CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

WLYWLYAWYPWF 15-02-2021 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15652608)
Hello :hi:

Hello how are you today?

Maidstoned Eagle 15-02-2021 06:41 PM

Who said that?

Tony Montana 15-02-2021 06:54 PM

Hashtags.

I looked on LinkedIn today for the first time in ages, I became increasingly annoyed by the number of hashtags. #teamwork #networking #liveyourdreams.

What the fuxk is this crap? Do people genuinely communicate like that now? Why am I looking at some fat **** taking photos of themselves in non descript locations including hashtags such as #anotherdaywinning #reachthetop #lovinglife.

#notimpressed

Vendy 15-02-2021 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 15652675)
Hashtags.

I looked on LinkedIn today for the first time in ages, I became increasingly annoyed by the number of hashtags. #teamwork #networking #liveyourdreams.

What the fuxk is this crap? Do people genuinely communicate like that now? Why am I looking at some fat **** taking photos of themselves in non descript locations including hashtags such as #anotherdaywinning #reachthetop #lovinglife.

#notimpressed


You could have stopped at LinkedIn

Who is a that other c-unit on there that keeps getting liked Gary something or other wait... Vaynerchuk he might be successful but Christ he gets on my tits I have tried and tried to block his content.

Maidstoned Eagle 15-02-2021 07:20 PM

#*****

Eagle's Nest 15-02-2021 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 15652675)
Hashtags.

I looked on LinkedIn today for the first time in ages, I became increasingly annoyed by the number of hashtags. #teamwork #networking #liveyourdreams.

What the fuxk is this crap? Do people genuinely communicate like that now? Why am I looking at some fat **** taking photos of themselves in non descript locations including hashtags such as #anotherdaywinning #reachthetop #lovinglife.

#notimpressed

You need to follow an account called @thestateoflinkedim on twitter. They're outing some seriously cringey stuff - made up stories about how people have recruited the homeless person outside the local shop and how they're now their best employee etc etc

Eagle's Nest 15-02-2021 07:28 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/stateoflinkedin

Tony Montana 15-02-2021 07:35 PM

Thanks for the link, already chuckling!

little al 15-02-2021 10:00 PM

Forms - endless filling in of forms.

PeterH 16-02-2021 02:58 AM

Not sure if I am annoyed as such.....but the happy hammers pumping out bubbles every match when there aren't fans in the stadium..

Shall we bring out the cheerleaders..

PeterH 16-02-2021 03:03 AM

Oh..and neighbours that let their 10 dogs run loose...and other cnuts that hit and run with cars..

That leaves us with a visit to the vets and a dog in the spare room with possible brain damage..

...not a feckin word from the neighbours yet...absent when it happened, except for a seemingly backward teenage daughter who could barely bring herself to make an appearance, and no visit since.

That is a row for me tomorrow.

Not like we need a 4th dog...and we are constantly visited by a 5th that other neighbours are poor with...and that twat stole my ribs off the barbecue yesterday.

Eagle's Nest 16-02-2021 03:16 AM

Sounds like paradise, Peter

PeterH 16-02-2021 03:55 AM

Just Chileans attitude to animals in general. In the capital they are all over small breeds...things like disgusting snorting pugs rather than adopting some dog that needs a home. Therefore, you get the cnuts with puppy farms...some poor bitch constantly breeding.

I would rather have the lot of them put down rather than the animals.

Our first dog was a puppy found lost on the street, all our cats the same, second dog belongs to three neighbours but sits in our garden, third I took off a Chilean mate who decided he couldn't be arsed to care for it anymore - got a free new gamer laptop in that deal.

biggus mickus 16-02-2021 04:13 AM

Vixens screaming at 04.30am. My dogs going mental because of it.

Morning.

Another Oxted Eagle 16-02-2021 04:50 AM

Not having cricket to wake up early for tomorrow. I know we are getting sparked but I’m really enjoying a 4 am cuppa and watching it , the cricket itself but the sunshine and the crowd are nice to see too.

Maidstoned Eagle 16-02-2021 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15653020)
Just Chileans attitude to animals in general. In the capital they are all over small breeds...things like disgusting snorting pugs rather than adopting some dog that needs a home. Therefore, you get the cnuts with puppy farms...some poor bitch constantly breeding.

I would rather have the lot of them put down rather than the animals.

Our first dog was a puppy found lost on the street, all our cats the same, second dog belongs to three neighbours but sits in our garden, third I took off a Chilean mate who decided he couldn't be arsed to care for it anymore - got a free new gamer laptop in that deal.

Sounds like Andalusia.

bubbs11 16-02-2021 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15653020)
Just Chileans attitude to animals in general. In the capital they are all over small breeds...things like disgusting snorting pugs rather than adopting some dog that needs a home. Therefore, you get the cnuts with puppy farms...some poor bitch constantly breeding.

I would rather have the lot of them put down rather than the animals.

Our first dog was a puppy found lost on the street, all our cats the same, second dog belongs to three neighbours but sits in our garden, third I took off a Chilean mate who decided he couldn't be arsed to care for it anymore - got a free new gamer laptop in that deal.


My parents are from Cyprus, and the way I saw them treat animals every time I went over there deeply troubled me. Havenít been back for a few years now so who knows, they might have evolved a little bit and started showing a bit more empathy. Doubt it.

biggus mickus 16-02-2021 05:47 AM

Very much so. Both mine were rescue.

biggus mickus 16-02-2021 06:21 AM

This is the third time in two and a half hours the fox has run through screaming. I believe the shotgun is coming out.

Pidster 16-02-2021 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus mickus (Post 15653026)
Vixens screaming at 04.30am. My dogs going mental because of it.

Morning.

Playa 👍

Ardent Eagle Forever 16-02-2021 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15653012)
Not sure if I am annoyed as such.....but the happy hammers pumping out bubbles every match when there aren't fans in the stadium..

Shall we bring out the cheerleaders..

On a positive note re the Crystals, some of them have volunteered to help out at Selhurst with the vaccinations programme there. My wife who is also a volunteer there has been talking to them.

Great work from the girls. Total respect 🙌.

Ardent Eagle Forever 16-02-2021 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15653020)
Just Chileans attitude to animals in general. In the capital they are all over small breeds...things like disgusting snorting pugs rather than adopting some dog that needs a home. Therefore, you get the cnuts with puppy farms...some poor bitch constantly breeding.

I would rather have the lot of them put down rather than the animals.

Our first dog was a puppy found lost on the street, all our cats the same, second dog belongs to three neighbours but sits in our garden, third I took off a Chilean mate who decided he couldn't be arsed to care for it anymore - got a free new gamer laptop in that deal.


Sounds like Bulgaria too. Thousands of stray dogs running about.

Maidstoned Eagle 16-02-2021 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever (Post 15653072)
Sounds like Bulgaria too. Thousands of stray dogs running about.

In our town these aren't strays, they're dogs the owners can't be arsed to walk so they just open their doors and let the dogs out to roam the streets.

Pidster 16-02-2021 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever (Post 15653055)
On a positive note re the Crystals, some of them have volunteered to help out at Selhurst with the vaccinations programme there. My wife who is also a volunteer there has been talking to them.

Great work from the girls. Total respect ��.

I wonder if they still get their goodnight messages from an admirer ( Selhurst Celtic ?).

Maz 16-02-2021 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever (Post 15653072)
Sounds like Bulgaria too. Thousands of stray dogs running about.

In Bhutan the stray dogs have created a massive noise pollution problem, which they have been trying to deal with for years. So it surprised me that the king ordered the dogs to be fed during lockdown, because they were not getting their normal scraps of food from passers-by.

Polak 16-02-2021 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15652262)
Not so much as annoys me, more bemuses me - footballers who, having scored, give it the biggun to imaginary fans...

Why is the scorer announced and why do they play music before kick off? Who's that for?

Pidster 16-02-2021 08:42 AM

Has anyone mentioned Gregg Wallace?

eagleheath 16-02-2021 08:50 AM

Now he really is annoying

stevek 16-02-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidster (Post 15653128)
Has anyone mentioned Gregg Wallace?

