CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ashes 2021 - 4-0 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=285220)

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockneyrebel (Post 16159120)
Why don’t they do that? I’ve thought that before. Surely that way they could get 300 or so in an innings?

How different is a red ball to a white ball?

It is the same thing Red has a dye applied and kookaburra claim it is the same, the players reckon white ball swings more.

I do think it is the mindset in test as you have no pressure of time and take your time in and staying in.

Brad an has scored 300 in a day and I think Shewag came close by scoring 270 something

So basically it is temperament and approach by the batsman and playing positive Cricket nothing different.

cockneyrebel 19-12-2021 09:21 AM

I think England might as well trying belting it around then. Can’t be any worse lol.

cockneyrebel 19-12-2021 09:23 AM

There’s two outcomes here.

1) England lose a few wickets today and then get finished off early tomorrow.

2) England scrape through today. Some get vague hopes up of breaking all records. Then a huge collapse tomorrow and finished off early.

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockneyrebel (Post 16159135)
There’s two outcomes here.

1) England lose a few wickets today and then get finished off early tomorrow.

2) England scrape through today. Some get vague hopes up of breaking all records. Then a huge collapse tomorrow and finished off early.

Option 1 I reckon we have what 25 overs still

davech 19-12-2021 09:31 AM

Lyon injured or on the naughty step? That's twice he hasn't had a knock :D

I really don't expect us to get anywhere near, but at least make a bloody fight of it. Come on, 250 please at least.

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16159142)
Lyon injured or on the naughty step? That's twice he hasn't had a knock :D

I really don't expect us to get anywhere near, but at least make a bloody fight of it. Come on, 250 please at least.

I agree

Tomo 19-12-2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket (Post 16159110)
I haven't seen anything in Hameed to believe he is the man for the job

A lot of harsh criticism for Hameed.

Taken his chance to get form back in county cricket.
Had a half decent summer when recalled to the team.

Has now had to go and play in Australia for the first time with ZERO preparation and no time in the middle.

bradpitt 19-12-2021 09:47 AM

Dropped :-)

Tomo 19-12-2021 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglesheart (Post 16159129)
Watching Butler yesterday was painful when you know what he is capable of doing. I agree we need a different approach and mentality, to be honest we have nothing to lose.

Agreed.

I have a degree of sympathy cos we rarely give him the platform or circumstance to play his natural game.

Not that it’s excused his poor form.

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradpitt (Post 16159171)
Dropped :-)

By smith lol

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 09:50 AM

Lbw review

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 09:51 AM

Malan gone

cockneyrebel 19-12-2021 09:51 AM

Option 1 coming up fast…

Aki Aki Aki 19-12-2021 09:51 AM

Can't be getting out to that donkey

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockneyrebel (Post 16159212)
Option 1 coming up fast…

Lol yes

Olympian2 19-12-2021 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 16159163)
A lot of harsh criticism for Hameed.

Taken his chance to get form back in county cricket.
Had a half decent summer when recalled to the team.

Has now had to go and play in Australia for the first time with ZERO preparation and no time in the middle.

This, in spades. Some of the comments on here are hugely ignorant.

Worksop Palace 19-12-2021 10:07 AM

We need to stick with Hameed for the foreseeable. But he needs some proper coaching and guidance.

bradpitt 19-12-2021 10:08 AM

Horrible to listen to with a pretty much all Aussie commentary team

sydney eagle 19-12-2021 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16159201)
Lbw review

I saw this lbw and the one the Aussie earlier got away with. How is Paul reiffel the third umpire?

Worksop Palace 19-12-2021 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sydney eagle (Post 16159378)
I saw this lbw and the one the Aussie earlier got away with. How is Paul reiffel the third umpire?

Covid ? Can’t get enough neutral umps out there ?

spike 19-12-2021 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16159130)
It is the same thing Red has a dye applied and kookaburra claim it is the same, the players reckon white ball swings more.

