CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Strathclyde Eagle 19-09-2011 03:14 PM

Some bottle LLCOOLSTEVE and Funk Butter have got, picking Washington & Denver in the survival league and winning. :p

Think everyone got through this week. Nice work everyone. :lux:

Strathclyde Eagle 19-09-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Patriots-Chargers.

Please. Norv will make a hideous mess of it somehow. Pats/Jets (unfortunately) vs Steelers/Ravens.

Enjoyed this week a lot more for not seeing a single Dolphins snap.

BLUE BOY 19-09-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Knowing your luck, Pointless Pete will take Matt Barkley at #1 instead.

:sob:

Strathclyde Eagle 19-09-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Nolan Carroll is a joke. We'd be better with Roy Carroll at CB.

Diahann Carroll? Any advances on Diahann Carroll?

pauldrulez 19-09-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Kafka is good though, needed more faith in him earlier

I'd ask you to define good.

I doubt the Falcons gameplanned for Kafka, so like a lot of backup QBs, they come in and perform well. (Flynn, Hanie, Hoyer etc, and previously, the likes of Feeley). The usual result of a QB being knocked out of the game is to pressure the backup, if they can get rid of the ball quick, they'll make plays.

pauldrulez 19-09-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Diahann Carroll? Any advances on Diahann Carroll?

Andy Carroll?

Lewis Carroll?

Swanny32 19-09-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
Other than Vick getting injured (shock horror!) the Eagles just can't defend against the run or match up against tight ends. Anyone would think the linebackers are bloody useless. :veryangry

Vick got injured but it wasn't one of those injuries you would expect him to get, it was a genuine accident and very unlucky for him, wasn't like he was on one of his runs and got absolutely pulverized by a DB or LB.

Kafka came in and did pretty well for someone who has never thrown a ball in a regular season game and we were very unfortunate to not make a first down at the end, I'd have put money on Maclin making that catch. Feel gutted that we didn't win that game and probably would have if Vick hadn't gotten injured, but thats football. Giants next Sunday live on Sky :lux: so back to winning ways hopefully.

My final thought.....we do REALLY need a decent MLB who can stop the run, in two weeks we have faced 2 of the best RB's in NFL in Steven Jackson and Michael "The Burner" Turner, Jackson only lasted 2 plays but in that time he clocked up over 50 yards rushing, Turner last night racked up over 100 yards albeit over half of them coming on one 61 yard play toward the end of the game but it really highlights how fragile we are against the run. This is definitely something we need to address if we are going to be taken seriously this year.

Swanny32 19-09-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

I doubt the Falcons gameplanned for Kafka, so like a lot of backup QBs, they come in and perform well. (Flynn, Hanie, Hoyer etc, and previously, the likes of Feeley). The usual result of a QB being knocked out of the game is to pressure the backup, if they can get rid of the ball quick, they'll make plays.

You're right but I think you should also take into account the situation he entered i.e. Vick love fest, the pressure on his shoulders being in such a tight game, the nerves he was no doubt experiencing then to hit that bomb to Maclin was very impressive. He conducted himself very well and I think he showed us Philly fans that we can have faith in him....unfortunately we just got unlucky last night.

LLCOOLSTEVE 19-09-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Some bottle LLCOOLSTEVE and Funk Butter have got, picking Washington & Denver in the survival league and winning. :p

Never in doubt :D :moo:

I actually quite like the look of redskins this year, They should have won by more yday, 2 picks when close to end zone and a blocked FG

pauldrulez 19-09-2011 09:09 PM

Lions get me through to week 3.

I'm out of my other one, went with the Ravens.

Funk Butter 19-09-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

I chickened out on my money pool, went with the Jets in that one.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 19-09-2011 10:52 PM

Sigh. Jon Beason out for the season last week, and this week another top LB, Thomas Davis tears his ACL for the third time, having just returned for a couple of games after almost 2 seasons out.

Time for the Panthers defense to run up the white flag.

LLCOOLSTEVE 19-09-2011 10:55 PM

Its really bad luck for Davis, got to feel for him :(

ardeo 19-09-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

A second year qb drafted in the later rounds who is currently third on the roster and had never taken a competitive snap in the nfl throwing 5 completions in a row, including a perfect throw deep before an excellent read and good throw on 4th down against the blitz was dropped.

He did this in a pressure situation against a superbowl contender in their dome. We certainly didn't lose because of kafka he barely put a foot wrong.

jazman 19-09-2011 11:43 PM

Sources suggest that Tony Romo suffered a punctured lung in the game last night. Bloody hell :eek:

SteveyHawking 20-09-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Sources suggest that Tony Romo suffered a punctured lung in the game last night. Bloody hell :eek:

He's nothing on Jay Cutler. :D

LLCOOLSTEVE 20-09-2011 04:10 AM

If you get a chance check out Hixons TD catch at the end of 2nd quarter in the Giants/Rams game from tonight

jazman 20-09-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
If you get a chance check out Hixons TD catch at the end of 2nd quarter in the Giants/Rams game from tonight

That's sheer brilliance ... I thought the G-Men may struggle in that one but managed to beat the Rams. The NFC BEast is back with a vengeance this season.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 20-09-2011 09:28 AM

Quote from NFL.COM article

"Falcons coach Mike Smith said after the game that he believed it was a legal hit and "that's the way we teach it."

"My opinion didn't change," he said Monday before the NFL made its ruling."

All I will say is Dunta Robinson is a piece of shit and the Falcons coach needs to go to Spec Savers ........................... WOW what a T ....osser!!!! :veryangry :grrr:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-eagles-maclin

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 20-09-2011 09:37 AM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...on-illegal-hit

:grrr: