CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ashes 2021 - 4-0 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=285220)

RazorsEdge 14-12-2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones14 (Post 16149340)
Yeah good call. Got be honest though, he's in real good form but i think he's one of those players to good for domestic cricket but not good enough at test level.
I think you might be on the money though with Khawaja being selected. Not sure if they'll open him though. Hmm, they probably will.

We have plenty of players like that in England :)

davech 14-12-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Yeah good call. Got be honest though, he's in real good form but i think he's one of those players to good for domestic cricket but not good enough at test level.
I think you might be on the money though with Khawaja being selected. Not sure if they'll open him though. Hmm, they probably will.

Lagershandy started out as an opener, did he not?

Olympian2 14-12-2021 02:26 PM

Quote:

I might be clutching at straws a little bit now but is the 'Finch as opener' experiment completely done now? What about Joe Burns?

crystaljim 14-12-2021 02:59 PM

Quote:

I always thought Ussie got the rough end of the stick a bit. Always the first to be dropped etc.
Certainly when compared to the charmed run both Marsh boys got in the national team.
He actually has a good average as an opener, I think he'll go straight in as opener if Warner pulls out.

Bones14 14-12-2021 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16149537)
Lagershandy started out as an opener, did he not?

Yes he did. Think they’d be a bit loathed to put him in as an opener though.

Bones14 14-12-2021 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16149648)
I might be clutching at straws a little bit now but is the 'Finch as opener' experiment completely done now? What about Joe Burns?

Can’t have two shit Burns’ playing in the one match can we. His card is marked for quite some time I would think.

Bones14 14-12-2021 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16149796)
I always thought Ussie got the rough end of the stick a bit. Always the first to be dropped etc.
Certainly when compared to the charmed run both Marsh boys got in the national team.
He actually has a good average as an opener, I think he'll go straight in as opener if Warner pulls out.

Agree on the Marsh bros. They were kissed on the proverbial dick in terms of opportunities. Drove me mad tbh. Khawaja is in great form and yes he does have a decent record opening but technically he gets found out at that level at times. Harsh but true.

Bones14 14-12-2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16149648)

Ol’ Finchy will never play a test again. He’s white ball only and for good reason. Far to hit and miss. Technically he definitely gets found out at that level. Gifted player but has been tried and tried with very similar results.

Supersonic 14-12-2021 09:05 PM

Remember seeing a one day game against australia maybe 2008/09 or so when Steve Smith was a leggie that could bat a bit :)

Bones14 14-12-2021 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16149345)
We have plenty of players like that in England :)

They’re world wide now Razor. White ball has really affected the way red ball is played now. Much for the worse to I might add.
I will say I think it’s given the bowlers more scope for improvement, but batters no. Have a look at Buttlers dismissal, putrid for a five day game. He wasn’t on his own though.

Bones14 14-12-2021 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 16150250)
Remember seeing a one day game against australia maybe 2008/09 or so when Steve Smith was a leggie that could bat a bit :)

He was brought in as a leggie too. They soon realised he could bat better than he could bowl. Quite a story that.
I know I know. There’s more there but you lot can **** off if you think I’m going there.

Aki Aki Aki 14-12-2021 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones14 (Post 16150245)
Ol’ Finchy will never play a test again. He’s white ball only and for good reason. Far to hit and miss. Technically he definitely gets found out at that level. Gifted player but has been tried and tried with very similar results.

But we keep playing the same player(s) who have been found out at Test level. Picking Finch might help level us up a little :D

Bones14 14-12-2021 09:23 PM

To be honest Aki, red ball is full of average players nowadays, especially batters. At the moment though, our average players are better than yours and we have Smith, Marnus and Warner to bat and a very solid bowling lineup.
You have Root with some relatively inexperienced bats and a solid bowling lineup, but chose not to play two them who are in your best eleven. Mind boggling.

Olympian2 14-12-2021 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones14 (Post 16150245)

See also his T20 opener partner at Surrey, Jason Roy…..

Aki Aki Aki 14-12-2021 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones14 (Post 16150270)
To be honest Aki, red ball is full of average players nowadays, especially batters. At the moment though, our average players are better than yours and we have Smith, Marnus and Warner to bat and a very solid bowling lineup.
You have Root with some relatively inexperienced bats and a solid bowling lineup, but chose not to play two them who are in your best eleven. Mind boggling.