Probably not - it would be as pointless as posting "The Pope" on a "People who are Catholics" thread.

Pidster 16-02-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 15653145)
Probably not - it would be as pointless as posting "The Pope" on a "People who are Catholics" thread.

Fair point.

Ant.Palace 16-02-2021 09:41 AM

The jogger who expected me to jump out of his way this morning

Isle of Wight 16-02-2021 10:38 AM

My companies Anti smoking campaign. As part of a well being thing they are running.
It has obviously been put together by someone how has NEVER smoked.
"Don't have a cigarette, eat some fruit"

"You smell"

"Your nose will drop off"

"beat cravings by X Y Z"

"Be brighter ditch the lighter" (they really did this one)

All treating smokers like pariahs. If I still smoked I will be lighting up out of spite and keeping the door open. They haven't got a clue.

Wolfnipplechips 16-02-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15653078)
In our town these aren't strays, they're dogs the owners can't be arsed to walk so they just open their doors and let the dogs out to roam the streets.

I was out walking mine yesterday when we saw a dog sitting bolt upright in the passenger seat of a parked car. I remarked on it because it looked just like a person sat there...

Five minutes later the car came past us at about 20 mph followed a few seconds later by this dog chasing it down the middle of the road...

We couldnít work out whether the owner was trying to lose the dog, had forgotten the dog or whether this was some sort of lazy walking technique.

Sick Bucket 16-02-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 15653249)
My companies Anti smoking campaign. As part of a well being thing they are running.
It has obviously been put together by someone how has NEVER smoked.
"Don't have a cigarette, eat some fruit"

"You smell"

"Your nose will drop off"

"beat cravings by X Y Z"

"Be brighter ditch the lighter" (they really did this one)

All treating smokers like pariahs. If I still smoked I will be lighting up out of spite and keeping the door open. They haven't got a clue.

Oh **** that. Try suggesting the next 'awareness' campaign is aimed at obesity.

'Don't have a Kitkat have some fruit'

'you smell'

'your tits are droopy'

etc

Isle of Wight 16-02-2021 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 15653351)
Oh **** that. Try suggesting the next 'awareness' campaign is aimed at obesity.

'Don't have a Kitkat have some fruit'

'you smell'

'your tits are droopy'

etc

Yep I think the title of it will be "Oi Fatty"

CT_Palace 16-02-2021 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15653093)
In Bhutan the stray dogs have created a massive noise pollution problem, which they have been trying to deal with for years. So it surprised me that the king ordered the dogs to be fed during lockdown, because they were not getting their normal scraps of food from passers-by.

I call the comparatively well to do housing estate I live opposite ďThe KennelsĒ as every twat has a dog in the front yard whose sole purpose is to bark as loud as possible at anyone venturing near the house (Chilean oikís go-to home security.) Non of them ever get walked or exercised and therefore are full of energy to bark for hours unceasingly at the slightest movement. The cacophony is unbelievable sometimes.
Much like no Chilean has ever told their children to stop screaming they have never calmed their dogs to stop them from barking.

Twiggy 16-02-2021 01:58 PM

threads complaining about Van Aanholt .. he's been by far the best full back we have had for many years...will be sorry when he goes.

Maidstoned Eagle 16-02-2021 02:42 PM

The idiot who was so engrossed in looking at his phone he walked into my car. Then gave it the billy big bollocks as if it was my fault.


Then did the Andaluz running away manouvere as I slowly got out of my car and approached him.

Eric the Ginga 16-02-2021 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiggy (Post 15653514)
threads complaining about Van Aanholt .. he's been by far the best full back we have had for many years...will be sorry when he goes.

I was genuinely excited when we bought him from Sunderland, but as a defender he is tactically inept and can't tackle.
He looks great marauding upfield, but when the opposition brak down our attack and then counterattack, he's invariably jogging back rather than busting a gut for the team.
Persist with Tyrick, still learning but already a better defender.

PeterH 16-02-2021 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiggy (Post 15653514)
threads complaining about Van Aanholt .. he's been by far the best full back we have had for many years...will be sorry when he goes.

I won't.

PeterH 16-02-2021 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15653435)
I call the comparatively well to do housing estate I live opposite “The Kennels” as every twat has a dog in the front yard whose sole purpose is to bark as loud as possible at anyone venturing near the house (Chilean oik’s go-to home security.) Non of them ever get walked or exercised and therefore are full of energy to bark for hours unceasingly at the slightest movement. The cacophony is unbelievable sometimes.
Much like no Chilean has ever told their children to stop screaming they have never calmed their dogs to stop them from barking.

Yep, we have discussed this. So many dogs in gardens, and in apartments all day...what a life they have.

Our dogs get walked every day and if not we have space for them to run around. Thus, very little barking at night. Usually has to be one of our mini earthquakes to set them off.

The dog is improving..but will take a few days...looks like it might become ours....but it could easily escape back to its gang. That gang kicks off with the cacophony around 2am most nights.

Maidstoned Eagle 16-02-2021 06:40 PM

We have well meaning Brits and Dutch who "rescue" dogs, have up to 30 of them in pens and then beg all and sundry for money to feed them. We have one lunatic about 1/2 a KM from our house, lately she has taken to feeding them at 5.30am, this starts all the penned in dogs yelping and howling....within minutes every dog in the area is kicking off.

stevek 16-02-2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiggy (Post 15653514)
threads complaining about Van Aanholt .. he's been by far the best full back we have had for many years...will be sorry when he goes.

You've just succeeded in turning this into another thread complaining about PVA.

stamford triumph 16-02-2021 07:15 PM

Squirrels. I generally like them and I thought the one in our garden looked cute in the snow. Then the snow melted leaving lots of holes in the lawn with empty nut shells neatly left in each one. Clever critters, I'll give them that. The moral of the story is don't plant nut trees in the garden, however nice they look.

bubbs11 17-02-2021 07:33 AM

Due to the heavy snow and freezing temperatures the last 2 weeks, out of the goodness of my own heart, I put out an old plate on top of my daughter’s trampoline in the garden and filled it each day with loads of seeds and bread crumbs for the birds to feast on. They loved it.

Yesterday was the first day in a while due to the relatively very mild weather, my daughter has been able to get back out to play in the back garden on her play set. Well! Took me half an hour first to clean the absolute shower of bird shit smeared all over the place on her trampoline, swings and slide.

There’s gratitude for yer! :grrr:

Maidstoned Eagle 17-02-2021 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15654985)
Due to the heavy snow and freezing temperatures the last 2 weeks, out of the goodness of my own heart, I put out an old plate on top of my daughterís trampoline in the garden and filled it each day with loads of seeds and bread crumbs for the birds to feast on. They loved it.

Yesterday was the first day in a while due to the relatively very mild weather, my daughter has been able to get back out to play in the back garden on her play set. Well! Took me half an hour first to clean the absolute shower of bird shit smeared all over the place on her trampoline, swings and slide.

Thereís gratitude for yer! :grrr:

Feed them.stuff laced with bicarb.

Dodger 17-02-2021 08:06 AM

News sites on mobile where you can’t read the content because various ads keep loading leading to the text continually moving about the screen.

Sharkba1t 17-02-2021 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant.Palace (Post 15653182)
The jogger who expected me to jump out of his way this morning

As a runner/jogger myself, I have to agree that there are sadly too many who have no manners. I tend to find a gap between cars, or run on the road or just stop to ensure I keep my distance and always thank people.
I was running around Beckenham place park a few weeks back and went to overtake a jogger; he was right in the middle of a narrow path and looking at his phone, and wearing stupidly large headphones. Didnít have a clue what or who was around. As I overtook him ( I moved to the grass verge), he said rather aggressively ďdistanceĒ. I slowed right down and told him to F off, as he hadnít got a clue about his surroundings, and should have be running at either side of the path rather than in the middle.
He looked a bit sheepish but said nothing.

Alfies army 17-02-2021 09:04 AM

Pigeons that don’t fly away when they’re supposed to , now I’ve had to wrestle it out of the dogs gob , he’s not happy, pigeons dead And I’ve got feathers to clear away as well as said pigeon

Purepalace 17-02-2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfies army (Post 15655063)
Pigeons that donít fly away when theyíre supposed to , now Iíve had to wrestle it out of the dogs gob , heís not happy, pigeons dead And Iíve got feathers to clear away as well as said pigeon

Is it any good with Magpies? I hate those greedy ****ers.

bubbs11 17-02-2021 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfies army (Post 15655063)
Pigeons that donít fly away when theyíre supposed to , now Iíve had to wrestle it out of the dogs gob , heís not happy, pigeons dead And Iíve got feathers to clear away as well as said pigeon

I have that problem when driving. Always remember my driving instructor reassuring me as i broke once as a pigeon stood indignantly in the middle of the road, to just keep driving as they always fly out of the way in time. Well they donít always Mr know-it all driving instructor.

PALACEWU 17-02-2021 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodger (Post 15655006)
News sites on mobile where you canít read the content because various ads keep loading leading to the text continually moving about the screen.

Hell on earth.

Maz 17-02-2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodger (Post 15655006)
News sites on mobile where you canít read the content because various ads keep loading leading to the text continually moving about the screen.

They do tend to be the crap news sites ; why go to them in the first place?

Sharkba1t 17-02-2021 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purepalace (Post 15655068)
Is it any good with Magpies? I hate those greedy ****ers.

Yes, hate those fkers too. They (and Crows) kill so many of the small birds. I was in Co Donegal back in September and they have lots of grey crows - seems like more than i ever remember growing up. They also kill lots of small hedgerow birds.

Purepalace 17-02-2021 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 15655781)
Yes, hate those fkers too. They (and Crows) kill so many of the small birds. I was in Co Donegal back in September and they have lots of grey crows - seems like more than i ever remember growing up. They also kill lots of small hedgerow birds.

I've seen them catch and then have a tug of war with them while they are still alive.

PeterH 17-02-2021 06:39 PM

Seems we nursed the bitch back to health...she ran back to her gang earlier..we spoke to the semi-owners, and we will visit with remaining medication and food.

Maidstoned Eagle 17-02-2021 06:41 PM

Magpies are brilliant.

Purepalace 17-02-2021 06:42 PM

The Beatles are brilliant.

Dodger 17-02-2021 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15655127)
They do tend to be the crap news sites ; why go to them in the first place?

Well thatís a fair point Maz old bean. Sometimes I canít help but just get dragged into them.

Maidstoned Eagle 17-02-2021 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purepalace (Post 15655854)
The Beatles are brilliant.

Are they?

RazorsEdge 17-02-2021 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15656099)
Are they?

Fighting talk if you ask me even though I do feel our friend is trying to wind you up......

For what is worth, Beatles are shit

jrnicholson 17-02-2021 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 15656134)

For what is worth, Beatles are shit

Are they? In what way? Perhaps viewed against the myriad of talented musicians that have come since they could be regarded as overrated but at the time they were fresh, innovative and set standards for pop music in the 60's.

Not to everyone's taste but not shit. Prove me wrong!:moo2:

Worksop Palace 17-02-2021 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrnicholson (Post 15656151)
Are they? In what way? Perhaps viewed against the myriad of talented musicians that have come since they could be regarded as overrated but at the time they were fresh, innovative and set standards for pop music in the 60's.

Not to everyone's taste but not shit. Prove me wrong!:moo2:

How can musical taste be proved ?

I think the Beatles are shit. Prove me wrong. Iíll save you a job, you canít.

Maidstoned Eagle 18-02-2021 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15656239)
How can musical taste be proved ?

I think the Beatles are shit. Prove me wrong. Iíll save you a job, you canít.

I like when you turn your negativity to good.

big bad John 18-02-2021 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15655852)
Magpies are brilliant.

not according to the Great Geordie nation, who want poor old cabbage head dragged and quartered through the streets of Toon.

big bad John 18-02-2021 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 15655781)
Yes, hate those fkers too. They (and Crows) kill so many of the small birds. I was in Co Donegal back in September and they have lots of grey crows - seems like more than i ever remember growing up. They also kill lots of small hedgerow birds.

Instead of goodbyes, the favourite saying of an old time Donegal man I once worked with was, "may the crows never pick your nest."

biggus mickus 18-02-2021 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15654987)
Feed them.stuff laced with bicarb.

Shooting is good fun. Explosion of feathers is very entertaining. Same goes with rooks, jays, jackdaw and crow.

Maidstoned Eagle 18-02-2021 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus mickus (Post 15656567)
Shooting is good fun. Explosion of feathers is very entertaining. Same goes with rooks, jays, jackdaw and crow.

Bloke opposite me when I lived in Minnis Bay was a gamekeeper at Quex Park. He used to shoot the seagulls off our roof from his bedroom window. :D

in-exile 18-02-2021 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15656239)
How can musical taste be proved ?

I think the Beatles are shit. Prove me wrong. Iíll save you a job, you canít.

The Beatles can be put alongside the Bay City Rollers and Showaddywaddy..

ExiledStirling 18-02-2021 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 15656574)
The Beatles can be put alongside the Bay City Rollers and Showaddywaddy..

How dare you dis Showaddywaddy by putting them alongside the Bay City ******* Rollers

Worksop Palace 18-02-2021 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 15656574)
The Beatles can be put alongside the Bay City Rollers and Showaddywaddy..

Showaddywaddy were my favourite when I was 7 or 8. Under The Moon Of Love and Three Steps To Heaven being particular favourites.

BCR were shit. But still better than Beatles.

in-exile 18-02-2021 09:03 AM

You liked all 3 you couple of freaks! :D

Purepalace 18-02-2021 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15656582)
How dare you dis Showaddywaddy by putting them alongside the Bay City ******* Rollers

Mud owned them both.

pallet 18-02-2021 11:37 AM

What about Sailor?

BERT'S HEAD 18-02-2021 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 15656792)
What about Sailor?

Dick Emery ?

Big Gav 18-02-2021 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 15656792)
What about Sailor?

Glass of champagne? Loved it but thought Girls Girls Girls was shit

CK 18-02-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 15656792)
What about Sailor?

Would you believe they seem to still be going?

pallet 18-02-2021 12:21 PM

No didnt think they made it past the 70's

Stavros 69 18-02-2021 01:56 PM

Multipack crisps.
I mean wtf happened to a normal pack of crisps.
You get back 5 in them now.

brighton_eagle 18-02-2021 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15656965)
Multipack crisps.
I mean wtf happened to a normal pack of crisps.
You get back 5 in them now.

At the same time, the amount of crisps you actually get in a pack seems to have diminished significantly.

in-exile 18-02-2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 15656798)
Dick Emery ?

:D

Stavros 69 18-02-2021 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brighton_eagle (Post 15656969)
At the same time, the amount of crisps you actually get in a pack seems to have diminished significantly.

That was my point, I meant 5 crisps rather than 5 pack.
Barely touched the sides.
Which is what all the girls say..........

Stavros 69 18-02-2021 03:22 PM

Does every single call need to be on zoom?
Just call me, mo fo's.

big bad John 18-02-2021 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15657078)
Does every single call need to be on zoom?
Just call me, mo fo's.

Seems to be too many people who before Covid couldn't even turn the computer on. Then with lockdown time they started to pick the brains of their great grand kids and all of a sudden they're experts. Now instead of picking the phone up and asking 'how ya doin,' they spend an hour sticking some classics up on a ****in book case that they position strategically behind themselves, comb their hair, find a bottle of designer water, stick on a pair of trendy glasses and then proceed to make an absolute abortion of getting connected to zoom. A ten minute chin wag turns into a two hour, "I can't see you. You're cutting out," palava.

CT_Palace 18-02-2021 04:36 PM

TBF no one picked up the phone to talk anyway. First it was email then WhatsApp/social media/whatever.
I don't think people like talking to each other nowadays... or maybe it's just me they don't want to talk to.

pallet 18-02-2021 04:46 PM

People at work work wash their bow or lunch plate up and leave the sink full of their dirty water.

