CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

ceeby 10-01-2023 04:27 PM

The Harry and Meghan thread, always being at the top of the General Chit Chat list. Same old people debating the same old shyte from a different angle ad-infinitum.

Would be good if the mods could padlock the thread from the outside, lock them all in.

PeterH 10-01-2023 04:29 PM

'different angle'?

pallet 10-01-2023 08:40 PM

Watching sky transfer news and Palace news is that Hull are after Ewobi

Terrace Bickle 11-01-2023 02:30 PM

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2260007.html

Oh dear oh dear, what a feeble attempt to deflect responsibility. Thankfully she won't be driving her son around for a while.
Do they not do taxi cabs in Arundel? I wonder how the 'friends' reacted to this porky (excuse the pun).

west country boy 11-01-2023 06:06 PM

This c~nt: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ife-faded-away

Pidster 11-01-2023 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16782336)

Why does he refer to the drag queen's place of residence as "hers"?

Either which way, he appears to have moved on and now just has his head up his arse.

Danny_Cheviot 11-01-2023 06:54 PM

Companies who bring in AI & BOTS to reduce head count, and we spend all our time picking up after their mess.

Mad Max 11-01-2023 06:57 PM

The go left advert on the radio.Der engine light comes on what else am I going to do.I know I`m a drama queen lets stuff it into the central reservation so I can be pampered by the emergency services?

Terrace Bickle 11-01-2023 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 16782380)
The go left advert on the radio.Der engine light comes on what else am I going to do.I know I`m a drama queen lets stuff it into the central reservation so I can be pampered by the emergency services?

It's frightening that the public need an advert to advise them what to do in such a situation, but unfortunately not surprising. If only they could learn to drive correctly in the first place

Hedgehog 11-01-2023 07:15 PM

I know I've done this before, but it's worth repeating due to happening again.

I have 3 LED bulb in the bathroom. They have been in there about 5 years at least now. Recently one of them has been on the blink (literally) and needed replacing.

I went to buy a replacement and all you can buy is packets of 3 bulbs which are quite expensive. All over the package there is the claim these bulbs will last in excess of 22 years with normal use. So basically 3 bulbs is going to last a lot longer than I am!

(And I appreciate one of the bulbs actually lasted only about 5 years, but I'm willing to bet it was an anomaly)

Maz 11-01-2023 07:16 PM

I think I speak for the whole BBS when I say we wish you a longer life than a lightbulb or three.

Hedgehog 11-01-2023 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 16782394)
I think I speak for the whole BBS when I say we wish you a longer life than a lightbulb or three.

That's very kind (I think!).

Isn't there a rumor about "going to the light" when your time comes? I wonder if it is LED these days?

cranesparkeagle 11-01-2023 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16782392)
I know I've done this before, but it's worth repeating due to happening again.

I have 3 LED bulb in the bathroom. They have been in there about 5 years at least now. Recently one of them has been on the blink (literally) and needed replacing.

I went to buy a replacement and all you can buy is packets of 3 bulbs which are quite expensive. All over the package there is the claim these bulbs will last in excess of 22 years with normal use. So basically 3 bulbs is going to last a lot longer than I am!

(And I appreciate one of the bulbs actually lasted only about 5 years, but I'm willing to bet it was an anomaly)

The other two bulbswill be there WHEN you need them. Look on the bright side

Prince Phillip 11-01-2023 07:56 PM

Watts the point of worrying?

Hedgehog 11-01-2023 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle (Post 16782397)
The other two bulbswill be there WHEN you need them. Look on the bright side

I'll have to find an ohm for them...

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 11-01-2023 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceeby (Post 16781398)
The Harry and Meghan thread, always being at the top of the General Chit Chat list. Same old people debating the same old shyte from a different angle ad-infinitum.

Would be good if the mods could padlock the thread from the outside, lock them all in.

When the mods have stopped squandering their millions of pounds of BBS donations... they might finally get around to upgrading the BBS software which will enable features such as 'thread ignore' etc.

You could always ask for your money back? :D

Joe85 11-01-2023 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16782415)
Watts the point of worrying?


I can see the positives and negatives.

