CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ashes 2021 - 4-0 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=285220)

RazorsEdge 08-01-2022 05:47 AM

Magnificent ton by Khawaja, I can see a declaration coming soon maybe a 400 to chase

Aki Aki Aki 08-01-2022 07:29 AM

Never thought Khawaja had what it takes to be a top Test batter, but maybe he does, possibly as an opener going forward. Great effort :p .

Looking forward to our resident racist moron to post their congratulations.

RazorsEdge 08-01-2022 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 16196324)
Never thought Khawaja had what it takes to be a top Test batter, but maybe he does, possibly as an opener going forward. Great effort :p .

Looking forward to our resident racist moron to post their congratulations.

He batted brilliantly and proved a very good point so to speak and I hope he gets his chance now to bat consistently in that team and I do hope he does well just to spite Bungsy :)

RazorsEdge 08-01-2022 08:49 AM

Crawley need 78 more for a ton.......did survive the mission impossible today

lol

RazorsEdge 08-01-2022 08:51 AM

I will be doing my rain dance at 11 tonight......

Worksop Palace 08-01-2022 08:56 AM

Is rain forecast?

Hope so as it still gives my 3-1 a chance. Albeit a small one.

If not you can predict the scenario. We get to 120 odd for 1 before the inevitable collapse to 160-7, manage to hold them to 200-7 before they finish us off for 218

RazorsEdge 08-01-2022 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16196381)
Is rain forecast?

Hope so as it still gives my 3-1 a chance. Albeit a small one.

If not you can predict the scenario. We get to 120 odd for 1 before the inevitable collapse to 160-7, manage to hold them to 200-7 before they finish us off for 218

I predicted 5-0 and regretting it, rain is being forecasted and apparently there may be no play tomorrow

Worksop Palace 08-01-2022 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16196409)
I predicted 5-0 and regretting it, rain is being forecasted and apparently there may be no play tomorrow

Yeah, England were never gonna win 5-0 mate

Olympian2 08-01-2022 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16196410)
Yeah, England were never gonna win 5-0 mate

:D

I have 3-0 & 3-1. More chance of the former than the latter.

RazorsEdge 08-01-2022 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16196410)
Yeah, England were never gonna win 5-0 mate

lol, England to loose 5-0 was my prediction haha

Edit: I just checked my post, I said 3-1 loss is better than a 5-0 loss

Wolfnipplechips 08-01-2022 09:36 AM

Usman Khawaja has scored more runs in this Test than Marcus Harris has in seven innings.

Marcus Harris has scored more runs in seven innings than Englands openers have in 14.

RazorsEdge 08-01-2022 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16196445)
Usman Khawaja has scored more runs in this Test than Marcus Harris has in seven innings.

Marcus Harris has scored more runs in seven innings than Englands openers have in 14.

Wow, that is some stat

stinky 08-01-2022 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16196445)
Usman Khawaja has scored more runs in this Test than Marcus Harris has in seven innings.

Marcus Harris has scored more runs in seven innings than Englands openers have in 14.

Goodness

RazorsEdge 08-01-2022 10:11 AM

Apparently there is 1% chance of England winning, 41% chance of Australia winning and 58% chance of a draw

I like the 58%

ebyeeckeagle 08-01-2022 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16196445)
Usman Khawaja has scored more runs in this Test than Marcus Harris has in seven innings.

Marcus Harris has scored more runs in seven innings than Englands openers have in 14.

30 for the opening stand already. Crawley on course for his century. Get ready to eat your stats.

Or it may fall apart in the first hour. Difficult to guess.

davech 08-01-2022 10:22 AM

So, the dilemma. Plan A: Play for the draw and hope for rain or Plan B: Go for it, one-day style, and go down in a blaze of glory?

We can't bat properly, so if we are going to have to last at least 60 overs, it is Plan B for me. Only drawback is a 'test' field has 3 slips and a gully, all of who can catch....

rhiannapaul 08-01-2022 11:29 PM

It's been embarrassing sadly
Australia aren't really very good

ebyeeckeagle 08-01-2022 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhiannapaul (Post 16199291)
It's been embarrassing sadly
Australia aren't really very good

Absolute nonsense.

greybot 08-01-2022 11:34 PM

The draw is on !

Wolfnipplechips 08-01-2022 11:37 PM

And so it begins.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.