CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Benzhiyi 16-01-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott

:D :o :D :o :lux: :lux:

jazman 16-01-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddiscombeEagle
Looks like Suggs is out of Sundays game.

Bad news that.

Madness ..... ;)

jazman 16-01-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Ravens 31st :eek:

Eagles a respectable 21st :p

How do you judge though what is respectable or not? It's tough, but one thing is for sure the Ravens have certainly proven more than one thing this season.

I know Cowboys are top of the list and that is thanks to the wealthy owner, but at least we were in with a shot of the play offs this season, the Raiders in 2nd were no where near. Or is this season considered to be a transition year so we should expect them to do something next season?

Strathclyde Eagle 16-01-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
:D :o :D :o :lux: :lux:

:D :o :D :o :lux: :lux:

Strathclyde Eagle 16-01-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
How do you judge though what is respectable or not? It's tough, but one thing is for sure the Ravens have certainly proven more than one thing this season.

Exactly. It isn't as if any NFL teams are making a loss (I'd imagine anyway).

What was bonkers was the Eagles repeatedly leaving eight figures of cap space when they lost three straight NFC Championship games and McNabb had no WR to throw to. Imagine if they'd stumbled into one of Arizona's WRs instead of Owens, that would be scary.

jazman 16-01-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Exactly. It isn't as if any NFL teams are making a loss (I'd imagine anyway).

What was bonkers was the Eagles repeatedly leaving eight figures of cap space when they lost three straight NFC Championship games and McNabb had no WR to throw to. Imagine if they'd stumbled into one of Arizona's WRs instead of Owens, that would be scary.

Am I on the right track assuming that if a franchise was losing money the league would look to make the franchise 'avialable'?

Good call about the Eagles. Something they appear to have struggled with and still do if I'm honest as a outsider looking in ...

ardeo 16-01-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
How do you judge though what is respectable or not? It's tough, but one thing is for sure the Ravens have certainly proven more than one thing this season.

I know Cowboys are top of the list and that is thanks to the wealthy owner, but at least we were in with a shot of the play offs this season, the Raiders in 2nd were no where near. Or is this season considered to be a transition year so we should expect them to do something next season?

Well pretty much in football the richest teams, i.e the ones who spend the most are at the top of Prem and Championship, so for Eagles to rank 21st and be one game from the superbowl is respectable for how much they've spent on salaries. Not saying its great and that the teams at the top should all be winning the playoffs, just a decent effort.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Exactly. It isn't as if any NFL teams are making a loss (I'd imagine anyway).

What was bonkers was the Eagles repeatedly leaving eight figures of cap space when they lost three straight NFC Championship games and McNabb had no WR to throw to. Imagine if they'd stumbled into one of Arizona's WRs instead of Owens, that would be scary.

Think Reid got scared off by the TO debarkle recently from getting a big name WR. McNabb and Westbrook seem to work well so that's our big partnership, and Jackson should be even better next year! We've definitely given up on going for the big plays like we were doing at the start of the season which in theory seems to be a good thing.

jazman 16-01-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Well pretty much in football the richest teams, i.e the ones who spend the most are at the top of Prem and Championship, so for Eagles to rank 21st and be one game from the superbowl is respectable for how much they've spent on salaries. Not saying its great and that the teams at the top should all be winning the playoffs, just a decent effort..

Yes, I agree with you. But NFL is far more interesting for me than football because you are more often than not get different teams challenging and getting to the Superbowl each season. Yes, Paul before you start bleating, the Pats have had it pretty good in the past five years or so but maybe now they are on a bit of a downward spiral and back to that transition period again. Somewhere where the Cowboys have been for a few years now ... :D

I missed the TO problems as that was during my 'break' from the NFL ... but my understanding is that he was/is a bit of a cock ;)

elliott 16-01-2009 01:49 PM

By the way guys, if the BBS goes down for a few hours or days, it'll probably be my bad...

My weapon of mass destruction should never be waved (particularly in public) or all hell will break loose. Fortunately I've manage to restrain myself recently and kept my little monster fully sheathed.

jazman 16-01-2009 01:52 PM

Got an email from NFLUK confirming that Club Wembley tickets are available. They are on Ticketmaster already. I assume that these are over inflated prices for not much extra?

pauldrulez 16-01-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
You misunderstand what I meant - it wasn't just a Cassel thing.

