CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

CK 15-06-2022 02:19 PM

On Jet2 you stand, get your shit from the locker and disembark by row. A steward/ess walks down the aisle row by row. Very civilised.:p

stamford triumph 15-06-2022 02:24 PM

And what is the point of ‘speedy boarding’? If you are lucky you get through the boarding pass check first but then with the way most airports are configured that only gets you into another holding area or worse still on to a bus. Then it’s the person with the sharpest elbows who gets to the plane first whether they have a ticket that says speedy boarding or not.

PeterH 15-06-2022 04:19 PM

Yep, and that plane isn't going anywhere until everyone is on it.

I suppose it allows you to feel a little bit more special and self-important, while everyone else actually just thinks you are a narcistic prick, and be a selfish c nut by using too much space in the overhead baggage.

Switching the phone off at the last moment, and on again while walking with purpose towards baggage claim is another sure pointer. These twats probably have impressive linked in profiles.

I also suspect that there are one or two BBSers that match this profile. Let's see if they are butthurt enough to come on here and justify their self-important behaviour.

LN1 15-06-2022 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 16482997)
And the arseholes who are up and down constantly getting stuff out their bags in the overhead lockers

Never understand this, just put all the crap you need during the flight in a carrier bag while waiting at the gate and it stops the need to keep getting up and rummaging around the locker mid flight.

Eagle's Nest 15-06-2022 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford triumph (Post 16483112)
And what is the point of ‘speedy boarding’? If you are lucky you get through the boarding pass check first but then with the way most airports are configured that only gets you into another holding area or worse still on to a bus. Then it’s the person with the sharpest elbows who gets to the plane first whether they have a ticket that says speedy boarding or not.

I don't really get annoyed about how people board planes unless I feel jostled and/or my personal space is invaded.

I do find it amusing that everyone now seems to have purchased speedy boarding, which completely defeats the purpose. :)

I'm usually travelling business class and/or have the kids with me, so get to beat the queue anyway.

PS. I recognise I have used and/or several times in this post. I apologise

Isle of Wight 15-06-2022 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Gav (Post 16482401)
People at airports.

When the plane boarding begins loads of twats always rush to the front. The ******* plane isn't going to go without you and you don't get a better sear boarding first :veryangry

People who have to get to the front when the luggage starts coming on the conveyor belt then stand there not even looking as they are texting on their phones!

No but you make sure you get the overhead locker space instead of ending with you knees under you chine with the bag fitting under the space in the seat in front of you.:p

west country boy 15-06-2022 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16483541)
...you knees under you chine...

Blackgang Chine, presumably?

Hedgehog 15-06-2022 05:32 PM

We recently did some flying and we had Group 1 boarding passes for all 4 flights.

Had to fight our way through the crowds to get to the scanner to scan the boarding pass and get on the plane.

Not sure if the scanner would let people on if their Group had not been called... I suspect it wouldn't stop you.

To his credit, one of the gate agents on one of the legs was giving people hell for "gathering" at the front when it was not their turn. He was coming out with some real zingers!

greybot 15-06-2022 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16483541)
No but you make sure you get the overhead locker space instead of ending with you knees under you chine with the bag fitting under the space in the seat in front of you.:p

Correct. I queue to make sure I'm not having to clamber 10 rows in front or behind me to get my bag when it comes to exiting the plane, which could see me being one of the last ones off the plane and in a mega line at passport control. Queue at one end, to queue much less at the other end. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by LN1 (Post 16483452)
Never understand this, just put all the crap you need during the flight in a carrier bag while waiting at the gate and it stops the need to keep getting up and rummaging around the locker mid flight.

LEarnt to pay for a window seat to avoid them having me get up. Was also annoying before when someone would need about 10 wees for an hour flight.

CommercialStone 15-06-2022 06:31 PM

When people on TV or radio pronounce years as yurrs

Hedgehog 15-06-2022 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greybot (Post 16483654)
Was also annoying before when someone would need about 10 wees for an hour flight.

I'm sorry you had to sit next to my wife! :D

Stellavista 15-06-2022 08:19 PM

Rather like driving, the Golden age of flying is long gone.
The nearest we get to it is arriving or leaving from Salzburg.
Aeroplane to arrivals to car park all within 50 metres. Very civilised.

