CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

CP-RJW 26-11-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt (Post 14989715)
But we only beat the Packers...:hmph:

Fantastic performance and a real statement win.

Getting Kittle back makes such a difference and seemed to help get our run game going again.

Next Sunday will be tough; want the Ravens to win tonight but hope they get a bit banged up in doing so.

Big thanks from every Vikings fan, we have a realistic chance of winning the NFC North now. Trips to Seattle next week and the Packers in Minnesota in week 16 are the big tests.

My prediction of 9-12 wins for us looks like being fulfilled, but we’re still yet to beat an elite team, best we’ve beaten are the Cowboys, the Eagles and the Raiders. If we beat the Seahawks or the Packers, only then will I see us as true super bowl contenders.

aj4england 26-11-2019 03:51 PM

Tough for the vikings who are in a stacked NFC, though the way those in Seeds 7 - 10 are playing, I think you will make it to the playoffs even with a medium to tough schedule. Then with so many question marks around so many teams (injuries playing their part) you will have a chance.

Be interested to see if the Ravens can keep this up for another 5 weeks plus post season, as they havent been hit with any real damaging injuries in comparison to the other challengers (KC - Mahomes/Hill)(Saints - Brees/Lattimore) (Steelers - Big Ben) (Texans - Watt) (Cowboys - Cooper clearly isnt fit though not as bad for them) (Green Bay - Devante Adams) (San Fran - half the team :D, but namely Kittle )

upperteir 26-11-2019 03:54 PM

Awful from the Raiders Sunday just got turned over, Why pg insists on playing zone all the time i do not know! just drives me crazy. Making rubbish QB'S look like Brady every week.

oh well smash the chiefs up and were back in the front seat.

Loving Lamar Jackson at the moment he just cant do anything wrong.

CP-RJW 26-11-2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 14992384)
Tough for the vikings who are in a stacked NFC, though the way those in Seeds 7 - 10 are playing, I think you will make it to the playoffs even with a medium to tough schedule. Then with so many question marks around so many teams (injuries playing their part) you will have a chance.

Be interested to see if the Ravens can keep this up for another 5 weeks plus post season, as they havent been hit with any real damaging injuries in comparison to the other challengers (KC - Mahomes/Hill)(Saints - Brees/Lattimore) (Steelers - Big Ben) (Texans - Watt) (Cowboys - Cooper clearly isnt fit though not as bad for them) (Green Bay - Devante Adams) (San Fran - half the team :D, but namely Kittle )

Seahawks and the Chargers away, the Lions, Bears and Packers in Minnesota (where we’re undefeated this season.) That’s 3 wins in my book, maybe more.

I don’t think anyone will catch us. The Rams are the closest on 6-5 (vs our 8-3), but they’ve got a nasty schedule with the Seahawks, and trips to the 49ers and the Cowboys. That leaves the Bears, the Eagles and the Panthers on 5-6. Eagles have a great schedule and could realistically win their final 5 games, but that’d be reliant on the Vikings seriously capitulating, as well as the Cowboys winning most of their games too. Bears are out of the running as far as I’m concerned, they’ve got the Chiefs, the Cowboys, the Packers and the Vikings. The Panthers have the Saints, the Seahawks and the Colts, and just aren’t that good anyway.

For me, it’s just a matter of if we’re the NFC North winners, or a wildcard. Either way, there’s a high chance we’ll be up against Green Bay again.

davematt 28-11-2019 09:44 AM

I normally love the Thanksgiving Treble Header, but the first game today is an absolute stinker :S:

Will certainly be watching the Cowboys/Bills; would love to see the meltdown in the Metroplex if they lose this one :D

Latvian Eagle 28-11-2019 10:06 AM

Speaking of the Ravens, always kept an eye on them and good to see RGIII still trying to at least do something with himself even if he is just a back up, most guys would have packed it in ages ago the crap he has had since that knee injury. I couldn't believe it (and perhaps shows how out of the loop I have been the last year or two) that Andrew Luck has retired!

Is RGIII strictly a back up QB these days or do the Ravens use him in some special plays too?

davematt 28-11-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 14994865)

Is RGIII strictly a back up QB these days or do the Ravens use him in some special plays too?

Well, in recent weeks, he's been playing the entire 4th quarter (which has been an absolute nightmare for anyone holding Lamar in fantasy).

But yes, he's predominantly a back up. I think they have used him for the odd play or two with the starters, but its not like the way the Saints use Taysom Hill.

RDSdaEAGLE 28-11-2019 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 14994865)
I couldn't believe it (and perhaps shows how out of the loop I have been the last year or two) that Andrew Luck has retired!

He retired midway through their final pre-season game. It caused a lot of consternation among their fans and when the rumour spread, he ended up getting booed!

I'm looking forward to tonight's games. Love a Thanksgiving line-up!

Latvian Eagle 28-11-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt (Post 14994873)
Well, in recent weeks, he's been playing the entire 4th quarter (which has been an absolute nightmare for anyone holding Lamar in fantasy).

But yes, he's predominantly a back up. I think they have used him for the odd play or two with the starters, but its not like the way the Saints use Taysom Hill.

So the Ravens have been owning teams that much they play their back up for the full 4th quarter? :D

davematt 28-11-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 14994902)
So the Ravens have been owning teams that much they play their back up for the full 4th quarter? :D

The last three games its happened :D

davematt 28-11-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDSdaEAGLE (Post 14994893)
I'm looking forward to tonight's games. Love a Thanksgiving line-up!

The first game will be a challenging watch to say the least.

Lions are onto their 3rd choice QB and the Bears have Trubisky.

kayjay 29-11-2019 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt (Post 14994949)
The first game will be a challenging watch to say the least.

Lions are onto their 3rd choice QB and the Bears have Trubisky.

:S::S::S:

kayjay 29-11-2019 03:44 AM

The thing with Lamar - he's got average WR's TE's & RB's playing way above their ability!
It's like the whole club are high on winning!

Little Fozzie 01-12-2019 07:26 PM

Absolutely mugged off by the Dolphins. RIP Philadelphia Eagles

adman50 01-12-2019 07:27 PM

Bengals about to do me out of an early Christmas pay day [emoji2357]

CT_Palace 01-12-2019 09:03 PM

9ers lose to last play of the game FG in Baltimore.

I'm afraid, even when taking into account the awful conditions, that game showed why the 9ers are not the team to beat. I just don't think JG is a sufficiently good enough QB under pressure.

CP-RJW 02-12-2019 01:10 AM

Lol the NFC East is so bad this year.

CP-RJW 02-12-2019 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 14999220)
9ers lose to last play of the game FG in Baltimore.

I'm afraid, even when taking into account the awful conditions, that game showed why the 9ers are not the team to beat. I just don't think JG is a sufficiently good enough QB under pressure.

Bit of a ‘game manager’ QB? Reminds me of when the Vikings went 13-3 and to the NFC championship game with Case Keenum (although Jimmy is better).

Polish Pete 02-12-2019 01:30 AM

It's the Bill's year. Can feel it

kayjay 02-12-2019 06:15 AM

If Watson can do that to the Pats teams will be lining up now. Hell, may not even win their division??


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.