CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 17-09-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Prime example of someone trying to do too much I'd say.

Agreed.

Strathclyde Eagle 17-09-2008 01:19 PM

The Fins somehow rank 28th on Will Leitch's rankings, somehow ahead of the Lions, Chiefs, Bengals and Rams.

Not one of his better articles. And sadly "Life As A Loser" appears to be out of print, as I was hoping one of my friends would have the outright nerve to buy it for me for Christmas.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 17-09-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jazman
On the latter point, is that it for the Cowboys now then? :o

And where is Edenbridge Exile when you need him ... ;)

At a mediation yesterday :p

Regarding the result ......... A**E :grrr: :veryangry

I hope Mrs JM was not too upset!

Anyway lets wait for the return at the Link and revenge (hopefully) :)

PS it was close though :p

jazman 17-09-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
At a mediation yesterday :p

Regarding the result ......... A**E :grrr: :veryangry

I hope Mrs JM was not too upset!

Anyway lets wait for the return at the Link and revenge (hopefully) :)

PS it was close though :p

Yes fella, very close, too close even. Was Romo playing for you guys? ;)

Mrs JM only realised late on when we scored teh final points of the match that was the team she chose ... :D

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 17-09-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jazman
Yes fella, very close, too close even. Was Romo playing for you guys? ;)

Mrs JM only realised late on when we scored teh final points of the match that was the team she chose ... :D

I hope Mrs JM will keep the faith ............ revenge (hopefully) will be sweet :p

BTW Is any other division as tough as the NFC East? ....... For Debate!

Anyway a grudging well done to your lot ....... that was tough to type :(

jazman 17-09-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
I hope Mrs JM will keep the faith ............ revenge (hopefully) will be sweet :p

BTW Is any other division as tough as the NFC East? ....... For Debate!

Anyway a grudging well done to your lot ....... that was tough to type :(

I will have to remind her from time to time I'm sure ...

And I would say no to that, it's a very tough division, generally has been ....

:D ... great match though, shame there had to be a loser (see that was easy to type! ;) )

Strathclyde Eagle 17-09-2008 02:51 PM

In honour of DeSean Jackson today instead of putting things on my desk I am instead dropping them on the floor a yard away from my desk.

The things you do when redundancy is on the horizon. :)

pauldrulez 17-09-2008 03:29 PM

Just found some old Patriots songs on a "legal" site. (cough) Limewire. Have any other teams had songs adapted for them.

i.e Patriots have Flo rida - Low adapted to 18-0 before the Superbowl and Outkast - Hey ya changed to having Pats lyrics.

Looking forward to this weeks matches, its not like a normal match with a big win for the Pats against the Phins, we still have to worry about Cassel until he has played 5/6 matches.

This week is going quick thankfully.
Trying to remember my 3 away wins. Cowgirls, Steelers and possibly the Cards I think.

pauldrulez 17-09-2008 03:30 PM

Ooh,

For the Dolphins fans.

The Spread is giving the Phins 12.5pts head start for some reason.

Strathclyde Eagle 17-09-2008 03:49 PM

I thought it opened at 13? Too little in my opinion, anyway.

And those songs sound mince. :D

jazman 17-09-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pauldrulez
Trying to remember my 3 away wins. Cowgirls, Steelers and possibly the Cards I think.
Actually yes, those are my three .. :p

Benzhiyi 17-09-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

its not like a normal match with a big win for the Pats against the Phins
Sometimes, Paul, jeeeez....

Who was the last team to beat the Pats during the regular season?

It's like you think the NFL was created in 2007.

pauldrulez 17-09-2008 04:09 PM

I'm just yanking your chains :D

Wow, never thought I would say that.

The Phins arent that bad this year, when you compare them to the Chiefs who have a bunch of rookies, the Raiders who really dont like their coach, the Rams who in all reality arent that good.

You wont be picking first next April in the Draft :p

pauldrulez 17-09-2008 04:36 PM

http://chriscooley47.blogspot.com/

A vote for Idiot of the Week. The winner must be Chris Cooley.

Only an idiot could expose themself and their playbook on the Internet. :D

Quote:

Redskins tight end Chris Cooley is an Internet favorite for his wild personality, his candid blog entries and his ex-cheerleader wife. On Sunday, he used his blog — chriscooley47.blogspot.com — to take readers behind the scenes, posting a photo of him studying a playbook.

Talk about your naked bootlegs. Cooley studies in the buff, and the resulting picture accidentally revealed more than he wanted. Leading sports Web site Deadspin found the picture soon enough.

The picture was taken down later Sunday, and Cooley wrote Monday on the site: "All apologies from the website. We are very sorry that we showed a penis on our website all day yesterday. That was by no means our intention and we did not want to offend anyone. The picture wouldn't have been up for so long, but we were in the middle of winning a big game."
What a doushbag

nookiebear 17-09-2008 04:44 PM

We still beat em though!

pauldrulez 17-09-2008 04:47 PM

As he says, he was too busy winning a big game.

According to the Patriots podcast who mentioned it, it (cough) wasnt something to be proud of, if you get what they are saying...;)

Strathclyde Eagle 17-09-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

The Phins arent that bad this year
Flattery will get you everywhere. :D

pauldrulez 17-09-2008 05:55 PM

I didnt say they were good.

For Saxon, I have offered you a trade on the Fantasy league :D

pauldrulez 17-09-2008 08:03 PM

In the offseason, Minnesota expressed little interest in trading for Brett Favre. It insisted it had its quarterback of the future in Tarvaris Jackson. But now Vikings coach Brad Childress just announced that Jackson has been benched.

Effective immediately, Gus Frerotte is the Vikings’ new starting quarterback. His first start will come Sunday against Carolina, in a game the 0-2 Vikings badly need.

Starting Sunday is one thing. But now the question becomes what the Vikings do at quarterback long term. Jackson has not been the answer so far, and his benching would indicate he will not be any time soon. Minnesota also drafted John David Booty, and he could be groomed.

But Minnesota is searching for an answer at quarterback. For now it is hoping it is Frerotte. For the future, it is wide open.

Its a shock, but not a shock. It wasnt expected but really should have been coming.

pauldrulez 17-09-2008 08:04 PM

And the other bit of news:

Once again, the Colts will be without safety Bob Sanders, the NFL’s Defensive Player of the Year, who will miss four to six weeks with a high ankle sprain. When Sanders has failed to play, Indianapolis’ defense has turned from one of the best in the league to pedestrian. And now it will have to overcome his loss yet again.

Losing Sanders for at least a month is a blow to the Colts defense. But the Colts offense has its own worries.

It has been playing this season with a beaten, battered and inexperienced offensive line that has contributed to nullifying Indianapolis’ rushing attack and limiting Peyton Manning.

Left tackle Tony Ugoh injured his groin Sunday at Minneapolis and left the game. The line already was missing center Jeff Saturday, out with a knee injury, and guard/center Ryan Lilja, on the Physically Unable to Perform list with a knee injury. The Colts have asked an awful lot of linemen that, until this season, few had known. But now, Colts rookies Jamey Richard and Steve Justice have had to step in and play before the Colts would like.

And tight end Dallas Clark also is out. The Colts have a big game Sunday versus Jacksonville. They need to get well in a hurry.

-----------------------------------------

So Jazman, that means you dont play Clark this week ;)