CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   County Cricket 2021 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=283690)

ANDYEAGLE 01-10-2021 09:50 AM

So. We are getting a 31stg rebate from Surrey. I am sure you Surrey lot will be donating it back to the club.

Ruskin Old Boy 01-10-2021 07:53 PM

Most peculiar: sent in my letter of resignation to Surrey late last year. Received a confirmation email from the Ticket Office by return, all very polite.

Earlier this year received a membership card! Invitations to apply for tickets!! Thank you letters!!! And today a letter arrived from Charlie Hodgson with an invitation, should I be so inclined, to apply for the grand sum of £30.72.

What a marvellous gesture :D

cappuccinoeagle 01-10-2021 09:35 PM

Gareth Batty retires

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/ne...ssistant-coach

Ian Hart 01-10-2021 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy (Post 16030999)
Most peculiar: sent in my letter of resignation to Surrey late last year.

Why did you resign, John? The poor performances haven't been your fault entirely ;)

ANDYEAGLE 02-10-2021 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy (Post 16030999)
Most peculiar: sent in my letter of resignation to Surrey late last year. Received a confirmation email from the Ticket Office by return, all very polite.

Earlier this year received a membership card! Invitations to apply for tickets!! Thank you letters!!! And today a letter arrived from Charlie Hodgson with an invitation, should I be so inclined, to apply for the grand sum of £30.72.

What a marvellous gesture :D

Well they are giving me STG 31.11. :D

Olympian2 02-10-2021 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy (Post 16030999)
Most peculiar: sent in my letter of resignation to Surrey late last year. Received a confirmation email from the Ticket Office by return, all very polite.

Earlier this year received a membership card! Invitations to apply for tickets!! Thank you letters!!! And today a letter arrived from Charlie Hodgson with an invitation, should I be so inclined, to apply for the grand sum of £30.72.

What a marvellous gesture :D

That’s brilliant, ROB. They are currently a shambles both on & off the field…

desperado 07-10-2021 01:18 PM

I have applied for my £30 refund this year

I have decided to give the money to the UNICEF/WHO Covid-19 vaccine appeal

I hope they will use the money more wisely than Surrey CCC

Ian Hart 14-10-2021 05:40 PM

The County Championship reverts to 2 divisions next season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58913832

As Div 1 will have 10 teams, and Surrey finished 4th in Div 2 (so, effectively 10th overall) does that mean we'll be back in Div 1 next season? I presume so

Ian Hart 14-10-2021 05:42 PM

We deserve to be in Div 1 after playing so supremely well last season

Olympian2 14-10-2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Hart (Post 16050848)
The County Championship reverts to 2 divisions next season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58913832

As Div 1 will have 10 teams, and Surrey finished 4th in Div 2 (so, effectively 10th overall) does that mean we'll be back in Div 1 next season? I presume so

Yes, the teams for each division have now been confirmed in the original link you provided. Surrey have scraped into Div 1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Hart (Post 16050851)
We deserve to be in Div 1 after playing so supremely well last season

:D :D

Sam Spade 14-10-2021 06:02 PM

More tinkering to ensure Hants don’t win the CC...:hmph:

Ian Hart 15-10-2021 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Spade (Post 16050870)
More tinkering to ensure Hants don’t win the CC...:hmph:

The tinkering seems to have worked successfully for coming up to 50 years :D

spike 15-10-2021 02:36 PM

Middlesex are also pissed of with the situation, which is quite funny given how terrible they've been for the last 3 years.

Sam Spade 15-10-2021 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Hart (Post 16051448)
The tinkering seems to have worked successfully for coming up to 50 years :D

:D Last won in 1973, the year I started work. I retired this year ffs!

ANDYEAGLE 16-10-2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16050864)
Yes, the teams for each division have now been confirmed in the original link you provided. Surrey have scraped into Div 1.



:D :D

So 10 teams in div 1 and 8 in div 2. Seems like it has been fixed for Surrey;)

GTR 16-10-2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 16052641)
So 10 teams in div 1 and 8 in div 2. Seems like it has been fixed for Surrey;)

Seems like they have gone with the structure and the promotions and relegations from 2019.

Notts upset to be in Div 2 but not a 2/3 majority for any alternative proposal.

Would much prefer 2 divisions of 9 and 16 matches in total but big question is how many games are played in April, May and September. Fixture list out next month apparently

Ruskin Old Boy 22-12-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16031900)
That’s brilliant, ROB. They are currently a shambles both on & off the field…


:D

Had an email from Surrey today advising me that they plan to raid my bank account in January for my 2022 membership fee.

T'is a shambles that despite numerous emails from me, confirmations from the Box Office andother part of the club hasn't got a f*cking clue what's going on. They're as bad as Boris and his cabinet of fools.

le piddler 22-12-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy (Post 16165651)
:D

Had an email from Surrey today advising me that they plan to raid my bank account in January for my 2022 membership fee.

T'is a shambles that despite numerous emails from me, confirmations from the Box Office andother part of the club hasn't got a f*cking clue what's going on. They're as bad as Boris and his cabinet of fools.

Had the same this morning,informing me they have set up a direct debit for my upcoming membership.
I sent them a copy of my confirmation email saying I paid for my T20 & one day membership so why am I being charged again?
Got a reply saying I can update my membership if I want as the one I have doesn’t include the 100 !! Like I really care 😂

desperado 22-12-2021 12:35 PM

I had the same e-mail

Been a member so long I can't remember for how many years.
Haven't been to The Oval since September 2019 but hoping to return when there is a semblance of normality again

Money going out of my account next month. Surrey CCC the gift that keeps on taking

Ian Hart 22-12-2021 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy (Post 16165651)
:D

They're as bad as Boris and his cabinet of fools.

Steady on!!!!!

Surrey are just useless and incompetent.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.