CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Spindle 29-10-2020 01:05 PM

The great days of Phil Simms and Lawrence Taylor

The Traitors Patriots and Bills are in Palace colours for sure, and having just come back into watching a bit more of this I just discovered that the Ravens are actually the Browns!

I think any support I have is going to have to come naturally, I should hit the reset button and see if I remain drawn to the Raiders or develop some support for another team or many teams.

Last year I watched a lot of the Last Chance U and QB1 series on Netflix, really enjoyed those.

Latvian Eagle 29-10-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 15477663)
I just discovered that the Ravens are actually the Browns!

Yes and no really. The bloke who bought the Cleveland Browns place in the NFL effectively had to set up a new Franchise, the Ravens as part of the agreement of him buying the Franchise was that the Brown's name, image and history was left with the City of Cleveland.

Sort of similar to how everyone knows MK Dons bought Wimbledon FCs place in the League, but they wear different colours, and don't have the old WFC history.

Spindle 29-10-2020 01:36 PM

Yes but that was because of legal action and he took the players. I guess the Titans learned from this and stopped any chance of the Oilers reforming, the bastards. BLM would've been upset what with Warren Moon being the first black QB :D

Latvian Eagle 29-10-2020 01:51 PM

The Oilers name is so much better. I really hate the name Titans and I hate the way they bastardised the lovely pale blue too.

Spindle 29-10-2020 02:50 PM

It's a complete toss away of tradition. I guess they had to change name because there's no oil in Tennessee...

Oilers would eventually become politically incorrect in a post apocalyptical climate devastated world.

Latvian Eagle 29-10-2020 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 15477852)
It's a complete toss away of tradition. I guess they had to change name because there's no oil in Tennessee...

Oilers would eventually become politically incorrect in a post apocalyptical climate devastated world.

Are there Titans in Tennessee?

CT_Palace 29-10-2020 03:15 PM

9ers because the first game I ever saw back in the 80's on Channel 4 was the 9ers v Cowboys. I picked the 9ers for no particular reason. Then in the mid-90's I lived in SFO for a few years and that cemented my support (rather than "follow").

Latvian Eagle 29-10-2020 03:22 PM

I have to admit I have been tempted to get a Seahawks Jersey down the years. Really want to get one of the fluo green ones.

Never really got why the Seahawks have a White Uniform and then a Grey one that looks almost identical mind you.

Vicmo 29-10-2020 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSEagle (Post 15477609)
I tend to have a bunch of teams I like (normally because of their style of play, I love a mobile QB) such as the Bills, Ravens, Panthers and Eagles and a few that I actively dislike, tbf it's mainly just the Pats and I generally have in my head a sort of league table of where various teams sit in between these extremes. Then I just find that in most games there will be a team that I want to win so I root for them. That's the way I follow most US sports (except Hockey where its Canucks or bust).

I tend to see the franchise system as being about representing a city / area in the present day rather than worrying about the history of each entity, which is a bit different from the European model.

I've developed an irrational hatred of the Seahawks for some reason to the extent that I was in a bar in Seattle cheering when the Cardinals (and little Kyler Murray) beat them down the road. I hate their kit as well. Prefer the traditional looking ones like the Colts.

Latvian Eagle 29-10-2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicmo (Post 15477933)
I've developed an irrational hatred of the Seahawks for some reason to the extent that I was in a bar in Seattle cheering when the Cardinals (and little Kyler Murray) beat them down the road. I hate their kit as well. Prefer the traditional looking ones like the Colts.

I preferred their ones when I first got into NFL which were Seahawk Blue, the new ones look a bit overly futuristic. But then Charlton Athletic then started having a kit a few seasons ago which was Seahawk blue which kind of ruined that. :hmph:

CT_Palace 29-10-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

No Vicmo, not irrational at all. :p

GB2506 29-10-2020 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15475786)
Agree - tried the trade approach and busted a 2nd round on Sanu who now isnt even in the league. Arguably the best 2 players that the Pats have drafted in Rd's 1 and 2 in recent years are neither on their roster, Jimmy G and Chandler Jones

Hightower would have been had he not opted out and I think Wynn is going to be a success after an injury plagued first couple of seasons. We certainly haven't hit on higher round draft picks though over the last few years. Probably why BB likes to trade down.