Imagine if two thirds of my responses to other people on this thread were "Well, that's a good achivement. Just not as good as when the Miami Dolphins/ Miami O/ Miami D/ Chad Pennington/ Tony Sparano did it."

That's willy waving. :)

I wouldn't mind...

:o

ardeo 16-01-2009 02:00 PM

Jazman - Well it pretty much ruined the next season for us as he blamed McNabb for us not winning the superbowl and McNabb retaliated by blaming him, it split the team and that combined with McNabb's injuries has kept us out of the NFC championship game sine then.

saxoneagle 16-01-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Madness ..... ;)

Groan... :D

Strathclyde Eagle 16-01-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Good call about the Eagles. Something they appear to have struggled with and still do if I'm honest as a outsider looking in ...

Nothing wrong with keeping some flexibility in terms of payroll and the cap (probably part of the reason why the Eagles have been consistently one of the better teams in the NFC over the past decade), something where the Pats excelled in terms of making tough decisions. However to leave themselves short where they had a clear need was largely criticised.

However, the NFL has led the way in showing how to provide equal opportunity of success to its participants.

Can't find anything in regard to individual team profit levels as yet. :(

Strathclyde Eagle 16-01-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Jazman - Well it pretty much ruined the next season for us as he blamed McNabb for us not winning the superbowl and McNabb retaliated by blaming him, it split the team and that combined with McNabb's injuries has kept us out of the NFC championship game sine then.

How did it split the team? Just about everyone saw that TO was to blame, and there wasn't much complaint when he was finally suspended by the team (which I'm pretty sure was Reid's call). He's come full circle in Dallas, the idiot can't help himself.

jazman 16-01-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Jazman - Well it pretty much ruined the next season for us as he blamed McNabb for us not winning the superbowl and McNabb retaliated by blaming him, it split the team and that combined with McNabb's injuries has kept us out of the NFC championship game sine then.

Why does that not suprise me? I really wouldn't be suprised if he did not return to Dallas ... but do they have the guts to do it is the question ...

jazman 16-01-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
However, the NFL has led the way in showing how to provide equal opportunity of success to its participants

That is the attraction for sure

jazman 16-01-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Groan... :D

What the hell are you doing there? :o

Strathclyde Eagle 16-01-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Why does that not suprise me? I really wouldn't be suprised if he did not return to Dallas ... but do they have the guts to do it is the question ...

The article Paul posted the other day seemed to suggest that Jerry Jones seems to like the challenge of policing all the egos there. :eek:

jazman 16-01-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
The article Paul posted the other day seemed to suggest that Jerry Jones seems to like the challenge of policing all the egos there. :eek:

Yes, this season's project was Pacman. And look how that turned out?

AddiscombeEagle 16-01-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Good.

Thug.

That he may be, but he will still be a big loss.

Benzhiyi 16-01-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddiscombeEagle
That he may be, but he will still be a big loss.

I like what the Ravens are doing and think he's a great player, but an underhand thug at the same time. Was great seeing Jake Long fearlessly wade in on him when he tried to take liberties with a prone Ronnie Brown. (Fnar fnar.) Getting crocked last week was his comeuppance.

Strathclyde Eagle 16-01-2009 03:27 PM

And he was the same guy who said about there being a bounty on Hines Ward. Oh, the irony.

pauldrulez 16-01-2009 03:32 PM

I'd like to point out Joey Porter for off-field stuff.

And Vince Wilfork for on-field stuff.

Both thugs. Although the way his health seems to be and the health problems within his family, I worry for Wilfork.

Although not on the level of Suggs, there are a lot of thugs on the defensive side of the ball and you have to play mean to play the game nowadays.

saxoneagle 16-01-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
And he was the same guy who said about there being a bounty on Hines Ward. Oh, the irony.

He was talking about a coconut chocolatey bar.

jj62255 16-01-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Good.

Thug.

