CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ashes 2021 - 4-0 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=285220)

0.bj 28-12-2021 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 16177660)
I'm English, obviously you have'nt picked up on that.

Whoops, my bad. Noted. :p

Wolfnipplechips 28-12-2021 01:02 AM

Who do we blame for this now Burns has already been dropped?

Wolfnipplechips 28-12-2021 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB2506 (Post 16177661)
Disgrace. But we’re just not good enough. We can talk about changes and this that and the other but we are quite literally shit at red ball cricket.

Too much time and money invested in white ball cricket has left us with shit. The Hundred, played in July and August just to get the kids and Mums involved. **** off! Absolute bollocks.

The 100 sums up absolutely everything wrong with English cricket.

art malice 28-12-2021 01:03 AM

‘It is what it is’ straight off the bat from Root

0.bj 28-12-2021 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB2506 (Post 16177661)
Disgrace. But we’re just not good enough. We can talk about changes and this that and the other but we are quite literally shit at red ball cricket.

Too much time and money invested in white ball cricket has left us with shit. The Hundred, played in July and August just to get the kids and Mums involved. **** off! Absolute bollocks.

They say that but it’s designed for banksters to swill away the night in the summer and buy £20 falafel burgers.

art malice 28-12-2021 01:05 AM

Opportunity

art malice 28-12-2021 01:06 AM

This test was an opportunity a couple of days ago

0.bj 28-12-2021 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 16177668)
‘It is what it is’ straight off the bat from Root

Will he dare say “you can’t legislate for [x]”?

Even Root would draw the line there. Wouldn’t he?

Nigel_Scarfer 28-12-2021 01:07 AM

Make the ****ers walk to Sydney. They've got a 2 and a half day start, so should be just about doable.

0.bj 28-12-2021 01:08 AM

How can Moeen sit there and not launch into a tirade? Fair play to him for keeping his counsel.

Nigel_Scarfer 28-12-2021 01:12 AM

It is what it is - **** off Root you soppy twat.

"The way we went about our cricket was excellent" has he been watching a different 2 day international to everyone else?

Supersonic 28-12-2021 01:14 AM

Root as captain is the equivalent of promoting the best salesman to sales manager. Just because they are good at one job doesn't mean that they're going to be good at the other, and just because Root is by far our best batsman doesn't mean he's any good as captain. That needs to immediately change, but who to give it to? Not Stokes, too injury prone, mental health issues, too inconsistent etc and i can't think of any other sensible options in the current setup barring a very short term fix of someone like Jimmy. Just give it to whoever the best captain is in county cricket and hope they can get a few runs. Far too important a role to not have someone that's good at it.

Wolfnipplechips 28-12-2021 01:15 AM

“Credit to the guys for fronting up”

“I actually thought that the way we went about our cricket on the field was excellent”

“We’ve just got to do things for longer”

“We have to look to keep getting better”

Brilliant Joe.

cockneyrebel 28-12-2021 01:16 AM

Lol an innings defeat. What a joke the ashes have become. Guess test cricket isn’t where it’s at for the U.K.

This must be boring for the Aussies even.

Wolfnipplechips 28-12-2021 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 16177677)
Root as captain is the equivalent of promoting the best salesman to sales manager. Just because they are good at one job doesn't mean that they're going to be good at the other, and just because Root is by far our best batsman doesn't mean he's any good as captain. That needs to immediately change, but who to give it to? Not Stokes, too injury prone, mental health issues, too inconsistent etc and i can't think of any other sensible options in the current setup barring a very short term fix of someone like Jimmy. Just give it to whoever the best captain is in county cricket and hope they can get a few runs. Far too important a role to not have someone that's good at it.

.

art malice 28-12-2021 01:18 AM

I cannot fault the execution of our software.

The way we went about our data was excellent.

RazorsEdge 28-12-2021 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 16177653)
I honestly don't know how you loose by an innings and a handful when the oppo only got 267.

Amazing, I blame the ball. It was fast and straight

RazorsEdge 28-12-2021 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 16177681)
I cannot fault the execution of our software.

The way we went about our data was excellent.

So much to learn so much data to analyse….

0.bj 28-12-2021 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16177678)
“Credit to the guys for fronting up”

“I actually thought that the way we went about our cricket on the field was excellent”

“We’ve just got to do things for longer”

“We have to look to keep getting better”

Brilliant Joe.

We go again

We’ll keep believing

Some other meaningless old bollocks he’s stolen off the Palace Twitter or Cheryl Cole’s Instagram page

Wolfnipplechips 28-12-2021 01:30 AM

Silverwood…

“We had a good honest chat.”

Ok mate. Nice one.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.