CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

saxoneagle 23-03-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Not a horned frog?

Would fit more in with his Dallas fixation. That or a Mustang.

I just wanted to get him out into the West Texas desert :p

jazman 23-03-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
You strike me more as a Red Raider.

Having never followed college sports I have never had to take sides with anyone, have watched the Longhorns more than most though when I watched ESPN coverage last season.

So tell me, which ones do I have to choose from then?

pauldrulez 23-03-2011 01:53 PM

I'll stick with the BC Eagles, but of the bigger teams, guess i'll follow my instinct and support the same as my American friend and go with the Sooners as well.

saxoneagle 23-03-2011 01:54 PM

If you want to stick with the Dallas/FW area you have TCU (Horned Frogs), SMU (Mustang) or North Texas (Mean Green).

You can be a Longhorn if you must but don't expect me to defend you when you act like a tool :D :p

saxoneagle 23-03-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I'll stick with the BC Eagles, but of the bigger teams, guess i'll follow my instinct and support the same as my American friend and go with the Sooners as well.

See, I always knew you were an inbred c*nt :p :D

saxoneagle 23-03-2011 01:56 PM

I have a list of all Div I-A schols and am happy to randomly generate any of you a team!

Vince Hilaire's Afro 23-03-2011 01:57 PM

Despite what was said on this thread, I've seen it written numerous times that the Panthers will get the overall 1st pick again if the season is a lockout.

If this is indeed true, then go Stanford! Whoo! Yeah!

pauldrulez 23-03-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

See, I always knew you were an inbred c*nt :p :D

:p

I wont really support them, i'll watch them more as there'll be more time to watch NCAA.

Some players I want to watch a lot more of:
Andrew Luck (Sam Bradford or Jake Locker? Both stayed in school an extra year. Both were #1 picks when they chose to stay. One went at #1, one may go at the end of the 1st)
Trent Richardson. This is why I don't like Mark Ingram. The guy is great, but Richardson had the same production as Ingram did but less carries.
The USC QB (Matt Barkley?) - I think he comes out in the 2012 draft, want to see if he lives up to the last few USC QBs (Palmer, Cassel, Sanchez etc)

There's others, but it's a hot day and my brain is frazzled.

jazman 23-03-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

If you want to stick with the Dallas/FW area you have TCU (Horned Frogs), SMU (Mustang) or North Texas (Mean Green).

You can be a Longhorn if you must but don't expect me to defend you when you act like a tool :D :p

Hmmm, decisions ... I'll see, but like I said on the NBA thread, I think I follow enough sport not to start taking a real interest in the college scene ...

Since when have you defended me anyway? ;)

saxoneagle 23-03-2011 01:59 PM

Surely they would do some kind of draft lottery for next year if there is no football?

saxoneagle 23-03-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

:p

I wont really support them, i'll watch them more as there'll be more time to watch NCAA.

Seriously, crossing the state line into OK is like entering another world. A world where you have heroin for breakfast, coke for lunch (lines of) and crystal meth for dinner before settling down with your momma and paw-paw for some late night loving. Sister is invited too unless she has a date with your uncle and cousins.

jazman 23-03-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Seriously, crossing the state line into OK is like entering another world. A world where you have heroin for breakfast, coke for lunch (lines of) and crystal meth for dinner before settling down with your momma and paw-paw for some late night loving. Sister is invited too unless she has a date with your uncle and cousins.

:D :o Saxon gold.

pauldrulez 23-03-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

:D

Sounds like Norwich.

saxoneagle 23-03-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

:D

Sounds like Norwich.

You've obviously never been to OK.

Latvian Eagle 23-03-2011 03:25 PM

If there is no season would teams still draft as if there was a season?

I can't see a draft lottery being fair if we don't get to draft this year... Why should we lose #1 pick just because there's no season!?

saxoneagle 23-03-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
:D :o Saxon gold.

Would be funnier if it wasn't true.

On our way to Oklahoma City last May we stopped to fill up the car. My wife went in to pay and as she came out this kid came up to her. He was about 15 or 16, had no teeth visible (sure sign of crystal meth).

He said to my wife "gee ma'am, you sure look purty (pretty) today; hows 'bout you and me go out tonight? My momma would sure like me to meet a gal like you."

My mother-in-law thanked the "sweet young man" and quickly dragged Elizabeth back to the car where we proceeded to drive away very quickly.

saxoneagle 23-03-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
If there is no season would teams still draft as if there was a season?

I can't see a draft lottery being fair if we don't get to draft this year... Why should we lose #1 pick just because there's no season!?

There is a draft this year. So having a draft next year in the same order would be unfair.

Swanny32 23-03-2011 04:24 PM

I put forward the suggestion to La Canfora that they sim a season on Madden 12 and take the draft order from that. I meant it as a joke but thinking about it, it kinda makes sense. Kind of.

Latvian Eagle 23-03-2011 04:27 PM

You know after a play you see a player normally a QB or WR on the phone to someone... Who the Hell are they talking to and what are they talking about? :confused:

Vince Hilaire's Afro 23-03-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
You know after a play you see a player normally a QB or WR on the phone to someone... Who the Hell are they talking to and what are they talking about? :confused:

I'm sure someone will come up with a better answer, but I think you're allowed 3 players (possibly 'captains') to be connected to the relevant co-ordinators. They would traditionally be the QB and perhaps a key player from the offense and defense.