GB2506 29-10-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 15475830)
I used to watch american football a lot in the 80's, and then I didn't but I love the actual sport itself. Do you guys actually support teams or just watch it like noone the neutral? I only ask cos the first game I ever saw was Raiders at Cowboys in about 1982, and I just liked the black and silver of the Raiders strip so started following them. Golf Boy, at the time, 'picked' the Redskins (closet racist :D) I'd like to find the time to start watching again, it's a fantastic sport, but does this mean I should root root root for the Raiders?

First game my Dad let me stay up for was 2001 Super Bowl, Rams v Patriots. Was like Man City vs Palace, greatest show on turf vs rookie QB. My dad said if I wanted to stay up I had to pick a team to support, rest is history. Have managed to get out to Foxborough for a game and also went to Miami last September to see them in Antonio Brown's one and only game for the Patriots.

Vicmo 29-10-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15477946)
No Vicmo, not irrational at all. :p

The thing is, Russell Wilson is incredible as is D.K. Metcalf (what a play the other day) but they can't overcome the hatred. Maybe it's because I didn't like Seattle. The post above is right as well. Kit too fussy.

Spindle 29-10-2020 07:51 PM

Quote:

Presumably the Baltimore Colts then :D

Spindle 29-10-2020 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB2506 (Post 15478014)
First game my Dad let me stay up for was 2001 Super Bowl, Rams v Patriots. Was like Man City vs Palace, greatest show on turf vs rookie QB. My dad said if I wanted to stay up I had to pick a team to support, rest is history. Have managed to get out to Foxborough for a game and also went to Miami last September to see them in Antonio Brown's one and only game for the Patriots.

The Rams were Palace surely? That's a Brady Patriot team....:confused:

GB2506 29-10-2020 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 15478268)
The Rams were Palace surely? That's a Brady Patriot team....:confused:

In his rookie season after taking over from a legend in Bledsoe after he won’t down injured. The Rams had everything, MVP QB in Kurt Warner, the previous years MVP in Marshall Faulk, Isaac Bruce, Tory Holt, it was supposed to be a non contest.

Funk Butter 30-10-2020 04:23 AM

Falcons win probability just went over 98%, quickly get your bets down on the Panthers.

Spindle 30-10-2020 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB2506 (Post 15478301)
In his rookie season after taking over from a legend in Bledsoe after he won’t down injured. The Rams had everything, MVP QB in Kurt Warner, the previous years MVP in Marshall Faulk, Isaac Bruce, Tory Holt, it was supposed to be a non contest.

It's a bit like saying "We're ****ed now we've lost our fullbacks, we only have this kid from the reserves AWB". Surely some analyst would've looked at the teams and worked out that they were decent, especially considering they got to the big final...

I never liked the Patriots, and they always used to suck. Booooo!

Spindle 01-11-2020 10:28 AM

Steelers vs Ravens tonight looks the clash of the week. I want the Steelers to turn them over and keep that fine run going, but honestly I'm so out of touch I've no clue who is going to win it :D

Golf Boy 01-11-2020 10:39 AM

Do John Riggins and Joe Theismann still play? That was about the last time i watched.

Spindle 01-11-2020 03:33 PM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Riggins

He's now an astonishing 71, so has likely lost a bit of pace. Worth a read though, didn't know he was a complete vet even then. You glory hunter GB, picking the Redskins cos of their Superbowl win, poor Dan Marino :D Your boys took a Superbowl pasting from my faves at the time the following season though :lux:

CP-RJW 01-11-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 15475830)
I used to watch american football a lot in the 80's, and then I didn't but I love the actual sport itself. Do you guys actually support teams or just watch it like noone the neutral?

I chose to support the Vikings, because they’re the biggest underachievers in NFL history, and I just found it quite funny. 7th best win/loss % in NFL history, yet no superbowl. You have to go all the way down to the Chargers in 18th for the next best Franchise that hasn’t won one.

The purple and gold uniforms are nice too, and Minnesota in general seems a pleasant, progressive state.

Spindle 01-11-2020 10:29 PM

Steelers game was brilliant, went right to the wire

Polish Pete 01-11-2020 10:32 PM

MIGHTY BILLS. Its their year!

Grim Reaper 01-11-2020 10:50 PM

My Jets just go from one gutless loss to another, week after week. Quite shocking just how bad they'd been for a full deacde now.

Can't help but keep an eye on Tampa now that Brady is QB. If he gets them to a Superbowl, without Belichick as coach, the ultimate question of which one of them was the key in that partnership will have its answer

CT_Palace 01-11-2020 11:46 PM

I’m beginning to lose my patience with Crappolo. I have no confidence in him. He’s not nearly mobile enough and there’s nothing exciting or “dangerous” about his game, defenses must relish seeing him drop back to pass.

Without the running game the 9ers would be a disaster.

Spindle 02-11-2020 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15484302)
I chose to support the Vikings, because they’re the biggest underachievers in NFL history, and I just found it quite funny. 7th best win/loss % in NFL history, yet no superbowl. You have to go all the way down to the Chargers in 18th for the next best Franchise that hasn’t won one.

The purple and gold uniforms are nice too, and Minnesota in general seems a pleasant, progressive state.

Good division win for them tonight. Green Bay is a strange place really, check the map, small town with a huge stadium and NFL team. It's like Forest Green Rovers being an established PL team

Beckenham Boy 02-11-2020 12:10 PM

God, I'm not sure if it is more depressing being a Palace fan on a Saturday, or a Chargers fan on a Sunday at the moment.

aj4england 02-11-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim Reaper (Post 15485924)
My Jets just go from one gutless loss to another, week after week. Quite shocking just how bad they'd been for a full deacde now.

Can't help but keep an eye on Tampa now that Brady is QB. If he gets them to a Superbowl, without Belichick as coach, the ultimate question of which one of them was the key in that partnership will have its answer

Perhaps in the average media eye. In more detailed anaylsis however shows if you have a top defence, a solid O-Line and 2 top quality receivers (Evans and Godwin) plus a host of above average weapons (Gronk, Fournette, Jones, Miller, Howard) etc you stand a good chance. Particularly in a year where so many teams have been hit with big injuries and transitions, the Buccs have been steady. The most likely winner on paper according to most, but would still be backing Kansas City in a Superbowl and probably the Steelers too.

Spindle 02-11-2020 02:15 PM

So the coach must be a putz if you lose 8 on the bounce. It's not Frank De Boring is it?

aj4england 03-11-2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 15486373)
So the coach must be a putz if you lose 8 on the bounce. It's not Frank De Boring is it?

He is though the roster is limited.

kayjay 04-11-2020 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim Reaper (Post 15485924)

This is the worst team I've seen for years.
Don't score TD's, don't look like scoring TD's, don't progress the ball down the field and have 3 and outs in such a short amount of time in possession.

Spindle 04-11-2020 01:16 PM

And their defence sucks. At least they'll have a better chance of some good draft picks.

aj4england 05-11-2020 10:12 AM

Am I the only one who thinks that Saints getting +5.5 is too high?

The Giants should have beaten the Buccs IMO if you had marginally better QB play though their receiving core is better than the Saints about now, just surprised its so high. The big pointer for me was that Wayne Gallman ran the ball easily on the Buccs so would expect Kamara to and even Mattinson to have good production. The saints have been under par but must know that this game is the final hurdle to the play offs.