My sentiments exactly, serves the twat. I couldn't believe what they were doing to Chris Johnson last week when he was on the ground, they were deliberately trying to injure him, dirty scum :veryangry

jlmatthews 16-01-2009 04:21 PM

Cant wait for Ravens Steelers.

AddiscombeEagle 16-01-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj62255
My sentiments exactly, serves the twat. I couldn't believe what they were doing to Chris Johnson last week when he was on the ground, they were deliberately trying to injure him, dirty scum :veryangry

Yeah, they had him virtually folded in two at one stage.

Him getting injured did probably make all the difference in the end mind, happens in every sport though, if a players better than you, what’s the great leveller?

Not saying it’s right but when stakes are high………

Bellyman 16-01-2009 04:46 PM

Right does anyone know if there is a place in essex that will show the Super Bowl?

Benzhiyi 16-01-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj62255
My sentiments exactly, serves the twat. I couldn't believe what they were doing to Chris Johnson last week when he was on the ground, they were deliberately trying to injure him, dirty scum :veryangry

Yep, I knew he'd done something in last week's game to make me think even less of him, but couldn't remember the specific example. It was exactly that - basically trying to brake Johnson's back by bending his body in a different direction when a play was over. Just despicable.

nookiebear 16-01-2009 06:48 PM

3 Jason Taylor $8,305,760 :sob: (and two draft picks) :sob:
55 Chris Horton $331,516

If those numbers aren't an advert for the draft over free agency I don't know what is.

Skins could learn a lot from the likes of the Ravens and Patriots, when it comes to salaries

Benzhiyi 16-01-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nookiebear
3 Jason Taylor $8,305,760 :sob: (and two draft picks) :sob:

:lux: :lux: :lux: :lux:

Thanks, honey. :love:

Strathclyde Eagle 16-01-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nookiebear
3 Jason Taylor $8,305,760 :sob: (and two draft picks) :sob:

And here's what it gets you:

http://bleacherreport.com/images_roo...bc_feature.jpg

And he wondered why Parcells wouldn't speak to him. Frankly it is amazing we got anything for him. Thank you, Mr Snyder.

P.S. I still love him for the things he did as a Fin, especially the Monday night upset against the Pats. Darned if I can find a non-Getty photo of it though. :(

pauldrulez 16-01-2009 10:07 PM

Congratulations to Miami on that deal :eek:

I still like my comparison of the Cowboys front office (Jerry Jones basically) and the combined prowess of Belioli.

Roy Williams. 1st, 3rd and 6th.

2008 statistics with Cowboys. 10 GAMES. 19 receptions, 198 yards and a TD

Wes Welker and Randy Moss. 2nd, 4th and 7th.

2007 statistics with the Patriots. 16 GAMES. 220 receptions, 2668 yards, 31 TDs.

What a deal for the Cowboys.

Who is better of the Roy Williams. The hated Safety by every Cowboy fan I have asked, or the Wide Receiver averaging under 2 receptions a game?

Strathclyde Eagle 16-01-2009 10:42 PM

I can think of plenty of ways to describe that Detroit-Dallas trade, only none that I'll look back on without regret in about a week's time. Let's just say it was the highlight of the Lions season, and a possible building block towards 2-14 next year. Good luck with that, Jim Schwartz.

Hang on, you compared that with the Patriots! I didn't see that coming. ;)

BTW, I haven't seen this yet (I keep the volume off on my laptop) but here's Pacman's interview from last week where he talks about his love of "scrip clubs".

pauldrulez 16-01-2009 10:48 PM

I couldn't think of a better or closer trade to go with.

Looking forward to Sunday.

I'm having the underdogs in both.

One thing that I noticed in the Giants-Eagles match was Asante jumping the route for an interception and getting it wrong.

A receiver other than Steve Smith (the worse one) would have caught that and been gone down the field for a TD.

So against Boldin, Fitz and Breaston. He has to be careful.

Zona have to watch Westbrook obviously, but Dansby must get to McNabb a lot of the time.

I like the matchup of Jackson and Rodgers-Cromartie if they line up together as that will be interesting with both being quick, both rookies and both have had decent seasons.

elliott 16-01-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I couldn't think of a better or closer trade to go with.

:rolleyes:

saxoneagle 16-01-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Congratulations to Miami on that deal :eek:

I still like my comparison of the Cowboys front office (Jerry Jones basically) and the combined prowess of Belioli.

Roy Williams. 1st, 3rd and 6th.

2008 statistics with Cowboys. 10 GAMES. 19 receptions, 198 yards and a TD

Wes Welker and Randy Moss. 2nd, 4th and 7th.

2007 statistics with the Patriots. 16 GAMES. 220 receptions, 2668 yards, 31 TDs.

What a deal for the Cowboys.

Who is better of the Roy Williams. The hated Safety by every Cowboy fan I have asked, or the Wide Receiver averaging under 2 receptions a game?

Wow, more willy waving.

jazman 16-01-2009 11:34 PM

Start to turn into a bit of a cock fest in here .. ;)

I have made my feelings known on here already about the trade for Roy Williams. Most sensible people on here know it was a desperate move that really was not needed, and smacks of complete stupidity. There is no comparison to make.

pauldrulez 16-01-2009 11:42 PM

I struggle to see why he was needed.

TO has to have 20 passes thrown at him again.

Witten, Barber and Crayton/Austin make do with everything else.

Unless, TO is off as reported on that story above.

And to suit you all, I wont mention the Patriots unless it is relevant news or something that proves me right... ;)

I like how no-one picked up on my mini preview for the NFC game on Sunday.

Onto the AFC, I think I said my thoughts on how it will be won already. Steelers must stop the run.
Ravens must stop the run which they do anyway.

Both teams need pressure on the QB. I wont be shocked to see Ray Lewis flattening Roethlisberger, possibly drawing a flag. If they hit Roethlisberger multiple times, they win.

If either team establishes the run, the Play Action passes wins this game.

My flag is on the Ravens side of the game for the win.

And a Cardinals-Ravens Superbowl beckons.

jazman 16-01-2009 11:46 PM

He was not needed Paul, end of.

saxoneagle 16-01-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Start to turn into a bit of a cock fest in here .. ;)

Only one cock in here, jaz. :p

pauldrulez 16-01-2009 11:52 PM

You are all women then :hi:

Dont make me bore you with the ins and outs of Bubba Ventrone.

jazman 16-01-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Only one cock in here, jaz. :p

I know there are a few teams in the NFL with birds on their logo but I cannot recall a cock being one of them ... ;)

pauldrulez 17-01-2009 12:17 AM

Gruden out in Tampa Bay as well as their GM.

jj62255 17-01-2009 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Gruden out in Tampa Bay as well as their GM.

Wow, didn't see that one coming, guess he won't have trouble finding a new job though

Strathclyde Eagle 17-01-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Gruden out in Tampa Bay as well as their GM.

Must admit I didn't see that coming. Thought he was close to untouchable there, although he did deserve criticism for the way he handled QBs and also the way the Buccs folded down the stretch (losing at home to the Raiders, really?).

BTW I'll be different and say that someone like Williams was needed in Big D. Lots of writers said that the Cowboys could use another good receiver to take DBs away from TO. My problem is with the price they paid to get him (the issue of Williams' performances post-trade being another matter that no-one really saw coming).

Strathclyde Eagle 17-01-2009 10:34 AM

The Buccs supposedly have guys lined up to do the jobs already. :eek:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcsouth/...n-to-Bucs.html

pauldrulez 17-01-2009 10:59 AM

The Glazers kept that quiet.

Wonder what the Bucs fans think of it?

The Broncos fans were upset that McDaniels didn't tell them anything in their first press conference.

The Indy fans are seemingly happy with Dungy's replacement.

The Browns fans are mixed on Mangenius's appointment.

jazman 17-01-2009 01:02 PM

Gruden out? I am very suprised by that and he is one coach that I have a lot of time for after watching one of the America's Game programmes.

Hear a lot of chat last night about TO and the Cowboys. The big question is will Jerry Jones get rid of him amongst the rumours? You have to remember that this is the very same guy who gave him a new contract last season ... so I can't see it personally. TO managed 10 TDs this season and he is the kind of talent that you need in a team together with a very good QB and RB. The RB department we are fine, but the QB still has something to prove in my mind.

But will he or won't he .. will be interesting to hear any developments.

saxoneagle 17-01-2009 05:37 PM

I think Gruden screwing the QBs around was the first nail in his coffin, even if it did come early in the season and he only missed the play-offs by half a game. Garcia is the #1 there, no-one comes close on the roster so why try to play clever games?

The final one was definitely choking in the run-in.

jlmatthews 17-01-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez

The Browns fans are mixed on Mangenius's appointment.

Not pleased with it in my corner of Ohio.

saxoneagle 17-01-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlmatthews
Not pleased with it in my corner of Ohio.


Yep, I've not anything much positive said about the appointment other than in Cincy and the green half of NY!

jazman 18-01-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
BTW I'll be different and say that someone like Williams was needed in Big D. Lots of writers said that the Cowboys could use another good receiver to take DBs away from TO. My problem is with the price they paid to get him (the issue of Williams' performances post-trade being another matter that no-one really saw coming).

Fair point well made fella. I think you have hit the nail on the head by the fact that Williams performances since he arrived in Dallas were likened to the invisible man ... if that wasn't the case I'm sure it wouldn't be spoken about quite so much.

pauldrulez 18-01-2009 12:39 PM

I think in Dallas's case, its a bit cliquey.

Romo and Witten are best buddies so the ball always seems to be going to Witten. But, Witten rarely drops the ball. One of the top Tight-ends in the game.

Whereas you have TO. I think he is Jerry Jones's guy right now. If the ball is thrown to TO, it'll either be a Touchdown or a spectacular catch. He is without doubt, a game changer. But, he drops the simplest of balls at times.

If the ball has to be thrown at Owens, and Romo then looks for Witten. There isn't the ball to go around that allows the ball to be thrown deep for Williams or even just for a first down. You then have Crayton and Austin picking up the odd reception as well as Marion Barber/Choice as well as Felix Jones. Its going to be interesting at Dallas to see how it is all going to work out.

nookiebear 18-01-2009 01:24 PM

Crikey, I'd forgotten Williams was there

He's actually the kind of wide receiver needed in Washington

Benzhiyi 18-01-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I think in Dallas's case, its a bit cliquey.

Romo and Witten are best buddies so the ball always seems to be going to Witten. But, Witten rarely drops the ball. One of the top Tight-ends in the game.

Whereas you have TO. I think he is Jerry Jones's guy right now. If the ball is thrown to TO, it'll either be a Touchdown or a spectacular catch. He is without doubt, a game changer. But, he drops the simplest of balls at times.

If the ball has to be thrown at Owens, and Romo then looks for Witten. There isn't the ball to go around that allows the ball to be thrown deep for Williams or even just for a first down. You then have Crayton and Austin picking up the odd reception as well as Marion Barber/Choice as well as Felix Jones. Its going to be interesting at Dallas to see how it is all going to work out.

Do you know what 'checking down' is, Paul?

Most defenses make Owens their priority, hence Romo often doing the sensible think and checking down. First to Witten, then Crayton, then the running back. (Williams has been so ineffective he hardly figures.)

Also, WItten is probably the best tight in the game at getting open. If he is, and that gets you the first down, why wouldn't you throw it to him?

As for your claim that 'If the ball is thrown to TO, it'll either be a Touchdown or a spectacular catch', rubbish. He led the league in drops last year and had a fair few this. If it was that simple they'd throw to him every play and be 16-0.

pauldrulez 18-01-2009 01:41 PM

Thats what I meant.

He is a game changer, but he makes the stupidest mistakes. Dropping the ball frequently.

I did put he drops the ball when it should be the simplest of catches.

And yes I know what checking down is. When they are using Owens and Witten, what was the need to blow so much money and picks on Williams? Unless he is being prepared for Owens' eventual retirement, t

130/276 for Owens and Witten

Witten 74
Owens 56

So, 47% of Romo's go to Owens and Witten.

When Johnson and Bollinger were QB for 3 games, Owens had 13 receptions and Witten 7(although his back was in trouble at the time) out of the 80+ throws they made.

I'm going to find out how many drops each Receiver had.

pauldrulez 18-01-2009 01:50 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Stats after the first 4 games of the season I think.

I'm digging deeper though.

Determined to find out some comparisons between the great receivers and the improved ones.

jazman 18-01-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Do you know what 'checking down' is, Paul?

Most defenses make Owens their priority, hence Romo often doing the sensible think and checking down. First to Witten, then Crayton, then the running back. (Williams has been so ineffective he hardly figures.)

Also, WItten is probably the best tight in the game at getting open. If he is, and that gets you the first down, why wouldn't you throw it to him?

As for your claim that 'If the ball is thrown to TO, it'll either be a Touchdown or a spectacular catch', rubbish. He led the league in drops last year and had a fair few this. If it was that simple they'd throw to him every play and be 16-0.


Agree and to some of Paul's post. But TO has been quite ineffective this season, but this has got a lot to do with the coverage that TO has got this season which is probably why Romo has had to look elsewhere. Witten is a great tight end, arguably the best this season. Equally, Crayton, Austin, Felix Jones and Marion Barber are options which is why it is madness how our season ended. In saying that Felix Jones injury was such a shame as he showed so much promise and the fact that Barber struggled late on but that has shown us a new gem in Choice. A magnitude of riches in Dallas to start a new era next season with or without TO. And Williams will have to step up to the plate for sure. Will be interesting and I'm hopeful that we SHOULD be there or there abouts at the end of the regular season.

pauldrulez 18-01-2009 04:49 PM

I think the Cowboys have 3 high-class backs on their hands. I loved Felix Jones earlier in the year (even contemplated the shirt as Jaz will remember), and Choice proved to be a great back-up for Barber as the season wound down.

All very good options in the Passing game as well as when they are rushing.

If Dallas went into next year with Williams, Crayton, Austin and a 2nd rounder rookie as their wide receivers, I think they would be fine on that front with Witten and their committee of Running Backs.

jlmatthews 18-01-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nookiebear
Crikey, I'd forgotten Williams was there

He's actually the kind of wide receiver needed in Washington

A whiney little baby that drops a lot of balls?

sLlll 18-01-2009 09:15 PM

Arizona and the Cleveland Browns tonight please ;).

jlmatthews 18-01-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sLlll
Arizona and the Cleveland Browns tonight please ;).

That brought a little grin to my face :p

If my balls had been a little bigger I would have bet on both underdogs today. That said, I could only pull the trigger on Cleveland Browns +6 :D

pauldrulez 18-01-2009 09:46 PM

I want to see Cardinals-Ravens.

I think that we will be seeing Cardinals-Ravens.

I have no fascination in watching the Eagles. They bore me for some reason. I don't know why, but they dont interest me.

Whereas I like watching the other 3 teams, especially the Cards and Ravens.

sLlll 18-01-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I want to see Cardinals-Ravens.

I think that we will be seeing Cardinals-Ravens.

I have no fascination in watching the Eagles. They bore me for some reason. I don't know why, but they dont interest me.

Whereas I like watching the other 3 teams, especially the Cards and Ravens.

It's difficult not to like you. ;)

The pigeons bore me to death.

I think it'll actually be the Cardinals - Steelers. Can't have a 6 time SB champion!

14-3 up. Things going to plan. :p

pauldrulez 18-01-2009 09:51 PM

:D

Now that my friends, was a Superbowl winning play.

I :love: Larry

sLlll 18-01-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlmatthews
That brought a little grin to my face :p

If my balls had been a little bigger I would have bet on both underdogs today. That said, I could only pull the trigger on Cleveland Browns +6 :D

I didn't realise the Cardinals were the underdog. I'm not a betting man, except when it come down to Clowntown's relegation. :p :o

jazman 18-01-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I think the Cowboys have 3 high-class backs on their hands. I loved Felix Jones earlier in the year (even contemplated the shirt as Jaz will remember), and Choice proved to be a great back-up for Barber as the season wound down.

All very good options in the Passing game as well as when they are rushing.

If Dallas went into next year with Williams, Crayton, Austin and a 2nd rounder rookie as their wide receivers, I think they would be fine on that front with Witten and their committee of Running Backs.

You know what Paul, that is the first post that I can remember ever agreeing whole heartedly with. Whether that happens though remains to be seen. And yes, I do recall you contemplating purchasing a Felix Jones shirt.

sLlll 18-01-2009 10:08 PM

Good evening Jazman. Who do you want to win?

pauldrulez 18-01-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
You know what Paul, that is the first post that I can remember ever agreeing whole heartedly with. Whether that happens though remains to be seen. And yes, I do recall you contemplating purchasing a Felix Jones shirt.

1800 posts in.

You agree with one of them.

0.0018% rate.

Excellent ;)

jj62255 18-01-2009 10:40 PM

Wow, the Eagles are getting absolutely murdered by Warner and Fitzgerald, thats one scary offense :eek:

Strathclyde Eagle 18-01-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Agree and to some of Paul's post. But TO has been quite ineffective this season, but this has got a lot to do with the coverage that TO has got this season which is probably why Romo has had to look elsewhere. Witten is a great tight end, arguably the best this season.

I know it would never happen, but I'd love it if Romo came out and said, "The reason I throw to Witten is that he just shuts up, catches the ball, is a team player and does his job." Which, ultimately is the fact of the matter.

Fitzgerald just looks unstoppable.

Nice clock management from Reid as usual. "We've got 3rd and 14, nearly two full minutes left in the half, let's take a time out." :clown:

pauldrulez 18-01-2009 10:53 PM

The worst part is that the Eagles have yet to see Boldin or Breaston in their key roles yet lol.

Dan Klecko = Legend. But unlucky.

pauldrulez 18-01-2009 10:57 PM

Thanks to those that gave me reputation for my Cowboys posts.

I'm not that knowledgeable, I just had to find out as much as possible earlier in the season so that I didn't have to eat my words (and my shirt) :D

Another Zona turnover.

At least I can support someone in 2 weeks.

Strathclyde Eagle 18-01-2009 11:24 PM

Here's a thought. If everyone's favourite (cough) Mr Favre decides to retire after the Pro Bowl, at least he'll do it in a classy jersey.

http://www.nflshop.com/graphics/prod...p5604675dt.jpg

Excuse me, I think I coughed so hard I cracked a rib.

Strathclyde Eagle 18-01-2009 11:29 PM

TD Eagles.

This game is far from over. 24-19 with the XP to come.

Strathclyde Eagle 18-01-2009 11:30 PM

Missed the PAT. :clown:

jj62255 18-01-2009 11:36 PM

Game on again, amazing how fast the momentum can turn, should be a good 4th quarter, although that miss could prove fatal

pauldrulez 18-01-2009 11:36 PM

What happened to his injury? :rolleyes:

Excuses, excuses.

And that is one hideous jersey.

I got it wrong a few weeks back, but surely the charts said go for 2?

jj62255 19-01-2009 12:21 AM

Wow, congrats to the Cardinals, who'd have thought that before the season :eek: :eek:

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 19-01-2009 12:27 AM

Gutted :sob: .....................Still well done to the Cards, I hope they now go on and win it.

sLlll 19-01-2009 12:27 AM

Philadelphia fans must be sick. Never mind, waste of another season I would say :D. Probably better not to make the Championship game if you are going to turn out as the losers :D.

Excellent Arizona. Had me worried a bit.

Come on the Pigeons!!

pauldrulez 19-01-2009 12:29 AM

Wooooo Zona :lux:

pauldrulez 19-01-2009 12:29 AM

I never thought i'd say this, but the Play-offs are a hell of a lot of fun.

Come on the Ravens

jj62255 19-01-2009 12:30 AM

And now for some old fashioned smashmouth football, nervous as hell right now, this is gonna get violent

Grim Reaper 19-01-2009 12:30 AM

Wow, the Cardinals makes it to the Big Show.

I remember when they won that classic v DAllas in autumn with the crazy punt block in OT, their home radio announcer made the comment about that playing that 'special things happen in special seasons' and ever since then I've kept an eye on the Cards thinking good things might be around the corner for them. I stumbled on Seattle in 2005 and adopted them for the season and it feels like that. That run ended with a loss to Pittsburgh in the SB.....something that could happen once again of course.

Were always a favourite of mine simply because I usually backed against them c2005 (!!!) and won money (see Betting Thread) but they've produced a minor miracle.

Gotta love Fitzgerald - the guy is class. What I'd do for the Jets or Giants to have a WR (who doesn't shoot themselves!) of that class!!

pauldrulez 19-01-2009 12:34 AM

Announcer (to the crowd): Do you want Kurt Warner back this year?

Crowd: Yes

Matt Leinart: NOOOOO

:D

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 19-01-2009 12:35 AM

What a crap weekend (Eagles & Eagles)...............Still we knocked out the Cowgirls and Giants (this post season was a bonus bearing in mind how we got in and the unbalanced way the team on offensive played this year - oh for a power running game and a go to receiver, plus better play calling from Andy Reid :grrr: )and of course the Phillies are world champs............ So go Flyers and Sixers!!!

And :clown:town Pathetic are bottom of the league!!!;)

ardeo 19-01-2009 12:36 AM

My feelings during that game as summed up by emoticons (only 15 allowed):

:( :) :( :( :grrr: :( :) :D :D :( :sob: :sob: :sob: :grrr: :sob:

Eagles suck this weekend - I blame it on palace losing against Ipswich personally

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 19-01-2009 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sLlll
Philadelphia fans must be sick. Never mind, waste of another season I would say :D. Probably better not to make the Championship game if you are going to turn out as the losers :D.

Excellent Arizona. Had me worried a bit.

Come on the Pigeons!!

44-6 You Cowgirl loser :veryangry

ardeo 19-01-2009 12:40 AM

Guess we did well to make it to the Championship game, but the problem remains, how are we going to make it to another superbowl and even win one. Guess recent history suggests a big name wide receiver. Although Jackson and Celek next season should provide good enough targets.

On the day Arizona and in particular Warner and Fitzpatrick were just to hot to handle, and an 18 point lead away from home should really be insummountable. :sob: :sob: :sob:

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 19-01-2009 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Guess we did well to make it to the Championship game, but the problem remains, how are we going to make it to another superbowl and even win one. Guess recent history suggests a big name wide receiver. Although Jackson and Celek next season should provide good enough targets.

On the day Arizona and in particular Warner and Fitzpatrick were just to hot to handle, and an 18 point lead away from home should really be insummountable. :sob: :sob: :sob:


Don't worry mate, just remember at least you are not a glory hunting Cowgirl or Cow PATS fan! :p

BTW Sorry Dave, but go the Browns, whoops Ravens! Stuff them Trailer trash from West Penn!!!!!

ardeo 19-01-2009 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Don't worry mate, just remember at least you are not a glory hunting Cowgirl or Cow PATS fan! :p

BTW Sorry Dave, but go the Browns, whoops Ravens! Stuff them Trailer trash from West Penn!!!!!

Yes I do enjoy supporting the perennial 2nd bridesmaid (i guess that is what we are).

Ravens FTW :p

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 19-01-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Yes I do enjoy supporting the perennial 2nd bridesmaid (i guess that is what we are).

Ravens FTW :p

:p

pauldrulez 19-01-2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Guess we did well to make it to the Championship game, but the problem remains, how are we going to make it to another superbowl and even win one. Guess recent history suggests a big name wide receiver. Although Jackson and Celek next season should provide good enough targets.

On the day Arizona and in particular Warner and Fitzpatrick were just to hot to handle, and an 18 point lead away from home should really be insummountable. :sob: :sob: :sob:

Fitzgerald ;)

ardeo 19-01-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Fitzgerald ;)

Whatever, either way he doesn't look Irish ;)

pauldrulez 19-01-2009 01:17 AM

Well he has dreadlocks.

(That makes no sense at all :D)

sLlll 19-01-2009 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
44-6 You Cowgirl loser :veryangry

What's that Philafaggot :D. You did us a favour so we wouldn't be crying our eyes out today. Arizona did a great job on you. :lux:

:p:vader::p

pauldrulez 19-01-2009 01:27 AM

I sense tension in the air.

And I didn't cause it :lux:

GO CARDS! :lux:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.