I thought the white balls have to be painted rather than dyed, and if T20s and ODIs are anything to go by, they stop swinging after a few overs.

jmemour 19-12-2021 10:34 AM

All over.

Tomo 19-12-2021 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16159335)
This, in spades. Some of the comments on here are hugely ignorant.

Quite. But hardly a surprise.

I don’t think his game particularly suits Australia because he keeps his hands quite low.

We’ve not been good enough, but most teams would have had 3 or 4 warm up games prior.

It’s not just like other sports. There’s so much all of the players have to go through to understand conditions abroad.

Worksop Palace 19-12-2021 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmemour (Post 16159412)
All over.

Strangely, losing Burns really doesn’t alter our chances of winning …..

Olympian2 19-12-2021 11:23 AM

Aussie folks - why are there so few spectators there?

Olympian2 19-12-2021 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16159424)
Strangely, losing Burns really doesn’t alter our chances of winning …..

:rolleyes:

crystaljim 19-12-2021 11:27 AM

Ouch!

Who'd a thought of all the England bowlers, it would be Root with worst No ball problem! :D

bradpitt 19-12-2021 11:31 AM

Root out

Tomo 19-12-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16159424)
Strangely, losing Burns really doesn’t alter our chances of winning …..

Yeah of course it wouldn’t.

Brain dead comment:

LuieJack 19-12-2021 11:32 AM

Lost cause for sure especially now with Root gone, lets hope we can bat for pride and prepare mentally for the next battle. But the problem still exists as what we do with the opening pair as surely we have to accept Hameed needs to sent out to graze, not ideal but maybe Bairstow to open with Burns? as his experience will be needed at the scary Melbourne arena with 100k.

Tomo 19-12-2021 11:32 AM

Ffs. Not a good way to end. First one that had gone away from him.

Tomo 19-12-2021 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuieJack (Post 16159455)
Lost cause for sure especially now with Root gone, lets hope we can bat for pride and prepare mentally for the next battle. But the problem still exists as what we do with the opening pair as surely we have to accept Hameed needs to sent out to graze, not ideal but maybe Bairstow to open with Burns? as his experience will be needed at the scary Melbourne arena with 100k.

Why does he? Whoever comes in is a sitting duck right now

cockneyrebel 19-12-2021 11:38 AM

Option 1 was simpler. It’s all very Carry On Cricketing.

Prince Phillip 19-12-2021 11:39 AM

Game taken into the 5th day. The ECB Support Director of Analytics and Performance Monitoring will be typing that into the "plus" column as we speak.

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike (Post 16159407)
I thought the white balls have to be painted rather than dyed, and if T20s and ODIs are anything to go by, they stop swinging after a few overs.

I thought they dyed it, this is pure guess from me and I could be wrong

Worksop Palace 19-12-2021 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 16159454)
Yeah of course it wouldn’t.

Brain dead comment:

It was just a little bit of humour Tomo, keep your panties on mate :D

Talking of brain dead, Root was pretty much brain dead right there. Absolutely no need to play that shot.

Wolfnipplechips 19-12-2021 11:47 AM

Don’t forget old Workie has a self proclaimed “wonderful sense of humour.”

davech 19-12-2021 11:48 AM

Just 386 to win now. The required run-rate is creeping up a bit, though.

ebyeeckeagle 19-12-2021 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16159470)
Just 386 to win now. The required run-rate is creeping up a bit, though.

50/50 now whether we can do this I reckon.

0.bj 19-12-2021 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglesheart (Post 16159076)
Hameed should be put on the next plane home. He doesn't even look like a cricketer.

Imagine in your case his worst crime is being brown?

Worksop Palace 19-12-2021 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16159469)
Don’t forget old Workie has a self proclaimed “wonderful sense of humour.”

Oh dear.

Even on the cricket thread.

Have you no shame?

(Rhetorical question…we know the answer)

ebyeeckeagle 19-12-2021 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 16159195)
Agreed.

I have a degree of sympathy cos we rarely give him the platform or circumstance to play his natural game.

Not that it’s excused his poor form.

But that is Test cricket. Really dont understand about giving him the right platform or circumstances? Does that mean the top order have tired out the bowlers and the pitch is set for an easy slog? Sorry, but Test cricket is about playing the game as it is, adapting to the pitch, just playing the ball in front of you. Takes guts and hard work. Buttler just doesnt have either the desire or the ability to adapt and just knuckle down. He is not alone in that. But it's what true Test players do.

So I fear it is not 'form'. This is him. So yes, he will be fine when everything is in the right place for him. (Quite apart from the wider discussion of the lack of preparation and the dominance of the short game)

eaglesheart 19-12-2021 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0.bj (Post 16159473)
Imagine in your case his worst crime is being brown?

What an embarrassing comment. Why would you even think that ? You are on ignore now, idiot.

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16159448)
Ouch!

Who'd a thought of all the England bowlers, it would be Root with worst No ball problem! :D

Haha

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16159463)
Game taken into the 5th day. The ECB Support Director of Analytics and Performance Monitoring will be typing that into the "plus" column as we speak.

A small win of course :)

Olympian2 19-12-2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16159448)
Ouch!

Who'd a thought of all the England bowlers, it would be Root with worst No ball problem! :D

:p

Wolfnipplechips 19-12-2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16159474)
Oh dear.

Even on the cricket thread.

Have you no shame?

(Rhetorical question…we know the answer)

:D

Tomo 19-12-2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16159466)
It was just a little bit of humour Tomo, keep your panties on mate :D

Talking of brain dead, Root was pretty much brain dead right there. Absolutely no need to play that shot.

Well seeing as you’ve done nothing but dug him out for the last 3 weeks you can probably forgive me for not realising it was meant to be a joke.

It would have helped if it it was funny as well.

Tomo 19-12-2021 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle (Post 16159479)
But that is Test cricket. Really dont understand about giving him the right platform or circumstances? Does that mean the top order have tired out the bowlers and the pitch is set for an easy slog? Sorry, but Test cricket is about playing the game as it is, adapting to the pitch, just playing the ball in front of you. Takes guts and hard work. Buttler just doesnt have either the desire or the ability to adapt and just knuckle down. He is not alone in that. But it's what true Test players do.

So I fear it is not 'form'. This is him. So yes, he will be fine when everything is in the right place for him. (Quite apart from the wider discussion of the lack of preparation and the dominance of the short game)

There’s been a few occasions where he has dug out for the good of the team in test cricket.

But I think when you’re picking someone like Butler it’s for the team to be able to put their foot down and accelerate play. Coming in 180-5 when there’s 400 on the board would suggest to me he’s not the biggest problem.

Worksop Palace 19-12-2021 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 16159511)
Well seeing as you’ve done nothing but dug him out for the last 3 weeks you can probably forgive me for not realising it was meant to be a joke.

It would have helped if it it was funny as well.

:D

Calm down mate. It wasn’t meant to be an audition for the Fringe.

And yes I have dug him out. Because he’s absolutely shit.

Wolfnipplechips 19-12-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16159636)
:D

Calm down mate. It wasn’t meant to be an audition for the Fringe.

And yes I have dug him out. Because he’s absolutely shit.

Imagine being a middle manager in an insurance firm and utterly, utterly mediocre at pretty much everything else, spending day after day after day whinging about a Belgian footballer and a cricketer from Banstead who is playing for his country.

Honestly Workshop if they are absolutely shit what does that make you?

Worksop Palace 19-12-2021 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16159669)
Imagine being a middle manager in an insurance firm and utterly, utterly mediocre at pretty much everything else, spending day after day after day whinging about a Belgian footballer and a cricketer from Banstead who is playing for his country.

Honestly Workshop if they are absolutely shit what does that make you?

