CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ashes 2021 - 4-0 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=285220)

Prince Phillip 18-12-2021 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16157886)
Agree with all that. A lesser factor is that the Aussies are always fired up. Oh for a tiny part of that in our ranks. One or two players cannot carry the team. Dead Wood has to go this winter.

Didn't realise his injuries were that bad.

davech 18-12-2021 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16157912)
Didn't realise his injuries were that bad.

I've been stitched up, m'lud :D.

He has to stay fit and stay.

Latvian Eagle 18-12-2021 09:59 AM

That hit to the head has Broady malfunctioning. Suddenly thinks he can bat now. :moo:

Aki Aki Aki 18-12-2021 10:01 AM

Oh look, feral sandpaper tw@t couldn't resist opening his big ugly gob :D

art malice 18-12-2021 10:01 AM

Wonder if anyone will retire halfway through the series like Graeme Swann did?

RazorsEdge 18-12-2021 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16157897)
HmmmÖ

Good jinxing mate :D

Lol

0.bj 18-12-2021 10:05 AM

0-5 against this Aussie team will go down as the worst tour in English cricket history.

Woke up to see Malan and Root has got us to 150-2. Went back for a snooze. Got up again and see itís 220-9. Astonishing, abysmal, dog shit. Yet completely expected.

Silverwood and Root canít survive this. Can they?

Latvian Eagle 18-12-2021 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0.bj (Post 16157928)
0-5 against this Aussie team will go down as the worst tour in English cricket history.

Woke up to see Malan and Root has got us to 150-2. Went back for a snooze. Got up again and see itís 220-9. Astonishing, abysmal, dog shit. Yet completely expected.

Silverwood and Root canít survive this. Can they?

Root is such a poor captain. He just has nothing about him.

SussexRed&Blue 18-12-2021 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0.bj (Post 16157928)
0-5 against this Aussie team will go down as the worst tour in English cricket history.

Woke up to see Malan and Root has got us to 150-2. Went back for a snooze. Got up again and see it’s 220-9. Astonishing, abysmal, dog shit. Yet completely expected.

Silverwood and Root can’t survive this. Can they?

Didn't we lose 5-0 last time in Australia seems to be par for the course!

We don't have the mental toughness or quality to compete against the top teams.

davech 18-12-2021 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0.bj (Post 16157928)
0-5 against this Aussie team will go down as the worst tour in English cricket history.

Woke up to see Malan and Root has got us to 150-2. Went back for a snooze. Got up again and see it’s 220-9. Astonishing, abysmal, dog shit. Yet completely expected.

Silverwood and Root can’t survive this. Can they?

Silverwood is cricket's version of Steve Sherwood.

Root needs a captain to take the weight off his shoulders, much like Mike Brearley did for Ian Botham. I have no idea who this captain might be, given the paucity of County Cricket. Oh for a Mike Brearley now.


Edit: Brain-fade. I meant Tim. Cheers, Worksop

Aki Aki Aki 18-12-2021 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 16157923)
Wonder if anyone will retire halfway through the series like Graeme Swann did?

:D

Jordan's Jacket 18-12-2021 10:15 AM

But he is the only senior player guaranteed a place in the team. Stokes I guess is an option but not sure he is captain material. Too injury prone, a bit hot headed and I suspect on a downwards curve

davech 18-12-2021 10:17 AM

Follow-on? (I don't what the weather has in store). But can they bowl us out again.....? You bet they can :(

art malice 18-12-2021 10:18 AM

Graham Thorpe needs some one-on-one batting coaching with his line manager

davech 18-12-2021 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket (Post 16157936)
But he is the only senior player guaranteed a place in the team. Stokes I guess is an option but not sure he is captain material. Too injury prone, a bit hot headed and I suspect on a downwards curve

The old joke used to be England pick 10 players and then a captain. The Aussies pick 11 and make the best one captain.

Do we have a captain out there with a bit of nous, who can score more runs than, say, Burns?

davech 18-12-2021 10:23 AM

Here they go! They want to grind us into the dirt, don't they?

Prince Phillip 18-12-2021 10:26 AM

Not wishing to make light of a serious subject, but can certainly see Buttler being released home. He's really got the thousand yard stare now.

