CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Funk Butter 12-01-2020 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 15057812)
Now there's a good chance I won't be able to pick either.

Er...

CT_Palace 12-01-2020 09:24 PM

crazy!

greybot 12-01-2020 10:01 PM

Enjoyed that! Another half to come:lux:

Zareba2003 12-01-2020 10:09 PM

Fantastic watch this one! What fun!

kayjay 12-01-2020 10:15 PM

KC's D don't fill me with any confidence.
More points coming.

CP-RJW 12-01-2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayjay (Post 15057889)
KC's D don't fill me with any confidence.
More points coming.

Only team left that fills me with confidence is the niners

eastend eagle 12-01-2020 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15057950)
Only team left that fills me with confidence is the niners

Let's go... :cool:

davematt 13-01-2020 09:07 AM

What a weekend of football.

From a Niners perspective looking forward to Sunday, I am just happy its not Seattle.

Whilst I want us to win of course, the thought of losing to them in this game AGAIN would be gut wrenching.

Hard to not be confident; we hardly put anything on film with such a dominating run performance and I can't wait to see what we scheme up on offence.

Both Jimmy G and Rodgers will have to be on it as both teams have pass rushers on both sides that can cause havoc.

Still can't believe the Titans. Henry is a human wrecking ball.

Hard to look past the Chiefs; after a slow (!!) start, that offence looked unstoppable last night. Mahomes can make EVERY throw.

Roll on Sunday :lux::lux::lux:

Icy 13-01-2020 11:03 AM

KC game was quality. What a comeback after a shaky start.

49's looked good. Packers game should be fun.

aj4england 13-01-2020 11:20 AM

Unreal from KC, though doubt their offense could do that 2 weeks running though could easily see that leaky defence remaining leaky. Got to be positive if your a 49ers fan, solid across the board though would be hard to see them beating KC if KC got 14+ infront as Jimmy Gs passing again on Saturday was far from ideal.

As mentioned by others, perhaps the Packers have been slept on quietly. They rarely blow teams away but a win is a win.

Beckenham Boy 13-01-2020 11:23 AM

KC give up a ton of points though so if your D turns up and keeps their offence to within the 20s you have every chance against them.

Titans have seen off Patriots and Ravens - you could not have picked a harder route to the final with KC in front of them now.

The only thing stopping SF getting to Miami now is surely just the pressure of this championship game

aj4england 13-01-2020 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beckenham Boy (Post 15058278)
KC give up a ton of points though so if your D turns up and keeps their offence to within the 20s you have every chance against them.

Titans have seen off Patriots and Ravens - you could not have picked a harder route to the final with KC in front of them now.

The only thing stopping SF getting to Miami now is surely just the pressure of this championship game

Or a Kittle injury in game

Beckenham Boy 13-01-2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15058293)
Or a Kittle injury in game

Can say that for all though - a Henry injury / Mahomes injury / Rodgers injury

lewisuk 13-01-2020 12:58 PM

As others have said Titans have done it the Hard way so far so can’t right them off against KC, although fancy Mahomes and the offence to score 30+ points in the game so see them edging the titans in a close game off the back of Henry.

49ers v Packers just hoping for a better packers turning up than in the regular season. They looked good offensively last night but their defence was blowing hard at times as the Seahawks kept putting points on in the second half

Think I will have to go with 49ers v chiefs in the final

aj4england 13-01-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beckenham Boy (Post 15058295)
Can say that for all though - a Henry injury / Mahomes injury / Rodgers injury

Yep true - I guess Kittle has been injured this season and the drop-off was noticeable, more so than perhaps Moore from Mahomes. (not saying Henry or Mahomes havent been injured).

Id be shocked if 49ers didnt beat the Packers to be honest. Have them at least a 5 point favourite, with KC I would say 7.5 point fave.

kayjay 14-01-2020 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beckenham Boy (Post 15058278)
Titans have seen off Patriots and Ravens - you could not have picked a harder route to the final with KC in front of them now.

In reality, the Pats have been on the decline since Round 12
and the Ravens are a one-man offense.
KC D just don't make enough tackles and don't pressure the QB enough so expect Tannehill to make an impact as well as Henry.

hughff 14-01-2020 04:59 AM

So Burrows won't even need to do any pre-draft workouts now. Do the Bengals trade Andy Dalton or keep him on for a year as a mentor?

aj4england 14-01-2020 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hughff (Post 15059325)
So Burrows won't even need to do any pre-draft workouts now. Do the Bengals trade Andy Dalton or keep him on for a year as a mentor?

The Bengals generally do the opposite to what most franchises and fans/experts/media do. So with this in mind I imagine they keep Dalton and Dalton will play as starter until Week 6 or some crap.

What I would do? Listen to trade offers. There are lots of question marks around teams who need or may look for a change at QB (Chargers, Raiders, Colts, Bears). Question is what is he worth? A 2nd round pick then the bears may use the one they have from Oakland, or if a 3rd round then vice versa the Raiders may be interested.

Funk Butter 14-01-2020 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15059752)
The Bengals generally do the opposite to what most franchises and fans/experts/media do. So with this in mind I imagine they keep Dalton and Dalton will play as starter until Week 6 or some crap.

What I would do? Listen to trade offers. There are lots of question marks around teams who need or may look for a change at QB (Chargers, Raiders, Colts, Bears). Question is what is he worth? A 2nd round pick then the bears may use the one they have from Oakland, or if a 3rd round then vice versa the Raiders may be interested.

The Bengals might listen to trade offers but there is no way that Burrow doesn't go #1. 5600 yds with 60 TDs and 6 Ints in 15 games at 76% Cmp. Sure he played some scrubs along the way but the last three games, he played three Top5 teams and had 16 TDs with no interceptions at more than 400 yards per game.

Latvian Eagle 14-01-2020 03:04 PM

Any chance of Carolina picking up a QB in the draft? Looks like we are too far down to get anything decent.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.