:D

Are you 12?

Seriously, don’t bring your pathetic obsession on to the cricket threads. It’s tedious enough when you spout your nonsense and lies on the politics and GCC threads. Don’t ruin these threads as well. No one cares.

Wolfnipplechips 19-12-2021 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16159677)
:D

Are you 12?

Seriously, don’t bring your pathetic obsession on to the cricket threads. It’s tedious enough when you spout your nonsense and lies on the politics and GCC threads. Don’t ruin these threads as well. No one cares.

Seems you do though.

What ‘appened to your self proclaimed “wonderful sense of humour”?


Don’t bother answering Captain. It’s a rhetorical question.

Worksop Palace 19-12-2021 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16159757)
Seems you do though.

What ‘appened to your self proclaimed “wonderful sense of humour”?


Don’t bother answering Captain. It’s a rhetorical question.

Go away. Stop ruining decent threads. You’re so dull and obvious.

Imagine coming on a cricket thread on a fans football forum and talking absolutely nonsense about someone you’ve never met and know nothing about.

It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad.

:D

PS Get your own material, if you can manage that :p

ebyeeckeagle 19-12-2021 03:20 PM

I mean this in the nicest way, but do **** off with this tedious shit you two.

Worksop Palace 19-12-2021 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle (Post 16159780)
I mean this in the nicest way, but do **** off with this tedious shit you two.

Totally agree mate.

I’ve asked him to do the same.

On the cricket thread ffs

Tedious is spot on.

I’ll ignore from now on.

ebyeeckeagle 19-12-2021 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 16159514)
There’s been a few occasions where he has dug out for the good of the team in test cricket.

But I think when you’re picking someone like Butler it’s for the team to be able to put their foot down and accelerate play. Coming in 180-5 when there’s 400 on the board would suggest to me he’s not the biggest problem.

Oh I certainly don't believe he is the biggest problem. But he is one of them. Whilst acceleration is needed at times in some games, very often the reality is that is not possible. That's when a different mindset is needed. In the short game, you just play the same way pretty much every time and essentially always look to be positive. That mindset has worked really well in the white ball squad. I just think some struggle to adjust maybe?

Generally I still think it was a big ask for these players with such lack of preparation. But that doesnt excuse some of the shocking decisions made.

hong_kong_hg 19-12-2021 03:30 PM

The Ashes series in one easy picture.

https://iili.io/7LMCYB.md.jpg

Worksop Palace 19-12-2021 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hong_kong_hg (Post 16159797)
The Ashes series in one easy picture.

https://iili.io/7LMCYB.md.jpg

:D

Sums it up beautifully

Aki Aki Aki 19-12-2021 04:07 PM

I see Sam Billings is in form playing in the Big Bash. Get Kent's finest in the team to keep and captain :p

eaglesheart 19-12-2021 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hong_kong_hg (Post 16159797)
The Ashes series in one easy picture.

https://iili.io/7LMCYB.md.jpg

We need a few players with some balls to stand up to the Aussies.

West Dorset Exi 19-12-2021 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 16159825)
I see Sam Billings is in form playing in the Big Bash. Get Kent's finest in the team to keep and captain :p

Totally agree with you.

spike 19-12-2021 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16159464)
I thought they dyed it, this is pure guess from me and I could be wrong

I found something on BBC from about 2010 that claimed that the dying process is the same for both, but that the white ball has a harder covering as it gets discoloured far more. I guess this is why ODIs used to recondition the balls after 35 overs.

Tomo 19-12-2021 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16159636)
:D

Calm down mate. It wasn’t meant to be an audition for the Fringe.

And yes I have dug him out. Because he’s absolutely shit.

Every time you get called out on your nonsense you turn it on the person who’s called you out.

You’ve spent 3 weeks calling him shit. He grafted hard this afternoon yet you can bring nothing to the conversation apart from digging him out, then trying to claim it was a joke.

