CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   County Cricket 2021 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=283690)

ANDYEAGLE 14-07-2021 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Coveta (Post 15902362)
Rumors going round that they are cancelling the 50 over competition this year to accommodate "The Hundred ". I guess because there are not enough players to play in both with all of the withdrawals.
Just cancel The Hundred ! It was a a load of bollox anyway but now nobody big is going to play in it it's hardly going to pull in the crowds and enthusiasm they had hoped for. I for one have zero interest in this and would much rather watch the counties third elevens in the 50 over competition which would bring valuable experience for many young cricketers who don't get a game and we might even uncover a couple of gems.

I will be upset if this is true. The 50 over games are my favourite these days. Feck the 100. Will be surprised if they do this.
At the oval for 3 1/2 hours today. When I got there and saw the score 33/4 I thought it was Surrey following on. Amla held up the end again and a good innings from Smith.

desperado 14-07-2021 05:34 PM

Surrey get another draw and it's Division 2 next season

There are a lot of southern counties in Division 2 next year

Mick 14-07-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Coveta (Post 15902362)
Rumors going round that they are cancelling the 50 over competition this year to accommodate "The Hundred ". I guess because there are not enough players to play in both with all of the withdrawals.
Just cancel The Hundred ! It was a a load of bollox anyway but now nobody big is going to play in it it's hardly going to pull in the crowds and enthusiasm they had hoped for. I for one have zero interest in this and would much rather watch the counties third elevens in the 50 over competition which would bring valuable experience for many young cricketers who don't get a game and we might even uncover a couple of gems.

Hope this is not true, as looking forward to the Guildford match on the 27th and the Oval on the 30th, without the restrictions.

Palace Dan 14-07-2021 06:18 PM

Hampshire do their usual squeak in at the end...

Stats74 14-07-2021 06:19 PM

They will not cancel the Hundred again. It’s now or never for that.

Wolfnipplechips 14-07-2021 06:31 PM

Never sounds preferable.

ANDYEAGLE 14-07-2021 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 15902496)
Hope this is not true, as looking forward to the Guildford match on the 27th and the Oval on the 30th, without the restrictions.

Surrey have announced that they have sold out for Guildford for non members. No way can I see them cancelling the 50 over comp. A bad rumour.

Olympian2 14-07-2021 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 15902507)
Surrey have announced that they have sold out for Guildford for non members. No way can I see them cancelling the 50 over comp. A bad rumour.

Here’s the Dobell article about the potential scrapping of the RLC tournament. I can absolutely see it being cancelled, ECB must be so desperate for The Hundred to go ahead. RL must be furious. ECB will blame it on COVID.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/d...-sides-1269618

RobertCPFC 14-07-2021 10:38 PM

Kent drew with Sussex. In the circumstances I thought that was a very good result.

The County Championship Divisions in September are:
Division One: Nottinghamshire, Warwickshire, Somerset, Hampshire, Lancashire, Yorkshire
Division Two: Durham, Essex, Gloucestershire, Surrey, Northamptonshire, Glamorgan
Division Three: Worcestershire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Middlesex, Kent, Sussex

That phase starts on August 30th after the One Day Cup, The Hundred and T20 quarter finals. It's four games against the counties not your original group. Each side carries over half the total points from the games against the team who were in your group.

Some of the 50 over matches against National Counties (including Kent v Suffolk) have been cancelled but I can't see them going as far as cancelling the One Day Cup.

Olympian2 14-07-2021 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertCPFC (Post 15902781)
Kent drew with Sussex. In the circumstances I thought that was a very good result.

The County Championship Divisions in September are:
Division One: Nottinghamshire, Warwickshire, Somerset, Hampshire, Lancashire, Yorkshire
Division Two: Durham, Essex, Gloucestershire, Surrey, Northamptonshire, Glamorgan
Division Three: Worcestershire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Middlesex, Kent, Sussex

That phase starts on August 30th after the One Day Cup, The Hundred and T20 quarter finals. It's four games against the counties not your original group. Each side carries over half the total points from the games against the team who were in your group.

Some of the 50 over matches against National Counties (including Kent v Suffolk) have been cancelled but I can't see them going as far as cancelling the One Day Cup.

ECB : Hold my beer

Ian Hart 14-07-2021 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertCPFC (Post 15902781)
It's four games against the counties not your original group. Each side carries over half the total points from the games against the team who were in your group.

I think I may be losing the will to live

Olympian2 14-07-2021 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Hart (Post 15902799)
I think I may be losing the will to live

The Hundred will be along to finish you off soon enough :p

ANDYEAGLE 15-07-2021 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Hart (Post 15902799)
I think I may be losing the will to live

It's your age. I thought it was the end of the County games for the year. Now we have 4 more I think:confused: So if we win them what happens next year?

On another note if Glamorgan beat Somerset and we beat Gloucester do we qualify as Gloucester's last game is Somerset. Or we win tomorrow and Somerset beat Gloucester ? Jacks back tomorrow but we will still be underdogs.

Dobbo 15-07-2021 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desperado (Post 15902457)
Surrey get another draw and it's Division 2 next season

There are a lot of southern counties in Division 2 next year

It doesn't affect next season - these Divisions are for the last games of this season.

desperado 15-07-2021 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobbo (Post 15904625)
It doesn't affect next season - these Divisions are for the last games of this season.

Yep as you say

It's me being an idiot - I got told that the three teams finishing at the bottom of each group in the round finishing this week would form Division 2 of the Championship next year and believed what I was told

ANDYEAGLE 16-07-2021 05:27 PM

Good performance by Surrey and the David chap done his job. Can Glamorgan do us a favour.

spike 16-07-2021 06:20 PM

I think we need:
(Glamorgan to win tonight against Somerset
or
Somerset to beat Gloucester on Sunday
or
Sussex to lose both their games)
AND
(Hampshire to drop a point or fail to overcome a 58 run deficit)

Norwich_Eagle 16-07-2021 08:27 PM

Glamorgan already three down so I don't think they'll be helping much.

cappuccinoeagle 16-07-2021 09:07 PM

I’m a Surrey fan but congrats to Kent on a superb win with a side of many names I don’t know of.

Norwich_Eagle 16-07-2021 09:15 PM

Hampshire look like they're going to win tonight as well so this is going to be very very close


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.