917L 11-01-2023 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16782336)

Who the **** is that c*nt?

west country boy 11-01-2023 08:34 PM

Dunno. Some c~nt, I think.

Pidster 11-01-2023 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 917L (Post 16782435)
Who the **** is that c*nt?

West Country Boy? He’s a bit Marmite.

RazorsEdge 11-01-2023 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16782424)
I'll have to find an ohm for them...

:D

RazorsEdge 11-01-2023 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 16782394)
I think I speak for the whole BBS when I say we wish you a longer life than a lightbulb or three.

^^^^^

RazorsEdge 11-01-2023 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16782429)
I can see the positives and negatives.

Very down to earth response

Joe85 11-01-2023 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16782481)
Very down to earth response


I couldn’t resist.

Maz 12-01-2023 12:08 AM

You don't have the capacity.

art malice 12-01-2023 04:00 PM

New eating place in Beckenham opening soon called 'Zen Grub', with kebabs, and 'smashed burgers'. Is that what Buddhists eat?

BERT'S HEAD 12-01-2023 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 16783061)
New eating place in Beckenham opening soon called 'Zen Grub', with kebabs, and 'smashed burgers'. Is that what Buddhists eat?

Sooooo Beckenham

Smoz 12-01-2023 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 16783061)
New eating place in Beckenham opening soon called 'Zen Grub', with kebabs, and 'smashed burgers'. Is that what Buddhists eat?

0.1 miles from home for me.

Have you heard about the Buddhist hot-dog order? “Make me one with everything“.

art malice 12-01-2023 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoz (Post 16783109)
0.1 miles from home for me.

Have you heard about the Buddhist hot-dog order? “Make me one with everything“.

:lux:

Stellavista 13-01-2023 03:28 PM

'Am I present? Am I in the moment?'
F**k off, you self-obsessed c*nt.

Isle of Wight 13-01-2023 04:28 PM

FFS just had my Phone on shuffle on a flight back to the UK
True Lies George Michael
Boys are back in town Thin Lizzy
Going Backward Depeche mode
Sun is shining Bob Marley
Black Star David Bowie
We will Rock you Queen
Ghost town the specials
Wish you were hear Pink Floyd
Ace of Spades Motörhead
But was saved from severe depression by Show me the way by Peter Frampton

Sharkba1t 13-01-2023 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 16783061)
New eating place in Beckenham opening soon called 'Zen Grub', with kebabs, and 'smashed burgers'. Is that what Buddhists eat?

My neighbour alleges there is a Turkish "businessman" who owns a lot of the properties on Beckenham high street - and he is opening these restaurants as a front for money laundering.
It annoys me if this is bull and it annoys me if its true.

Hedgehog 13-01-2023 05:44 PM

Ordered my Great Grandmothers Death Certificate in an effort to find out her maiden name and it is not shown. Waste of money that was.

Just to clarify, this was 1900, but all "modern" certs seem to have maiden names included on the certs. I guess back then they didn't.

I seem to have gone as far as I can with this branch of the Hedgehog's tree.

Panther 13-01-2023 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16783932)
Ordered my Great Grandmothers Death Certificate in an effort to find out her maiden name and it is not shown. Waste of money that was.

Just to clarify, this was 1900, but all "modern" certs seem to have maiden names included on the certs. I guess back then they didn't.

I seem to have gone as far as I can with this branch of the Hedgehog's tree.

I have ongoing subs to ancestry and Findmypast. If you let me know her name and age at death, I could have a trawl around censuses/BMD records for you. Does the death cert give the name of the person reporting the death?

west country boy 13-01-2023 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 16783900)
My neighbour alleges there is a Turkish "businessman" who owns a lot of the properties on Beckenham high street - and he is opening these restaurants as a front for money laundering.
It annoys me if this is bull and it annoys me if its true.

There were a lot of Kurdish businesses "supporting" the PKK in my endz when I lived in That London.

Hedgehog 13-01-2023 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 16783951)
I have ongoing subs to ancestry and Findmypast. If you let me know her name and age at death, I could have a trawl around censuses/BMD records for you. Does the death cert give the name of the person reporting the death?