Aki Aki Aki 18-12-2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16157945)
Here they go! They want to grind us into the dirt, don't they?

That's what Mike Atherton would do to the ball ....

davech 18-12-2021 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 16157948)
That's what Mike Atherton would do to the ball ....

Where is a Mike Atherton when you need one?

0.bj 18-12-2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue (Post 16157933)
Didn't we lose 5-0 last time in Australia seems to be par for the course!

We don't have the mental toughness or quality to compete against the top teams.

0-5 is regular but this is not a great Aussie team by any stretch.

Biggest indictment for me is how they can have half a bowling attack missing and still look frightening. Anderson and Broad with 1100 wickets under their belt come in under helpful conditions but for Aussie bats it looks like a serene summer day at the beach with wine and caviar on tap. No trauma out there for them.

Prince Phillip 18-12-2021 10:50 AM

Australian batters not afraid of Broad and Anderson under the lights. That's another 600-page England planning dossier for the recycling, then.

davech 18-12-2021 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16157963)
Australian batters not afraid of Broad and Anderson under the lights. That's another 600-page England planning dossier for the recycling, then.

They know how to bat properly. That's almost like cheating.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 18-12-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket (Post 16157936)
But he is the only senior player guaranteed a place in the team. Stokes I guess is an option but not sure he is captain material. Too injury prone, a bit hot headed and I suspect on a downwards curve

Think you and Davech have it in a nut shell. Root great bat ,shit captain . But who do you bring in as skipper.

Olympian2 18-12-2021 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16157909)
Seriously though, an uncompetitive Ashes is just another nail in Test Cricket's coffin. Globally it's only got about 10 years to go. Who's going to pay the subscription money for so many forgone conclusions?

This is the most prescient comment of the last 20 or so pages. Every now & then we (globally) get a magnificent series but on the wholeÖ.

The ECB talk the talk but clearly do not walk the walk. I canít imagine the BCCI would be too upset if red ball cricket disappeared. Aussie folks - what do CA think?

davech 18-12-2021 11:20 AM

Well, those 40 runs have probably tipped it. Out of our reach now :D. Ratboy's run-out is a bonus though.

davech 18-12-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16158089)
This is the most prescient comment of the last 20 or so pages. Every now & then we (globally) get a magnificent series but on the wholeÖ.

The ECB talk the talk but clearly do not walk the walk. I canít imagine the BCCI would be too upset if red ball cricket disappeared. Aussie folks - what do CA think?

It's all so sad. Red Ball cricket must never die. It IS cricket. How that translates into a change of the cricket heirarchy goodness only knows.

Tomo 18-12-2021 11:30 AM

Embarrassing.

An hour with a new ball under the lights and our only chances came through run outs.
Not one of them good enough.

Golf Boy 18-12-2021 11:36 AM

Is the captain allowed to receive information from the balcony?

davech 18-12-2021 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 16158108)
Is the captain allowed to receive information from the balcony?

I think so. They could always bring out some strapping for Buttler's hands with a secret message. A bit of velcro probably wouldn't go amiss. Not sure how good the advice would be though.

art malice 18-12-2021 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16158096)
It's all so sad. Red Ball cricket must never die. It IS cricket. How that translates into a change of the cricket heirarchy goodness only knows.

Pink ball cricket can do one though

desperado 18-12-2021 11:51 AM

Joe Root is England's best batsman and on the final session the bowler most likely to take a wicket

Too many players not up to Test match quality and others who are one day players who play as if a Test match is a 20 over game

ECB reaping what they have sown over the years by focussing on the money available from Mickey Mouse cricket and ignoring the breeding ground for quality Test match players who can compete at the top level

PeterH 18-12-2021 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 16157908)
I delayed looking at the score this morning through dread. Might not bother in future.

I went to bed and we were in a fair position at lunch with the two of them going well. Then got up to this shit shower.

Worksop Palace 18-12-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16157934)
Silverwood is cricket's version of Steve Sherwood.