After Sunday they face banged up 49ers, Falcons, Broncos, Falcons, Eagles before Cheifs Vikings and Panthers to see out the season. Could easily see them go 7-1 6-2 across those games. They would have a game lead plus 2 tiebeakers vs the Buccs.

Im all in for the saints win.

Spindle 05-11-2020 10:29 AM

I don't know whether +5.5 means that they are under-rated or over-rated since I'm not a betting guy. Now I'm out of touch with this but that fella Kamara looked really good, really stood out, and looking at that run there's a lot of winnable games against weaker sides than they've already beaten. I don't know if the Saints defence is their weak point or if they just already played strong offensive teams, but they seem to have no trouble scoring themselves.

hughff 05-11-2020 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polish Pete (Post 15485907)
MIGHTY BILLS. Its their year!

The Bills Haven’t Been AFC East Champs In Josh Allen’s Lifetime. Odds Are, That Changes This Year.

hughff 08-11-2020 06:02 AM

Just finished watching Clemson at Notre Dame. Check it out if you can - helluva game.

Spindle 08-11-2020 12:04 PM

Steelers v Cowboys today. 8-0 vs the Cowboys in turmoil. Jets gonna be 0-9, they'll get pasted by the Patriots.

That's about the limit of my knowledge for predictions lol

CT_Palace 08-11-2020 02:25 PM

With the 9ers disastrous season just about over talk has turned (not before time if you ask me) to answering the question “has Garoppolo played his last game for the 9ers?” The problem of course is who would they replace him with? But it’s clear now why NE were happy to trade him. His stats are at best average and much worse if you look more deeply at his production. But most of all, he simply can’t stay healthy long enough (last season aside).

GB2506 08-11-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15495928)
With the 9ers disastrous season just about over talk has turned (not before time if you ask me) to answering the question “has Garoppolo played his last game for the 9ers?” The problem of course is who would they replace him with? But it’s clear now why NE were happy to trade him. His stats are at best average and much worse if you look more deeply at his production. But most of all, he simply can’t stay healthy long enough (last season aside).

As a Pats fan I’m worried of rumours that we may look to trade to get him back. No thanks!

CT_Palace 08-11-2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB2506 (Post 15495935)
As a Pats fan I’m worried of rumours that we may look to trade to get him back. No thanks!

Obviously NE have an issue at QB too, but I doubt a trade for JG is on the cards if only because the return trade is not likely to be much more than a mid to late round pick.

GB2506 08-11-2020 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15495944)
Obviously NE have an issue at QB too, but I doubt a trade for JG is on the cards if only because the return trade is not likely to be much more than a mid to late round pick.

Would rather we address it in the draft. We’re a 5-11 team at best this season with the schedule we have and talent poor roster. Hoping we can somehow manoeuvre into position to get Justin Fields. Need to be in the top 5 to make that happen (depending on what teams need at the top of the draft).

CP-RJW 08-11-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15495928)

I could see Kirk Cousins in San Francisco. Shanahan loves him, he was the main reason Washington drafted him, and he wanted Cousins at the 9ers before you signed Jimmy.

Though like Jimmy G Kirk has had a down year, he's still an upgrade. You'd have won the superbowl with Cousins at QB, for me. But I'm sure it's still not a move you'd get excited about.

LSEagle 08-11-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hughff (Post 15495451)
Just finished watching Clemson at Notre Dame. Check it out if you can - helluva game.

I thought I'd recorded it but it's not in my planner. I did enjoy the Liberty vs Virginia State game yesterday

CT_Palace 08-11-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15495982)
I could see Kirk Cousins in San Francisco. Shanahan loves him, he was the main reason Washington drafted him, and he wanted Cousins at the 9ers before you signed Jimmy.

Though like Jimmy G Kirk has had a down year, he's still an upgrade. You'd have won the superbowl with Cousins at QB, for me. But I'm sure it's still not a move you'd get excited about.