Yep, the red ball game is certainly no longer a priority. It's very sad seeing it in such decline in favour of the short formats, where money and razzmatazz is chiefly what young cricketers seem to want. Fortunately the quality players you mention are still wanting to play in all formats.

I'd say that the Aussie attack is the best in Test cricket, only India are comparable.

Bones14 15-12-2021 03:03 AM

Word is that Richardson will play and Warner likely to play as well.
On the England front. Stokes was firing in net practice and apparently a lot of wickets fell with the English bats (not so good). One of your lads got sconed (hit in the head) as well, apparently ok though which is good to hear.
Likelihood of Broad, Anderson, Wood and Ollie to play which means you'll want to bowl first if you dont have a recognised spinner as Adelaide does turn a bit on days 4 and 5. Root can bowl a few offies but can anyone else bowl out of your bats? Or do you think the 4 quicks and Stokes will be enough.

cappuccinoeagle 15-12-2021 09:20 AM

Broad & Anderson in the 12, Wood left out

Prince Phillip 15-12-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones14 (Post 16150549)
On the England front. Stokes was firing in net practice and apparently a lot of wickets fell with the English bats (not so good). One of your lads got sconed (hit in the head) as well, apparently ok though which is good to hear.
Likelihood of Broad, Anderson, Wood and Ollie to play which means you'll want to bowl first if you dont have a recognised spinner as Adelaide does turn a bit on days 4 and 5. Root can bowl a few offies but can anyone else bowl out of your bats? Or do you think the 4 quicks and Stokes will be enough.

Malan can chuck up a bit of leggie filth. Half a bowler each, him and Root possibly.

Aki Aki Aki 15-12-2021 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16150731)
Malan can chuck up a bit of leggie filth. Half a bowler each, him and Root possibly.

Both likely to be more economical and effective than Leachy

crystaljim 15-12-2021 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 16150727)
Broad & Anderson in the 12, Wood left out

No one to test Warner's rib cage then.

LuieJack 15-12-2021 11:10 AM

All this talk of using a "part time" spinner in Test cricket is barmy, it is crucial to have a main line spinner in the line up for a balanced bowling attack.
The facts to consider are (1) The Australian heat which can be very sapping on energy. (2) We have our Two best bowlers Anderson and Broad who are at an age when they should have been putting their feet up years ago, but the fact is we desperatly need them and where would we be without them? also we now have Stokes back in the fold as an important part of our bowling attack, which suggests ALL Three of these players need to be treated carefully in how they are used so as to get the best out of them.
And this is where the inclusion of a "proper" spinner takes that burden away as he would be capable of comfortably bowling 25/30 overs per innings which then provides the pacemen with much needed rest and eases the burden on them. Yes we know Joe Root can do a job for say 6/8 overs but it need better at this level, also how much more of a burden can/should we put on our One true World class batsman.
Unfortunately we have just not been able to unearth a Test quality spinner for some time now, and that has been of a real concern when playing Test cricket and is something we must try to rectify as soon as possible, but how often have we said that.
But as for this Ashes series especially in Australia, we always knew it was a bridge too far with this current unpredictable and sub standard group of players apart from possibly Four of the usual we know who players.

Olympian2 15-12-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuieJack (Post 16150843)
All this talk of using a "part time" spinner in Test cricket is barmy, it is crucial to have a main line spinner in the line up for a balanced bowling attack.
The facts to consider are (1) The Australian heat which can be very sapping on energy. (2) We have our Two best bowlers Anderson and Broad who are at an age when they should have been putting their feet up years ago, but the fact is we desperatly need them and where would we be without them? also we now have Stokes back in the fold as an important part of our bowling attack, which suggests ALL Three of these players need to be treated carefully in how they are used so as to get the best out of them.
And this is where the inclusion of a "proper" spinner takes that burden away as he would be capable of comfortably bowling 25/30 overs per innings which then provides the pacemen with much needed rest and eases the burden on them. Yes we know Joe Root can do a job for say 6/8 overs but it need better at this level, also how much more of a burden can/should we put on our One true World class batsman.
Unfortunately we have just not been able to unearth a Test quality spinner for some time now, and that has been of a real concern when playing Test cricket and is something we must try to rectify as soon as possible, but how often have we said that.
But as for this Ashes series especially in Australia, we always knew it was a bridge too far with this current unpredictable and sub standard group of players apart from possibly Four of the usual we know who players.

Depending on the pitch, of course....