Root needs a captain to take the weight off his shoulders, much like Mike Brearley did for Ian Botham. I have no idea who this captain might be, given the paucity of County Cricket. Oh for a Mike Brearley now.

As in the ex Watford (iirc) keeper?

I think heís shit but not that shit

:D

cockneyrebel 18-12-2021 02:13 PM

Another tedious series with no competitiveness as so one sided.

Worksop Palace 18-12-2021 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockneyrebel (Post 16158215)
Another tedious series with no competitiveness as so one sided.

It shouldnít be though cr

Itís not like Aus are streets ahead of us on paper or even player v player. We just donít have the right mentality in the main. We donít dig deep. We donít battle out sessions or even segments of a half hour or hour.

Weíre just weak and Iím afraid that comes from the top.

Golf Boy 18-12-2021 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16158134)
I think so. They could always bring out some strapping for Buttler's hands with a secret message. A bit of velcro probably wouldn't go amiss. Not sure how good the advice would be though.

Or just get Mike Brearly on the balcony and an earpiece for Root. Sorted:p

davech 18-12-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16158181)
As in the ex Watford (iirc) keeper?

I think heís shit but not that shit

:D

Apologies. Got my Sherwoods mixed up. I meant Tim :o

eaglesheart 18-12-2021 02:30 PM

There is nothing now to look forward to in this series as a cricket fan. All hope extinguished in the quickest possible time. Thanks you bunch of craven, lily livered losers.

Timbo 18-12-2021 02:36 PM

England players have been let down by the ECB. Why was the preparation so poor?

Worksop Palace 18-12-2021 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16158290)
Apologies. Got my Sherwoods mixed up. I meant Tim :o

I assumed so :D

Worksop Palace 18-12-2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 16158340)
England players have been let down by the ECB. Why was the preparation so poor?

Think it was down to a little virus that's been knocking about for a bit ......

davech 18-12-2021 03:11 PM

There is no quick solution to this.

1. Joe Root needs an experienced captain to take weight off his shoulders. Not a part of the current set-up afflicted with the ongoing malaise. If he can open the batting, so much the better. This is the absolute proirity.

2. A decent spinner, so Joe doesn't have to do that as well. Is Jeetan Patel up to the coach role?

Both the above admitedly easier said than done.

Above all, we need a new coach, probably foreign, to bring a new mindset to the group. Starting when they return minus the urn with their tails betweeen their legs. Those who cannot or will not respond should be history.

Stockport_Eagle 18-12-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16158359)
Think it was down to a little virus that's been knocking about for a bit ......

Amd poor weather

Bungalow 18-12-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16157909)
Cricket Australia considering 2025/26 Ashes consisting only of 3 Tests. They feel they can get someone like Bangladesh in for a proper contest after.
Seriously though, an uncompetitive Ashes is just another nail in Test Cricket's coffin. Globally it's only got about 10 years to go. Who's going to pay the subscription money for so many forgone conclusions?

Hard to disagree with this.

Jordan's Jacket 18-12-2021 04:17 PM

We definitely need a new coach. That goes without saying. Biggest problem is the lack of talent in the English game where the focus is purely on smashing the crap out of the ball. Even at academy level the focus on playing shots and not the art of defence. Counties are reasonably chasing the £ involved with short forms of the game.

Aki Aki Aki 18-12-2021 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16157909)
Cricket Australia considering 2025/26 Ashes consisting only of 3 Tests. They feel they can get someone like Bangladesh in for a proper contest after.

Is this true PP ? Can't believe the Aussie cricket board would do this given the revenues they bring in from the Barmy Army.

Prince Phillip 18-12-2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 16158438)
Is this true PP ? Can't believe the Aussie cricket board would do this given the revenues they bring in from the Barmy Army.

Nah, was just a cheeky attempt at humour. The one consistent feature of English cricket home and abroad is the unwavering support and the healthy ticket and refreshment revenues. Perhaps we all need to get angry and not go anymore?

Tomo 18-12-2021 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16158216)
It shouldnít be though cr

Itís not like Aus are streets ahead of us on paper or even player v player. We just donít have the right mentality in the main. We donít dig deep. We donít battle out sessions or even segments of a half hour or hour.