RazorsEdge 15-06-2022 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 16483775)
Rather like driving, the Golden age of flying is long gone.
The nearest we get to it is arriving or leaving from Salzburg.
Aeroplane to arrivals to car park all within 50 metres. Very civilised.

City Airport is still easy to get in and out. 30 mins max

The chap from corner shop was telling me, he lives in east end, 15 mins to airport, 30 mins for security and check in, fly to Amsterdam and take the connection to Bombay and people flying from Heathrow leaving same time as him, would still be in security queue or worse in M25

PeterH 16-06-2022 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 16483775)
Rather like driving, the Golden age of flying is long gone.
The nearest we get to it is arriving or leaving from Salzburg.
Aeroplane to arrivals to car park all within 50 metres. Very civilised.

With the au pair managing the kids and luggage as you peruse the expensive sunglasses and scarves.

PeterH 16-06-2022 05:01 AM

Not for the first time on the BBS recently this...

...but we have someone posting the pricklike behaviour of others (self-important airline passengers), and then the thread moves on to show that some BBSers are those self-same people. The lack of self awareness is startling.

Pointy elbows, up from the seat and in the overhead locker before the plane has finished taxiing, and then a fast march to passport control.

I enjoy sitting and watching their frustration when there is a coupling delay and they can't open the doors.

It is akin to the bingo business speak thread when posters started to debate earnestly the real meaning of bullshit buzzword terminology....completely missing the point.

Seriously chaps...7 billion people...you are not important..even in your own heads. Unless you are in a hurry to show even more people how important you are.

Eagle's Nest 16-06-2022 06:45 AM

People who chuff on about how much booze they drink as though it's a sign of how big their man glands are.

"Oh I had 8 bottles of wine in an afternoon".

Congratulations, it's not 1986.

Eagle's Nest 16-06-2022 06:52 AM

...the reality is you're just topping up with whatever cheap New World shite you drank the day before and then hitting the interwebs to point out all the people you think are *****. What a life.

Pidster 16-06-2022 07:30 AM

CPFC sending me messages/mails about renewing my season ticket, which puts me in panic mode, despite having done it weeks ago.

Maidstoned Eagle 16-06-2022 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 16484441)
...the reality is you're just topping up with whatever cheap New World shite you drank the day before and then hitting the interwebs to point out all the people you think are *****. What a life.

You got anyone in particular in mind?

Blind_Eagle 16-06-2022 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16485370)
You got anyone in particular in mind?

:D

Palace Bear 16-06-2022 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford triumph (Post 16483112)
And what is the point of ‘speedy boarding’? If you are lucky you get through the boarding pass check first but then with the way most airports are configured that only gets you into another holding area or worse still on to a bus. Then it’s the person with the sharpest elbows who gets to the plane first whether they have a ticket that says speedy boarding or not.

It originated with the birth of budget airlines, which at the time didn't offer the option to pre-select seats and didn't allocate seats, so it was a fastest first on the plane, you'd be rushing for exit rows. But now they allocate seats to everyone there is very little point in speedy boarding only for you to be stuck on the plane for longer. That said I guess some people find all the kerfuffle stressful, so perhaps they prefer to go on early and find it less of a stress.

Isle of Wight 16-06-2022 02:20 PM

On some airlines you also get to choose your seat as well so can get to the front or window or aisle whatever your preference

RazorsEdge 16-06-2022 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16485857)
On some airlines you also get to choose your seat as well so can get to the front or window or aisle whatever your preference

Amazing ain't it :)

PeterH 16-06-2022 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 16484441)
...the reality is you're just topping up with whatever cheap New World shite you drank the day before and then hitting the interwebs to point out all the people you think are *****. What a life.

That's harsh.

Do you not agree with the point I made. There seems a recent tendency for a poster to correctly point out something that makes 'a person' (hopefully not a BBSer) a bit of a prick... Then you have a few posters agreeing with the premise. But as sure as night follows day, along comes other posters actually proud of acting like the pricks that everyone before was taking the piss out of.

See above on this thread, and see the buzzword jargon thread.