Thanks for the very kind offer. I currently have a 14 day free trial on Ancestry, and drawing a blank in regards to her.

My cousin did extensive research and hit the same dead ends as I have.

Trouble is she died at 34 and must have got married between the 1891 and 1901 census's so only her married name appears.

On the off chance that you have other avenues, I'll send you a PM with the details... Thanks again.

RazorsEdge 14-01-2023 10:55 AM

I know Paxman said this many moons ago but I finally agree with him. M&S boxers are not as good as it was.

Eagle's Nest 14-01-2023 12:25 PM

I wish it would stop ******* raining

davech 14-01-2023 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 16784379)
I wish it would stop ******* raining

Fret not - snow is on the way :D

Prince Phillip 14-01-2023 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16784310)
I know Paxman said this many moons ago but I finally agree with him. M&S boxers are not as good as it was.

Totally agree. There's a level of discomfort from them these days that was never encountered in the past.

BERT'S HEAD 14-01-2023 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16784436)
Totally agree. There's a level of discomfort from them these days that was never encountered in the past.

It's a lot of bollocks.

Prince Phillip 14-01-2023 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 16784441)
It's a lot of bollocks.

Bought mine in the Littlehampton branch.

pallet 14-01-2023 01:35 PM

People who don't realise if the cars are parked on your side of the road you don't have right of way.

stamford triumph 14-01-2023 01:54 PM

Uber drivers in electric cars who don’t seem to realise that if you use maximum brake regeneration setting you will be lurching around for the whole journey and making your passengers feel sick. Maybe that’s why it’s called Uber Green on the app.

in-exile 14-01-2023 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16784472)
People who don't realise if the cars are parked on your side of the road you don't have right of way.

Only if a center white line is painted on the road otherwise it's who dares wins!
Move bitch get out da way !

Panther 14-01-2023 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16784450)
Bought mine in the Littlehampton branch.

You bought your bollocks in Littlehampton?:eek:

in-exile 14-01-2023 02:23 PM

Probably a matching set!

cappuccinoeagle 14-01-2023 03:50 PM

Sam Matterface

Alfies army 14-01-2023 04:09 PM

Jules breach her whinge voice is so irritating on b t sport , I have to mute when she’s on

Herr Colonpharter 14-01-2023 04:19 PM

Jim White

cappuccinoeagle 14-01-2023 10:01 PM

Been said before, needs saying again, Michael McInytre

GorBlimey 14-01-2023 10:10 PM

What's getting up my arse right now is some twats who decided to let off a load of fireworks making our dog freak out.


It's the middle of f*cking January ffs!

Mad Max 14-01-2023 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 16785276)
What's getting up my arse right now is some twats who decided to let off a load of fireworks making our dog freak out.


It's the middle of f*cking January ffs!

You must live near me,lot`s of fireworks going off about 8 ish.

Mad Max 14-01-2023 10:34 PM

After a bit of googaling around it seems as if it`s Orthadox new year.

Maz 14-01-2023 11:21 PM

And you bothered to Google, whereas the Div just chose to be an ignorant twat

GorBlimey 14-01-2023 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 16785330)
And you bothered to Google, whereas the Div just chose to be an ignorant twat


Oh f*ck off you smug c*nt.

Maz 15-01-2023 12:40 AM

QED

GorBlimey 15-01-2023 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 16785395)
QED


That you're a smug c*nt - well obviously as your post demonstrates.

Skin Up 15-01-2023 02:32 AM

Mitoma's world cup performances plus his form since returning means Brighton are getting a bit of a following here in Japan, lots of positive TV coverage, and a few of my students (secondary school) now support them. I fear it's a matter of time before I see Tesco bags being worn in Harajuku.

Hopefully, someone else signs him soon.

JJ 15-01-2023 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 16785267)
Been said before, needs saying again, Michael McInytre

Can't bear him. Switch over instantly if he happens to appear on the tellybox. I reckon he's the walking definition of smug.

PeterH 15-01-2023 05:11 AM

I am more annoyed thinking that the refs/var peeps gl through this every week and can't see their own incompetence. That they actually collectively sinceramente believe they are doing a good and FAIR job.

