CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

saxoneagle 23-09-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jazman
I would love to make that claim but I meant the office cleaners. I'm now home and AM the cleaner .. :D

Well in that case, I have cleaners, too. I also have a penthouse overlooking the harbour one side and city hall the other.

And then I go home to the pigsty my wife never cleans... :D (we do have an ocean view though ;))

RDSdaEAGLE 23-09-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by saxoneagle
I can't wait to live in the US, in Colorado.

Sundays at 11am, the first match starts, then the second one at 2pm with the evening game at a reasonable 6.30pm.

Of course, when the Broncos are at home I'll be too busy tailgating :D

West coast living is even better :lux:

Roll out of bed at 9am for the Fox or CBS Football Show - and then just veg out until about 9pm :D 12 hours of delicious football action.

That is unless your fiance decides that we should all go shopping :hmph::rolleyes:

jazman 23-09-2008 09:36 PM

I was seaking to a couple of my mates who have just come back from a trip to Vegas. They were amazed how they noticed everything kind of stops for the college football on the Saturday and NFL on the Sunday. They just found a decent bar to sit down and veg out for the duration .. now that's my kind of idea ...

pauldrulez 23-09-2008 09:37 PM

Best NFL Network programme and moment I have seen.

Gameday after the matches.

Heres the top 10 moments of the weekends matches.

"PRRRIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMEEEEEETTTIIIIIMMMMMMEEEE EE"

saxoneagle 23-09-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
West coast living is even better :lux:

Roll out of bed at 9am for the Fox or CBS Football Show - and then just veg out until about 9pm :D 12 hours of delicious football action.

That is unless your fiance decides that we should all go shopping :hmph::rolleyes:

It's only one hour different to Colorado... and I'm sure my plan will change when we have kids :(

saxoneagle 23-09-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

I was seaking to a couple of my mates who have just come back from a trip to Vegas. They were amazed how they noticed everything kind of stops for the college football on the Saturday and NFL on the Sunday. They just found a decent bar to sit down and veg out for the duration .. now that's my kind of idea ...

I know, and people say Americans are stupid. I think they've got it spot on :D

jazman 23-09-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pauldrulez

Although Sanders is a bit of tool .. I do like those top tens ...

RDSdaEAGLE 23-09-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

I bet you love it when he says 'I believe in you Eli!' :D

jazman 23-09-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

I know, and people say Americans are stupid. I think they've got it spot on :D
:D

That brings me onto the Nickelback gig on Sunday night (for some reason?!?!).. the lead singer said what a great nation this is ... (pinch of salt i know) ... called us a drinking nation, but we have the best secret ... a pub on every corner ... get banned form one, just walk to the next one ... genius! :cool: :o

jlmatthews 24-09-2008 12:58 AM

Nickelback are Canadian.

saxoneagle 24-09-2008 01:12 AM

That'd be why they suck then.

RDSdaEAGLE 24-09-2008 01:20 AM

...which would also be why Jazman likes them? :D

saxoneagle 24-09-2008 01:57 AM

Quote:

...which would also be why Jazman likes them? :D

You've hit the nail on the head ;)

jazman 24-09-2008 09:53 AM

This could be classed as cyber bullying if I was sensitive ... ;)

nookiebear 24-09-2008 12:45 PM

What a crazy season it's been so far for QBs

Benched - Alex Smith, Matt Leinart, Kellen Clemens, Jeff Garcia, Tarvaris Jackson Marc Bulger. Romeo Crennel says Derek Anderson may be next.

The Chiefs don't seem to have any QBs. Vince Young has 'issues', Peyton Manning is all over the shop. And Brady is out for the season.

jazman 24-09-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nookiebear
What a crazy season it's been so far for QBs

Benched - Alex Smith, Matt Leinart, Kellen Clemens, Jeff Garcia, Tarvaris Jackson Marc Bulger. Romeo Crennel says Derek Anderson may be next.

The Chiefs don't seem to have any QBs. Vince Young has 'issues', Peyton Manning is all over the shop. And Brady is out for the season.

