CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

aj4england 23-04-2020 08:38 AM

For Pats fans, the three picks in the 3rd at 87, 98 and 100 looks like a nice package. Miami are in full rebuild mode and may be tempted to shift a 2nd, they have 39 and 56, in return of the 3 3rd rounders. That would give them 4 3rd rounders so that they could move or just stack up on these WRs that will likely fall

Funk Butter 24-04-2020 08:12 AM

Another year, another draft where the Falcons shit the bed. Rumors were they wanted to move to #2 (fat chance) for Chase Yound or #8 to take CJ Henderson. So, Henderson gets picked #9 and instead of taking the best player or trading down, they reach way up for a CB that isn't even ranked Top 5 among some analysts. Not to mention, they traded away their 2nd round pick for a TE that was more than likely gonna get cut anyway. :wallbash:

aj4england 24-04-2020 08:36 AM

Couldnt believe that Simmons ended up with Cardinals :D very pleased with that. The analysts really had no idea to rank these OT or WR, pretty much everyone got them round the wrong way. Surpirse would be Jordan Love, who I fancied that the Saints would have taken, but wow, wonder how Rodgers feels about that...

Latvian Eagle 24-04-2020 10:35 AM

Derrick Brown... Talk to me?

davematt 24-04-2020 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 15195804)
Derrick Brown... Talk to me?

I was talking to my mate who is a Panthers fan this morning about this.

Its not a very sexy pick and I know many Panthers fans are wondering why they passed the opportunity to pick up Isaiah Simmons, but its pretty obvious you are very much in rebuild mode. The Niners have laid a pretty successful blueprint by building their D-line up through the draft (we added another yesterday) and look where we are now (took us 2-3 years mind...).

davematt 24-04-2020 01:50 PM

From a Niners perspective, we picked up the replacements for DeFo and Sanders (and they are going to be way cheaper for next 3-4 years).

Not too concerned that we don't have another pick till the 5th round right now; our roster is pretty loaded at this point with very little glaring holes. I'd imagine we try and trade either Breida, Pettis or Goodwin to move back into maybe the 3rd or 4th round (4th most realistic) but its not the end of the world if we don't.

The offensive weapons around Jimmy going into the new season look pretty impressive right now.

CP-RJW 24-04-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt (Post 15196120)
From a Niners perspective, we picked up the replacements for DeFo and Sanders (and they are going to be way cheaper for next 3-4 years).

Not too concerned that we don't have another pick till the 5th round right now; our roster is pretty loaded at this point with very little glaring holes. I'd imagine we try and trade either Breida, Pettis or Goodwin to move back into maybe the 3rd or 4th round (4th most realistic) but its not the end of the world if we don't.

The offensive weapons around Jimmy going into the new season look pretty impressive right now.

Yeah, as a Vikings fan, think it was a solid trade for both parties.

Pretty happy with Justin Jefferson at 22. Was projected higher and Eagles fans are livid they didn’t take him, which must mean something.

aj4england 24-04-2020 02:15 PM

I quite rate J Jefferson from my first year attempt of evaluating college football. Good work for the 49ers, become pretty predictable but very efficient with their drafting.

Interesting ones for me would be Cowboys getting Lamb, seems a great pick that he fell for them making them strong in that position. Must say I am chuffed with Cardinals getting Simmons. Pairing him with Chandler Jones along with other solid off-season recruit from the Bills (9 sacks last year), Jordan Phillips, paired with Hopkins on offence.
I would be very dissapointed if we dont have a better than .500 season now

Green Bay a real interesting one with Rodgers and Jordan Love. Trading up for him will not sit well with Rodgers where they could have traded up to get one of the WR that they need

CP-RJW 24-04-2020 02:17 PM

Yeah, Cardinals are looking good. 4 playoff caliber teams in the NFC west, if you still have faith in the Rams I guess.

aj4england 24-04-2020 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15193989)
For Pats fans, the three picks in the 3rd at 87, 98 and 100 looks like a nice package. Miami are in full rebuild mode and may be tempted to shift a 2nd, they have 39 and 56, in return of the 3 3rd rounders. That would give them 4 3rd rounders so that they could move or just stack up on these WRs that will likely fall

Pats:

1 x 2nd
4 x 3rd
2 x 4th

Be interested to see if they sit with these or trade a few of these for 2nd rounders this year or maybe next years draft when they have a better idea of the NE QBs situation i.e. trade a few 3s and 6s this year for next years 2nds or 3rds

aj4england 24-04-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15196148)
Yeah, Cardinals are looking good. 4 playoff caliber teams in the NFC west, if you still have faith in the Rams I guess.