Yes, Cousins is definitely in the mix, and although it’s not a move to get particularly excited about, if the 9ers do decide to ditch JG, there’s not so many options, so maybe the best of an average bunch?
Those of you that take any notice of my posts will know JG has never entirely impressed me, even last year, so I wouldn’t be devastated to see him replaced by Cousins.

LSEagle 08-11-2020 07:05 PM

Great start from the Bills

CT_Palace 08-11-2020 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSEagle (Post 15496293)

This will be a real test of where the Bills are

LSEagle 08-11-2020 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15496302)
This will be a real test of where the Bills are

So far so good

Spindle 08-11-2020 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSEagle (Post 15496293)

Allen's driving this with great passing, barely an incomplete pass in any drives so far, the Seahawks can't get near the Bills receivers

CP-RJW 08-11-2020 08:24 PM

I almost pity Wilson, carrying that bang average team. Is that what Marino’s Dolphins were like?

Spindle 08-11-2020 08:35 PM

You could be saying that about Wilf and Palace :D

CT_Palace 08-11-2020 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15496365)
I almost pity Wilson, carrying that bang average team. Is that what Marino’s Dolphins were like?

Except that Marino was a traditional pocket QB and had Mark Clayton to go to, pretty much, yes.

EDIT which suggests their O line was better than the Seahawks

Spindle 08-11-2020 09:00 PM

And that fella Metcalf is quality

CP-RJW 08-11-2020 09:58 PM

Dalvin Cook is so, so damn good. I’d take him over any running back in the league except maybe CMC.

CT_Palace 08-11-2020 10:02 PM

Alex Smith in his 15th season in the NFL, the most un-clutch QB I have ever known still throwing the ball away on potentially game winning drives LOL

Spindle 08-11-2020 10:12 PM

So Seattle score another 34 point game but are still pasted. Fair play to the Bills offense

Polish Pete 09-11-2020 12:34 AM

Another great win for the Bills.
Thought I`d put it in context to why I support them.
My Uncle and Aunt moved to Buffalo after the war and I have 3 cousins from there (who now all live in Texas)
Went to see them play against the Colts in a pre-season many years ago. Love the Buffalo spirit. Fecking freezing in the winter!
Its a town with a lot of Polish immigrants and hard run down from what I recall. Last time I was there was about 15 years ago.

Anyway , onwards and upward for THE BILLS!

kayjay 09-11-2020 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 15496518)
So Seattle score another 34 point game but are still pasted. Fair play to the Bills offense

Josh Allen picked the right week to put up career high numbers.

kayjay 09-11-2020 06:31 AM

I watched 2 games today - Ravens @ Colts and Panthers @ Chiefs.

It's got to the stage a Lamar fake is the actual handoff to the RB.
Linebackers were flying at him like guided missiles.
Not doing his career longevity any favours.

Phil Rivers...has there been a worse player rack up more NFL appearances??
Justin Herbert has played what 7 games? He's already a better franchise QB.

Panthers play 29 other teams - they win.
The Mahomes/Kelce combination is a juggernaut.

aj4england 09-11-2020 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15490889)
Am I the only one who thinks that Saints getting +5.5 is too high?

The Giants should have beaten the Buccs IMO if you had marginally better QB play though their receiving core is better than the Saints about now, just surprised its so high. The big pointer for me was that Wayne Gallman ran the ball easily on the Buccs so would expect Kamara to and even Mattinson to have good production. The saints have been under par but must know that this game is the final hurdle to the play offs.

After Sunday they face banged up 49ers, Falcons, Broncos, Falcons, Eagles before Cheifs Vikings and Panthers to see out the season. Could easily see them go 7-1 6-2 across those games. They would have a game lead plus 2 tiebeakers vs the Buccs.

Im all in for the saints win.