FWIW. I don't post when I am drinking anymore. I am too busy enjoying the drinking and company to bother with this dumbed down version of the BBS. It isn't what it was, and the quality of poster is a shadow of the past. They let anyone in here these days. And the old timers seem to have difficulty spotting the frauds. In some cases the likes of Mr Maztastic enable them, and others are more interested in proofreading posts to get offended by words.

Did you see that Microsoft are retiring Internet Explorer and it is joining the 27 year club? The BBS is getting close to that milestone.

PeterH 16-06-2022 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16485857)
On some airlines you also get to choose your seat as well so can get to the front or window or aisle whatever your preference

Yep, and now pay extra for the privilege. You can pay extra to chose bog standard seat 38B in advance - even though you are probably doing them a favour. And get charged more if you want to take more than a pencil case with you on the flight. It is a cracker this world we now live in.

CK 16-06-2022 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16485872)
Yep, and now pay extra for the privilege. You can pay extra to chose bog standard seat 38B in advance - even though you are probably doing them a favour. And get charged more if you want to take more than a pencil case with you on the flight. It is a cracker this world we now live in.

Which is a boon for the likes of me who, being the possessor of the smallest bladder in christendom, likes an aisle seat:)

PeterH 16-06-2022 07:14 PM

It is curious to sit by an airport gate and watch a line of people queueing when it hasn't opened yet.

Then 10 minutes later they start boarding for special groups and then by ranges of seat numbers.

Outside of the silly late wanker, we are usually among the last on and off a plane. With minimal luggage and seemingly very little stress.

It is also fun to arrive last at the conveyer belt and find it has only just started moving. There is some pointy elbows there..

Granted..the whole passport control thing might have been fecked by Brexit. But I suspect a lot of the self-important turkeys voted for that particular Christmas.

PeterH 16-06-2022 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK (Post 16485899)
Which is a boon for the likes of me who, being the possessor of the smallest bladder in christendom, likes an aisle seat:)

My bladder is fine...but I like an aisle seat on a long flight. I find it nwar on impossible to sleep.

It deters me from making more trips back.

Isle of Wight 16-06-2022 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK (Post 16485899)
Which is a boon for the likes of me who, being the possessor of the smallest bladder in christendom, likes an aisle seat:)

Ahh I have always wondered why as soon as the aircraft is up the queue at the loo starts and doesn’t stop, even on a 45 min hop to Holland. They must all be fellow sufferers.

RazorsEdge 16-06-2022 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16486114)
Ahh I have always wondered why as soon as the aircraft is up the queue at the loo starts and doesn’t stop, even on a 45 min hop to Holland. They must all be fellow sufferers.

That is because they unload what they filled up in wetherspoons :)

KYLIE MINEAGLE 16-06-2022 11:10 PM

Wither Selhurst Celtic ?

Hedgehog 17-06-2022 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16486114)
Ahh I have always wondered why as soon as the aircraft is up the queue at the loo starts and doesn’t stop, even on a 45 min hop to Holland. They must all be fellow sufferers.

Probably guys been in the bar at the airport prior to boarding...

Ops - I see RazorsEdge beat me to it.

pallet 17-06-2022 07:35 AM

The complete false hope ypu are getting a goid deal on a budget airline when you see the cheap outbound flight. Then you choose the inbound of course twice the price, still in budget. Oh then like a mad fool you want to have a seat and take some clothes. We might as well go back to the old dats aleast the shit food was included in the price.

strawberry mivi 17-06-2022 09:59 AM

Stopping to help a few driver restart his car - blocked fuel filter - off he went on his merry way, only to then be unable to restart my own.
Turns out I'd flooded the carbs - eventually restarted after i'd called the breakdown people and sat waiting for 60 mins.
Grrr.

Isle of Wight 17-06-2022 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry mivi (Post 16486944)
Stopping to help a few driver restart his car - blocked fuel filter - off he went on his merry way, only to then be unable to restart my own.
Turns out I'd flooded the carbs - eventually restarted after i'd called the breakdown people and sat waiting for 60 mins.
Grrr.

Carbs??? Most be an old one. I thought if you simply left them for 10 mins they sorted themselves out or is that an old wives tale?

Selhurst300 17-06-2022 11:25 AM

Frustrated today with HMRC.
I received an email from them to say that they had sent a message to my account. I log on to my account to find that the message says that I have a new statement of my account. But then there is a link to find out if the statement is available. No, it's not available and it may take up to four days for it to become available.
Why not wait to send me a message about the statement when it is actually available?

Ardent Eagle Forever 17-06-2022 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greybot (Post 16483654)
Correct. I queue to make sure I'm not having to clamber 10 rows in front or behind me to get my bag when it comes to exiting the plane, which could see me being one of the last ones off the plane and in a mega line at passport control. Queue at one end, to queue much less at the other end. :p



LEarnt to pay for a window seat to avoid them having me get up. Was also annoying before when someone would need about 10 wees for an hour flight.

You'd hate me. I have crohns disease. I could shit 10 times in an hour.

Hedgehog 17-06-2022 08:02 PM

I got two messages on WhatsApp today... The first one started with "Honey"! I don't think anyone have ever called me Honey in my life... straight to delete that one.

Next one stated, "We met at a party the other day..." I don't think so! straight to delete.

Do these people think I just got off the banana boat! (Are we allowed to say that these days?)

RazorsEdge 17-06-2022 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16488000)
I got two messages on WhatsApp today... The first one started with "Honey"! I don't think anyone have ever called me Honey in my life... straight to delete that one.

Next one stated, "We met at a party the other day..." I don't think so! straight to delete.

Do these people think I just got off the banana boat! (Are we allowed to say that these days?)

Just don't click on any links

Hedgehog 17-06-2022 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16488001)
Just don't click on any links

They don't have links in them, but I bet if I was to reply saying "I think you have the wrong person" all hell would let loose.

RazorsEdge 17-06-2022 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16488005)
They don't have links in them, but I bet if I was to reply saying "I think you have the wrong person" all hell would let loose.


I would assume so.

I think I am the only person who has no WhatsApp.

I just ring and text :(

Hedgehog 17-06-2022 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16488010)
I would assume so.

I think I am the only person who has no WhatsApp.

I just ring and text :(

The only reason I have WhatsApp is a couple of friends in England asked me to get it/use it rather than using iMessinger (or Messages - is that the same thing?).

I believe they were getting charged per text to use Messages, whereas WhatsApp is free to use for them.

Personally it's six of one, half a dozen of the other, but if it's better for them, I'm happy to use it.

RazorsEdge 17-06-2022 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16488021)
The only reason I have WhatsApp is a couple of friends in England asked me to get it/use it rather than using iMessinger (or Messages - is that the same thing?).

I believe they were getting charged per text to use Messages, whereas WhatsApp is free to use for them.

Personally it's six of one, half a dozen of the other, but if it's better for them, I'm happy to use it.

That makes sense :)

strawberry mivi 17-06-2022 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16486954)
Carbs??? Most be an old one. I thought if you simply left them for 10 mins they sorted themselves out or is that an old wives tale?

They do... but you have to recognise that is the problem and not something electrical, like the fuel pump, or a blockage etc.
Once i'd given up cranking it and let it rest it eventually started.
(Still learning how to deal with 3L of Triumph V8 :p)

CT_Palace 18-06-2022 03:04 AM

Neighbours

KYLIE MINEAGLE 18-06-2022 03:33 AM

They have stopped making it. Home and Away is still going.

Hedgehog 19-06-2022 07:02 PM

When you use the "Contact Us" feature of a company or organizations website to ask a question, and they send you back an answer that does not answer your question, and in fact boarders on irrelevant.

And that is if they respond at all!

Isle of Wight 19-06-2022 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16491595)
When you use the "Contact Us" feature of a company or organizations website to ask a question, and they send you back an answer that does not answer your question, and in fact boarders on irrelevant.

And that is if they respond at all!

Yep those “AI” auto responses and chat bots

cross_eyed_ed 19-06-2022 07:29 PM

The term "batters" as insisted upon by the MCC this season. It really gets my back up.

churley1988 19-06-2022 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16488005)
They don't have links in them, but I bet if I was to reply saying "I think you have the wrong person" all hell would let loose.

It was me, just catching up to see how you are!

Hedgehog 19-06-2022 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by churley1988 (Post 16491719)
It was me, just catching up to see how you are!

I'm doing fine honey! See you at the next party... :rolleyes:

Chillo 19-06-2022 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cross_eyed_ed (Post 16491695)
The term "batters" as insisted upon by the MCC this season. It really gets my back up.