Weíre just weak and Iím afraid that comes from the top.

Theyíve got 3 of the best 4 batsmen (at least) between the 2 sides.
Smith and Labuschagne nearly scored as much together as our whole line up.

Australia have a more threatening bowling line up and spinner they can depend on.

But aside from that, selection has been wrong in both games.
The attitude from the players had been poor.
The execution has been weak.
Weíve been dreadfully unlucky in terms of preparation and I do have a lot of degree that youíve either got players like Butler who look completely burnt out, or others whoíve played no cricket in 3 or 4 months (at least!).

We can talk about Roots captaincy all we want, but heís being let down by fielders and the batsmen as well.

We set plans, have organised ourselves pretty well then drop regulations.
Most of the batsmen havenít realised that you earn the right to play shots by seeing off 40-50 balls. No matter who you are.

Some of these players need to have a look at themselves and see how much they really want to be Test players.

jmemour 18-12-2021 07:11 PM

It's got to the point that I actively dislike this team, all the talent in the world and no application in that batting line-up and a coaching staff who are nowhere near as clever as they think they are.

Buttler and Pope should be on the next plane home for a shocking attitude and lack of heart to dig in and get a score, Woakes and Broad should be with them for clearly not being suited to this tour and being unfairly put into positions they cannot fulfil. Burns wouldn't be far behind for being so badly out of nick it's horrifying to watch.

And lastly Chris Silverwood shouldn't be given a seat. He and his cabal of idiots who don't think you should play your best bowling attack at 1-0 down in the series should be put in the luggage hold. The same set up who picked 4 seamers in f*cking Chennai.

Completely and utterly dejected by this lot, a truly pathetic showing.

Olympian2 18-12-2021 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmemour (Post 16158612)
It's got to the point that I actively dislike this team, all the talent in the world and no application in that batting line-up and a coaching staff who are nowhere near as clever as they think they are.

For England summer tests, I always grab tickets for 2-3 days at the Oval & look to go for a day to either Lords &/or Edgbaston.

I've booked 2 days at the Oval for next summer but won't bother with anything else. Considering the quality of the cricket & the slow over rates, there simply isn't enough value for money.

Eagle Kneevil 18-12-2021 08:28 PM

The Aussie commentators cannot believe that England didn’t know the lengths to bowl at Adelaide. It’s no mystery - the Aussies play here each series and have won all their day/night tests. We show up and think we know better or didn’t do the work ahead of time to learn the right lengths to bowl. Makes no sense at all.

Nuts 18-12-2021 08:36 PM

I worry for the future of test cricket but went to a Big Bash game down here earlier in the week and the crowd was abysmal. Only reason I went was because my local cricket club organised a social night for the kids and mine wanted to go to hang out with their mates. Everyone I spoke to at the BB game weíre disinterested in the BB concept as were the crowd who were more interested in the ******* Mexican wave.

For me this is the most important series in world sport but generally the best series are in England because at least weíre competitive there. I agree with other posters that on paper there shouldnít be this big a gap between the sides. You didnít have much luck in the first test but the lack of application with the bat and then constantly bowling too short in Adelaide have been disappointing. Anderson is the chief culprit there. Across the entire first innings only 4% of balls would have hit the stumps

spike 18-12-2021 10:28 PM

The average for all seamers in Australia is only 10%.

Pat Cummins career at home: 8% hitting stumps

(Both stats from CricViz accounts on Twitter)

cappuccinoeagle 18-12-2021 10:40 PM

From what I’ve seen of the highlights on I Player Chris Woakes’ bowling has been truly abysmal, a lot of short pitched, medium paced buffet bowling. Unfortunately if he’s left out it weakens the batting
Today Ollie Pope, terrible dismissal, the guy has talent, but I wonder if has the Test Match temperament?
Last chance saloon for Burns at Melbourne, although he got a good one today

Tomo 19-12-2021 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Kneevil (Post 16158831)
The Aussie commentators cannot believe that England didnít know the lengths to bowl at Adelaide. Itís no mystery - the Aussies play here each series and have won all their day/night tests. We show up and think we know better or didnít do the work ahead of time to learn the right lengths to bowl. Makes no sense at all.

