CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

oz_da II 20-09-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
That's sheer brilliance ... I thought the G-Men may struggle in that one but managed to beat the Rams. The NFC BEast is back with a vengeance this season.

Going off the call of Boomer Esiason on the radio the Rams beat themselves and Eli was terrible.

SteveyHawking 20-09-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile

For those that don't have Gamepass this shows both his hit on Maclin on Sunday and Jackson last year. Sod fines, suspensions will be the only thing to stop cowardly challenges like this.

Latvian Eagle 20-09-2011 10:39 AM

Those are two awful challenges. I have no idea why you'd run into someone like that! You're probably as likely to hurt yourself as you are the other person, surely?

SteveyHawking 20-09-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
Those are two awful challenges. I have no idea why you'd run into someone like that! You're probably as likely to hurt yourself as you are the other person, surely?

The one with Jackson last year gave both of them a concussion! He is totally reckless but as EEIE points out if his coach actively encourages such behaviour instead of teaching him how to tackle properly nothing will change. If being a repeat offender resulted in a suspension and not an increased fine I'm sure things would start to change.

Swanny32 20-09-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
For those that don't have Gamepass this shows both his hit on Maclin on Sunday and Jackson last year. Sod fines, suspensions will be the only thing to stop cowardly challenges like this.

Disgraceful tackle and one that had me swearing at the TV this year and last year. Deserves a suspension without a doubt.

ardeo 20-09-2011 02:26 PM

He should have been thrown out the game for it.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 20-09-2011 03:14 PM

He probably won't get punished too severely, as he has expressed no desire to fail to urinate on the NFL Commissioner should he suddenly be engulfed in flames.

However, the Falcons coach is a very annoying man, with his Steve Martin hair, Martin Scorsese eyebrows, and ability to successfully challenge every marginal Panthers play call in history.

Swanny32 20-09-2011 03:26 PM

$40,000 fine is all he got....apparently the NFL are investigating the hit still. I don't know what there is to investigate though, one look at that video should be enough to hang him from the rafters.

oz_da II 20-09-2011 04:15 PM

Any word on if the snipers in the crowd shooting members of the Giants defence were caught?

Bellyman 20-09-2011 08:12 PM

That hit is nasty, what an idiot!

The Djax hit was worse, but still should have been kicked out of the game and banned!!!

AddiscombeEagle 20-09-2011 08:50 PM

I am no steelers fan, far from it but that hit is worse than a lot of what their fines were for last year. If Harrison had done that, what would they have fined him.

Saying that if the hit had been on Hines Ward, I may have turned a blind eye to it.

AddiscombeEagle 20-09-2011 09:07 PM

Ngata signs new five year contract. great news for the ravens.

Swanny32 20-09-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddiscombeEagle
I am no steelers fan, far from it but that hit is worse than a lot of what their fines were for last year. If Harrison had done that, what would they have fined him.

Saying that if the hit had been on Hines Ward, I may have turned a blind eye to it.

99.99% of the world would have turned a blind eye to it too.

AddiscombeEagle 20-09-2011 09:20 PM

Ngata now the highest paid player in the NFL for the first two years of a contract other than QB's.

Latvian Eagle 20-09-2011 09:57 PM

Adds what the Hell happened to Baltimore Sunday? After a great start not only to lose to Tennessee but to lose to a team led by Matt Hasslebeck! :eek: Not good!

AddiscombeEagle 20-09-2011 10:26 PM

Telling me, shock of the weekend, Harbaugh said it was down to lack of execution rather than anything else.

Guess next couple of weeks will show whether the Titans result was the shock or actually the steelers result.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 21-09-2011 05:49 AM

Q. What do you do when your opponent's no huddle offense is beating yo ass?

A. ........

pauldrulez 21-09-2011 05:33 PM

Take a look at San Diego on Sunday for that.

Brothers Gronk nearly removed Shaun Phillips from the field by force after he laid on the ground for the 3rd series in a row.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 21-09-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Take a look at San Diego on Sunday for that.

Brothers Gronk nearly removed Shaun Phillips from the field by force after he laid on the ground for the 3rd series in a row.

It's what happens when the defensive linemen link arms.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 21-09-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Any word on if the snipers in the crowd shooting members of the Giants defence were caught?

After seeing the video put on by VHA I now get it ........ :D ;)