Not just MCC, wall-to-wall on 5live.

JJ 20-06-2022 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16488010)
I think I am the only person who has no WhatsApp. (

I don't have it either. Relatives keep telling me to get it, and the football club puts out announcements on it, which is a pain in the arse, but I think I'll survive without it.

Hedgehog 20-06-2022 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ (Post 16492150)
I don't have it either. Relatives keep telling me to get it, and the football club puts out announcements on it, which is a pain in the arse, but I think I'll survive without it.

I asked my mate in the UK if he got charged for when I texted him using the Apple Messenger. He said he didn't, and then he started using WhatsApp to text me...

A bit confused really... do you get charged to use Messenger, or is it an Apple to Apple thing verses, Apple to Android or Samsung etc. that incurs cost?

Hedgehog 20-06-2022 03:49 AM

Why do I keep getting Everton and West Ham news on my Facebook home page?

Reps AJ 20-06-2022 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16492154)
I asked my mate in the UK if he got charged for when I texted him using the Apple Messenger. He said he didn't, and then he started using WhatsApp to text me...

A bit confused really... do you get charged to use Messenger, or is it an Apple to Apple thing verses, Apple to Android or Samsung etc. that incurs cost?

Can you send someone on Android a message via Messenger? Does it turn into a text message if they're not on Apple?

My main use for What's App is group chat, not one-to-one texts

Jim Cannon 20-06-2022 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cross_eyed_ed (Post 16491695)
The term "batters" as insisted upon by the MCC this season. It really gets my back up.

I am not even a cricket fan and it winds me up too:D

MFBias 20-06-2022 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16492154)
I asked my mate in the UK if he got charged for when I texted him using the Apple Messenger. He said he didn't, and then he started using WhatsApp to text me...

A bit confused really... do you get charged to use Messenger, or is it an Apple to Apple thing verses, Apple to Android or Samsung etc. that incurs cost?

One is a text message the other is an instant message.

I think Blackberry started the concept of phone to phone instant messages that were free. If on Iphone, your messages will be blue if they are going to another Iphone and therefore free, they will be green if going to another phone manufacturer and be classes as a text message rather than an instant message, also they will take longer to send.

Whatsapp was novel that you were able to do international calls for free over wifi. Also whatsapp had the concept of threads, groups and various other forms of multimedia being sent all for free rather than concern about having to pay £1 for a picture message. I believe whatsapp is another step in the way people communicate. For me now a call out of the blue, or a missed call not followed by a message not stating the reason for the call is poor etiquette, this changed for me when messaging became something different due to whatsapp. Also the death of voicemail is linked.

Hedgehog 20-06-2022 03:51 PM

^ Thanks.

I always get a bit confused by the green or blue texts - can never remember which is which.

I have the feature switched on my phone that if the call if not from one of my contacts it goes straight to voice mail. Had it switched on for about 3 months and so far I think one person has left a message - and that was a sales pitch.

Herr Colonpharter 21-06-2022 10:56 AM

Nosey neighbours . . . when one of mine gets mail for me in error, not content with just popping it through my door they ring the bell to explain and then hand it over. WTF?

Just like the old bint in the Sun Life commercial

Jukesy 21-06-2022 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16493316)
^ Thanks.

I always get a bit confused by the green or blue texts - can never remember which is which.

I have the feature switched on my phone that if the call if not from one of my contacts it goes straight to voice mail. Had it switched on for about 3 months and so far I think one person has left a message - and that was a sales pitch.

Whatsapp is the only widely used encrypted mesaaging app and thus is the safest way to communicate.

Olympian2 21-06-2022 01:35 PM

Jeez, this new single by Suggs & Paul Weller.

It's entitled 'Oooh Do U Fink U R' for ****s sake & it's ******* awful...

Isle of Wight 21-06-2022 01:43 PM

I am so looking forward to the day when Cycling Mikey gets done for something. I agree with most of what he was doing but he has become a zealot. Poor bloke sitting in solid stationary traffic paying his congestion charge. Traffic starts phone down. Drives off. But Micky reports him. 6 points and £200 fine.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 21-06-2022 01:45 PM

..................Tories!

west country boy 21-06-2022 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jukesy (Post 16495363)
Whatsapp is the only widely used encrypted mesaaging app and thus is the safest way to communicate.

