CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Vince Hilaire's Afro 26-11-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russboy
Although the outcome was unfortunate (snigger) I actually think this was a brilliant attempt by Sanchez to solve the Jets starting QB problem...

By disappearing up an offensive linesman's arse.

It looked funny, but I do wonder how much it hurts to actually get a helmet up the arse?

Latvian Eagle 26-11-2012 06:29 PM

Panthers playing Eagles tonight... Should be "interesting". :eek:

Vince Hilaire's Afro 26-11-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle

Of course it's interesting. Will both teams be turrible on offense and defense, or will just one team be turrible? Will one team be turrible on offense but ok on defense, and the other be turrible on defense but ok on offense? And so on....

Funk Butter 26-11-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You have to look long and hard to find a worse "Monday Night Football" matchup than the contest between Philadelphia and Carolina.

Thankfully, the folks at ESPN Stats & Information did. The Eagles and Panthers are a combined 5-15 this season. Thatís a .250 winning percentage.

But, believe it or not, this isnít the worst game in the history of "Monday Night Football," although itís pretty darn close.

Counting only matchups that came at least eight games into the season, the classic tilt between the 1-11 Chargers and the 3-9 Jets in 1975 (remember where you were that night?), ranks as the worst. The Chargers and Jets had a combined .167 wining percentage.

The only other matchup that was worse was a .200 winning percentage when the 3-7 Giants played the 1-9 Oilers in 1994.
I think there was also a classic early 80's matchup between Atlanta and the Vikings where both teams had lost 17 in a row between them.

Latvian Eagle 26-11-2012 09:46 PM

In terms of actual game play rather than team records wasn't the game involving the Steelers where the ball got stuck in the turf from a punt a Monday Night Game? Pretty sure that game also only ended 3-0?! Is that the lowest score ever in the NFL or has there ever been a 2-0 or 0-0? :eek:

Vince Hilaire's Afro 26-11-2012 09:57 PM

wasnt there a primetime game last season featuring the Jaguars and possibly the ravens? even Jaguar fans couldnt bear watching the Jaguars!

elliott 26-11-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

In terms of actual game play rather than team records wasn't the game involving the Steelers where the ball got stuck in the turf from a punt a Monday Night Game? Pretty sure that game also only ended 3-0?! Is that the lowest score ever in the NFL or has there ever been a 2-0 or 0-0? :eek:

That game was truly hideous. Almost killed me, especially with the late start because of the lightning.

Latvian Eagle 26-11-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
That game was truly hideous. Almost killed me, especially with the late start because of the lightning.

That game was against Miami wasn't it? For some reason whenever I think of it I always imagine it being NY Jets. Not sure why. :confused:

Funk Butter 26-11-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Fewest Points, Both Teams, Game
0 In many games. Last time: N.Y. Giants vs. Detroit,
Nov. 7, 1943
Quote:

Fewest Points, Shutout Victory, Game
2 Akron vs. Buffalo, Nov. 29, 1923
Kansas City vs. Buffalo, Nov. 21, 1926
Frankford vs. Green Bay, Nov. 29, 1928
Green Bay vs. Chi. Bears, Oct. 16, 1932
Chi. Bears vs. Green Bay, Sept. 18, 1938
For those that like a good defensive struggle, you were born a grandfather too late.

Funk Butter 26-11-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Seattle Seahawks starting cornerbacks Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner are facing four-game suspensions for violating the NFL's performance-enhancing drug policy, according to league sources.

Both Sherman and Browner tested positive for Adderall and are appealing their suspensions, insisting they are innocent, according to sources. The appeal could be heard as early as this week.
I think this will effectively kill Seattle's chances of getting to the playoffs. Second, what exactly does Adderall do for players cause I thought it was for hyper kids.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 27-11-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
I think this will effectively kill Seattle's chances of getting to the playoffs. Second, what exactly does Adderall do for players cause I thought it was for hyper kids.

It's apparently good to help people concentrate, but in my experience with people who take it, it's more likely that they'll go bonkers.

Funk Butter 27-11-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
It's apparently good to help people concentrate, but in my experience with people who take it, it's more likely that they'll go bonkers.

With almost 100% certainty, I'm sure that's not why all these NFLers are taking it. It must be up to double digits now the number of people that have gotten busted for it this year. Another guy for the Bucs just got burned too.

SteveyHawking 27-11-2012 02:59 AM

First possession for the Eagles: Move the ball nicely and **** it up in the end zone luckily coming away with three? Check.

First possession for the Panthers: Miss tackles, blow coverage and give away an easy touchdown? Check.

Same shit, different day. :( :sob: :clown: :hmph: :rolleyes:

SteveyHawking 27-11-2012 03:10 AM

Pathetic performance already. What a pile of shit. The Eagles organisation needs wholesale changes from top to bottom. At least we'll be able to blow a top five draft pick on some useless twat next year. Sigh.

oz_da II 27-11-2012 03:11 AM

I can hear the boobirds from here. :D

SteveyHawking 27-11-2012 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
I can hear the boobirds from here. :D

And for good reason!

SteveyHawking 27-11-2012 03:31 AM

If we're talking positives I'm loving the look of Bryce Brown! :lux:

SteveyHawking 27-11-2012 04:57 AM

After the first couple of terrible plays by the Eagles defense I've been pretty pleased with what I've seen. The rookies on offense have done themselves proud too regardless of what the final score may be.

SteveyHawking 27-11-2012 05:19 AM

As soon as I mention the defense... :veryangry :clown:

SteveyHawking 27-11-2012 05:22 AM

And now on special teams too. :sob:

Three fumbles lost and that should be the game to the Panthers. :hmph: