CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   County Cricket 2021 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=283690)

ANDYEAGLE 16-07-2021 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 15906004)
Iím a Surrey fan but congrats to Kent on a superb win with a side of many names I donít know of.

Well I am certainly supporting them Sunday:)

Somerset as well need to win to get home draw.

Prince Phillip 17-07-2021 08:55 AM

The new mercenary at Surrey looks ok. He likes to hit the ball extra hard to the boundary but with orthodox shots.
......but he's off somewhere else now after two games.

Norwich_Eagle 17-07-2021 09:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hampshire - 6th v. Glamorgan - 8th
Somerset - 2nd v. Gloucestershire - 5th

Somerset and Glamorgan wins and we qualify.

Attachment 54974

RobertCPFC 17-07-2021 11:13 AM

I was very happy with the Kent win last night.

It was once again a team put together at short notice. They had the players who normally don't play T20, a few from the second XI, three Scottish players who were in the side who beat England a few years ago announced earlier in the afternoon and Crawley as he was away when the Surrey game took place.

I thought after the way we started we were about 20 runs short but it was more than enough. It was a very good bowling performance.

It's great we finish top. Hopefully we can win the quarter final when it comes round and get to finals day for the first time in 12 years.

3 Beers at HT 17-07-2021 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 15906069)
Well I am certainly supporting them Sunday:)

:eek:

cappuccinoeagle 17-07-2021 10:48 PM

Surrey have signed Durham leg spinning all rounder Cameron Steel,initially on loan

spike 17-07-2021 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle (Post 15906395)
Hampshire - 6th v. Glamorgan - 8th
Somerset - 2nd v. Gloucestershire - 5th

Somerset and Glamorgan wins and we qualify.

If Sussex lose to Kent then Surrey should overtake them on Net Run Rate (unless they score over 190 and lose by a run or 2)

Also Hants need to win by approx 51 runs or with 6 overs to spare.

cappuccinoeagle 18-07-2021 02:46 PM

.

ANDYEAGLE 18-07-2021 05:09 PM

So. With Hants easy win I think it means Somerset and Kent have to win for Surrey to get to the qtr's. Can see Somerset winning but not Kent

Olympian2 18-07-2021 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike (Post 15907559)
If Sussex lose to Kent then Surrey should overtake them on Net Run Rate (unless they score over 190 and lose by a run or 2)

Also Hants need to win by approx 51 runs or with 6 overs to spare.

Youíre like Andy Zaltzman but much more loveable :love:

Prince Phillip 18-07-2021 08:00 PM

Hampshire knock off 187 in 13 overs. Fix.

RobertCPFC 18-07-2021 10:21 PM

Sussex won by four wickets. Kent started well in the powerplay but were not able to build on it scoring 130-7. Sussex chased it down relatively easily. I'm not disappointed as it was always going to be tough tonight and we had already won the group. I have enjoyed watching different players in the last week and hopefully I can see some of them during the One Day Cup over the next month.

Somerset beat Gloucestershire to finish second. Tom Lammonby scored 90 from 36 balls.

The quarter-finals are:
Tue 24th Aug: Yorkshire v Sussex
Wed 25th Aug: Notts v Hampshire
Thu 26th Aug: Somerset v Lancashire
Fri 27th Aug: Kent v Warwickshire

Yorkshire will be playing at the Riverside because of the test match starting the next day at Headingley.

Ev 18-07-2021 10:26 PM

Friday night home tie - perfect!

Philipw 18-07-2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertCPFC (Post 15909137)
Sussex won by four wickets. Kent started well in the powerplay but were not able to build on it scoring 130-7. Sussex chased it down relatively easily. I'm not disappointed as it was always going to be tough tonight and we had already won the group. I have enjoyed watching different players in the last week and hopefully I can see some of them during the One Day Cup over the next month.

Somerset beat Gloucestershire to finish second. Tom Lammonby scored 90 from 36 balls.

The quarter-finals are:
Tue 24th Aug: Yorkshire v Sussex
Wed 25th Aug: Notts v Hampshire
Thu 26th Aug: Somerset v Lancashire
Fri 27th Aug: Kent v Warwickshire

Yorkshire will be playing at the Riverside because of the test match starting the next day at Headingley.

Sussex very dangerous. Unless international games interfere, a bowling attack of Archer, Jordan, Mills, Rashid Khan, Robinson and Bopara is better than some international sides

Ian Hart 18-07-2021 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertCPFC (Post 15909137)

The quarter-finals are:
Tue 24th Aug: Yorkshire v Sussex
Wed 25th Aug: Notts v Hampshire
Thu 26th Aug: Somerset v Lancashire
Fri 27th Aug: Kent v Warwickshire

Tuppenny ha'penny competition.

I don't know why teams bother with it :hmph: ;)

Norwich_Eagle 19-07-2021 11:02 AM

As I am going to the Finals Day again I would like:

Yorkshire/Nottinghamshire/Lancashire/Warwickshire - with a strong preference to Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire through family connections.

RobertCPFC 19-07-2021 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Hart (Post 15909176)
Tuppenny ha'penny competition.

I don't know why teams bother with it :hmph: ;)

I knew you would be more interested in The Hundred. :)

ANDYEAGLE 19-07-2021 01:09 PM

Where are people parking at Guildford these days.? Not been there for years.

Webb 20-07-2021 03:39 PM

Rikki Clarke calling it a day at the end of the season.

Timbo 20-07-2021 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webb (Post 15911464)
Rikki Clarke calling it a day at the end of the season.

What, he's not even 40!!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.