But the bottom line is :

1 - We don't have one. We haven't had one since Swann retired 8 years ago.
2 - The ECB white-ball priority & red ball schedule is not conducive to us finding one.

art malice 15-12-2021 12:15 PM

Travis Head talking about how spin plays a massive part at his home ground. It would be bafflingly unfair to pick Leach for Brisbane then drop him for Adelaide, which is exactly why they will do it probably.

Aki Aki Aki 15-12-2021 12:25 PM

Matt Parkinson should be playing if a spinner is to be selected. Why he isn't in the squad (along with Saqib Mahmood) is incredible. Yet Dom Bess is there instead, another who offers next to nothing in terms of control or variation to take wickets.

GB2506 15-12-2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 16150904)
Travis Head talking about how spin plays a massive part at his home ground. It would be bafflingly unfair to pick Leach for Brisbane then drop him for Adelaide, which is exactly why they will do it probably.

Leach isn't a top international spin bowler though. Play the 4 seamers and let Root bowl 12-15 overs. He would probably keep it tighter than Leach and be more of a wicket threat. The pink ball will move about and Anderson, Broad, Robinson and Woakes all get plenty of movement.

As others have said Parkinson should be out there instead of Leach or Bess.

stinky 15-12-2021 01:55 PM

Can someone please work out what time the lunch interval will be our time tomorrow morning. I'm trying to plan my alarm call and am too lazy to do it myself.

Palace Kebab 15-12-2021 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinky (Post 16151007)
Can someone please work out what time the lunch interval will be our time tomorrow morning. I'm trying to plan my alarm call and am too lazy to do it myself.

6am surely...just add two hours

stinky 15-12-2021 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palace Kebab (Post 16151018)

I promise I'm not as stupid as I may currently seem

crystaljim 15-12-2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palace Kebab (Post 16151018)

10.5 hours difference between UK and South Australia.

stinky 15-12-2021 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16151023)
10.5 hours difference between UK and South Australia.

WHAT IS HAPPENING.

davech 15-12-2021 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinky (Post 16151058)
WHAT IS HAPPENING.

4am start. 6am lunch. Our time.

Stockport_Eagle 15-12-2021 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinky (Post 16151007)

Day-Night game starting at 4am it says here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/...res/2021-12-16

Two hour first session until 6am, 40 minutes for lunch and middle session to start at 6:40am presumably?

Olympian2 15-12-2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 16150904)

Well he would say that, wouldn't he?

With apologies to Mandy-Rice Davies for the mis-quote....

stinky 15-12-2021 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16151102)
4am start. 6am lunch. Our time.

10.5 hour time diff though. So would lunch be 6 or 6.30?!

davech 15-12-2021 03:37 PM

BBC says start time is 04.00GMT. Australia start time likely to be strange as it is a day-nighter. 04:00 start London = 2:30pm Adelaide.

Lunch 06:00 our time.

ebyeeckeagle 15-12-2021 04:41 PM

Is south Australia one of the last place son earth to have bloody half hour time zones?

davech 15-12-2021 04:46 PM

I believe India does too

ebyeeckeagle 15-12-2021 04:52 PM

You learn something new etc.

Latvian 15-12-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle (Post 16151219)
Is south Australia one of the last place son earth to have bloody half hour time zones?

Iran and N. Korea too methinks.

El Aguila 15-12-2021 05:00 PM

ebyeeck getting savaged here.

ebyeeckeagle 15-12-2021 05:10 PM

Blimey, one tiny gap in my vast general knowledge base, and I am getting hammered.

davech 15-12-2021 05:12 PM

But tbf South Australia's also factors in the 25 years behind :D

RazorsEdge 15-12-2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones14 (Post 16150252)
They’re world wide now Razor. White ball has really affected the way red ball is played now. Much for the worse to I might add.
I will say I think it’s given the bowlers more scope for improvement, but batters no. Have a look at Buttlers dismissal, putrid for a five day game. He wasn’t on his own though.

Agree and this is the elephant in the room of test cricket.

Butler needs to re learn how to play defensive strokes to be fair

crystaljim 15-12-2021 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16151121)
Well he would say that, wouldn't he?

With apologies to Mandy-Rice Davies for the mis-quote....

Have you had Day 5 of the 06-07 Ashes test in Adelaide surgically removed from your memory?
It's always turned Day4/day5

Olympian2 15-12-2021 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16151598)
Have you had Day 5 of the 06-07 Ashes test in Adelaide surgically removed from your memory?
It's always turned Day4/day5

That assumes a) The game lasts that long & b) We have someone who can actually spin the ball.

