CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Funk Butter 14-12-2012 03:57 PM

Now I'm beginning to wonder if Andrew Luck is white enough. Poor Steven A Smith is the one that has to rescue this segment.

Latvian Eagle 14-12-2012 04:06 PM

What the **** is that all about? :o How dare that black man have a white fiancee and vote republican!!! ******* stupid Americans!!!

"Let me just say... I'm uncomfortable with where we just went"

Vince Hilaire's Afro 14-12-2012 04:24 PM

Matty Choc Ice

Swanny32 14-12-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter

Now I'm beginning to wonder if Andrew Luck is white enough. Poor Steven A Smith is the one that has to rescue this segment.

Hahaha, Smith's expression/reaction is brilliant. Wouldn't mind seeing what else he had to say.

Swanny32 14-12-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
The second half performance was simply laughable. Other than the d-line everyone was GARBAGE. Oh well, at least we'll have a decent spot in the draft to balls up next year.

I was almost a bit annoyed that we beat Tampa last week, we need the highest draft pick possible, damn it!

I heard the first 2 rounds in next years draft are pretty vital as it's a pretty poor class.

jazman 14-12-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
The second half performance was simply laughable. Other than the d-line everyone was GARBAGE. Oh well, at least we'll have a decent spot in the draft to balls up next year.

D-Line was good? Didn't they concede 30+ points?

ardeo 15-12-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
D-Line was good? Didn't they concede 30+ points?

Best this season, points were all from turnovers and resulting short fields. Turned the ball over 4 times in 5 plays in the second half and went form 13-10 up to 27-13 down in about 2 minutes. It was Jets-esque.

We look so much better on D without the wide 9, the D-line actually put on a decent pass rush rather than blindly running as fast as they can down the field and past the QB.

I really thought we had the game in hand until Foles threw the pick, a really badly underthrown pass and that started the turnover procession.

Strange how after 2 massive running games for Bryce Brown the running game has disappeared completely, admittedly against better run defences, but the o-line barely created any holes.

Anyway a loss works out well for the draft.

oz_da II 16-12-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Parker suspended from the network indefinitely. Not the first time he has been suspended for being a clown.

Sam Spade 16-12-2012 10:42 AM

Do Bears **** in the woods? NFC North up for grabs today. Go Pack Go! (I think it's the first live game on Sky this evening.)

JamTheEagle 16-12-2012 03:48 PM

Any more bets for this week please Funk/Steve?

Funk Butter 16-12-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamTheEagle
Any more bets for this week please Funk/Steve?

This is what I put on the December BM. Not that I'm entirely confident on the Bears.

Tampa Bay (+4.0) @ 1.91 at Totesport
Rams (-3.0) @ 2.1 at Sportingbet
Bears @ 2.5 at Youwin
Bills (+5.0) @ 1.91 at Skybet

Funk Butter 16-12-2012 07:49 PM

I have no idea why the NFL can't have dedicated cameras covering the goal line. They have a stupid camera flying around every huddle and dudes with handhelds run into the post TD celebrations. Yet they can't have a camera setup on both goallines.

Funk Butter 16-12-2012 07:54 PM

What the **** kinda play call is that Mike Smith? I'd rather run Michael Turner right up the middle than a reverse to Harry Douglas.

Funk Butter 16-12-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

This is what I put on the December BM. Not that I'm entirely confident on the Bears.

Tampa Bay (+4.0) @ 1.91 at Totesport
Rams (-3.0) @ 2.1 at Sportingbet
Bears @ 2.5 at Youwin
Bills (+5.0) @ 1.91 at Skybet

Oof, hope you didn't go with these.

pauldrulez 16-12-2012 09:17 PM

Ravens stink.

Today has done wonders so far towards my Division Champions bet!

pauldrulez 16-12-2012 09:19 PM

And Flacco stinks too.

2 games handed to them by refs this season and they still can't beat any good teams without that happening.

Andy Newton 16-12-2012 09:27 PM

wondering how the media are going to spin the giants falcons game funk? :P

SteveyHawking 16-12-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
And Flacco stinks too.

2 games handed to them by refs this season and they still can't beat any good teams without that happening.

Shows how shite they are - we even beat them! :D

SteveyHawking 16-12-2012 09:31 PM

The Bears offensive line sucks beyond recognition. Truly awful.

One of the dumbest special teams plays of the season by the Packers. Ridiculous!

ChuckMcBalls 16-12-2012 09:33 PM

Not sure why Green Bay just did that.
Point shaving? :D What was the spread on this game? That was baffling.