Hmmm Iím not having that.

The areas both teams bowled st were pretty much the same.
Australia had a little more luck and held their catches.
We bowled much better than 470-8 score would have suggested ( apart from the last session).

Unfortunately we have a lack of application within our batting lineup.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 19-12-2021 04:14 AM

Butler drops Smith first ball.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 19-12-2021 04:15 AM

Smith out second ball.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 19-12-2021 04:16 AM

Over turned, on umpires call. Hawkeye saying out.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 19-12-2021 04:29 AM

Root off the field after being hit in the knackers doing throw downs, not playing first session. Covid in press box ABC broadcast affected. It's all happening.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 19-12-2021 04:54 AM

Butler now catches Smith for 6.

Stockport_Eagle 19-12-2021 05:27 AM

Australia bowled out for 160, England chase down 400 to level the series at 1-1?

No, I know, but all we have left is occasional snippets of optimism.

ExiledStirling 19-12-2021 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle (Post 16159004)
Australia bowled out for 160, England chase down 400 to level the series at 1-1?

No, I know, but all we have left is occasional snippets of optimism.

Hopefully achieved with a session to spare so Root and the boys have the time to take on COVID and defeat it as well for the good of all of humankind.

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 06:01 AM

400 or 500 to chase is a hard hard total. I would imagine if anything it woks be circa 500 for us to chase

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 16159009)
Hopefully achieved with a session to spare so Root and the boys have the time to take on COVID and defeat it as well for the good of all of humankind.

Yes :)

England cricket team retains the ashes and saves humankind :)

ExiledStirling 19-12-2021 06:37 AM

Matt Prior giving a good analysis of why Buttler drops catches he should take

Olympian2 19-12-2021 07:22 AM

Eleanor Oldroyd on 5Live just now : Australia are, effectively, in the box-seat now.

Outstanding analysis….

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 16159019)
Matt Prior giving a good analysis of why Buttler drops catches he should take

Yes very good analysis
Butler is lazy in my opinion or maybe just complacent to move or get behind the ball and this is what he needs to do more, we get told as kids to get behind the ball etc

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16159025)
Eleanor Oldroyd on 5Live just now : Australia are, effectively, in the box-seat now.

Outstanding analysisÖ.

No sh!t Sherlock

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 07:50 AM

Malan can bowl

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 07:52 AM

Hold the front page, Butterfingers took a catch

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 07:53 AM

468 to win in 130 odd overs

We have to face 40 odd overs today………..pray for England

Aki Aki Aki 19-12-2021 07:55 AM

So it seems Root and Malan are not only our best batters

Tomo 19-12-2021 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16159033)
Yes very good analysis
Butler is lazy in my opinion or maybe just complacent to move or get behind the ball and this is what he needs to do more, we get told as kids to get behind the ball etc

While heís not near Foakes standards, heís improved as a keeper over the last couple of years.

Iím not sure if heís just burnt out.
Not sure of whatís happening behind the scenes but his wife recently had a child and not sure if theyíre out with him or not.

Glad he took a couple of blinders today if nothing else.

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 16159042)
So it seems Root and Malan are not only our best batters

Lol, not many know, but Jason Roy is a good bowler too

Malan did turn couple of wrong uns which was very impressive

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 16159047)
While heís not near Foakes standards, heís improved as a keeper over the last couple of years.

Iím not sure if heís just burnt out.
Not sure of whatís happening behind the scenes but his wife recently had a child and not sure if theyíre out with him or not.

Glad he took a couple of blinders today if nothing else.

Yes that burn out is something not taken into account, he is a one day /t20 specialist like Dhoni and maybe ECB need or limit the games or break before test cricket

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 08:01 AM

Burns and Hameed have a chance to make history by having a partnership in double figures……

eaglesheart 19-12-2021 08:13 AM

Pathetic again from Hameed. Cue the collapse.