I wasn’t questioning Lyon’s ability, it was more the suggestion that Root’s ears would pick up & that him and Silverwood would base our attack around it :p

RazorsEdge 15-12-2021 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones14 (Post 16150549)

Nope you have us spot on and looks like we will be Donald ducked

Tomo 16-12-2021 12:38 AM

Cummins potentially out due to being close contact with a covid case for

Bones14 16-12-2021 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 16153449)
Cummins potentially out due to being close contact with a covid case for

Just read that..................grrr. That will make Steve Smith captain which will put a smile on your English faces:D

Be a big loss for us if Paddy doesn't play. Not sure who'll be next in line if Richardson replaces Hazelwood. Mitch Marsh probably:S::clown::frown:

RazorsEdge 16-12-2021 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones14 (Post 16153475)
Just read that..................grrr. That will make Steve Smith captain which will put a smile on your English faces:D

Be a big loss for us if Paddy doesn't play. Not sure who'll be next in line if Richardson replaces Hazelwood. Mitch Marsh probably:S::clown::frown:

:)

Good old smith won the toss and choose to field/ which quite honestly surprised me

RazorsEdge 16-12-2021 06:44 AM

I can’t believe we can bowl so many maiden overs.

RazorsEdge 16-12-2021 06:46 AM

I am beginning to think Stokes is a mistake for this tour.

His bowling is very erratic albeit he only bowled 2 overs….he is not looking 100 percent

Tomo 16-12-2021 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16153518)
I am beginning to think Stokes is a mistake for this tour.

His bowling is very erratic albeit he only bowled 2 overs….he is not looking 100 percent

That Last Over didn’t suggest that.

RazorsEdge 16-12-2021 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 16153521)
That Last Over didn’t suggest that.

My vex worked haha, maybe it was a looseners one too many

Wolfnipplechips 16-12-2021 08:19 AM

**** sake Jos.

Wolfnipplechips 16-12-2021 08:20 AM

The more you watch that the worse it looks. Basic wicket keeping.

Bones14 16-12-2021 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16153553)

Outside. What happened? Did he drop one?

Wolfnipplechips 16-12-2021 08:28 AM

Gloved down the leg side. Dropped Warner.

Bones14 16-12-2021 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16153556)
Gloved down the leg side. Dropped Warner.

:love:Buttler. My favourite Englishman atm.
:pwolfie

Aki Aki Aki 16-12-2021 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16153553)

Yep, poor drop that. Now watch Lagershandy go on and score a double ton

art malice 16-12-2021 08:41 AM

Type of attritional batting we’ll surely see from England too

RazorsEdge 16-12-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones14 (Post 16153562)
:love:Buttler. My favourite Englishman atm.
:pwolfie

Mind you he took a blinder of a catch to dismiss Harris

Wolfnipplechips 16-12-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 16153569)

Proper test match batting.

RazorsEdge 16-12-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 16153569)

Yup….. lol

RazorsEdge 16-12-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16153591)
Proper test match batting.

Warner (spits) is playing very well

RazorsEdge 16-12-2021 09:02 AM

We are behind the over rates again…..joy more fines

0.bj 16-12-2021 09:09 AM

How can you plan for two years with an army of well paid analysts, and end up picking the wrong team match-after-match; overlook the importance of fielding, and then persist in bowling way too short for the conditions?

Overdue a rash of sackings throughout the ECB.

Olympian2 16-12-2021 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0.bj (Post 16153607)
How can you plan for two years with an army of well paid analysts, and end up picking the wrong team match-after-match; overlook the importance of fielding, and then persist in bowling way too short for the conditions?

Overdue a round of backslapping throughout the ECB over how well The Hundred went.

EFA

Wolfnipplechips 16-12-2021 09:14 AM

Who is the most annoying Aussie commentator?

I’m going King Warnie atm.

RazorsEdge 16-12-2021 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16153614)
Who is the most annoying Aussie commentator?

I’m going King Warnie atm.

To be fair to King Warnie, he does slag some Aussies players too, maybe the one’s who don’t kiss his arse. But he is annoying and I am going he is making Boycott good

GB2506 16-12-2021 09:35 AM

Getting absolutely no luck at all here.