Plus the fact that Miami used their RB as thei QB in a few plays at the weekend!

nookiebear 24-09-2008 01:13 PM

It's making it easier for Dallas to win it all at the moment. :(

What I am liking though is Jason Campbell's stats for the 4th quarter of the two Skins wins this season

In the 4th quarter the last two weeks:

13/15
87% completion rate
15.3 ypa
2 TDs
3 TD drives
0 INTs
158.3 QB rating

Now he's gotta prove he can do it on the road in Texas :)

jazman 24-09-2008 01:22 PM

If I remember rightly, he played well in the same game last season ....

nookiebear 24-09-2008 01:44 PM

He did, but choked at the end - threw a pick when the Skins were driving and could have won it.

Big test for him on Sunday.

jazman 24-09-2008 01:51 PM

Looking forward to the match.

saxoneagle 24-09-2008 01:57 PM

I want the Cowboys to win now so just Paul has to eat his shirt.

jazman 24-09-2008 01:59 PM

:D ... I've never known so many people wanting us to win!

nookiebear 24-09-2008 02:07 PM

I want to see Paul eat the shirt, but not that much :D

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 24-09-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

:D ... I've never known so many people wanting us to win!
Not me pal! ;)

jazman 24-09-2008 02:16 PM

:D :D

saxoneagle 24-09-2008 02:23 PM

Well, my team won't win so the only way I wouldn't cheer the :moo:girls is if they played the Broncos in the Superbowl

jazman 24-09-2008 02:32 PM

Early days still ...

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 02:57 PM

Can I just make a small point about the Cassel part of the game on Sunday. (NO shouts the collective audience)

His stats ended up mediocre, but we know that he isn't our strong point.

In the First Quarter, when Cassel was "sacked", he ran in for a TD before being pulled back because he was supposedly on the grass. Will the Patriots be crowned 4-time Superbowl Champions since he was in all but the same position that Eli Manning was when he threw his wonderpass to Tyree. Maybe this protecting the QB has gone too far, especially since it hasnt exactly worked.

A point brought up on the radio was, with Cassel being so inexperienced, he was probably thinking "I shouldn't even be throwing this pass", and therefore ended up throwing a pick.

Not defending some of the stupid things he has done in that game, but I have a feeling that the TD would have actually given a start to the team rather than Cassel's INT destroying the hopes.

Also, what a disgrace some of the NE fans are. Booing a game, the first loss in 22 in the regular season, first loss in 11 at the Razor.
The quietest fans in the NFL when they are winning. Alot of them are now spoilt bastards, who dont bother cheering a TD since they come so freely.

Chiefs now back to Huard, NFL.com reporting. Nice to see some consistency, 4 different starting QBs in 4 weeks.

saxoneagle 24-09-2008 03:06 PM

More rubbish Paul - he's sh*t. He doesn't need a kick-start, he just needs a kick. Off a bridge. A high one. Into Niagara.

Strathclyde Eagle 24-09-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

In the First Quarter, when Cassel was "sacked", he ran in for a TD before being pulled back because he was supposedly on the grass.
Do you mean in the grasp? To be fair I didn't think that was a good call either.
Quote:

Chiefs now back to Huard, NFL.com reporting. Nice to see some consistency, 4 different starting QBs in 4 weeks.
Don't they only have three QBs on the roster? (Huard, Croyle and Thigpen.)

saxoneagle 24-09-2008 03:11 PM

I think Paul means that Huard started, then Croyle, then Thigpen and now Huard again.

It's a revolving door back there.

jazman 24-09-2008 03:19 PM

Miami won. End of. It was always going to be tough for anyone to try and replace Brday in truth. Is there an option for you guys to bring in another QB? Not sure of the rules there ...

saxoneagle 24-09-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Miami won. End of. It was always going to be tough for anyone to try and replace Brday in truth. Is there an option for you guys to bring in another QB? Not sure of the rules there ...

Yep, we can still trade for a QB or bring in a free agent but we'd have to keep the roster to 53 people or under.

My first choice right now would be to offer Tampa something for Garcia. Offer them Guttierez plus a draft pick next year (3rd rounder?) maybe...

