CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Strathclyde Eagle 18-08-2008 02:17 AM

Who is their backup if Jackson gets hurt?

pauldrulez 18-08-2008 02:29 AM

Peterson the way they played last year.

Frerotte rings a bell.

GUESS WHAT????

First pass of the day by Matt Cassel... PICKED OFF.

pauldrulez 18-08-2008 02:30 AM

Frerotte or the guy they drafted this year. Booty?

pauldrulez 18-08-2008 02:31 AM

Hold on, he dropped the interception. Cassel you are still useless. Bring the other Matt or Kevin O'Connell in.

pauldrulez 18-08-2008 04:52 AM

That was embarrassing and a sign of things to come should Brady ever get injured.

No-one got Mossed from what I could see and Welker made few catches.

Had O'Connell not helped setup the touchdown that could have been incredibly embarrassing and as for one of the snaps by back-up Connelly to Cassel, it went over his shoulders for a Fumble TD return.

Bucs looked very well organised as a team and started with a 17 play drive for a TD.

Benzhiyi 18-08-2008 01:14 PM

Pre-season means nothing whatsoever.

And for the Vikes to have a 13-3 season they need Tarvaris and at least two of their wideouts to have career years, because if they rely on Adrian Peterson alone then other teams will just but eight men in the box on every play. I just can't see it happening.

saxoneagle 18-08-2008 02:24 PM

I reserve the right to change my predictions if any of these pre-season "knocks" turn out to be something more serious... or if Peyton fails to start week 1!

Strathclyde Eagle 18-08-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Pre-season means nothing whatsoever.

And for the Vikes to have a 13-3 season they need Tarvaris and at least two of their wideouts to have career years, because if they rely on Adrian Peterson alone then other teams will just but eight men in the box on every play. I just can't see it happening.

They still have a pretty good D as well Ben.

The reason I asked the question about Jackson's backup is that we've seen in the past a few teams have blossomed behind a backup QB after their starter was injured. Among these I would include the 1998 Rams and the 2000 Patriots (who's their QB again? ;)).

saxoneagle 18-08-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
They still have a pretty good D as well Ben.

The reason I asked the question about Jackson's backup is that we've seen in the past a few teams have blossomed behind a backup QB after their starter was injured. Among these I would include the 1998 Rams and the 2000 Patriots (who's their QB again? ;)).

Right now, it's Cassel as Brady is nursing his injured foot and constantly injured shoulder.

I'm not sure either that the Vikings would actually be a worse team without Jackson... and I don't think 12-4 is out of the reach of that team.

Strathclyde Eagle 18-08-2008 05:49 PM

I meant who was the Patriots backup in 2000? 0-2 with a backup starting in week 3...

Oops, just realised, that should have been 2001, and the Rams were 1999. :clown:

Strathclyde Eagle 18-08-2008 06:26 PM

Here's a good story for Fins fans. Another number 1 pick threatening to be a success (crossing fingers, touching wood, etc.).
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/aug/...phins-feature/

saxoneagle 18-08-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
I meant who was the Patriots backup in 2000? 0-2 with a backup starting in week 3...

Oops, just realised, that should have been 2001, and the Rams were 1999. :clown:

I know what you were referring to but I can't see the Patriots backup taking us to one win, let alone one play-off match, if Brady was injured.

At Indy, Sorgi might be bad but I reckon even he could manage a 2-14 season... ;)

pauldrulez 18-08-2008 06:34 PM

I couldnt see him taking us to one first down no matter a win.

jlmatthews 19-08-2008 12:46 AM

Orton declared starter for the Bears!! :lux:

I can wear my #18 jersey with pride for a mediocre season!! :D

Strathclyde Eagle 19-08-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by saxoneagle
At Indy, Sorgi might be bad but I reckon even he could manage a 2-14 season... ;)
What I'd give for a 2-14 season. :D

saxoneagle 19-08-2008 01:46 PM

You might this year, Strath! :D

saxoneagle 19-08-2008 08:12 PM

I have my tickets for the Jets/Pats game. $200 each. :eek:

On the plus side, my flight and hotel is fully paid for the entire week in NY so that is about all the week will cost me :D:D:D

Hopefully, we'll see a win for the boys in blue!

Did anyone else watch the Giants game last night? Was a very good game played at a reasonable intensity. Brady Quinn looked pretty comfortable for most of it, too and both Hixon (NYG) and Steptoe (CLE) look good for roster spots and some fair playing time.

saxoneagle 19-08-2008 08:19 PM

Woodson seems to be a strange one in NY, too.

Manning started. Wright took over but took a knock. Because it was at the end of the half, Woodson couldn't come in as he wasn't up to speed for the 2 minute drill. So Carr came in.

Carr continued into the second half, then Woodsoon came in for one series, I believe, before Carr came back in for the last possession running down the clock.

Having not played in game one, and being given just one possession in game two (halfway through the 4th Q), it doesn't look like NY are going to keep him on the roster. It would appear he'll be released and they'll try to pick him up for their practice squad.

pauldrulez 19-08-2008 10:01 PM

With a little help from some other Patriots fans who uploaded it, I made this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Untitled-2.jpg

Latvian Eagle 21-08-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by saxoneagle
Woodson seems to be a strange one in NY, too.

Manning started. Wright took over but took a knock. Because it was at the end of the half, Woodson couldn't come in as he wasn't up to speed for the 2 minute drill. So Carr came in.

Carr continued into the second half, then Woodsoon came in for one series, I believe, before Carr came back in for the last possession running down the clock.

Having not played in game one, and being given just one possession in game two (halfway through the 4th Q), it doesn't look like NY are going to keep him on the roster. It would appear he'll be released and they'll try to pick him up for their practice squad.

I still don't get why the Giants picked up David Carr! He was absolutely diabolical last season for us! :eek:

I've put 3 on the Seahawks to win the Superbowl at 28/1.

Even had a cheeky pound on my Panthers to win it at 50/1. :o


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.