RazorsEdge 16-12-2021 09:36 AM

Nope, looks like Smith was right to bat first

Aki Aki Aki 16-12-2021 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16153643)
Nope, looks like Smith was right to bat first

Amazed he was given the captaincy. Cricket Aus have short memories.

crystaljim 16-12-2021 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16153595)
We are behind the over rates again…..joy more fines

Forget that, you may be missing a captain next test, or the one after.

crystaljim 16-12-2021 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 16153652)

He was vice captain, he was given that as a token gesture to satisfy a lot of influential people in the Australian game.

Nobody was expecting Cummins to ever not be available.

Unfortunately who else is there you would select get in for one test?

RazorsEdge 16-12-2021 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 16153652)

I am not surprised.

He has apologised, cried on tv, said sorry to his father his dog, his bin man and now it is water under the bridge. Pics of dic got rid of a Paine and Cummins is injured and here we are :)

I have no problem with him being a captain, it is the Austrian cricket boards moral compass and if they think he deserves it, so be it

crystaljim 16-12-2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16153661)

I have no problem with him being a captain, it is the Austrian cricket boards moral compass and if they think he deserves it, so be it

It's amazing the countries the game is expanding to!

averity 16-12-2021 09:52 AM

Shame the ashes isn’t in Austria

crystaljim 16-12-2021 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0.bj (Post 16153607)

Overdue a rash of sackings throughout the ECB.

Its all part of the plan, watch now as you take 9 wickets in the evening session with Jimmy swinging his pink balls around.

crystaljim 16-12-2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by averity (Post 16153669)
Shame the ashes isn’t in Austria

Tell me about it, I could drive there!

davech 16-12-2021 10:06 AM

Morning all!

This is going to be another long, hard, first innings grind for us, isn't it?

art malice 16-12-2021 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16153655)

Think suspensions are a thing of the past.

Aki Aki Aki 16-12-2021 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16153660)
He was vice captain, he was given that as a token gesture to satisfy a lot of influential people in the Australian game.

Nobody was expecting Cummins to ever not be available.

Unfortunately who else is there you would select get in for one test?

Lagershandy ?

Wolfnipplechips 16-12-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16153655)

Give the captaincy to Butler.

LuieJack 16-12-2021 10:12 AM

It´s starting to look far too comfortable for these two batsmen currently, i can see a 400 plus total leaving us chasing a lost cause.

Worksop Palace 16-12-2021 10:13 AM

Pitch looks absolutely dead

crystaljim 16-12-2021 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 16153697)

When did that change?

crystaljim 16-12-2021 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 16153700)
Lagershandy ?

Don't think he captained his Under 12 team, let alone a test team. Khawaja is his state captain.

art malice 16-12-2021 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16153708)
When did that change?

Since the World Test Championships came in. Thinking was, punish the whole team, not just the skipper

Aki Aki Aki 16-12-2021 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16153713)
Don't think he captained his Under 12 team, let alone a test team. Khawaja is his state captain.

Probably a better option, especially as he's in form and maybe should be in the team anyway. Just a personal opinion, but I think giving it to Smith is a backward step.

art malice 16-12-2021 10:34 AM

Wonder if the planning for the next Ashes has started?

Wolfnipplechips 16-12-2021 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 16153744)
Wonder if the planning for the next Ashes has started?

The Vaughan report?

0.bj 16-12-2021 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 16153697)

Blast our damned luck.

GB2506 16-12-2021 10:43 AM

All the talk over the last few years has been Archer, Wood and Stone bowling in Australia at 90+mph. Only one of them is fit and we don’t play him. I know he has had injury problems but you have to play him if he is fit.

jmemour 16-12-2021 10:52 AM

HAHAHA

art malice 16-12-2021 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16153750)
The Vaughan report?

Going Forward Unit.

davech 16-12-2021 10:56 AM

Finally a wicket. Can we keep them to below 500?

GB2506 16-12-2021 11:04 AM

Labuschagne is so ******* lucky. He’s played and missed about 15 times, been dropped and then just gloved one up in the air only for it to fall short of Buttler

Worksop Palace 16-12-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16153770)
Finally a wicket. Can we keep them to below 500?

Doesn’t matter.

Unlikely we’ll get anything above 280.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 16-12-2021 11:06 AM

I don't hear so much talk over here about England picking Saffers in their team Not sure why.

GB2506 16-12-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16153780)
Doesn’t matter.

Unlikely we’ll get anything above 280.

If we can’t post a score on this deck with Hazlewood and Cummins out we might as well come home after this test