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 03:27 PM

We have the 3 that we want. Belichick has said it. We have Cassel, we have the rookie O'Connell and we have Gutierrez. Gutierrez without doubt is the strongest QB we have in terms of going long, which is what Moss would like, O'Connell is the best in the red-zone as he is mobile as well as good at picking the right throw.
Cassel should know the playbook back to front as he has been here so long, but he is working with a short version of the playbook with the team for some reason.

We have also only got 52 on the roster and it will supposedly stay that way.

I believe I am right in saying that if you have an empty spot on your roster for 3 weeks, you get the pick of any Practice Squad players in the league.

And Miami deserved to win, one quote from the Pats Radio was "I thought that the only way they would win is if Cassel is picked off 4 times and they have 17 defensive scores", but none of that happened, it was a masterclass by an improving team.

The players saying "They surprised us" or "They shocked us" should be shot, this isn't how a Belichick team has been run, I hope they turn up the style against the Niners because Weeks 6, 7 and 9 we are running into high scoring teams, and the Colts may actually have a team out with no injuries :eek:

nookiebear 24-09-2008 03:33 PM

Paul, maybe Belicheat should give Vinny Testaverde a call :)

saxoneagle 24-09-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

We have the 3 that we want. Belichick has said it. We have Cassel, we have the rookie O'Connell and we have Gutierrez. Gutierrez without doubt is the strongest QB we have in terms of going long, which is what Moss would like, O'Connell is the best in the red-zone as he is mobile as well as good at picking the right throw.
Cassel should know the playbook back to front as he has been here so long, but he is working with a short version of the playbook with the team for some reason.

We have also only got 52 on the roster and it will supposedly stay that way.

I believe I am right in saying that if you have an empty spot on your roster for 3 weeks, you get the pick of any Practice Squad players in the league.

And Miami deserved to win, one quote from the Pats Radio was "I thought that the only way they would win is if Cassel is picked off 4 times and they have 17 defensive scores", but none of that happened, it was a masterclass by an improving team.

The players saying "They surprised us" or "They shocked us" should be shot, this isn't how a Belichick team has been run, I hope they turn up the style against the Niners because Weeks 6, 7 and 9 we are running into high scoring teams, and the Colts may actually have a team out with no injuries :eek:

He may have said it but he is wrong. There are better out there. O'Connell could be good but the other two are not. I know it is difficult when you are used to working with silk to suddenly have to start working with nylon but hopefully BB will see the error of his ways and bring in a short-term solution who can be there next year if TB doesn't come back healthy. Garcia is that person.

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 03:45 PM

I just dont know about Garcia. He is a good QB, possibly better than what we have right now. I would say he needs time to fit into the system, but we have a bye week and if he is being brought in, now is the time :D

If we stay with these three, we will finish between 7-9 and 10-6.

saxoneagle 24-09-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

I just dont know about Garcia. He is a good QB, possibly better than what we have right now. I would say he needs time to fit into the system, but we have a bye week and if he is being brought in, now is the time :D

If we stay with these three, we will finish between 7-9 and 10-6.

I'm not turning this into another Pats discussion but here is my forecast:

5 - @ SF Narrow win, could easily be a defeat though.
6 - @ SD Heavy loss
7 - Den Loss. Denver have a poor D and it could be a shootout if we have a QB
8 - Rams Win. God, if we don't win this it will be bad
9 - @ Ind Loss
10 - Buf Loss
11 - NYJ Could go either way, seriously. Favre will know the playbook more by then and this could go bad. I'll call this a 0.5 W/L
12 - @ Mia As above.
13 - Pit Loss
14 - @ Sea Loss
15 - @ Oak Loss. We can't run stop for sh*t
16 - Ariz Win
17 - @ Buf Loss

I make that a 6-10 season assuming we beat one of the Jets or Phins. It could be 7-9 if we win both and could be 5-11 if we lose both.

I think you are in cloud cuckoo land if you think we are going to win 8 of those to finish 10-6. In fact, I'm calling the asylum now to reserve your padded cell...

nookiebear 24-09-2008 04:01 PM

Pats won't lose to Oakland and the Bills twice

saxoneagle 24-09-2008 04:02 PM

Quote:

Pats won't lose to Oakland and the Bills twice

Why not?

We can't run stop. We can't run. We can't throw.

I hope you're wrong but one of the weaker teams in our schedule will beat us and I see it being the game in Oakland.

jazman 24-09-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Yep, we can still trade for a QB or bring in a free agent but we'd have to keep the roster to 53 people or under.

My first choice right now would be to offer Tampa something for Garcia. Offer them Guttierez plus a draft pick next year (3rd rounder?) maybe...

Interesting to know if they would though seeing as they have started the season so well ...

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 04:06 PM

I think we stopped the run well in the first two games but the Phins exploited them with the fakes and surprise looks.

But, the Chargers game, there is something inside me that makes me think we can beat them.

We always seem to be especially up for San Diego, I dont think it will be a heavy loss, but some of the D, especially Vrabel and Bruschi really dont like the Chargers.

Week 3: 2-1
Week 4: 2-1
Week 5: 3-1 Hoping Bill has them fired up.
Week 6: 3-2 but we might win;)
Week 7: 3-3
Week 8: 4-3
Week 9: 4-4 but close again depending on the Colts team.
Week 10: 5-4
Week 11: 6-4 we cant lose to the Rats surely.
Week 12: 7-4 Will have something to prove (sack of Ronnie Brown;))
Week 13: 7-5
Week 14: 7-6
Week 15: 8-6 if the D play like they can, Mayo/Crable will be more experienced
Week 16: 8-7
Week 17: Division decider.

I will leave the Pats discussion here :D

Strathclyde Eagle 24-09-2008 04:06 PM

I don't know why I think it, but I can see the Pats pulling out a win in SD in week 6.

Edit: Paul, stop posting moments before me! :D

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 04:06 PM

Great minds think alike Strathers ;)

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 04:07 PM

I would re-edit that last great minds one, but it would require effort and people would see it :D

saxoneagle 24-09-2008 04:13 PM

I think you are both smoking something my mother would not approve of ;)

Strathclyde Eagle 24-09-2008 04:20 PM

Definitely not. ;)

Given the choice of Belichick or Turner I know who I would pick, every time. What odds the Chargers start running their mouths in the build up to that game and it comes back to haunt them? Things like that have happened before.

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 04:23 PM

This is probably just me saying this, but the only receiving option I would be worried about is Antonio Gates, Chambers is a threat, but can probably be snuffed out.

The key to the game is the DL against Tomlinson, Sproles and Jacob Hester. If they can snuff them out a bit and allow a minimum amount of yards, then there is a chance that we can get a result on the defensive side.

On the offensive side, Cromartie. That is one word that will prevent Cassel from sleeping the night before hand. Take the snap, avoid the rush, look for Cromartie, look for the receiver on the opposite side and throw. Never has our running game been more important. If Maroney runs instead of dances, we would have some sort of chance alongside the other backs.

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Definitely not. ;)

Given the choice of Belichick or Turner I know who I would pick, every time. What odds the Chargers start running their mouths in the build up to that game and it comes back to haunt them? Things like that have happened before.

Like it should have done to Porter :veryangry :D

jazman 24-09-2008 04:27 PM

This discussion is far more technical than my knowledge can take ... ;)

jazman 24-09-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

, Chambers is a threat, but can probably be snuffed out.
Thanks. He's on my roster!

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 04:31 PM

Apologies ;)

jazman 24-09-2008 04:38 PM

Well, lets hope not eh ...

RDSdaEAGLE 24-09-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

This is probably just me saying this, but the only receiving option I would be worried about is Antonio Gates, Chambers is a threat, but can probably be snuffed out.

The key to the game is the DL against Tomlinson, Sproles and Jacob Hester. If they can snuff them out a bit and allow a minimum amount of yards, then there is a chance that we can get a result on the defensive side.