Anyway. I’m not going to converse any further cos there’s enough threads with you being the centre of attention.

Tomo 19-12-2021 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle (Post 16159793)
Oh I certainly don't believe he is the biggest problem. But he is one of them. Whilst acceleration is needed at times in some games, very often the reality is that is not possible. That's when a different mindset is needed. In the short game, you just play the same way pretty much every time and essentially always look to be positive. That mindset has worked really well in the white ball squad. I just think some struggle to adjust maybe?

Generally I still think it was a big ask for these players with such lack of preparation. But that doesnt excuse some of the shocking decisions made.

It’s not just about accelerating but taking the game away. He’s been picked to do that job.
The problem is we never give him the opportunity to:

I think he’s shown he can do it, but his head is currently completely scrambled. While most of the squad haven’t played anywhere near enough cricket, he’s played far too much.

But I think Stokes and Root aside, none of our side have realised the importance of taking time to get settled and earn your runs.

None of the batsmen seem to have understood how to leave the ball in Australia yet, but that was only going to come from experience or playing out in the middle. It’s hardly a surprise the 3 best batsmen we’ve had out there have all played games in Aus.


There’s a few players tomorrow who are really going to have to show their mettle tomorrow: if you get a ball then there’s not much to be done, but australia need to be made to work for every wicket.

Bones14 19-12-2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16159444)
Aussie folks - why are there so few spectators there?

I genuinely don't know the answer tbh.
Perhaps Christmas shopping seeing as we haven't been out as much (lockdown)as you folk in the UK.
Maybe the contest isn't as close as people would like and would prefer to spend/save money for something else.
Really not sure Olympian, it could be a combination of a lot of things. It's been tough for everyone world wide both financially and mentally. Maybe they don't want to be in that close a proximity for fear of Covid. Dunno, but Adelaide are notoriously solid supporters of Test match cricket.

RazorsEdge 19-12-2021 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike (Post 16159902)
I found something on BBC from about 2010 that claimed that the dying process is the same for both, but that the white ball has a harder covering as it gets discoloured far more. I guess this is why ODIs used to recondition the balls after 35 overs.

I only say sue as many years ago I read about it and it was in back of my head.

Dlm 19-12-2021 08:33 PM

The spectators haven't come in numbers because we're facing a surge in covid cases and nobody wants to have to isolate for Christmas (7 days if vac, 14 if not)

Our summer holidays also falls around this time so everyone planning a holiday is not risking it. Other states require a negative result before you cross the state borders.

I think we'll find numbers increase after the boxing day test in Melbourne.

RazorsEdge 20-12-2021 06:24 AM

What is going on? No one watching this.

Well I must be only mug then haha

eaglesheart 20-12-2021 06:47 AM

What's the point of watching any more of this series ? It's groundhog day every test match.

Tomo 20-12-2021 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16160612)
What is going on? No one watching this.

Well I must be only mug then haha

I’m watching.

Didn’t bother to see the first session.

Jordan's Jacket 20-12-2021 07:07 AM

I'm a Kent fan and I find the idea of Billings playing test cricket an unpleasant one

Jordan's Jacket 20-12-2021 07:08 AM

Buttler certainly owes the team an innings

stevek 20-12-2021 07:22 AM

Obviously there's no way we'll save the test, but nice to see a bit of fight and improvement. Who knows, by the final test we might actually be competitive.

Tomo 20-12-2021 07:34 AM

Just as I allowed myself some hope :(

Aki Aki Aki 20-12-2021 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket (Post 16160626)
I'm a Kent fan and I find the idea of Billings playing test cricket an unpleasant one

No worse than what we currently have.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 20-12-2021 07:59 AM

If nothing else this innings shows that England can dig in if needed. Also a stat just put up is that Australia have one every D/N test in Adelaide.

Olympian2 20-12-2021 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 16160661)
If nothing else this innings shows that England can dig in if needed. Also a stat just put up is that Australia have one every D/N test in Adelaide.

