CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ashes 2021 - 4-0 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=285220)

crystaljim 28-12-2021 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrenalin john (Post 16177910)
True, you might as well play Oz womens team it will be more of a contest

Warney will accuse Starc of not trying when he bowls to his wife!

Ben H 28-12-2021 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16177943)
We can blame 100/t20/IPL etc but Australians play IPL/t20 and lots more and still manage to win ashes.



We have a army of analysts and still canít come up with a solution as to how to play modern day cricket



Good job we are not in the business of building an empire

The problems run deep and start at the top. ECB needs to stop chasing the money and start focusing on red ball cricket again. Begins with the format and calendar of county cricket.

Olympian2 28-12-2021 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben H (Post 16177970)
The problems run deep and start at the top. ECB needs to stop chasing the money and start focusing on red ball cricket again. Begins with the format and calendar of county cricket.

Indeed, and thatís a rebuild that would take a number of years. I just canít see it being a true priority while Harrison is in charge.

Wolfnipplechips 28-12-2021 09:00 AM

This article is spot on.

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-new...-rooted-issues

Baffled Bob 2 28-12-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben H (Post 16177970)
The problems run deep and start at the top. ECB needs to stop chasing the money and start focusing on red ball cricket again. Begins with the format and calendar of county cricket.

A bit. But this tour was always going to be a pandemic plod.

Precious little time to acclimatise and play some warm up games.

Pretty heroic that we even traveled out there.

Jordan's Jacket 28-12-2021 09:04 AM

It's almost as if England no longer cares about test cricket

Ben H 28-12-2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 (Post 16177990)
A bit. But this tour was always going to be a pandemic plod.



Precious little time to acclimatise and play some warm up games.



Pretty heroic that we even traveled out there.

True but the batting has been poor for years and largely carried by Root. The county championship isn't producing players of sufficient calibre...blame the ECB for that one too.

Baffled Bob 2 28-12-2021 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben H (Post 16177994)
True but the batting has been poor for years and largely carried by Root. The county championship isn't producing players of sufficient calibre...blame the ECB for that one too.

Yes. I'm not sure we realized what a treasure we had in Alastair Cook. Technique and patience. The dull things.

Jordan's Jacket 28-12-2021 09:10 AM

It's a problem right through cricket. County academies focus on hitting power and variety of shots tather than technique. They are preparing kids to play short forms of cricket

Wolfnipplechips 28-12-2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 (Post 16177990)
A bit. But this tour was always going to be a pandemic plod.

Precious little time to acclimatise and play some warm up games.

Pretty heroic that we even traveled out there.

Heroic?

Really.

Baffled Bob 2 28-12-2021 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16178005)
Heroic?

Really.

We got on a plane. In the current climate that's pretty heroic.

desperado 28-12-2021 09:16 AM

The thirteenth time in 2021 that England have failed to score 200 or more in a Test match innings, this time for a score any Test batsman should achieve on their own

Straya got a score just over 250 and won comfortably by an innings

The team should fly home immediately to save further embarrassment

Wolfnipplechips 28-12-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 (Post 16178010)
We got on a plane. In the current climate that's pretty heroic.

That’s a low bar you’re setting there Bob. Perhaps we need a bit more spunk.

Maiden Eagle 28-12-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16177943)
We can blame 100/t20/IPL etc but Australians play IPL/t20 and lots more and still manage to win ashes.

We have a army of analysts and still canít come up with a solution as to how to play modern day cricket

Good job we are not in the business of building an empire

It's when the County Championship is played - Freezing April, then May, maybe the odd game in the middle of the Summer, then September, when it's cooling down again - The pitches are not likely to be at their best on those months, either - Seaming wickets not encouraging quick or slow bowling and making difficult for batters to build an innings.

All so that T20 and this 100 nonsense, can rule the roost.

chav_hater 28-12-2021 09:51 AM

It isn’t just about the time of year red ball cricket is played. For years the quality of the CC has been going downhill. Reduce the number of counties so there is one division of teams playing each other once, say 14 teams and one relegation spot to Minor Counties. You’ll get better quality games and better quality players at the end of it.

crystaljim 28-12-2021 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 (Post 16178010)
We got on a plane. In the current climate that's pretty heroic.

So that makes me a hero too then,

I guess I should thank you, but your statement is too ludicrous for words.

0.bj 28-12-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket (Post 16178000)
County academies focus on what school you go to and who your Dad is than technique. They are preparing kids to make money on the after dinner circuit

EFA

0.bj 28-12-2021 10:28 AM

Whilst we’re on the subject of the spackers at the ECB, arrows to them for scheduling four consecutive series against the best bowling attacks in the world (by a long chalk): India, India, NZ and Australia.

There will obviously be a fallow year to come when we pump SL and WI in May and June and Crawley bangs another double hundred in sub zero Durham to partially pay back Daddy’s investment.

Aki Aki Aki 28-12-2021 10:35 AM

Agers spot on in his BBC summary

art malice 28-12-2021 10:42 AM

Silverwood: "We have to find a way of moving forward”


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.