On the offensive side, Cromartie. That is one word that will prevent Cassel from sleeping the night before hand. Take the snap, avoid the rush, look for Cromartie, look for the receiver on the opposite side and throw. Never has our running game been more important. If Maroney runs instead of dances, we would have some sort of chance alongside the other backs.

It sounds so easy. There's a reason why Tomlinson has scored 115 rushing TD's - it's because teams can't snuff him out. Sproles has looked formidable in recent weeks.

Cromartie has been inconsistent but I'd like to think he's getting into some form now. I wouldn't write off Cason or Jammer either though.

Running might be your best approach considering that we've lost Merriman.

saxoneagle 24-09-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

It sounds so easy. There's a reason why Tomlinson has scored 115 rushing TD's - it's because teams can't snuff him out. Sproles has looked formidable in recent weeks.

Cromartie has been inconsistent but I'd like to think he's getting into some form now. I wouldn't write off Cason or Jammer either though.

Cromartie looked good against GB, even though he did drop a certain 6 pointer!

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

I would never write off Cason, he was one of my 6 rookies to watch for the season, I thought he was the best CB on the board.

I'm more worried about what Sproles can do the D rather than LT in all honesty, he is like a rocket and is an unknown quantity for now, he looks like he can destroy a slow team and apart from Mayo, our D is incredibly slow.

As you say, you cant snuff him out, but I think there is a way of slowing it down, keeping him off the field, concentrating on stopping the run and forcing them to throw away from Gates to one of the receivers.

MAYO.

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 04:55 PM

Has the pendulum swung in Jazmans favour:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Super Bowl star Plaxico Burress was suspended for one game by the New York Giants on Wednesday for an undisclosed violation of team rules.

General manager Jerry Reese and coach Tom Coughlin informed Burress of the suspension Wednesday morning before the team held a bye-week practice.

Plaxico Burress, WR
New York Giants

2008 Statistics:
Receptions: 18
Yards: 259
Touchdowns: 1
The suspension takes effect immediately, meaning Burress will miss the Giants' game against the Seattle Seahawks on Oct. 5.

Burress was not immediately available for comment. Drew Rosenhaus, his agent, did not immediately return a telephone call by The Associated Press for comment.

The Giants (3-0) did not specify why Burress was suspended. FoxSports.com said that Burress did not show up for work on Monday and did not telephone or answer phone messages to explain his absence.

Giants spokesman Pat Hanlon said the team was not confirming or denying any reason for the suspension.

Burress, who caught the game-winning 13-yard touchdown pass in the final minute of the Giants' 17-14 win over the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl, will be allowed to return to team activities the day after the Seahawks game.

Burress was off to a great start this season with a team-high 18 catches for 259 yards and a touchdown.

The Giants signed Burress to a two-year contract extension that will bump his salary into the $7-million range over the next five years. The deal, which included $11 million in guaranteed money that will be paid this season, was signed just hours before the Giants kicked off the season on Sept. 4 against the Washington Redskins.

Burress then caught 10 catches for 133 yards in a 16-7 win.

Burress was upset that the Giants had refused to negotiate his contract after the Super Bowl, and refused to practice during a mandatory minicamp in June. He was fined about $25,000.

Despite playing on a sprained right ankle all last season, Burress had a team-high 70 receptions for 1,025 yards and a career-high 12 touchdowns. He added 18 catches for 221 yards in the postseason.

Burress caught 209 passes for 3,227 yards and 29 touchdowns in his first three seasons with the Giants, with all the touchdowns being thrown by Eli Manning.

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 05:00 PM

We now have the biggest upset of the NFL season.

Bigger than Miami handing New England its first regular-season loss in 743 days.

Bigger than Chicago and Jacksonville both beating Indianapolis at brand-spanking-new Lucas Oil Stadium.

Bigger than any on-field result we have seen.

Lane Kiffin has outlasted Matt Millen. Who ever would have predicted that? Who ever could have predicted that? While the Kiffin death watch was in full force, with every eye peering in on Oakland, the most dramatic early-season change occurred right underneath our eyes in Detroit.

