CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 23-11-2012 01:33 PM

Seriously, how unlucky was that bounce at the kick off for the Cowboys last night. I know that is all about luck but for the Skins to run it back for a TD was remarkable. Too little too late for us unfortunately. But wow at RGIII. He took the hits and had an incredible game. I thought he'd never het up after Ware and Spencer hit him. Saying that, Romo had over 400 yards. Mental.

peagle 23-11-2012 01:36 PM

Not many better ways to wake up than by watching the Patriots annihilate the Jets! Imagine if we'd have had a fit side too.

CT_Palace 23-11-2012 06:33 PM

Thanksgiving Day points fest :lux:

pauldrulez 23-11-2012 07:27 PM

Dirty Sanchez.

Russboy 23-11-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter

Although the outcome was unfortunate (snigger) I actually think this was a brilliant attempt by Sanchez to solve the Jets starting QB problem...

By disappearing up an offensive linesman's arse.

ardeo 23-11-2012 09:49 PM

I did actually laugh out loud a couple of times at the Jets when I watched it last night. They were doing ok and then just blew the game in the space of about a minute with 3 hilarious turnovers.

That was after chuckling about the Cowboys as they gave up 28 first half points to the Skins at home on thanksgiving. Cowboys really are rubbish. Skins have the chance to make a push for the playoffs now, as their defence seems to have started playing better.

Looking forward to Sunday's games now!

jazman 23-11-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
ICowboys really are rubbish.

Those in glass houses ;)

SteveyHawking 23-11-2012 10:19 PM

The NFC East as a whole is pretty garbage this year.

Funk Butter 25-11-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
Congratulations NFL, the stupidest of your 100's of stupid rules rears its head for the 2nd week in a row.

Add to this the stupid rule that nullifies illegal contact by the defense if the QB is out of the pocket. Comes up against the Falcons (surprise) and of course was misapplied as Ryan was nowhere near out of the pocket. I would tell all my defenders to tackle the receivers as soon as the QB leaves the pocket. Just like every QB should pump the ball as soon as they get it, so if they fumble they can claim the Tuck Rule.

BLUE BOY 25-11-2012 07:58 PM

Watching the Miami/Seattle game, both D's well on top, way it's going it could be first team to score wins!

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 25-11-2012 10:19 PM

Hey Dave .... Woof Woof!!! Nice one!!! Feck off Stoolers!!! :lux: :hi: ;)

Swanny32 25-11-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Hey Dave .... Woof Woof!!! Nice one!!! Feck off Stoolers!!! :lux: :hi: ;)

:lux: :lux:

ardeo 25-11-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Those in glass houses ;)

Yea, but we know how crap we are ;)

Something that amused me this morning was when watching the fox broadcast they said:

"Coming up next, America's game of the week 49ers @ Saints, but some of you will be watching Rams @ Cardinals"

Couldn't imagine how upset i would be to have to watch the latter over the former :)

As it is I had to go to work and watch neither :(

AddiscombeEagle 26-11-2012 01:58 AM

Anyone see that play by Ray Rice on 4th and 29. Wow!

Funk Butter 26-11-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddiscombeEagle
Anyone see that play by Ray Rice on 4th and 29. Wow!

Firstly, a terrible defensive play by the Chargers (no surprise). Secondly, a terrible spot by the refs (no surprise). Thirdly, a terribly respot by the refs after looking at it on replay (no surprise). I wish I could say I was surprised.

SteveyHawking 26-11-2012 03:59 AM

Giants looking pretty impressive against the Packers tonight...

peagle 26-11-2012 11:02 AM

Really sad to see the end of Fireman Ed... though naturally the sight of him makes me a bit queasy, he was a sporting institution in his own right and it's always sad to see something like that stop.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 26-11-2012 02:07 PM

Don't forget, the football weekend isn't over yet. Two goliaths of the game meet on tonight's Monday Night Football, hoping to get that win that will propel their fightback into the playoffs.

SteveyHawking 26-11-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Don't forget, the football weekend isn't over yet. Two goliaths of the game meet on tonight's Monday Night Football, hoping to get that win that will propel their fightback into the playoffs.

The Toilet Bowl! :lux: :lux: :lux:

:D

Vince Hilaire's Afro 26-11-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
The Toilet Bowl! :lux: :lux: :lux:

:D

Indeed! I thought I had some vague recollection of Ryan Kalil promising me that my team was headed for the Superbowl this year, but this must have been what he was referring to.