Stockport_Eagle 19-12-2021 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16159051)
Burns and Hameed have a chance to make history by having a partnership in double figures……

Chance gone....lasted 2 overs

eaglesheart 19-12-2021 08:14 AM

Could be over today.

gold76 19-12-2021 08:15 AM

Almost a sense of inevitability

Half baked prep, feels like a watershed tour, maybe some of the old guard will step down and Root will have to go as skipper

A team in transition

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle (Post 16159067)
Chance gone....lasted 2 overs

You got to to laugh.

Absolute despair, and I didnít expect Hameed to fall so cheaply to be honest

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold76 (Post 16159071)
Almost a sense of inevitability

Half baked prep, feels like a watershed tour, maybe some of the old guard will step down and Root will have to go as skipper

A team in transition

Yup agree

eaglesheart 19-12-2021 08:15 AM

Hameed should be put on the next plane home. He doesn't even look like a cricketer.

Worksop Palace 19-12-2021 08:16 AM

Pathetic. It’s the only word.

Pathetic

Aki Aki Aki 19-12-2021 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold76 (Post 16159071)
Almost a sense of inevitability

Half baked prep, feels like a watershed tour, maybe some of the old guard will step down and Root will have to go as skipper

A team in transition

Reminds me of the Mitchell Johnson Ashes from about 8 years back, which saw the end of a few careers such as KP. Sadly with the state of the first class game in England, we don't have a lot to replace those who get jettisoned.

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 08:20 AM

Not sure why Burns is Playing across the line, misses he is gone lbw

cockneyrebel 19-12-2021 08:22 AM

Think it just has to be faced that England are shit at test cricket and it’s a format in decline.

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 16159080)
Reminds me of the Mitchell Johnson Ashes from about 8 years back, which saw the end of a few careers such as KP. Sadly with the state of the first class game in England, we don't have a lot to replace those who get jettisoned.

How we all laughed prior to that series and took the mick at Mitchell Johnson, boy did he make us eat our own words….

I think this is the last of broad and Anderson we need new bowlers, a keeper and a new opening pair of batsmen

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockneyrebel (Post 16159085)
Think it just has to be faced that England are shit at test cricket and itís a format in decline.

Need to do what NZ done many years ago and play test like a one day match

eaglesheart 19-12-2021 08:32 AM

Burns reaches double figures shock !!

Aki Aki Aki 19-12-2021 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16159086)
How we all laughed prior to that series and took the mick at Mitchell Johnson, boy did he make us eat our own wordsÖ.

He did in that series for sure, he was brutal. But to bd fair he was fully deserving of the flack he generally got from England fans over the years (including me :D) as he often bowled all over the place.

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 16159094)
He did in that series for sure, he was brutal. But to bd fair he was fully deserving of the flack he generally got from England fans over the years (including me :D) as he often bowled all over the place.

Oh yes, I gave him some stick too lol

But that one series he played Brilliantly

Jordan's Jacket 19-12-2021 08:46 AM

Burns and Hameed are so far away from being test openers is almost funny

Aki Aki Aki 19-12-2021 08:51 AM

I have high hopes for Hameed, but he's not really taking his chances. Out to a good ball today to be fair, probably still one to stick with going forward.

Isn't the Adelaide Oval one of the most beautiful grounds in world cricket ? Stunning :p

Jordan's Jacket 19-12-2021 08:54 AM

I haven't seen anything in Hameed to believe he is the man for the job

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 09:03 AM

Burns is struggling with spin

cockneyrebel 19-12-2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16159087)
Need to do what NZ done many years ago and play test like a one day match

Why donít they do that? Iíve thought that before. Surely that way they could get 300 or so in an innings?

How different is a red ball to a white ball?

Golf Boy 19-12-2021 09:06 AM

Just put Stokes in witha tailender

Aki Aki Aki 19-12-2021 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockneyrebel (Post 16159120)
How different is a red ball to a white ball?

It does do more CR, plus in the short format there is a seperate white ball from each end (I think). Also, field settings are very pro batters in one day games.

eaglesheart 19-12-2021 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockneyrebel (Post 16159120)
Why donít they do that? Iíve thought that before. Surely that way they could get 300 or so in an innings?

How different is a red ball to a white ball?

Watching Butler yesterday was painful when you know what he is capable of doing. I agree we need a different approach and mentality, to be honest we have nothing to lose.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.