The Lions and Millen parted ways. Millen made a far better television analyst than general manager. But his greatest strength as a GM was holding onto the job. While head coach after head coach dropped in Detroit, Millen stayed on. He presided over Marty Mornhinweg, Steve Mariucci, Dick Jauron, Rod Marinelli and even more losses than coaches.

Even William Clay Ford Jr. couldn’t take it any longer, going on his own “Millen Man March” that provided the impetus to the news that swept the NFL and stunned all those around it.

Millen went before Kiffin.

The upset of the season.

saxoneagle 24-09-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

We now have the biggest upset of the NFL season.

Bigger than Miami handing New England its first regular-season loss in 743 days.

Bigger than Chicago and Jacksonville both beating Indianapolis at brand-spanking-new Lucas Oil Stadium.

Bigger than any on-field result we have seen.

Lane Kiffin has outlasted Matt Millen. Who ever would have predicted that? Who ever could have predicted that? While the Kiffin death watch was in full force, with every eye peering in on Oakland, the most dramatic early-season change occurred right underneath our eyes in Detroit.

The Lions and Millen parted ways. Millen made a far better television analyst than general manager. But his greatest strength as a GM was holding onto the job. While head coach after head coach dropped in Detroit, Millen stayed on. He presided over Marty Mornhinweg, Steve Mariucci, Dick Jauron, Rod Marinelli and even more losses than coaches.

Even William Clay Ford Jr. couldn’t take it any longer, going on his own “Millen Man March” that provided the impetus to the news that swept the NFL and stunned all those around it.

Millen went before Kiffin.

The upset of the season.

Is that your article Paul or are you going to quote the source you copied it from ?;)

saxoneagle 24-09-2008 05:06 PM

Quote:

apart from Mayo, our D is incredibly slow.

MAYO.

Your new object of affection??? ;)

jazman 24-09-2008 05:06 PM

I assume he is on Saxons roster?

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 05:06 PM

Adam "the Smarmy Chef" Schefter.

Dont complain because Complexico is suspended and your fantasy team is ruined ;)

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

New, I called him Rookie of the Year, 3 weeks ago, And I've gone on about him since May, the Rookie Camp formed my opinion lol.

saxoneagle 24-09-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Adam "the Smarmy Chef" Schefter.

Dont complain because Complexico is suspended and your fantasy team is ruined ;)

Without Plaxico, my DST AND kicker, I'd still have beaten you. You really don't learn, do you? ;)

saxoneagle 24-09-2008 05:09 PM

Paul and Mayo sitting in a tree...

jazman 24-09-2008 05:11 PM

I prefer Mayo with ham in a sarnie ... ;)

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Without Plaxico, my DST AND kicker, I'd still have beaten you. You really don't learn, do you? ;)
Just because you got a good draft and I keep picking up rookies and half of the Patriots roster :D.

And when I do make a good decision it goes up the wall, or in Carson Palmers case in the other league I do, through the floor.

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Paul and Mayo sitting in a tree...
I prefer Mayo in a roll,
The Pats will win the Superbowl

:p

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 05:18 PM

And for good measure, here was the 1000th Jerod Mayo joke and it certainly isnt the last as proved today.

http://blog.pfwonline.com/2008/08/13...ubba/#comments

Quote:

Hubba Bubba!
Safety/wide receiver Ray Ventrone came up with the play of the day on a diving catch over the middle on a pass from Matt Cassel despite being sandwiched by linebacker Jerod Mayo and safety Brandon Meriweather.

Yes, folks, there was Mayo in the sandwich!

Bada-bing!

jazman 24-09-2008 05:22 PM

What was that you said about the Pats and the Superbowl? ;)

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 05:25 PM

It rhymed ;)

jazman 24-09-2008 05:36 PM

You still said it ... :D

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 05:45 PM

Yep, didnt say what year ;) although I obviously meant 2009...

saxoneagle 24-09-2008 05:53 PM

More likely to win a soup bowl than a superbowl.

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 06:00 PM

I knew I would draw a reply from you there ;)

saxoneagle 24-09-2008 06:10 PM

Just read Strath's contribution on Ben's blog - a good, if tough, read :)

http://nflbabus.blogspot.com/

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 06:22 PM

Yeah same, great blog Straths.

Saxon, Jaz, if either of you want to do a blog, your welcome to put the entry on mine as I never seem to get around to writing another one.

jazman 24-09-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Yeah same, great blog Straths.

Saxon, Jaz, if either of you want to do a blog, your welcome to put the entry on mine as I never seem to get around to writing another one.

Thanks Paul, I will consider it .. not sure how my first couple of 'blog' posts went down on here to be honest ....

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 08:03 PM

Well mine went down badly ;) Apart from RDS, who told me to write about whatever I want (cough... Pats).

Yours were fine, just what blogs should be, write one of the Cowboys if you want, or the state of the NFL, or your opinions on your first proper NFL watching year or whatever really :D

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Am I seeing things or is this for real

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 08:14 PM

More Plaxico News from The Scheff
Quote:

Plaxico Burress is filing a grievance against the Giants for docking him two weeks of pay and suspending him one game.
Just when it was going well for the Giants

saxoneagle 24-09-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Good spot Paul! I'd read that article and seen the link numerous times but hadn't noticed the George Bush as playmaker link :D

saxoneagle 24-09-2008 08:35 PM

Write some more stuff jaz - you can't go wrong with putting your own thoughts down. Well, you can, but do it anyway.

I'm not doing anything for week 3 as I have a big summary to do for after week 4.

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 08:41 PM

:p

I have to check this weeks picks.

I have a feeling I got one wrong...

pauldrulez 24-09-2008 09:01 PM

10-16, not too shabby, but I think I got 11 or 12 in the picks game.

Strathclyde Eagle 24-09-2008 10:17 PM

Quote:

What happened to the previous one? Did he finally manage to get a tackle in his third game?

Strathclyde Eagle 24-09-2008 10:20 PM

Quote:

Thanks Paul, I will consider it .. not sure how my first couple of 'blog' posts went down on here to be honest ....
I enjoyed them. :p
Quote:

Written by Eddie George I would guess?

RDSdaEAGLE 24-09-2008 10:55 PM

I see Joey Harrington has been released by the Saints. Perfect for the Patriots, no? ;)

jlmatthews 25-09-2008 01:19 AM

Quote:

What happened to the previous one? Did he finally manage to get a tackle in his third game?
Yes, I believe he did. :p

saxoneagle 25-09-2008 02:14 AM

Paul! He has 1 tackle! You must love him again now!

Click here for Paul's lover boy

RDSdaEAGLE 25-09-2008 07:45 AM

I just watched the short-cuts highlights package of the Patriots vs. Dolphins game.

I have to be honest, the television highlights you see on programs such as GameDay don't give a true perspective of just how bad the Pats (and especially Cassel) were.

The big difference with Cassel is that he doesn't just seem rushed, but he seems to gun everything. Whether it's a short 10 yard pass or a 40/50 yard pass (did he actually try anything longer than 10 yards? :D), it's all fast-paced. Where that differs from Brady is that Brady a) knows exactly when to go deep and b) seems to throw the ball in such a way that Moss/Welker can pick it off at it's highest point without the threat of it slipping through their fingers. Brady is the best in the business - Cassel is one of the worst.

The other thing is that the highlights on Gameday (or any of the other highlights shown during half-times of televised games) ignored the 3-pointers. Obviously it's because they don't have as big an impact on the scoreline (unless we're talking last minute 3-pointers :hmph: ) but they do show just how poor a team can be in the red-zone. The minute Cassel crossed that 20-yard line, his confidence just seemed to drain completely and he ran out of ideas. Porter did what he said he would do.

Take nothing away from the Dolphins - Pennington looked a better QB than Cassel, collecting yards when they needed them most. I thought the Dolphins had the whole game worked out, they knew exactly what they needed to do and implemented it perfectly. Brown looked like a power-house and I'm sure he'll do well for the Phins.

I was just incredibly surprised by how lapse the Pat's defensive line and defensive play-calling was. It was hilariously bad.