Appreciate the sentiment but England needed to dig in during the last Test. They didn't.

ebyeeckeagle 20-12-2021 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket (Post 16160628)
Buttler certainly owes the team an innings

There a few that do tbh.

Worksop Palace 20-12-2021 08:07 AM

Says everything when 175-7 is seen as ‘digging in’

Olympian2 20-12-2021 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16160669)
Says everything when 175-7 is seen as ‘digging in’

Spoiler alert! I'm watching it live & we're 173-7....

art malice 20-12-2021 08:12 AM

So weird the ground’s virtually empty

Worksop Palace 20-12-2021 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16160671)
Spoiler alert! I'm watching it live & we're 173-7....

:D

I was just rounding up. Even England can get two more runs before they lose 3 more wickets……. Surely….

East-End Eagle 20-12-2021 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 16160672)
So weird the ground’s virtually empty

Day 5 crowds in Australia are never great.

crystaljim 20-12-2021 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by East-End Eagle (Post 16160674)
Day 5 crowds in Australia are never great.

It's also the Monday before Christmas. Holidays start for most people with kids Christmas eve.

crystaljim 20-12-2021 08:51 AM

If its any consolation, we don't have a good track record recently at bowling teams out on the 5th day.

Worksop Palace 20-12-2021 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16160698)
If its any consolation, we don't have a good track record recently at bowling teams out on the 5th day.

You won’t have much issue with that today :D

laboxers 20-12-2021 08:54 AM

Anyone know what time can they play until tonight?

Worksop Palace 20-12-2021 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laboxers (Post 16160703)
Anyone know what time can they play until tonight?

Not sure. But they are unlikely to need to claim the extra half hour

Tomo 20-12-2021 08:57 AM

Butlers earned the right to hit out and chase the win now.

davech 20-12-2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16160698)
If its any consolation, we don't have a good track record recently at bowling teams out on the 5th day.

:D. Thanks for the optimism Jim, but the fat lady is clearing her throat.....

Olympian2 20-12-2021 09:10 AM

Steve Finn : England have shown a lot of bottle. The batters have negotiated what's thrown at them, breaking it down into smaller bitesize pieces. Australia expected England to just roll over and they haven't. The dressing room language will always be about going out and breaking a record or doing something special.

We're 180 for ******* 8, not 220-1.........

Jordan's Jacket 20-12-2021 09:23 AM

He is desperately scratching around for positives where there are none.

Worksop Palace 20-12-2021 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16160722)
Steve Finn : England have shown a lot of bottle. The batters have negotiated what's thrown at them, breaking it down into smaller bitesize pieces. Australia expected England to just roll over and they haven't. The dressing room language will always be about going out and breaking a record or doing something special.

We're 180 for ******* 8, not 220-1.........

Absolutely.

Pathetic. What a low point we’ve reached when 180-8 is seen as a good performance.

Tragic

Prince Phillip 20-12-2021 09:24 AM

Today just makes it all the more frustrating and irritating. First or Second innings, two or three more partnerships of an hour or so and the draw was easily achievable. England just can't bat when the pressure's on. The problems are all between their ears.

davech 20-12-2021 09:25 AM

At least we finally seeing a test inninigs worthy of the situation from Buttler. Perhaps he can bat a bit.

stevek 20-12-2021 09:26 AM

What a way to get out.

Jordan's Jacket 20-12-2021 09:29 AM

Indeed, still not a test batsman and definitely not a wicket keeper

Tomo 20-12-2021 09:29 AM

Sums up our series.

Not even playing a shot, but setting off for a run.

Stockport_Eagle 20-12-2021 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16160739)
Today just makes it all the more frustrating and irritating. First or Second innings, two or three more partnerships of an hour or so and the draw was easily achievable. England just can't bat when the pressure's on. The problems are all between their ears.

Agree. And I think this is a general problem with a lot of English / British / UK sportspeople.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.