CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

y2rich 27-02-2011 08:02 PM

The gauntlet drill? Tis rather fun to do as well :D

peagle 27-02-2011 08:06 PM

Yet seemingly they all blast it, and I can kind of see why.

pauldrulez 27-02-2011 08:15 PM

Newton was frankly awful.

I watched about half an hour.

Thoughts:

Julio Jones will be overdrafted now. AJ Green is the true class of this WR Class and the best to come out since Calvin Johnson.

I like McElroy and Dalton as solid mid-late round prospects muchmore now i've seen them do the 7 step drops. Looked fluid.

Gabbert was consistent and not really flashy.

pauldrulez 27-02-2011 08:29 PM

Mark this down.

This draft will go down like 2007 in terms of QBs.

Newton is so far overrated that someone like Al Davis will fall in love with him and take him first. AKA JaMarcus Russell.

Gabbert will be projected to go high but will fall like Brady Quinn.

Not 1 QB in this class has the quality of any of the first rounders of the previous 3 drafts. Ryan, Flacco, Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, Bradford.

I don't count Tebow as part of anything.

pauldrulez 27-02-2011 08:37 PM

And while i'm ranting.

No team should be taking a Running Back high anymore.

Rumours are Mark Ingram is going to Miami at #15.

Surely a better option would be going after DeAngelo Williams in Free Agency and then taking one of the Tackles to put opposite Ryan?

Running Back is the one position where you sign pretty much any back and they can do the job.

Strathclyde Eagle 28-02-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Rumours are Mark Ingram is going to Miami at #15.

I hope not. His 40 speed was nothing special. Breaks tackles, but I think a lot of what he did was due to the line he played behind at Alabama. They were always awesome.

Swanny32 28-02-2011 03:19 PM

Just watching a bit of the D-Line combine now, WOW some of those boys are quick for big guys! 320lb bloke running sub 5 seconds in the 40. Steam train!

pauldrulez 28-02-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
I hope not. His 40 speed was nothing special. Breaks tackles, but I think a lot of what he did was due to the line he played behind at Alabama. They were always awesome.

Same reason I don't particularly want him in New England. That O-Line is a monster of a unit nearly every year.

davematt 28-02-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Just watching a bit of the D-Line combine now, WOW some of those boys are quick for big guys! 320lb bloke running sub 5 seconds in the 40. Steam train!

Many are seeing this DL class as one of the most athletic there has been.

I enjoy watching the combine; its a great event that really gives teams the chance to analyze these players up close.

Am going to try and watch all the QB stuff from the weekend in a bit.

jazman 28-02-2011 10:50 PM

Go on Rich :o

y2rich 28-02-2011 11:12 PM

I feel confident that despite his custom UA gear, I could run a faster 40 than Eisen ;)

Strathclyde Eagle 28-02-2011 11:26 PM

I'm not sure the suit helps. :D

Is it on YouTube yet?

davematt 01-03-2011 01:32 AM

Ok; so I have watched all the workouts for the first QB group that included Gabbert, Locker, and Mallett. Am going to watch the rest of the group that includes Newton later tonight. Here are some of my thoughts...

You can understand why Gabbert decided not to throw. He isn't familiar with the runs and routes of the WR's also working out, so he was cautious and decided not too. Im not sure how teams see this. Surely if he goes out there and has a good work out, that just increases his stock?

I really like Mallett. In fact, I can see him going higher than Newton. He has all the qualities to be a really solid NFL QB. Locker impressed as well, and showed better accuracy with his passes, which I know has been a major concern.

The QB class is strong, although I don't think there is a Bradford, Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez etc...Which gets you onto the question of; Is taking a QB in the first round worth it?

Panthers need to make a decision; are they going to fully commit to Clausen? If not, they should probably draft one of these QB's and fully back him as their franchised QB. If they feel Clausen can fill that spot, they should use that first pick on a defensive end.