(Sorry if I've caused offence, saxoneagle and Paul, but I call it how I see it :) )

RDSdaEAGLE 25-09-2008 07:45 AM

Double post.

jazman 25-09-2008 09:58 AM

Quote:

Well mine went down badly ;) Apart from RDS, who told me to write about whatever I want (cough... Pats).

Yours were fine, just what blogs should be, write one of the Cowboys if you want, or the state of the NFL, or your opinions on your first proper NFL watching year or whatever really :D

I will do when I next get the chance. Thanks fella. :p

May I just say, that last season was my first season back watching after an absence of a good 10 years or so, maybe more ... maybe my opinions are a little different to those of you that have watched religously for that time and even longer ...

I'll see what I can put together ...

Interestingly, I went to a school open evening last night as my son moves up to secondary school next September. Was in the media studies room and the teacher was explaining to me what they do. His example he showed was of a pupil who has done his own NFL magazine .... how bizarre? My Cowboys tatoo wasn't showing ;) :o

jazman 25-09-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Write some more stuff jaz - you can't go wrong with putting your own thoughts down. Well, you can, but do it anyway.

I'm not doing anything for week 3 as I have a big summary to do for after week 4.

Thanks fella ... :p

jazman 25-09-2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

I enjoyed them. :p
Thanks for the comment :p

Swanny32 25-09-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Whoo hoo a fellow Eagles fan, I thought for a while there that I was on my own against all the Glory hunting Pats, Fins, Cowgirls (Sorry Jazman :p ) fans...................Hopefully McNabb will be okay, it did not sound to serious when he was being interviewed on NFL Game Day! and he did go out again in the 2nd half!!

I also thought Kolb looked quite good when he came on for those couple of series..............I wonder whether Paulderulz etal would rather have Kolb as their no1 rather than Cassell. I will have to ask my Bro that one :hi:

I sure am an Eagles fan, always enjoyed american football but never really followed a team, watched a couple of Eagles games last season and thought they looks pretty good, took an instant liking to Westbrook. Probably wasn't our best season last year but i chose them anyway, i'd hate to be a glory fan, mind you I can't see much glory in getting thumped by the Dolphins! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just checked up on the team news and both Westbrook and Mcnabb missed training yesterday.....hope there is nothing too wrong with them

saxoneagle 25-09-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

I just watched the short-cuts highlights package of the Patriots vs. Dolphins game.

I have to be honest, the television highlights you see on programs such as GameDay don't give a true perspective of just how bad the Pats (and especially Cassel) were.

The big difference with Cassel is that he doesn't just seem rushed, but he seems to gun everything. Whether it's a short 10 yard pass or a 40/50 yard pass (did he actually try anything longer than 10 yards? :D), it's all fast-paced. Where that differs from Brady is that Brady a) knows exactly when to go deep and b) seems to throw the ball in such a way that Moss/Welker can pick it off at it's highest point without the threat of it slipping through their fingers. Brady is the best in the business - Cassel is one of the worst.

The other thing is that the highlights on Gameday (or any of the other highlights shown during half-times of televised games) ignored the 3-pointers. Obviously it's because they don't have as big an impact on the scoreline (unless we're talking last minute 3-pointers :hmph: ) but they do show just how poor a team can be in the red-zone. The minute Cassel crossed that 20-yard line, his confidence just seemed to drain completely and he ran out of ideas. Porter did what he said he would do.

Take nothing away from the Dolphins - Pennington looked a better QB than Cassel, collecting yards when they needed them most. I thought the Dolphins had the whole game worked out, they knew exactly what they needed to do and implemented it perfectly. Brown looked like a power-house and I'm sure he'll do well for the Phins.

I was just incredibly surprised by how lapse the Pat's defensive line and defensive play-calling was. It was hilariously bad.

(Sorry if I've caused offence, saxoneagle and Paul, but I call it how I see it :) )

Don't mind me, I'm in full agreement with everything you put.

nookiebear 25-09-2008 02:08 PM

Too many Cowboys and Eagles fans on this thread now :( ;)

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 25-09-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

:cool: :D

jazman 25-09-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

I don't know any other Cowboy fans on here .... I thought I was the only one ...

Lets have a head count ... :p