That scares me.

The alternatives of big team bias, corruption, or being under instruction are far worse.

Where does that leave us, and the game in England. Let alone the nonsense that happened in Qatar.

thefox 15-01-2023 12:26 PM

Thainess.

Reps AJ 16-01-2023 08:59 AM

A news report this morning with an energy boss saying we can expect energy prices to remain high, whilst the firm he runs has doubled its profits to £20bn

Lingfield Eagle 16-01-2023 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 16787921)
A news report this morning with an energy boss saying we can expect energy prices to remain high, whilst the firm he runs has doubled its profits to £20bn

We should be taking to the streets burning their offices down but instead we'll tut, roll our eyes and carry on. The government will do nothing to help the people it's supposed to represent. It's no wonder these companies can get away with this.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 16-01-2023 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingfield Eagle (Post 16787923)
We should be taking to the streets burning their offices down but instead we'll tut, roll our eyes and carry on. The government will do nothing to help the people it's supposed to represent. It's no wonder these companies can get away with this.

Ah yes. But if you hit them with a windfall tax they will take their business elsewhere :rolleyes:

Isle of Wight 16-01-2023 01:28 PM

That eBay charge me commission on my postage costs.

pallet 16-01-2023 04:59 PM

Teenagers trying to shorten every word in the English language.
People who dress their young children like little ponuses

PeterH 16-01-2023 06:35 PM

What is a ponus?

Isle of Wight 16-01-2023 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16788474)
What is a ponus?

It must be a typo for either pony or anus

Socrates 16-01-2023 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16788474)
What is a ponus?

I thought “ponces” was intended

El Aguila 16-01-2023 07:51 PM

I was thinking "pompatus".

west country boy 16-01-2023 07:57 PM

As one of Miliband brothers once said.

GorBlimey 16-01-2023 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 16788547)
I was thinking "pompatus".


OK Steve.

west country boy 16-01-2023 08:04 PM

Anyway, dunno if this is annoying or bemusing or stating the bleeding obvious but London house prices are utterly bonkers. Our old W4 ground floor flat which was quite nice but manky and on a main road (and the other half of of the house is owned by a furrin even more mental than stav) is now on the market for £650K.

PeterH 16-01-2023 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16788495)
It must be a typo for either pony or anus

I was think 'little pony'/unicorn. Like my granddaughters and their backpacks and fancy dress stuff. I thought, maybe a bit harsh.

Dressing them up as spincters might be dodgy TBF.

west country boy 16-01-2023 11:46 PM

What is a spincter?

GorBlimey 16-01-2023 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16788809)
What is a spincter?


It's a sphincter after an operation.

PeterH 17-01-2023 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16788809)
What is a spincter?

It is a sphincter after taking the h out.

The h stands for 'help us all the clever little *****hops is bored'.

You seem quite the expert on the anus and stuff coming out of it. So much so, you appear to have two.

Sick Bucket 17-01-2023 07:42 AM

The search function on here.

It's probably me being thick but I've been using the BBS for probably 20 odd years but have never managed to use the search function successfully.

I've just spent 10 mins trying to find the 'Man united are wankers' thread. I gave up.

If someone can find it and tell me how you did it I'd be genuinely grateful.

Bipe 17-01-2023 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 16788901)
The search function on here.

It's probably me being thick but I've been using the BBS for probably 20 odd years but have never managed to use the search function successfully.

I've just spent 10 mins trying to find the 'Man united are wankers' thread. I gave up.

If someone can find it and tell me how you did it I'd be genuinely grateful.

You're right, I thought I'd test it by going to World of Football - search on thread title - wanker and it didn't come up. Some other threads with the word wanker in the title did though.

The only real way to find a thread you're looking for is to start at the top and just keep scrolling down until it appears!

LN1 17-01-2023 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16788809)
What is a spincter?

It's due to the lack of Preparation H

Maz 17-01-2023 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16788809)
What is a spincter?

Something that needs Peter’s H?

Sharkba1t 17-01-2023 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16788809)
What is a spincter?

A large ancient monument outside Cairo.

