics with "XXXXXX" in it.

This happens around 12 times per show.

What I can't understand is why Dion Dublin ever got the chance to present it.

BERT'S HEAD 11-11-2016 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertCPFC (Post 13311880)
What I can't understand is why Dion Dublin ever got the chance to present it.

I know, it's not like he ever played for West Ham either.

Stellavista 11-11-2016 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 13310695)
Oh **** off you knob.
Having your home away from home here in the US you should know the period from Thanksgiving through to Christmas New year is called the holiday season (plural) because there's more than one public and/or religious holiday in short order.

I assumed he was talking about the UK, not your bang out of order colony. :)

Chocky 11-11-2016 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13311896)
I assumed he was talking about the UK, not your bang out of order colony. :)

Donald may well be getting rid of political correctness but they will still say Mas Cow instead of Moscow. And erbs and f*cking bayzil instead of basil.

Bayzil Fawlty my arse.

biggus mickus 11-11-2016 03:26 PM

They will also say color instead of colour.
I make em bloody right too.

Chocky 11-11-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus mickus (Post 13311941)
They will also say color instead of colour.
I make em bloody right too.

Should be culler.

cockneyrebel 11-11-2016 03:41 PM

People chomping on sweets. Or banging their tea spoon against their mug as they stir it. I could go in to a rage.

Followed by the tipper truck getting stolen for the second time in two years.

Oddjob 11-11-2016 03:45 PM

When at a bar you do the nice gesture of indicating to a barman that the bloke next to you was first, and he then orders 8 different drinks and food.

Johnnieboy 11-11-2016 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddjob (Post 13311971)
When at a bar you do the nice gesture of indicating to a barman that the bloke next to you was first, and he then orders 8 different drinks and food.

...and then the barman doesn't serve you next...

CT_Palace 11-11-2016 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13311896)
I assumed he was talking about the UK, not your bang out of order colony. :)

well he quoted my post so I assumed he was just having a go at me. He's got form on that score.
Anyway,

innernet
congradulations
Lyesestershire
sackerr
youman

Lots of language crap in this colony that I won't miss when I leave next month.

Selhurst Celtic 11-11-2016 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13311805)
'Comedians' that go on for 20 minutes too long

Was at a dinner last night. John Siles (Nobbys lad) was the after dinner speaker. Was funny for 15 minutes. Should have sat down after 30. Went on and on and on for 50 and became tedious. Why do these feckers not know when to STFU and sit down ?

http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf...5yooo1_400.gif

Jim Cannon 11-11-2016 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddjob (Post 13311971)
When at a bar you do the nice gesture of indicating to a barman that the bloke next to you was first, and he then orders 8 different drinks and food.

and then pays by card

Johnnieboy 11-11-2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13312035)
and then pays by card

Which is declined

mroakley9 11-11-2016 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13312035)
and then pays by card

I would've thought paying by card was quicker than paying by cash, no?

Stellavista 11-11-2016 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 13312037)
Which is declined

And hopefully cut up in front of him.

Johnnieboy 11-11-2016 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13312042)
And hopefully cut up in front of him.

That's the spirit :supergrin:

Stellavista 11-11-2016 04:45 PM

The Sunday Times Money section which nearly always leads with a photo of a smug middle class family doing 'the right thing'.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...67_634x407.jpg

Selhurst Celtic 11-11-2016 04:48 PM

Is that a selfie?

Oddjob 11-11-2016 04:50 PM

Lets guess the kids names

Jemimah, Elsie, Flora and Tobias.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.