Easy as you like :lux: Saints being slept on but have put 35 points up every week, regardless of who they have on the field. Was only a matter of time before their Defence which was Top 10 last year came to the party. I had the Saints as my Superbowl winners before the season started and still would fancy their chances.

As for my team the Cardinals, too many blown tackles and Kingsbury keeps making dumb calls. Probably at about a fair standing in terms of division now, but was real chance to close the gap. Dolphins will be a serious team next year if they use the Houston picks and free agency well.

Spindle 09-11-2020 11:55 AM

Very impressive shut down of the Brady machine, forcing him into interceptions and even intentional grounding. Kamara again showing what a tricky whippet he is, Saints did it all, short and long passing and rushing, made it look easy.

Cowboys should've won but they botched it. Lovely :D

CP-RJW 09-11-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayjay (Post 15496722)
Phil Rivers...has there been a worse player rack up more NFL appearances?.

Bit harsh! Really dropped off the past two years, but absolutely elite for a decade before that. Will be a well deserved hall of famer.

kayjay 09-11-2020 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15496919)
Bit harsh! Really dropped off the past two years, but absolutely elite for a decade before that. Will be a well deserved hall of famer.

I wasn't aware the hall of fame was for the mediocre.

aj4england 09-11-2020 07:39 PM

Rivers also has 0 weapons around him and the O-Line has dropped in comparison to last year. Stick him in the Buccs team and you would see similar performance to Brady, though not as a good.

CP-RJW 09-11-2020 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayjay (Post 15497396)
I wasn't aware the hall of fame was for the mediocre.

Mediocre is Derek Carr or Fitzmagic.

As of 2019, Rivers was the eighth-highest-rated passer in NFL history. Only five quarterbacks in league history have thrown more touchdown passes, only six post-merger quarterbacks have averaged more yards per pass attempt, only seven have more passing yards, and only eight have higher career completion percentages. 8 pro bowls. Sure I could go on.

LSEagle 09-11-2020 09:56 PM

I have just watched highlights of the Dolphins @ Cardinals which was a brilliant game. I reckon Kyler might be my favourite QB in the league, he can do so much.

tsunamiman 09-11-2020 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSEagle (Post 15497532)
I have just watched highlights of the Dolphins @ Cardinals which was a brilliant game. I reckon Kyler might be my favourite QB in the league, he can do so much.

Except reach the top shelf.

Spindle 10-11-2020 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15497407)

As of 2019, Rivers was the eighth-highest-rated passer in NFL history. Only five quarterbacks in league history have thrown more touchdown passes, only six post-merger quarterbacks have averaged more yards per pass attempt, only seven have more passing yards, and only eight have higher career completion percentages. 8 pro bowls. Sure I could go on.

Carr? Don't agree and nor do stats/ratings of all types where he sits in the top 25% of qbs. What am I missing? Should the Raiders be doing better if not for him?

CP-RJW 10-11-2020 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 15497597)
Carr? Don't agree and nor do stats/ratings of all types where he sits in the top 25% of qbs. What am I missing? Should the Raiders be doing better if not for him?

It was harsh of me to lump Carr in with Fitzmagic, and he’s having a good season, but it’s just that, a good half season. I’d still take about half the leagues starting QBs over him. To me, that’s an average/mediocre quarterback.

kayjay 10-11-2020 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15497407)

Career win/loss of .547
Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Teddy Bridgewater and Deshaun Watson higher.
That's a more appropriate grouping for him rather than Hall Of Fame.

Vicmo 15-11-2020 11:07 PM

Anybody finding the Bills game difficult to watch without the first down line graphics?

Snikt5 16-11-2020 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicmo (Post 15503035)
Anybody finding the Bills game difficult to watch without the first down line graphics?

What an ending though

CT_Palace 16-11-2020 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snikt5 (Post 15503121)
What an ending though

Hail Marys never seem to work.... but....

I need Funk again.
What’s the success percentage for Hail Marys?

Hedgehog 16-11-2020 02:49 AM

Typical, I lose interest in the Raiders and they start doing good.