CT_Palace 18-02-2021 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 15657174)
People at work work wash their bow or lunch plate up and leave the sink full of their dirty water.

Perhaps you could mention to your colleagues that the parliamentary statute meant to compel Englishmen to spend their Sundays and holidays ďnot in pointless amusements such as football, bowls, tennis and dice, but in shooting at the butts" whilst valid in Tudor times is not required today.

Stellavista 18-02-2021 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 15657174)
People at work work wash their bow or lunch plate up and leave the sink full of their dirty water.

Bloody violinists

big bad John 18-02-2021 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15657166)
I don't think people like talking to each other nowadays... or maybe it's just me they don't want to talk to.

They really don't. I worked with a company a few years back and the supervisors would be in your view and still shoot you a text. It caused so many problems with some older workers, who just never got the hang of texting.

Hedgehog 18-02-2021 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15657166)
TBF no one picked up the phone to talk anyway. First it was email then WhatsApp/social media/whatever.
I don't think people like talking to each other nowadays... or maybe it's just me they don't want to talk to.

I'm not sure if it's related, but I never pick up the phone at home anymore. We have caller ID so pretty sure most of the time it's nothing important, and if it was they would leave a message surely (which they never do, unless it's a taped/computerized message).

Example, our phone has rung twice in the last 10 minutes... unknown number... no message left. Plus cell phone rang, came up as "Spam Risk".

Pretty much takes any motivation to pick up the phone away.

big bad John 18-02-2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15657183)
Perhaps you could mention to your colleagues that the parliamentary statute meant to compel Englishmen to spend their Sundays and holidays ďnot in pointless amusements such as football, bowls, tennis and dice, but in shooting at the butts" whilst valid in Tudor times is not required today.

Or killing a Welshman in Nottinghamshire, as long as it is after 11pm on a Saturday night and you use a crossbow. Still think that law stands today.

Worksop Palace 18-02-2021 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 15657255)
Or killing a Welshman in Nottinghamshire, as long as it is after 11pm on a Saturday night and you use a crossbow. Still think that law stands today.

IDNKT

Now, where’s me crossbow

Chillo 18-02-2021 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15657078)
Does every single call need to be on zoom?
Just call me, mo fo's.

It's on Teams for me.

RazorsEdge 18-02-2021 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15657217)
I'm not sure if it's related, but I never pick up the phone at home anymore. We have caller ID so pretty sure most of the time it's nothing important, and if it was they would leave a message surely (which they never do, unless it's a taped/computerized message).

Example, our phone has rung twice in the last 10 minutes... unknown number... no message left. Plus cell phone rang, came up as "Spam Risk".

Pretty much takes any motivation to pick up the phone away.

I take the spam calls......they never ring me again I have noted wonder why.....hehe

CT_Palace 18-02-2021 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 15657255)
Or killing a Welshman in Nottinghamshire, as long as it is after 11pm on a Saturday night and you use a crossbow. Still think that law stands today.

I believe there's something similar in York, but killing a Scotsman.
Or maybe its urban folklore.

big bad John 18-02-2021 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15657331)
I believe there's something similar in York, but killing a Scotsman.
Or maybe its urban folklore.

There is, and the poor old taffy can be knocked off in Chester as long as it's not on a Sunday. There's a load of them old laws that have never been repealed. Surely if we dig deep enough there could be an ancient law from 1018 or thereabouts, which gives a South Londoner the right to bear arms against any male, native to Brighton and Hove.

Stavros 69 18-02-2021 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillo (Post 15657288)
It's on Teams for me.

Yeah Iíve got both.
Find half my day is wasted on these ďcallsĒ.
Plus they can see me typing away on something else instead of listening to them harp on.

Reps AJ 18-02-2021 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15657396)
Yeah Iíve got both.
Find half my day is wasted on these ďcallsĒ.
Plus they can see me typing away on something else instead of listening to them harp on.

Turn the camera off.

Glad I could help :D

Stavros 69 18-02-2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 15657465)
Turn the camera off.

Glad I could help :D

They all want to look at me.

Reps AJ 18-02-2021 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15657570)
They all want to look at me.

Ah, you work on Babestation :p


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.