I have little faith in the Rams tbh and would rather be in the Cardinals position now. I just dont see it from their roster as it really isn't very deep. The 49ers still the ones to topple which may be a step too far unless we can pick up an ace RB and the Seahawks won so many games by 1 score last year and they have 2 RBs coming off the back of serious injuries. Hopeful that would potentially come 2nd in that league and maybe sneak a playoff place (With the extra playoff game this year).

aj4england 24-04-2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt (Post 15196119)
I was talking to my mate who is a Panthers fan this morning about this.

Its not a very sexy pick and I know many Panthers fans are wondering why they passed the opportunity to pick up Isaiah Simmons, but its pretty obvious you are very much in rebuild mode. The Niners have laid a pretty successful blueprint by building their D-line up through the draft (we added another yesterday) and look where we are now (took us 2-3 years mind...).

Almost had to be done. Simmons seemed likely to be however as a Keuchly replacement. Also, they have an experienced QB scheduled to be QB#1 who perhaps in theory needs "less" protection up top than say a rookie who would naturally go to protect immediately.

davematt 24-04-2020 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15196148)
Yeah, Cardinals are looking good. 4 playoff caliber teams in the NFC west, if you still have faith in the Rams I guess.

I put the Cardinals ahead of the Rams now.

The division is stacked.

Funk Butter 24-04-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15196155)
Almost had to be done. Simmons seemed likely to be however as a Keuchly replacement. Also, they have an experienced QB scheduled to be QB#1 who perhaps in theory needs "less" protection up top than say a rookie who would naturally go to protect immediately.

Simmons is way too wild to replace Kuechly. Then again, not many people are gonna match that production. Brown was mocked for weeks to the Panthers so it was no surprise. I know some people had him as the 2nd best player in the draft.

Funk Butter 25-04-2020 03:45 AM

Not sure what the Eagles have in mind drafting Hurts in the 2nd round. I'm all for drafting QBs in later rounds as future commodities like the Patriots and Packers but not sure I'd have done this if I were the Eagles.

hughff 25-04-2020 05:29 AM

Hurts has always been shorted by comparison after Tua Tagovailoa took his job at Bama. But actually, whenever I saw him for Oklahoma, he was more than just OK, so to speak. And, despite his name, history suggests he is a lot less likely to be injured than Tagovailoa or Wentz. At worst, great cover and potentially a very tradeable commodity.

Daddy Long 25-04-2020 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15196147)

Green Bay a real interesting one with Rodgers and Jordan Love. Trading up for him will not sit well with Rodgers where they could have traded up to get one of the WR that they need


Love learns from Rodgers just like Rodgers learned from Favre. Makes sense. Long term planning.

LLCOOLSTEVE 25-04-2020 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 15196807)
Not sure what the Eagles have in mind drafting Hurts in the 2nd round. I'm all for drafting QBs in later rounds as future commodities like the Patriots and Packers but not sure I'd have done this if I were the Eagles.

Seattle would have been a great fit for him, learning from Russell Wilson

aj4england 25-04-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daddy Long (Post 15196829)
Love learns from Rodgers just like Rodgers learned from Favre. Makes sense. Long term planning.

Really? Made it to the NFC Championship last year with barely any weapons on offense. Chance to add a good wide receiver in RD 1. I would understand if he fell to him, which I imagine he would have as didnt see any of the other teams going QB but to trade up?

To then pick a RB in RD 2 with Aaron Jones and Jamal Williams currently on the team. Yes there always has to be an element of future planning, but Rodgers isn't going anywhere soon with that contract so i would be p*ssed if i was a Green Bay fan.

Similar to the Eagles, who needed Linebacker and some more reliable WRs instead take a back up QB. If you dont trust Wentz , don't pay him $100m...

Latvian Eagle 25-04-2020 01:45 PM

Speaking of QBs, I still don't even know if this Teddy Bridgewater is any good?

I see Cam Newton is struggling to get a team though, so perhaps we feel somewhat justified in letting him walk, given his injuries, and suspect temperament of late.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.