Maybe I should give up on Palace for you guys...

aj4england 16-11-2020 09:40 AM

Cardinalssssss

Now fire that bum Kingsbury and keep this march going. Kyler for MVP

kayjay 17-11-2020 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15503134)

I believe Denver's yards gained in the 3rd quarter was a whole 1.
Or was that -1?

CP-RJW 17-11-2020 12:13 PM

Damn you Vikings, giving me false playoff hope. Gotta be pretty much perfect and hope the Rams drop off.

aj4england 17-11-2020 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15504039)
Damn you Vikings, giving me false playoff hope. Gotta be pretty much perfect and hope the Rams drop off.

Should win the next 3 - Cowboys, Panthers Jags.

Buccs Bears Saints Lions - maybe split these 2-2?

Leaves you 9-7

Going to need one of the NFC West teams to sink (or maybe the Saints now Brees is out?)

Its about a 25% chance currently I believe, partly as the 6-3 Cardinals, Hawks and Rams have 4 interdivison games. Would need the cards to sweep the Rams and then hope the hawks beat them too, as seahawks have the softest schedule with eagles giants jets and washington, and likey winning 3 off them would knock you out.

Tim 17-11-2020 02:16 PM

Quote:

No way we’re dropping off. The Defence has really clicked, just need Goff to show he’s worth that contract and we’re headed for the post season!

CP-RJW 17-11-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 15504100)
No way we’re dropping off. The Defence has really clicked, just need Goff to show he’s worth that contract and we’re headed for the post season!

That's a big if.

But I agree, you'll probably make it even if you do drop off slightly.

Beckenham Boy 17-11-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 15504100)

And herein lies the problem...

Spindle 17-11-2020 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15503134)

Raiders are playing well, destroyed the Broncos with their rushing, strong O line making the gaps

Funk Butter 18-11-2020 08:46 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EnFCPmEX...jpg&name=small

aj4england 18-11-2020 08:58 AM

Bonkers stat - the NFC east is shockingly bad despite, though injuries havent helped. Add Dak and Saquon back into that division and things would look different. Still wouldnt be shocked if it ended up Giants and Cowboys 1 & 2 in some order.

The turnovers seem key. Its why game managers like Foles, Cousins, Jimmy G, Goff etc get contracts and game time. Not great for fans, though for every time that has a Kyler and Mahomes, one has Jameis and Drew Lock which is wild when good, but terrible when bad. Pick your poision.

Spindle 18-11-2020 03:08 PM

Their division winners will go nowhere of course

Latvian Eagle 18-11-2020 03:13 PM

Quite remarkable how crap the NFC East is given how many teams from there have won a Superbowl in the 13 or so years I have followed the NFL.

CP-RJW 18-11-2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 15504923)
Quite remarkable how crap the NFC East is given how many teams from there have won a Superbowl in the 13 or so years I have followed the NFL.

Indeed. It’s still the all time most successful division post merger by a huge distance. 13 Super Bowls, with the AFC East second with 9.

CP-RJW 18-11-2020 05:18 PM

Double post

Funk Butter 18-11-2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15505033)
Indeed. It’s still the all time most successful division post merger by a huge distance. 13 Super Bowls, with the AFC East second with 9.

Let's see, the Dolphins won two, the Jets won one and the Bills none. Can't think of another AFC East team.

aj4england 20-11-2020 09:54 AM

Last night showed where we (Arizona) are. Couldnt establish the run, Murray with his worst night throwing and once again some stupidly dumb play calls. Even on the last drive, do not throw to Hop or Fitz once but rely on Isabella in double coverage.

Some stinking pro-hawks ref calls too didnt help but one of our worst performances this season against a pretty average Seahawks that made less mistakes and ran the ball better. Cardinals going to need to score 28+ to beat the better teams without Jones in the team and with Peterson play Corner who is washed.

