CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

ardeo 16-03-2011 02:19 PM

Yea agree, don't think employees have the right to see the finances for any companies, just the shareholders.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 16-03-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Hard one to call really but I think the owners have a case here for rejecting the players demands, it's their business at the end of the day. I don't go around telling people how much my business earns even when they do ask, it's personal information. This is all about player power, the way I see it is that all these owners pay good money for these players to play football and that's what they are doing, no more, no less......it's nothing to do with them how much the franchises are making.

Just noticed it is Swanny32's B'day ........... Happy B'Day fellow Eagle!!! :lux: :hi:

Vince Hilaire's Afro 16-03-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Yea agree, don't think employees have the right to see the finances for any companies, just the shareholders.

Can the NFL be considered comparable though? I'd never really heard of the term 'collective bargaining agreement' until all this stuff. It suggests the NFL considers itself a single entity, which lends itself to the idea of everyone carving up their 'slice of the pie'. In that context, I can see why it could be considered important for everyone to know the precise 'ingredients' of that pie.

Mmmmmmm pie.

ardeo 16-03-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Can the NFL be considered comparable though? I'd never really heard of the term 'collective bargaining agreement' until all this stuff. It suggests the NFL considers itself a single entity, which lends itself to the idea of everyone carving up their 'slice of the pie'. In that context, I can see why it could be considered important for everyone to know the precise 'ingredients' of that pie.

Mmmmmmm pie.

Surely its more of an issue for the league and the teams rather than the players. As important as the players are, they come and go, it's often the teams and what the NFL does that makes the biggest difference to the fans. I think the players have got far above their station.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 16-03-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Surely its more of an issue for the league and the teams rather than the players. As important as the players are, they come and go, it's often the teams and what the NFL does that makes the biggest difference to the fans. I think the players have got far above their station.

Yes, I'm not sure how I feel about it. The players I'm sure are feeling that they put their bodies on the line, retire with long term injuries while the owners keep coining it in for years to come.

It seems to me that the mooting of extending the season was a catalyst for ill will, and made the owners appear greedy. And without wishing to turn the thread into yet another BBS racial thread, there is a lot more usage of terms like 'slavery' here in the USA than over in England.

It seems to me that the players are asking a simple question. Has the NFL started losing money since the last CBA? If not, why do we need to give some of our money back?

What a mess.

Swanny32 16-03-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Just noticed it is Swanny32's B'day ........... Happy B'Day fellow Eagle!!! :lux: :hi:

Thanks fella. :p

pauldrulez 16-03-2011 09:54 PM

Happy Birthday Chris, I hope the Eagles win a game in the next 6 months ;)

jazman 16-03-2011 10:07 PM

Confused. Just listened to the Rich Eisen podcast with the Snoop Dog interview on it. He proclaims to be a fan of the Steeler Nation but I'm certain he was on one of those ESPN episodes about the Raiders where he proclaimed his love for them ...... :confused:

pauldrulez 16-03-2011 10:25 PM

Judging by this, he is a true fairweather fan and a gloryhunter at the same time.

Quote:

Snoop is also an avid Pittsburgh Steelers fan.[106] and is often seen wearing Pittsburgh Steelers apparel. Snoop has mentioned that his love for the Steelers began in the 1970s during the team's dynasty years while watching the team with his grandfather growing up in L.A.[107] In the 2005 offseason, Snoop mentioned that he wanted to be an NFL head coach, "probably for the Steelers".[108] The following year, he was in attendance for the Steelers' victory in Super Bowl XL and later in Super Bowl XLIII. He is also a fan of the Oakland Raiders and Dallas Cowboys, often wearing a #5 jersey, and has been seen in Raiders training camps.[109] He did his own free style rap based on his similarities with Tony Romo.[110][111] He has also shown affection for the New England Patriots, as he has been seen performing at the Gillette Stadium and picked the Patriots as the favorite to win Super Bowl XXXIX against the Eagles.[112][113] On August 6, 2009, Snoop visited the training camp of the Baltimore Ravens at McDaniel College in Westminster, Maryland.[114] He was invited by Ray Lewis the day after his concert at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Maryland.
Steelers - successful
Cowboys - successful
Raiders - successful
Patriots - successful

Good Job Snoop.

jazman 16-03-2011 11:06 PM

He said on the pod that his choice was either the Steelers or the Cowboys and as he was a fighter he would never have chosen the latter which is why he follows the Steelers ...

I know Ice Cude presented the ESPN programme but Snoop was with him in the LA Colusium reminising about the past .... I think he might be confused!

pauldrulez 16-03-2011 11:09 PM

I blame the drugs.

Swanny32 16-03-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Happy Birthday Chris, I hope the Eagles win a game in the next 6 months ;)

Cheers fella, kind of.

peagle 17-03-2011 12:06 AM

What team do you guys reckon Charlie sheen supports? Might have to make them my second team from now on.

pauldrulez 17-03-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
What team do you guys reckon Charlie sheen supports? Might have to make them my second team from now on.

#winning

Swanny32 17-03-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle

That guy is a ******* twat, the best comedy show on TV, getting paid good money, the world at his feet, and ruined it all. All I can find out though is that he is a Dodgers and Lakers fan so I'm guessing he doesn't have an NFL team as there isn't one in LA.

Swanny32 17-03-2011 02:56 PM

So my challenge of getting sports players to tweet me on my birthday didn't go all that well yesterday, managed Mark Bright, and since had a short conversation with him this morning. Jason La Canfora, Eagles DT Trevor Laws and Eagles G/T Todd Herremans.

Just responded to something Darryl Tapp tweeted about, it made him laugh so much that he felt the need to send me a direct message with an LOL in it. Quality.

Swanny32 17-03-2011 04:10 PM

Twitter conversation with Darryl Tapp:

Him: Listen to your body, yesterday mine told me to rest, today it tells me to go get it.

Me: Mine tells me to rest every day but I guess thats why im the fan and your the player.

Him in a direct message: LOL

Me: Thought you might like that one. Good luck if there is any football next season, hopefully I'll get over from the UK for a game or two.

Him in a direct message: If you do I will give you my football cleats that I wore in the game.

GET IN!! Guess where I'm going next season!!

oz_da II 18-03-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Judging by this, he is a true fairweather fan and a gloryhunter at the same time.

Steelers - successful
Cowboys - successful
Raiders - successful
Patriots - successful

Good Job Snoop.

Need to hit Snoop with an #HOP...

oz_da II 18-03-2011 10:29 AM

Happy Belated Birthday, Swanny. :p

Swanny32 18-03-2011 01:37 PM

Thanks Oz