Owned by the Rothschilds though innit #ItWasAScam

Mad Max 21-06-2022 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 16492513)
Can you send someone on Android a message via Messenger? Does it turn into a text message if they're not on Apple?

My main use for What's App is group chat, not one-to-one texts

I hardly use messenger anymore.When I was with Virgin they stopped the ability to send pictures,now giff gaff are the same.Whatsapp lets you do all sorts of stuff.The best one is phone calls abroad via wifi for free.

big bad John 21-06-2022 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr Colonpharter (Post 16495015)
Nosey neighbours . . . when one of mine gets mail for me in error, not content with just popping it through my door they ring the bell to explain and then hand it over. WTF?

No good deed goes unpunished.

stevek 21-06-2022 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16495500)
I am so looking forward to the day when Cycling Mikey gets done for something. I agree with most of what he was doing but he has become a zealot. Poor bloke sitting in solid stationary traffic paying his congestion charge. Traffic starts phone down. Drives off. But Micky reports him. 6 points and £200 fine.

Using a phone even in stationary traffic is dangerous.

"The primary impairment that drivers face from using a phone behind the wheel, is the mental distraction from the driving task. Research has shown that after using your phone, it can take half a minute to regain full
attention, during which time your driving is impaired"

art malice 21-06-2022 05:25 PM

There needs to be studies about drivers constantly yakking to fellow passengers. And arguments. These seem to be perfectly legal but can be just as dangerous.
A few years back someone was having a barney with her daughter (I think) then reversed straight into me without looking. I could hear them through the open windows.

chrisophiex 21-06-2022 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16495461)
Jeez, this new single by Suggs & Paul Weller.

It's entitled 'Oooh Do U Fink U R' for ****s sake & it's ******* awful...


Christ… it’s awful. Is that what Paul Weller sings like now ? Dreadful.

west country boy 21-06-2022 05:32 PM

Paul Weller is an absolute arse. He annoys me, although I am a fan of the Style Council.

Sash City Rocker 21-06-2022 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 16496254)
Christ… it’s awful. Is that what Paul Weller sings like now ? Dreadful.

Full title I think has sunshine as last word...
Who do you think you are Sunshine...
Chas and Dave would have done it better.

Awful title, awful song, you're right.

Sash City Rocker 21-06-2022 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16496261)
Paul Weller is an absolute arse. He annoys me, although I am a fan of the Style Council.



Have you ever met him..I did years ago around time of in the city... And you are not wrong!

He was arrogant then, God knows what he's like now! Bruce Foxton was best of them. Rick Buckler ok. But Paul Weller... Nah

Chucky 21-06-2022 07:18 PM

"you must be fun at parties"

Such a shit argument used by absolute tools.

Prince Phillip 21-06-2022 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16495461)
Jeez, this new single by Suggs & Paul Weller.

It's entitled 'Oooh Do U Fink U R' for ****s sake & it's ******* awful...

If this collaboration saves us from Weller's 37th solo album about the craters on the moon, flowers at the bottom of the garden and the sea reflecting in his children's eyes, then it might be a price worth paying.

danpalace07 21-06-2022 07:55 PM

Bad grass

Joe85 21-06-2022 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16495500)
I am so looking forward to the day when Cycling Mikey gets done for something. I agree with most of what he was doing but he has become a zealot. Poor bloke sitting in solid stationary traffic paying his congestion charge. Traffic starts phone down. Drives off. But Micky reports him. 6 points and £200 fine.

Snitches get stitches.

west country boy 21-06-2022 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16496429)
Snitches get stitches.

https://i2-prod.belfastlive.co.uk/in...ucifiction.jpg

Isle of Wight 21-06-2022 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16496429)
Snitches get stitches.

I don’t have a problem with him when he does his Gandalf corner stuff and light jumping and the rest of the shit but his arrogance of being a moral crusader grinds my gears. He does it to post another vid and make more click money. He’s just so ducking run and tell teacher *****that you used to get a school. Needs his head pushed down the lav and flushed.

art malice 21-06-2022 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16496421)
If this collaboration saves us from Weller's 37th solo album about the craters on the moon, flowers at the bottom of the garden and the sea reflecting in his children's eyes, then it might be a price worth paying.