Despite the good records, be surprised if either of these teams progressed further and would be excited if I was a Rams fan afer that

Spindle 22-11-2020 06:38 PM

Steelers to go 10 and 0 today, the Jags are another team who suck. Can the Jets get off the mark? There's not many better chances than the Chargers, but they are a side that just let the opposition out score them, just, and have lost most games on margins

CP-RJW 23-11-2020 02:24 AM

Quote:

Damn you Vikings, giving me false playoff hope. Gotta be pretty much perfect

Well that lasted :D

Just typical Vikings, the shining light of our season in Justin Jefferson costs us the game with a drop on 2nd and 6. Still looks a special player though, best rookie receiver by a mile.

Cousins was great, defence was trash.

Andy Dalton ffs

aj4england 23-11-2020 09:57 AM

Pretty special performance from Derek Carr in defeat. The way he stepped through the pocket and pressure I thought was impressive. Shame their defence stank

SA Eagle 23-11-2020 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 15509612)
Steelers to go 10 and 0 today, the Jags are another team who suck. Can the Jets get off the mark? There's not many better chances than the Chargers, but they are a side that just let the opposition out score them, just, and have lost most games on margins

That's quite a generous assessment of the Jets. Only three of their defeats have been by one score and of those two would have needed 2 point conversions

Latvian Eagle 23-11-2020 11:03 AM

We managed to beat the Lions 20-0. With our second string QB too as Teddy was being rested because of his knees.

Spindle 23-11-2020 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SA Eagle (Post 15510150)
That's quite a generous assessment of the Jets. Only three of their defeats have been by one score and of those two would have needed 2 point conversions

I was referring to the Chargers

Spindle 27-11-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15510142)
Pretty special performance from Derek Carr in defeat. The way he stepped through the pocket and pressure I thought was impressive. Shame their defence stank

Fair assessment. *From the highlights* I thought that they weren't very aggressive in defence in the back field and missed a lot of tackles there, especially that #20 fella who dived in and missed at least twice like he was a computer player with bad AI. That said, Mahomes was chased out of the pocket regularly as the Raiders D-line broke through and he did a great job of improvising plays from that. I also thought they were unlucky, there was a pass interference call leading to a Chiefs TD which was bollocks, I'm not convinced Bell crossed the line for TD mid way through and the Raiders had a great TD catch ruled out as incomplete but a pass interference on the play. I don't understand why a 1 yard play is given rather than the penalty TD tbh.

Carr was outstanding, the Raiders O-line was solid and actually the whole Raiders offence was superb. They were very unlucky to lose that contest, I thought they were the better team tbh.

Funk Butter 29-11-2020 02:59 AM

Quote:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- In the on-field scenario many in the league feared the most with the COVID-19 pandemic, the Denver Broncos plan to play the New Orleans Saints on Sunday with no available quarterbacks for the game.

The Broncos' three eligible quarterbacks -- Drew Lock, Brett Rypien and Blake Bortles -- were each deemed to be a "high-risk" close contact to quarterback Jeff Driskel, and none of the three can be in uniform for Sunday's game, sources told ESPN.

Driskel tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday and was moved to the team's reserve/COVID-19 list later that day.

Lock, Rypien and Bortles, who is on the practice squad, were pulled off the field early in Saturday's practice and told to isolate at home after contact-tracing concerns had arisen, sources told ESPN. The three were discovered to have not worn masks at one point during contact with Driskel, team sources told ESPN, but it was unclear if that occurred during practice or a meeting.
I'm not sure how the NFL throwing around $250,000 and taking away draft picks hasn't gotten these guys to wear masks all the time yet. Plus, why don't they separate their QBs from each other to guard against this happening? I mean, Kiefer Sutherland got three seasons of a tv show covering something just like this.

Spindle 29-11-2020 11:12 AM

Does it matter? Broncos are shit and the Saints aren't, it was only a question of by how many the Saints will beat them by.