CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Swanny32 21-01-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sLlll
I agree that SF should have a following, just that I think I'm going to get a cheaper ticket than 65 from a tout next time.

When I saw the Cowboys Detroit in the mid 90's at Wembley even then the touts had tickets at 5 when I'd bought mine for 15.

For me SF Den hasn't got me excited much, glad for you guys that it has :D

I like to be organized, it's a bit of an OCD of mine, MUST have tickets well in advance, that way as well I'll be able to get tickets for the Tailgate which was loads of fun this season.

Swanny32 21-01-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sLlll
Good luck! The kids of today come across worse than I do ;)

That's what I'm worried about! To be fair, I met half of them on Monday night for a chat about what they wanted out of the Youth Group and they were a nice bunch albeit very hyper and loud!

sLlll 21-01-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
That's what I'm worried about! To be fair, I met half of them on Monday night for a chat about what they wanted out of the Youth Group and they were a nice bunch albeit very hyper and loud!

Get them into a bit of touch football and soccer ;)

That may take the steam out of them a bit and give you a chance to throw that 40 yard bomb :p

jazman 21-01-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
I like to be organized, it's a bit of an OCD of mine, MUST have tickets well in advance, that way as well I'll be able to get tickets for the Tailgate which was loads of fun this season.

I'm the same. I have to be organised so Mrs JM knows what I'm doing and when ... :) Plus the fact that I don't particularly want to travel all the way to Wembley and find I cannot get a ticket or that they are overpriced that they already are ... I'd love to be able to do that but I've never had the guts ... only ever used a tout to sell a ticket ...

ardeo 21-01-2010 02:39 PM

I've got tickets off touts a couple of times for cricket matches, just stuff i've turned up for on the day on the off chance and got good deals both times. For something where tickets are readily available and there is a chance of a sell out, i'd rather not take the chance.

Don't really want to start supporting a Canadian team, but thanks for advice Oz :)

Swanny32 21-01-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
I've got tickets off touts a couple of times for cricket matches, just stuff i've turned up for on the day on the off chance and got good deals both times. For something where tickets are readily available and there is a chance of a sell out, i'd rather not take the chance.

Don't really want to start supporting a Canadian team, but thanks for advice Oz :)

Lucky for you though you live in London, for me, travelling all the way to London for a Cricket match on the off chance I might get a ticket off a tout is too much of a risk 100% of the time. I hate using touts anyway, I know it's almost impossible to stop but it's not fair that they can buy tickets with no actual intention of going to the event.

Swanny32 21-01-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sLlll
Get them into a bit of touch football and soccer ;)

That may take the steam out of them a bit and give you a chance to throw that 40 yard bomb :p

Flag football is on the list for summer activities, need to learn how to play it myself first though.

ardeo 21-01-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Lucky for you though you live in London, for me, travelling all the way to London for a Cricket match on the off chance I might get a ticket off a tout is too much of a risk 100% of the time. I hate using touts anyway, I know it's almost impossible to stop but it's not fair that they can buy tickets with no actual intention of going to the event.

Yea I definitely wouldn't want to travel far without a ticket. Prefer to have my Palace tickets for away matches before hand for peace of mind, (although not helpful when i lose it en-route to the ground or have it waiting for me in london when i'm travelling from york).

oz_da II 21-01-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Don't really want to start supporting a Canadian team, but thanks for advice Oz :)

3 downs and out, unlimited motion before the snap, and only a 25 second play clock, it's great... ;)

ardeo 21-01-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
3 downs and out, unlimited motion before the snap, and only a 25 second play clock, it's great... ;)

Sounds mad, might try and see if i can watch a bit somewhere.

deftones_eagle 21-01-2010 03:07 PM

I'm torn for a team, I'd love to go to the Wembley game....when do tickets usually go on sale? I know a few people that have been to previous games and really enjoyed it...I've heard they may be having 2 UK games, is that true?

Do many people follow the Packers on here? They're my gf's dads team...

Who are the 49's playing at Wembley?

Swanny32 21-01-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Yea I definitely wouldn't want to travel far without a ticket. Prefer to have my Palace tickets for away matches before hand for peace of mind, (although not helpful when i lose it en-route to the ground or have it waiting for me in london when i'm travelling from york).

Actually, having said that, Newcastle away next week will be the first time I have turned up to an away game with a ticket in about 4 years! Baring in mind I went through 2 seasons missing two away games the entire time that's not bad going.

jazman 21-01-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deftones_eagle
I'm torn for a team, I'd love to go to the Wembley game....when do tickets usually go on sale? I know a few people that have been to previous games and really enjoyed it...I've heard they may be having 2 UK games, is that true?

Do many people follow the Packers on here? They're my gf's dads team...

Who are the 49's playing at Wembley?

I have been to the last two and enjoyed them both immensely ...

Yes, maybe, should know in the next week or so ...

Yes, Oz is a Packer (Cheesehead) I think and so is Mrs JM ...

Denver Broncos ...

:p

Swanny32 21-01-2010 03:17 PM

Packers would be a good choice, they'll be a force to be reckoned with in the next decade. 49ers would be a good choice as well, some good up and coming players in San Fran.

jazman 21-01-2010 03:37 PM

Stop pimping the 49ers all the time .. anyone would think they are your team ;)

ardeo 21-01-2010 03:44 PM

You're worse than me with the Chargers (R.I.P) this season.

jazman 21-01-2010 03:44 PM

And with SanFran being the city of the sausage jockey and all .. :o

ardeo 21-01-2010 03:51 PM

Actually I just thought that there is a chance I'll start supporting the 49ers, when we go out to Philly later this year to watch the EAGLES!!!!!!!, in theory i'm meant to be going over to San Fran as well to see some of my mum's family too. Think that might qualify me to support them as my second team, depends how things go though.

deftones_eagle 21-01-2010 03:56 PM

Ok...so my team will be Green Bay Packers. It's been decided...but i'm rooting for the Jets in the playoffs....I always go for the underdog.

pauldrulez 21-01-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Packers would be a good choice, they'll be a force to be reckoned with in the next decade. 49ers would be a good choice as well, some good up and coming players in San Fran.

And the beast that is Patrick Willis.

He's the one guy i'm looking forward to watching the most in London.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.