:lux:

Joe85 21-06-2022 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16496511)
I don’t have a problem with him when he does his Gandalf corner stuff and light jumping and the rest of the shit but his arrogance of being a moral crusader grinds my gears. He does it to post another vid and make more click money. He’s just so ducking run and tell teacher *****that you used to get a school. Needs his head pushed down the lav and flushed.


Looks like someone already has:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...f2c7604313.jpg

Isle of Wight 21-06-2022 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16496513)

I wish I was there when it happened. I want someone to spend their time following him around with a camera and a big Kenny Everett finger and a mega phone shouting “look out look out there’s a Pratt about”

PeterH 22-06-2022 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16496513)

Isn't that Maidstoned?

As for toilet flushing - apt that he is at Lavender Hill.

PeterH 22-06-2022 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16496439)

TOUTS are fine though.

PeterH 22-06-2022 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucky (Post 16496396)
"you must be fun at parties"

Such a shit argument used by absolute tools.

Have you considered that it might be you that is the problem here?

pallet 22-06-2022 07:52 AM

Grown men who smell of BO at work

MFBias 22-06-2022 07:58 AM

The phrase ‘kick on’ used on here in any context to mean improve or get started.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 22-06-2022 08:49 AM

Easy peelers that aren't easy to peel. Whoever puts the peel on needs sacking.

ceeby 22-06-2022 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16496942)
Grown men who smell of BO at work

Any adult that smells of BO. Even outside, some people can make 100 sq ft of street stink. The malodorous feckers.

stange555 22-06-2022 09:30 AM

Leeds UTD fans and their massive car stickers. Why is it always them?

JimmyAG 22-06-2022 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stange555 (Post 16497002)
Leeds UTD fans and there massive car stickers. Why is it always them?

So no-one steals their cars? :confused:

Jim Cannon 22-06-2022 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stange555 (Post 16497002)
Leeds UTD fans and there massive car stickers. Why is it always them?

After they lose their 2 best players this summer they will soon be down

west country boy 22-06-2022 11:00 AM

Gary Lineker in general, but him claiming that he has been subject to racism is particularly annoying. He'll claim to be trans next if it flogs more crisps/diverts attention away from some of the more colourful rumours that have surrounded him for years.

Prince Phillip 22-06-2022 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16497074)
Gary Lineker in general, but him claiming that he has been subject to racism is particularly annoying. He'll claim to be trans next if it flogs more crisps/diverts attention away from some of the more colourful rumours that have surrounded him for years.

Like a lot of these celeb aliments and sufferings, wouldn't be surprised if it was hatched out over coffee in their publicist's office.
"What can we claim next, O client of mine...?"

BERT'S HEAD 22-06-2022 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16497074)
Gary Lineker in general, but him claiming that he has been subject to racism is particularly annoying. He'll claim to be trans next if it flogs more crisps/diverts attention away from some of the more colourful rumours that have surrounded him for years.

https://twitter.com/garylineker/stat...960?lang=en-GB

Havel 22-06-2022 12:50 PM

Please who used golfing terms whilst playing Wordle

BERT'S HEAD 22-06-2022 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havel (Post 16497386)
Please who used golfing terms whilst playing Wordle

Par for the course.

west country boy 22-06-2022 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havel (Post 16497386)
Please who used golfing terms whilst playing Wordle

Yes. Obviously you expect it from feckless wankers like Wolfie or El Angular but it is disappointing when otherwise sensible BBSers indulge in such shite. I'll let Hedgehog off though as he is both American and extremely agèd.

Olympian2 22-06-2022 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16497425)
Yes. Obviously you expect it from feckless wankers like Wolfie or El Angular but it is disappointing when otherwise sensible BBSers indulge in such shite. I'll let Hedgehog off though as he is both American and extremely agèd.

:hi: :p

Pierre 22-06-2022 01:41 PM

Over zealous dental assistants who constantly pinch the side of your lip against your teeth whilst they use the suction probe.
Dentist is drilling my tooth, the drill is squirting water around my teeth and the assistant thinks she is hoovering the front room of her house with a bloody Dyson! Not gently removing any excess water from my mouth!!!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.