CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

elliott 27-03-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
I think most people follow a team for some reason or other though, like I follow Texas because my wife is a Longhorn alum.

Oh, massively, I get that. But its always amazing how almost all of those teams are in the top 5-10 in the country. You know what I mean? I suppose I'm a little snobby like that. I suppose its kind of the same here though. Everyone knows Nigel, the man u fan from guildford who's a supporter because his granddad was. His other granddad was a Gills fan, but they aren't any good.


I think you should support UConn by the way Paul. It'd be quite fun, although I've got nothing against BC at all.

peagle 27-03-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
Oh, massively, I get that. But its always amazing how almost all of those teams are in the top 5-10 in the country. You know what I mean? I suppose I'm a little snobby like that. I suppose its kind of the same here though. Everyone knows Nigel, the man u fan from guildford who's a supporter because his granddad was. His other granddad was a Gills fan, but they aren't any good.


I think you should support UConn by the way Paul. It'd be quite fun, although I've got nothing against BC at all.

Yeah I felt kind of bad last night when i did a bit of research and found out that Michigan were actually pretty damn good. I literally didn't know as all I knew about them (and my reason for supporting them) was that Brady went there and then I'd heard from a couple of this years Eisen podcasts that they were rubbish. Especially since my NFL team are pretty amazing.

Might pick a different team and just be fond of them! (Assuming that's ok with the mighty BBS nflers). Would quite like a Washington team as I have family there and visit a bit so what would my choice be? Or obviously Boston, what are "Boston College" like?

Swanny32 27-03-2011 08:21 PM

No idea what the Boston college sports teams are like but I was a signature away from going there to study IT.

Swanny32 27-03-2011 08:22 PM

And the Wolverines aren't great fella, they just hired a new coach as they truly sucked the big one the last few years, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Buckeye.

peagle 27-03-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
And the Wolverines aren't great fella, they just hired a new coach as they truly sucked the big one the last few years, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Buckeye.

Yeah well when the first thing you read is about how they're one of the most successful ever teams with the highest winning percentage of any Uni that kind of put me off. Looking at their results in the Ohio games though they haven't been that great for like 7 years or something! Who knows.

Boston fits the bill as my Dad was brought up in Cambridge Mass. so I actually have a genuine connection (unless MIT have a football programme??) so I might just go with them.

Swanny32 27-03-2011 08:37 PM

In the previous 4 fixtures between Ohio and Michigan we have outscored them 114-27, this was one of the reasons their coach got the boot at the end of the 10/11 season.

elliott 27-03-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
And the Wolverines aren't great fella, they just hired a new coach as they truly sucked the big one the last few years, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Buckeye.


ie. Liverpool????

Honestly, that's a fair comparison.

elliott 27-03-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
In the previous 4 fixtures between Ohio and Michigan we have outscored them 114-27, this was one of the reasons their coach got the boot at the end of the 10/11 season.


http://hoopedia.nba.com/images/6/6d/OhioBobcats.png

ardeo 27-03-2011 09:22 PM

I just picked Penn State, to continue my Philadelpia connections, but also as when we stayed in the US it was mainly in pennsylvania.

Did originally pick East Stoudsburg as its our friends old college and her eldest son's, but they seemed worse than the high school game we went to watch. Think they are division 4 or something so would be difficult to follow them. Guess that's another reason that the big teams pick up fans abroad, just because you can actually watch more of their games.

Swanny32 27-03-2011 09:27 PM

ESU were terrible! Never again!

elliott 27-03-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
I just picked Penn State, to continue my Philadelpia connections, but also as when we stayed in the US it was mainly in pennsylvania.

Did originally pick East Stoudsburg as its our friends old college and her eldest son's, but they seemed worse than the high school game we went to watch. Think they are division 4 or something so would be difficult to follow them. Guess that's another reason that the big teams pick up fans abroad, just because you can actually watch more of their games.


Temple then!

They'd be a cracking team to support. Great stadium, great kit, very up and down.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 27-03-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
Really? I've not noticed, seems like the same people as on here except a bit less of the hyper-obsessed people who always have something "interesting" to tell you about their team!

:( :sob:

Strathclyde Eagle 27-03-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
I think most people follow a team for some reason or other though, like I follow Texas because my wife is a Longhorn alum.

I put my allegiance up for grabs on Facebook and only Jason and Elliott replied. Elliott nominated Navy and Jason nominated Purdue. As interesting as Navy are to watch the pacifist side of me couldn't support an armed forces team so I picked Purdue.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 27-03-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
Temple then!

They'd be a cracking team to support. Great stadium, great kit, very up and down.

Always got to love a team who play at the Linc :love: ;) :p

Latvian Eagle 29-03-2011 02:16 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_olsFfdGggL...egon+Ducks.gif

pauldrulez 01-04-2011 10:53 AM

New CBA Agreed...

April Fool.

That's the type of thing I expect to see on NFL.com today :grrr:

jazman 01-04-2011 01:18 PM

I can't bring myself to sit through an episode of Total Access at the moment. It all seems meaningless if the CBA isn't agreed. I can see the draft being a complete farce.

Swanny32 01-04-2011 01:38 PM

"Total access, where the season never end" (but we do run out of things to tall about and end up talking shit)

jazman 01-04-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
"Total access, where the season never end" (but we do run out of things to tall about and end up talking shit)

My point ... if Rich Eisen isn't presenting I don't even try to watch!

saxoneagle 01-04-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
New CBA Agreed...

April Fool.

That's the type of thing I expect to see on NFL.com today :grrr:

Even if it was agreed no-one would believe it!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.