Bronco's don't need a QB, so then you get to Buffalo. They are in the same position with Fitzpatrick as the Panthers are with Clausen. If they can't commit to him, then they are going to have to select a QB in the first round.

Then you have the Bengals, Cardinals and 49ers. All are in need of a new starting QB (Bengals situation all depends on Palmer and if he goes through with his threat).

So depsite the lack of stand out QB quality, we could see quite a few go early just because teams need one. A team like the Cardinals may decide to wait a round or two, but it could be a huge risk.

Its going to be a very interesting first round; another question is how early does AJ Green go? He was very impressive.

peagle 01-03-2011 12:00 PM

Getting to CBA crunch time now, do negotiations restart today or tomorrow? I still hold out hope, it was always going to be a last minute thing.

Swanny32 01-03-2011 12:47 PM

If nothings sorted by Thursday then we are at least going to have a short season.

pauldrulez 01-03-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt
Ok; so I have watched all the workouts for the first QB group that included Gabbert, Locker, and Mallett. Am going to watch the rest of the group that includes Newton later tonight. Here are some of my thoughts...

You can understand why Gabbert decided not to throw. He isn't familiar with the runs and routes of the WR's also working out, so he was cautious and decided not too. Im not sure how teams see this. Surely if he goes out there and has a good work out, that just increases his stock?

I really like Mallett. In fact, I can see him going higher than Newton. He has all the qualities to be a really solid NFL QB. Locker impressed as well, and showed better accuracy with his passes, which I know has been a major concern.

The QB class is strong, although I don't think there is a Bradford, Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez etc...Which gets you onto the question of; Is taking a QB in the first round worth it?

Panthers need to make a decision; are they going to fully commit to Clausen? If not, they should probably draft one of these QB's and fully back him as their franchised QB. If they feel Clausen can fill that spot, they should use that first pick on a defensive end.

Bronco's don't need a QB, so then you get to Buffalo. They are in the same position with Fitzpatrick as the Panthers are with Clausen. If they can't commit to him, then they are going to have to select a QB in the first round.

Then you have the Bengals, Cardinals and 49ers. All are in need of a new starting QB (Bengals situation all depends on Palmer and if he goes through with his threat).

So depsite the lack of stand out QB quality, we could see quite a few go early just because teams need one. A team like the Cardinals may decide to wait a round or two, but it could be a huge risk.

Its going to be a very interesting first round; another question is how early does AJ Green go? He was very impressive.

IMO, AJ Green is the best i've seen since Megatron since i've been studying the draft properly (some would argue never, I would argue 6 years or so) ;)

Top 5 pick, top 3 player. IMO of course.

jazman 01-03-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
If nothings sorted by Thursday then we are at least going to have a short season.

Nothing at all if yesterdays reports are anything to go by ... think the players union are considering disbanding or something similar so that the season cannot go ahead without player representation ... think that's it but they started to lose me when I was watching the report. It's sad it has got this far in all honesty, should have been sorted out in good time.

peagle 01-03-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Nothing at all if yesterdays reports are anything to go by ... think the players union are considering disbanding or something similar so that the season cannot go ahead without player representation ... think that's it but they started to lose me when I was watching the report. It's sad it has got this far in all honesty, should have been sorted out in good time.

IT's a negotiation so they're using time to see who'll flinch etc. so it's always likely these things will be done last minute. It's in nobody's interests to not get it done.

jazman 01-03-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
IT's a negotiation so they're using time to see who'll flinch etc. so it's always likely these things will be done last minute. It's in nobody's interests to not get it done.

It all seems complete madness to me.

Anyway, the baseball season is around the corner and the NHL and NBA are getting to the business end .... I have more than enough to keep me busy :)

peagle 01-03-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
It all seems complete madness to me.

Anyway, the baseball season is around the corner and the NHL and NBA are getting to the business end .... I have more than enough to keep me busy :)

I dred MLB season, no way am I paying $70 or whatever for MLB.com this year :(


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.