HOL_Beagle 17-01-2023 10:50 AM

"Are you guys ready to order?"
"Everything alright with your meal, guys?" etc etc

:veryangry. :veryangry.

big bad John 17-01-2023 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOL_Beagle (Post 16789010)
"Are you guys ready to order?"
"Everything alright with your meal, guys?" etc etc

:veryangry. :veryangry.


"Can I get you another drink sir? Just seconds after you've taken your first swig of the 10 dollar beer that you've just waited 10 minutes for. Nothing increases the waiters tip cup more than shoving overpriced alcohol down a diners throat.if

Panther 17-01-2023 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOL_Beagle (Post 16789010)
"Are you guys ready to order?"
"Everything alright with your meal, guys?" etc etc

:veryangry. :veryangry.

“Guys” on its own does it for me.

Maidstoned Eagle 17-01-2023 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 16789295)
“Guys” on its own does it for me.

This.

CT_Palace 17-01-2023 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 16789130)
"Can I get you another drink sir? Just seconds after you've taken your first swig of the 10 dollar beer that you've just waited 10 minutes for. Nothing increases the waiters tip cup more than shoving overpriced alcohol down a diners throat.if

Sounds like bliss.

Come to Chile if you want an alternative... where the waiters think a 2nd drink is obviously an extravagance and no one in their right mind would ever think of having one let alone warrant being asked if they want one.

big bad John 17-01-2023 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 16783819)
'Am I present? Am I in the moment?'
F**k off, you self-obsessed c*nt.

"Today, I intend to be the best version of me as I partake in my journey through life."
As you so eloquently put it, "Feck off, you self obsessed cant."

Cyneagle 17-01-2023 08:24 PM

Restaurant main meals served on slates, boards, baskets. What's all that about? Give me a plate anytime. A flat one preferably.

west country boy 18-01-2023 01:21 PM

Some arsehole called Professor Susan Jebb:
Quote:

Bringing cake into the office should be seen as harmful to your colleagues in the same way as passive smoking, the chairwoman of Britain’s top food watchdog has said.

Jebb, professor of diet and population health at the University of Oxford and a member of The Times Health Commission, said it was not enough to rely on the “extraordinary efforts” of personal willpower needed to avoid overeating in a society that is constantly plying people with food.

Speaking in a personal capacity and not on behalf of the FSA, she said: “We all like to think we’re rational, intelligent, educated people who make informed choices the whole time and we undervalue the impact of the environment,” she said. “If nobody brought in cakes into the office, I would not eat cakes in the day, but because people do bring cakes in, I eat them. Now, OK, I have made a choice, but people were making a choice to go into a smoky pub.”
She does not look like she has led a happy life:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/imageserv...604&resize=900

El Aguila 18-01-2023 01:26 PM

I can see what she means.

west country boy 18-01-2023 01:30 PM

Are you just doing a Maz or do you really believe this? Whenever people brought cake into my office I wouldn't eat it. If on the other hand they had brought cigs or methadone I would have been well up for it.

El Aguila 18-01-2023 01:42 PM

Yeah but you know what birds are like.

Baffled Bob 2 18-01-2023 01:45 PM

I don't mind if we have to eat a Mr Kipling French Fancy for someone's birthday but I hate it when we have to eat the coffee and walnut cake that Zoe in accounts has baked. One day I will be bold enough to tell her it's unfit for human consumption.

adrenalin john 18-01-2023 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16788809)
What is a sphincter?

Something for you to carry arrows in?

west country boy 18-01-2023 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 16790106)
Yeah but you know what birds are like.

Ah, yes - this is true. They should of stuck to being secretaries or dinner ladies instead of getting ideas above their station.

El Aguila 18-01-2023 02:09 PM

Well I wouldn't go that far, but they're anyone's for a French Fancy, aren't they?

Malaga Eagle 18-01-2023 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16788809)
What is a spincter?

A women who's never married?:D

west country boy 18-01-2023 02:20 PM

aj's "jokes", obvs, but even more importantly the new London Underground roundel introduced by that spivvy bindipper:

https://static.standard.co.uk/2023/0...3A1335%2Csmart


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.